Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (53967 Views)

How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2014
Thread wey don pass year, una still dey comment undecided undecided

They will probably be divorced now
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 01, 2014
MarvellousGod: Thread wey don pass year, una still dey comment undecided undecided
They will probably be divorced now

https://www.nairaland.com/1287745/whyme222s-wifes-judge

They better be oh, too much hurt and pain between them, His wife's side of the story too. I see two people who are in a competition to hurt each other, the children shouldnt have to deal with so much resentment.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Lenzz(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
Kai this is a whole shade of pain.
Though this thread is over a year, I could very well connect with the raw pain this OP must have gone through and perhaps is still going through. This is because I have an uncle [just 44] who is also at the same threshold at this time. He recently moved in with me, 3weeks ago precisely leaving his wife to his dup house while kids are in SA on vacation. Moved in with me to limit the damage from spreading to the ears of family nd friends while allowing time for their trial separation.

For some strange reason, infidelity on the part of the woman is always very difficult to accept. This may not be unconnected with the belief that while men cheat just for thrill, women can't do same without caring nd ultimately falling for the person they're cheating with. There lies the dagger people nd that's the case with this OP and sadly, my dear uncle.

I do hope to get some perspective on women cheats someday and will definitely share it here for posterity.
I can only hope this OP got the closure he so desperately sought. But from a witness [having been my uncle's crying shoulder these past 3weeks] stand point, I can confirm this is no mean deal. Its a lot of hurt. So tey me don dey fear women and marriage cry
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by 1miccza: 11:23am On Aug 02, 2014
chymystique: My dear wah ever decision u make now think thoroughly abt et.. I wnt advise u to seperate or divorce her..buh Why dnt u seek d face of God in dis matter for Direction... #mythoughts

In as much as I share your thoughts on seeking the face of God,I feel sometimes God uses situations like the one stated by the OP to reveal our mistakes he should dissolve that marriage ASAP cos that lady is evil!!
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by jr3: 8:50am On Aug 03, 2014
My brother so so sorry. Girls re fool of shit. Don't be bothered. Email me ur number I will call u and tell u what to do. It has happened to me b4. Adebayojr3@gmail.com
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Tonetonz(f): 10:04am On Aug 03, 2014
phrancys001: Hav U considered a DNA test on d baby ? For starter.
bros it's unfair oo
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by profemoral(m): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2014
I think the moderator should close this topic... the op most have settled with his wife by now. (2013 thread)
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by deltateam: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
WhyMe222: I don't even know where to start. Sorrow, depression, dejection, resignation etc, all now knows me by name. The love is dead, I loath her for the betrayal, sex is dead, joy gone. It's been 8 months since I made the startling discovery, I have tried to live like It didn't happen but that didn't work. I have tried to brace it like a man and move past it, that too didn't work. We have had several talks about it hoping it will heal my wound but it ain't working too. I have lost my strength to move on, my drive for success and happiness is dead. I roam aimlessly now most times not having a clear vision cos my mind is messed up. Several times I narrowly escaped ramming into a car ahead of me. I look at women now with disdain (my apologies) and infidelity boldly carved on their foreheads.

What got me all messed up like this? I found out my wife was having an affair with her senior colleague in the office who also doubles as a family friend. How did I get to know, I stumbled into an amorous email exchange between them when I wanted to help her apply for a job which has a better prospect than where she was then. It was the subject of the mail that aroused my curiosity. The subject says "Ifemi" which in Yoruba means "My Love". What is more disturbing is that they were having unprotected sex while my baby was still breast feeding (no wonder my smart girl stopped suckling at 5 months). Our marriage will be 4 years in a couple of months time and is blessed with an adorable daughter. They both claimed it was a mistake. While I am battling to believe them, it will be of interest to note that, they didn't go to bed just once which nullifies the claim of it being a mistake. And it will be foolhardy for anyone to believe that. One cannot make a mistake twice. The second time usually is a choice that is dully premeditated.

I am barely sticking what is left of the marriage just because of my little girl. She will be 2 in no distant time. Separation and divorce is my only option now since every other option has left me worse off. I have lost so much weight in these few months. I also want to state here that I have never cheated on my wife before. I keep asking myself what will push me to cheat because sincerely, my wife has it all; beauty and brains. Like the few people both male and female will say when they see her picture either on my phone or ipad "Guy, you carry eye enter wife market".

One question I want answers to now is: our court marriage did not happen here in Lagos, can I file for dissolution of the union here in Lagos?

Its glaring she lacked brains otherwise she wouldn't cheat on you with a family friend. Now whenever the guy sees you, he'll wink like, I slept with ur wife and knows how she tastes.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by whao: 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
WhyMe222:
I want to forgive her and move past this period and work on the marriage, this is the reason why we have stayed together till this moment. I had the chance of informing both parents last Christmas but I chose not to with the hope we will survive it and move on. Yeah my wife is remorseful. She has tried in her own way to make amends but truth be told, it is not easy. I cannot lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k at her and not wonder how she got to that hotel, took her clothes off, slept with her colleague/our family friend, left and I possibly went to pick her up when she got closer home in our usual fashion, she came back and carried my daughter, forming mother and wife, slept on the same bed with me (Oh Lord I must have been so foolish), and lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k me in the face to tell me she loves me. And then they repeated same thing few days later, and again and possibly again and again and again until I made the discovery.
God help me.

