Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Married To An Older Lady...? (21030 Views)

Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name? / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Ever Felt Like You Married The Wrong Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by MSItachi: 3:29pm On May 08, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Which wan be Okafor's law? grin

I'm happy for u. What's the age difference between u 2?

Almost 2 smiley
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 08, 2013
joining thread.

I would marry someone younger and i probably will at this rate
I have never looked my age, I actually look about 10yrs younger than I really am.

good to know some men dont see anything wrong with it.

However, i think the length of the age difference is a factor to me though whether he's younger or older. anything over 4yrs would be difficult to handle because i feel it would be like we were from different generations.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:06pm On May 08, 2013
Salsera,

U are a breath of fresh air. Thanks for contributing.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by kaboninc(m): 9:49pm On May 08, 2013
Let me comment as other guys are commenting. Well I just don't know what I see in older girls but there's this saying that men behave like boys even in old age. I guess the ladies, mature ladies are very good in handling 'the boys'.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by EmmyDe25(m): 10:58pm On May 08, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Don't u think those qualities u listed have to do more with her personality... A year difference isn't dat significant.
How many year difference are u now talking about? Girl, ds is Africa.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by kumulus(m): 11:19pm On May 08, 2013
salsera: joining thread.

I would marry someone younger and i probably will at this rate

Now you'll make people think you're desperate.....#justsaying
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 12:36am On May 09, 2013
kumulus:

Now you'll make people think you're desperate.....#justsaying
Not in the least, but when you look younger than you are then guys interested in you will be younger.

Compatibility is more important to me than number of years. Besides wisdom has neve been the preserve of the 'elderly'

1 Like

Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 6:18am On May 09, 2013
salsera:
Not in the least, but when you look younger than you are then guys interested in you will be younger.

Compatibility is more important to me than number of years. Besides wisdom has neve been the preserve of the 'elderly'

U have a point. Beside they are mature than younger ladies.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:30am On May 09, 2013
salsera:

Thumbs up!
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by kumulus(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2013
salsera:
When you look younger than you are then guys interested in you will be younger.

True talk.....and moreover, that's the way things should be not the other way round.

salsera:
Besides wisdom has neve been the preserve of the 'elderly'

This one pass my understanding o..abeg, can you explain?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by onegig(m): 12:11pm On May 09, 2013
I don't know yet if iwill marry someone older...but i have dated 2 in the past.

It was nice but the age difference was just like a year to two.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by cleverdude: 12:54pm On May 09, 2013
teeo: I would have loved to marry someone older too but I trust my mum she wouldn't agree. I love my mum soo mucch so I won't want to hurt her.

You're bound to follow your mum's opinions unquestionably?? I'm not tryna refute your trust for your mum,but is she impeccable??
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by cleverdude: 12:58pm On May 09, 2013
coogar:

if you have reasons to marry one, go for it. as for me, i made the decision not to marry one after analysing the pros and cons. i really think your mum should play no part in your choice of partner.

Play no part?? C'mon bro,his mum rightfully has a part to play;thats why she's his mum. She cant jeopardize the life of her son,if at all real dangers,which probably eludes her son,elicits.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by cleverdude: 1:13pm On May 09, 2013
salsera:

Be sincere,maritally, can you imperturbably, without problems, indulge in a marraige with a younger spouse and follow up the rules and bound principles of a family: a man being strictly the head and venerable??
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 09, 2013
@kumulus
by that i mean just because you are older doesnt give you rights over the wisdom. look around so many people handling their business successfully and they didnt do it simply because they were older than the next person.

@cleverdude
to answer your question survey the marriage issues on family section - do u honestly think the reason had to do with the wife being older? i'm yet to come across one where a spouse said 'ah is it because i'm younger'.
And talking of rules - which rules? its a marriage not a school

Cmon lets be realistic here - leadership got nothing to with age whether it be in the home or at work.

This same thread has more men saying they are married to people older than them and they are fine
@Tgirlreal
Women dey no worry, i know one in particular just dont wanna call her out.

Let me end with a statement someone once said - you maybe agemates but not 'gracemates'
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 1:57pm On May 09, 2013
salsera: @cleverdude
to answer your question survey the marriage issues on family section - do u honestly think the reason had to do with the wife being older? i'm yet to come across one where a spouse said 'ah is it because i'm younger'.

