Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,133 members, 7,953,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:26 PM

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? (21168 Views)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by ezemoses(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2013
my fiance is a year older than me but i love too bits
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2013
cleverdude: I was making references to the norms of marraige,not forms.

norms means rules or expectations

Which kind of norms do you mean
if i am a lady and am more progressive than my man,,, i should keep quiet
How does this affect civil partnerships?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:09pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee:

norms means rules or expectations

Which kind of norms do you mean
if i am a lady and am more progressive than my man,,, i should keep quiet
How does this affect civil partnerships?

I don't think that's what he is talking about. He is talking about what is obtainable how things should be. Simply put, the husband is the head no matter the wife's wealth or social status.

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by cleverdude: 2:24pm On May 10, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I don't think that's what he is taking about. He is talking about what is obtainable how things should be. Simply put, the husband is the head no matter the wife's wealth or social status.

Thanks,tgirl for the insightful elucidation. That was my point.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 2:29pm On May 10, 2013
Ok.. Nice one guys!
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 10, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I don't think that's what he is taking about. He is talking about what is obtainable how things should be. Simply put, the husband is the head no matter the wife's wealth or social status.

According to the Bible.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 2:44pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:
According to the Bible.

according to all the religions.....

women are expected to take the backseat. as a muslim, you are not even allowed to be in a mosque during menstruation.

in judaism, the jews say this prayer 3 times a day - "God, thank you that I am a man and NOT a woman"

in the bible, God said:
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:

according to all the religions.....

women are expected to take the backseat. as a muslim, you are not even allowed to be in a mosque during menstruation.

in judaism, the jews say this prayer 3 times a day - "God, thank you that I am a man and NOT a woman"

in the bible, God said:
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”

lol, you don come back again? grin

For your information I don't even believe or accept that ruling that men must rule over women wink

I mean come on, most men are irresponsible and have poor leadership skills. Are they also supposed to be leaders for no other reason other than because they are male?

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:
in the bible, God said:

Is it not funny that Eve was the one who committed the sin in the garden of Eden but it is EVERY SINGLE WOMAN that should face punishment for her sins?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 3:02pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:
lol, you don come back again? grin

For your information I don't even believe or accept that ruling that men must rule over women wink

I mean come on, most men are irresponsible and have poor leadership skills. Are they also supposed to be leaders for no other reason other than because they are male?

i did not make the rule - i was just pointing to you that all the known religions expect women to let their men take charge.

fellis:
Is it not funny that Eve was the one who committed the sin in the garden of Eden but it is EVERY SINGLE WOMAN that should face punishment for her sins?

same applies to the men or did you hear coogar was in eden sharing fruits with adam n eve? i toil everyday because of those 2 lovebirds. without their disobedience, i would be butt-nakëd in a beautiful garden riding a full grown lion without fear.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 3:05pm On May 10, 2013
Please oh this is about marrying an older woman make una no derail am with male v female supremacy
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 3:07pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee: Please oh this is about marrying an older woman make una no derail am with male v female supremacy

if you look hard enough - you would see they are inter-related. the op was asking if marrying an older woman alters the headship that normally exists in man-woman relationships.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:
i did not make the rule - i was just pointing to you that all the known religions expect women to let their men take charge.

Yeah, and I never said you made the rule, was just pointing out how the rule doesn't always work.

same applies to the men or did you hear coogar was in eden sharing fruits with adam n eve? i toil everyday because of those 2 lovebirds. without their disobedience, i would be butt-nakëd in a beautiful garden riding a full grown lion without fear.

Doesn't change the fact that it would be an unfair punishment, both to the males and females.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 3:11pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:
Yeah, and I never said you made the rule, was just pointing out how the rule doesn't always work.

if it didn't work there wouldn't be any need for feminism. have you ever heard of men fighting for male rights or equality? tongue

Doesn't change the fact that it would be an unfair punishment, both to the males and females.

take God to the nearest magistrate court then.... grin
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:

if it didn't work there wouldn't be any need for feminism. have you ever heard of men fighting for male rights or equality? tongue

So feminism came about because men ruling over their wives was working perfectly?

take God to the nearest magistrate court then.... grin

I don't believe God made those laws wink
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 3:18pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:
So feminism came about because men ruling over their wives was working perfectly?

feminism came about because women felt they were being marginalised by the men. their movement demanded equality.

I don't believe God made those laws wink

of course, the serpent made the laws. the serpent also wrote the entire scriptures in the bible.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:

feminism came about because women felt they were being marginalised by the men. their movement demanded equality.

Then what did you mean when you said this;

coogar:

of course, the serpent made the laws. the serpent also wrote the entire scriptures in the bible.

lol, I thought you were a christian?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:45pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:

According to the Bible.

Nope!

We even see that more prominent in Islam.

Are you saying Islam permits the wife to be lord over her husband cos she is wealthier and more exposed?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 10, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Nope!

We even see that more prominent in Islam.

Are you saying Islam permits the wife to be lord over her husband cos she is wealthier and more exposed?

I never said any such thing
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 3:47pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:

if you look hard enough - you would see they are inter-related. the op was asking if marrying an older woman alters the headship that normally exists in man-woman relationships.

Maybe,,,, But An gender supremacy argument will spoil the feel good factor so far on the thread
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:51pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:

grin grin grin
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:53pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:

I never said any such thing

So, why did u say this? undecided

fellis:

According to the Bible.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 4:00pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:
Then what did you mean when you said this;

i said the old method had worked for thousands of years before women took to the streets to demand equality. hundreds of generations lived by the "my husband is the head of the family" mantra before civilisation ruined the society with their "i too know".

lol, I thought you were a christian?

the sarcasm flew over your head then..... tongue
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 10, 2013
Tgirl4real:

So, why did u say this? undecided

I was trying to say it is that way due to religious beliefs.

It doesn't always work when you apply human logic because most men are bad leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:

I was trying to say it is that way due to religious beliefs.

It doesn't always work when you apply human logic because most men are bad leaders.

Pls if i may ask on what basis did you mean most men are bad leaders
Or did you mean most bad leaders are men

Im sure you know they dont mean the same thing
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:02pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee:

Hehehehe
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee:

What do you mean on what basis?

Abeg, most men are bad leaders plain and simple. I don't know what is so difficult to understand about that statement.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 7:41pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:

Abeg, most men are bad leaders plain and simple. I don't know what is so difficult to understand about that statement.

if you think men are bad leaders try having a female boss for a change. grin
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:

if you think men are bad leaders try having a female boss for a change. grin

Most women seem to be mean bosses because they are trying to prove themselves to be as good as men when it comes to leadership. In doing so, they tend to go overboard and appear very strict/harsh.

It is already established in the minds of many people that women are not capable of being leaders so the women who find themselves in leadership positions do their utmost to avoid making mistakes and justifying people's misconceptions about them.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by coogar: 7:52pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:

Most women seem to be mean bosses because they are trying to prove themselves to be as good as men when it comes to leadership. In doing so, they tend to go overboard and appear very strict/harsh.

It is already established in the minds of many people that women are not capable of being leaders so the women who find themselves in leadership positions do their utmost to avoid making mistakes and justifying people's misconceptions about them.

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 8:02pm On May 10, 2013
fellis:

Sorry for not understanding plain and simple

undecided
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee:

Sorry for not understanding plain and simple

undecided

Sorry if I sounded harsh.I just thought the meaning of what I said was obvious enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? / Man Beat His Wife For Not Calling Him "Sir" / My Sister In Law Slapped Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.