My brother, I am assuring you that you are not in this alone, I was once a victim but mind was during courtship! I came to her house and met them both enjoying themselves and I sat with them as shame caught them all. She was expecting something nasty from me but I calm my emotions as the man jump up and put his boxer and flee, the next was begging and crying of not repeating such again. When I ask why she did that, answer was 'its the devil that lure her into doing it'.

I forgave her and adviced her, with serious cautioning but it was turn into deft ear, same thing repeated itself with another different man, same again and again. I ask, does it mean its only you that the devil enjoy using? Don't you have same and respect for your relationship, body and virtues anymore? Answers will always be shedding crocodile tears.

But some thing happen aftermaths, I was emotionally down and it affected my psychic, I started having HBP and I was rush to hospital only to confirm I was death for some hours, thank God I am alive and since then, I have learn my lesson.

1. Love your wife as you love yourself.
2. Let me her your best friend not just a wife.
3. Provide what she need if you are in the position to do so.
4. Teach her your believe to fear God and respect to marriage, if a home is not build on the true word of God, such marriage can only struggle to stand.
5. Its not too late to reconcile, but you will have to start afresh cos' she will have to EARN every bit of your trust.
6. Do not tell your family yet, and do not involve your friends cos' the will make things worse for you.
7. Tell her the marriage starts now. What has happen is pass and now you are a new person. So she should pick up fast with certain changes in behavior and character.
8. Amen! May God help you.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by PMIcon(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2015
You will meet someone that will make you happy and even take your daughter as her own. You deserve to be happy and you deserve to have a wife that loves you. Sorry o!

You can't be so sure about that!
Plus there is a very high chance a remarrying divorcee will divorce again- sometimes because s/he start seeing the original spouse again.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by samblessed: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
I will suggest u forgive her and move on with life. But have it at the back of your mind that this incident will always be coming up in ur mind like a horror movie you just watched. You should think up of ways to deal with the memory when they creep in. If I may ask, have u bothered finding out what led her to such behaviour? because its better you know so that you can come up with a lasting solution in other to avoid a recurrence.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by blessnija: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
WHY
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Truckpusher(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
WhyMe222:
I don't even know where to start. Sorrow, depression, dejection, resignation etc, all now knows me by name. The love is dead, I loath her for the betrayal, sex is dead, joy gone. It's been 8 months since I made the startling discovery, I have tried to live like It didn't happen but that didn't work. I have tried to brace it like a man and move past it, that too didn't work. We have had several talks about it hoping it will heal my wound but it ain't working too. I have lost my strength to move on, my drive for success and happiness is dead. I roam aimlessly now most times not having a clear vision cos my mind is messed up. Several times I narrowly escaped ramming into a car ahead of me. I look at women now with disdain (my apologies) and infidelity boldly carved on their foreheads.

What got me all messed up like this? I found out my wife was having an affair with her senior colleague in the office who also doubles as a family friend. How did I get to know, I stumbled into an amorous email exchange between them when I wanted to help her apply for a job which has a better prospect than where she was then. It was the subject of the mail that aroused my curiosity. The subject says "Ifemi" which in Yoruba means "My Love". What is more disturbing is that they were having unprotected sex while my baby was still breast feeding (no wonder my smart girl stopped suckling at 5 months). Our marriage will be 4 years in a couple of months time and is blessed with an adorable daughter. They both claimed it was a mistake. While I am battling to believe them, it will be of interest to note that, they didn't go to bed just once which nullifies the claim of it being a mistake. And it will be foolhardy for anyone to believe that. One cannot make a mistake twice. The second time usually is a choice that is dully premeditated.

I am barely sticking what is left of the marriage just because of my little girl. She will be 2 in no distant time. Separation and divorce is my only option now since every other option has left me worse off. I have lost so much weight in these few months. I also want to state here that I have never cheated on my wife before. I keep asking myself what will push me to cheat because sincerely, my wife has it all; beauty and brains. Like the few people both male and female will say when they see her picture either on my phone or ipad "Guy, you carry eye enter wife market".

One question I want answers to now is: our court marriage did not happen here in Lagos, can I file for dissolution of the union here in Lagos?
Pretend as if nothing happened and poison both of them - After all they killed you first. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by MizMyColi(f): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Pretend as if nothing happened and poison both of them - After all they killed you first. cool

undecidedundecidedundecided
Do you even know where to draw the line when you joke?

Goshhembarassed
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Truckpusher(m): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

undecidedundecidedundecided
Do you even know where to draw the line when you joke?

Goshhembarassed
grin grin cheesy What's the big deal.