Cmon lets be realistic here - leadership got nothing to with age whether it be in the home or at work.

This same thread has more men saying they are married to people older than them and they are fine

Not everyone is unasheamed to come out and say they married someone older than they are
Only a special woman you are older than as a man will truly respect you once they have that ring on
Only a RARE woman will respect you in addition to the fact that she is older

Submission is a scarce commodity among women folk..
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:28pm On May 09, 2013
biolabee:

Not everyone is unasheamed to come out and say they married someone older than they are
Only a special woman you are older than as a man will truly respect you once they have that ring on

Hmmm...

U got me thinking here Biolabee. Are u saying these women are only pretending till they get the ring?

Note that some men came up on this thread that they are married to older women and the age is never an issue except one.

I believe that the age thing is a thing of the mind and has to do with your personality and exposure.

If you as a woman see the man as the head in your marriage, u will submit whether or not you are older.

I believe such relationships will work better if the couples have related b4 as friends not minding the age difference.

For example, I have younger men as friends that relate with me on that friendship level. I respect them cos I learn from them and they have sum'n up there to offer. They are matured.

Also, I have younger men that relate with me on Sister/friend level, they look up to me and hope to learn things from me and ofcourse, I also learn from them. But as u can see, the relationship is already geared towards a sister - brother kinda thing and age is already playing a significant part. In that regard, it might be difficult to accept that kinda person as the head cos u are already like a sugar mummy to him indirectly. grin

I dunno if u get what I am trying to say.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by kumulus(m): 2:37pm On May 09, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Hmmm...

U got me thinking here Biolabee. Are u saying these women are only pretending till they get the ring?

Note that some men came up on this thread that they are married to older women and the age is never an issue except one.

I believe that the age thing is a thing of the mind and has to do with your personality and exposure.

If you as a woman see the man as the head in your marriage, u will submit whether or not you are older.

I believe such relationships will work better if the couples have related b4 as friends not minding the age difference.

For example, I have younger men as friends that relate with me on that friendship level. I respect them cos I learn from them and they have sum'n up there to offer. They are matured.

Also, I have younger men that relate with me on Sister/friend level, they look up to me and hope to learn things from me and ofcourse, I also learn from them. But as u can see, the relationship is already geared towards a sister - brother kinda thing and age is already playing a significant part. In that regard, it might be difficult to accept that kinda person as the head cos u are already like a sugar mummy to him indirectly. grin

Did I hear someone say sugar mummy?.... I believe every mummy is SUGAR...dunno 'bout yo though..
By the way, would you be my sugar momma?.....#justsaying
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 09, 2013
biolabee:

I know of a couple that are married but the guys age was younger n another neighbour the same. All have seen is that older women that get married are All doing well better than other couples. It's not bad. But really am not looking for sugar mummy of high age difference but a woman of good character with little age different than me Nd godly not a girl that her eyes too open.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 3:05pm On May 09, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Hmmm...

I feel you
I am not saying women can't be submissive but it is not easy for them

Example

When you are dating a lady you want to marry
She takes a lot of crap from her in-laws, do this yes ma do that yes sir, I'm going to village ok etc bla bla bla

But once the trad or white is done
What you hear is can we travel abroad this year instead of the annual village visit that you are the chair person of
She tests all boundaries to establish control

In some families the younger in laws are not welcome anymore as I am not the wife just because you encouraged her to fami ni rugbon cheesy

Hence the issue
I watched an episode of Four American Weddings on TLC once. The bride was older and she never at any time sought the opinion of her husband moreover she was sponsoring the wedding

A lot of women easily submit due to the apparent differneces in status btw them and their man - money, exposure etc but when situations are reversed may not be as submissive

I am not female bashing o

I was specific on what I said
A naturally submissive woman is rare; even rarer if she is older than her man

The desire of the woman is to her man yet she struggles daily with this as it is not her nature
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:29pm On May 09, 2013
biolabee:

I was specific on what I said
A naturally submissive woman is rare; even rarer if she is older than her man

The desire of the woman is to her man yet she struggles daily with this as it is not her nature

Abeh, explain dis part o. Lol

I agree that a submissive woman is rare with all the gender equality BS, but I don't think it has anything to do with age.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 3:57pm On May 09, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Abeh, explain dis part o. Lol

I agree that a submissive woman is rare with all the gender equality BS, but I don't think it has anything to do with age.