If you understand the emotional trauma they are making him pass through then you should as well tell me to congratulate the woman and the op's family friend.

If you fucck my wife you're a dead man and the woman of course she's all mine I can do whatever I want unless I didn't find out - No regrets cool
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by MizMyColi(f): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
undecided[s]
Truckpusher:
grin grin cheesy What's the big deal.

If you understand the emotional trauma they are making him pass through then you should as well tell me to congratulate the woman and the op's family friend.

If you fucck my wife you're a dead man and the woman of course she's all mine I can do whatever I want unless I didn't find out - No regrets cool
[/s]
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Truckpusher(m): 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
MizMyColi:
undecided[s][/s]
grin tongue
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by 123papas(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
take heart
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by omoiseselagba: 9:27am On Feb 15, 2016
chymystique:
My dear wah ever decision u make now think thoroughly abt et.. I wnt advise u to seperate or divorce her..buh Why dnt u seek d face of God in dis matter for Direction... #mythoughts
face of god were WO.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by omoiseselagba: 9:35am On Feb 15, 2016
chymystique:
My dear wah ever decision u make now think thoroughly abt et.. I wnt advise u to seperate or divorce her..buh Why dnt u seek d face of God in dis matter for Direction... #mythoughts
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by 16snow(f): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
WhyMe222:
Thank you everyone for your kind words and suggestions. May God bless you all.

On the paternity of my daughter, I have no doubt she is my flesh and blood because of the striking resemblance. She is a replica of my mum.

I want to forgive her and move past this period and work on the marriage, this is the reason why we have stayed together till this moment. I had the chance of informing both parents last Christmas but I chose not to with the hope we will survive it and move on. Yeah my wife is remorseful. She has tried in her own way to make amends but truth be told, it is not easy. I cannot lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k at her and not wonder how she got to that hotel, took her clothes off, slept with her colleague/our family friend, left and I possibly went to pick her up when she got closer home in our usual fashion, she came back and carried my daughter, forming mother and wife, slept on the same bed with me (Oh Lord I must have been so foolish), and lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k me in the face to tell me she loves me. And then they repeated same thing few days later, and again and possibly again and again and again until I made the discovery. They claim it was just a few times cos I have spoken with the devil himself.

Before breaking the news to her after my discovery, I made her unlock her phone so I went straight to their BBM chats. Their BBM conversation and email correspondence lend credence to the fact that, they didn't just sleep with each other out of raging hormones, they were actually having an amorous affair. A supposed wife!

I wish there is a reset button so I can reset my memory and move on in my marriage cos I ĺOVƐ my wife and for the sake of our adorable daughter. But how will I cope in this misery she has put me in? Right now I don't feel anything for her anymore. I snap sometimes no matter how much I try not to. Even the way I relate with her. Our usual pet name "НONEY" is so heavy in mouth now that I just mumble it when I need to call her attention for anything.

I feel my best option is a dissolution. Marriage is meant to be enjoyed and not endured. Yes I know it has its up and downs and we have had our fare share and gone past through it. This one is bigger than me. I don wanna die young or age faster than I should cos I have noticed some rapid changes.

Meanwhile, I made her confess because she was trying to be economical with the details initially. Let me also mention that in all this, I never raised a finger at her. I am one with an absolute self control. I don't subscribe to violence in any form.

God help me.

I read all the men comments here, they all advised the Op to divorce the wife. So my question is why do men find it too difficult to forgive their wife when they cheat while they have been cheating all the time. Op are you a christian? If you are pls pick up your bible and read about forgiveness. To err is human and to forgive divine. Your wife is remorseful, hoping and begging for your forgiveness, why chose to divorce her instead. Is her sin greater than your own sin, yet GOd the father forgives you. How do you even ask God for forgiveness when you can't forgive a repentant wife.

Whatever decision you take i wish you luck. But know that there is no saint out there , there is a probability you might end up with a woman worst than your wife after your divorce. By the you will find it in ur heart to forgive which will be silly cos u couldn't forgive her in ur marriage but will eventually forgive her in divorce when the second woman will be showing you pepper. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. It's even better you report her to her own people or you people's pastor, let the elderly and wise people handle this issues for you. Above all seek God's guidance before you take further decisions on this. Forgive and forget is the number two role to happiness.

1 Like

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Sovanne4: 12:46am On Feb 23
Sometimes love could be the worst experience. you get to love and trust your partner only to feel regret over it. i have been married for 7 years now and i found some sudden change in my partner attitude, i tried talking about it but he complains i'm nagging a lot . i tried to ignore his attitude but it became unbearable so i was advised to hire a hacker to help me gain access to his phone so i had know if he is cheating or not so i was introduced to [ Remote spy hacker @ g m ail . c o m ] and this expert helped me gain access to his phone without his notice. i got to see his messages, photos, call recordings and many more . Now i can see his cheating and that's the reason for the attitude all along.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture / My Wife Twins Sister Moved To Our Apartment Of A Room And Parlour Self-contain / Let's Hear Your Worst Sleepover Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.