The curse from the bible is this

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
    with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
    and he will rule over you.”

This was a curse that God put on the woman for her part in the fall
That means submitting to the will of man is not natural but will be a struggle for her

Ra.pe, Feminism, empowerment, sex.ual freedom, men beating or killing their wives are all means of one gender trying to exert control or wrest control from the other gender hence the term gender war

Men want to be worshipped by the woman

Women want to be recognised/respected by the man

That was my point
Before the fall I believe there was harmony btw adam and eve but after the man wants to dominate and the woman manipulates

You get now?
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by kaboninc(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2013
biolabee:

The curse from the bible is this

This was a curse that God put on the woman for her part in the fall
That means submitting to the will of man is not natural but will be a struggle for her

Ra.pe, Feminism, empowerment, sex.ual freedom, men beating or killing their wives are all means of one gender trying to exert control or wrest control from the other gender hence the term gender war

Men want to be worshipped by the woman

Women want to be recognised/respected by the man

That was my point
Before the fall I believe there was harmony btw adam and eve but after the man wants to dominate and the woman manipulates

You get now?

Even before the fall...the woman was created as a 'help mate'. Not that they can't have their own goals and aspirations. Moreover this not only happens to humans but to other animals.

Also if we can understand how our society works, the survival of one's life, we'll come to understand why things are like this. There's a misconception about gender equality. Its not about balancing the domineering attitude between sexes. Because there can be no two captains on a ship. One must steer and in a world as ours its the males. If the male is not capable the female does it.

Gender equality is giving equal opportunity to both sexes not just the girl child. As you educate and empower on sex, you do same in equal measure to the other.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:45pm On May 09, 2013
@ Biolabee

OK. I think I do. grin
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2013
Tgirl4real: OK. I think I do. grin

excellent
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:03pm On May 09, 2013
kaboninc:

Even before the fall...the woman was created as a 'help mate'. Not that they can't have their own goals and aspirations. Moreover this not only happens to humans but to other animals.

Also if we can understand how our society works, the survival of one's life, we'll come to understand why things are like this. There's a misconception about gender equality. Its not about balancing the domineering attitude between sexes. Because there can be no two captains on a ship. One must steer and in a world as ours its the males. If the male is not capable the female does it.

Gender equality is giving equal opportunity to both sexes not just the girl child. As you educate and empower on sex, you do same in equal measure to the other.

Thanks for adding this.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by cleverdude: 9:35am On May 10, 2013
salsera: @kumulus
by that i mean just because you are older doesnt give you rights over the wisdom. look around so many people handling their business successfully and they didnt do it simply because they were older than the next person.

@cleverdude

@Tgirlreal
Women dey no worry, i know one in particular just dont wanna call her out.

Let me end with a statement someone once said - you maybe agemates but not 'gracemates'

Just wanted to dig out your perception with respect to marital ethics actually. Nevertheless,the conventional principles and rules still exist: a man having the responsibility as the head in a family.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by cleverdude: 9:42am On May 10, 2013
kaboninc:

Yeah,yeah,a lady can always take up responsibilities,if the man is devoid of competence. However,the natural norm of marraige still remains unaltered.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:03am On May 10, 2013
cleverdude:

Yeah,yeah,a lady can always take up responsibilities,if the man is devoid of competence. However,the natural norm of marraige still remains unaltered.

Yeah! U are right.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by biolabee(m): 11:24am On May 10, 2013
cleverdude:

Is there an unnatural form of marriage please if I may ask
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by cleverdude: 12:05pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee:

I was actually making references to the norms of marraige,not forms.
Re: Are You Married To An Older Lady...? by cleverdude: 12:05pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee:

I was making references to the norms of marraige,not forms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Gift Can I Get For My Mom On Her Birthday? / It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke / Things Disappear In My House All The Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.