Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (53930 Views)

How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by hajieazi(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2013
TV01: @ WhyMe222, good evening my brother,

Your post literally moved me beyond words. So much so, that I had to write, if only to comfort you and wish you well.
You are undoubtedly torn and in great despair. I hold marriage sacred, and would not wish your experience on the vilest of people.

I realise that right now you are raw and hurting, rewinding and playing back events in your head, reviewing the evidence, looking for fault, ascribing blame, feeling utterly betrayed. It must be torture.

As painful as this obviously is, I am heartened by your desire to forgive your wife and restore your union. We all know what the default position is – especially for African men. It was likewise my position. But in coming to and growing in Christ I am fully persuaded that forgiveness and restoration are available and would be a wonderful thing.

You have persevered for at least 6 months. You know why? There was great hope and expectation when the two of you wed. You were both committed, loving and you have a precious daughter. Even now you declare your love. Sir, please believe that both hope and joy are still possible.

Your wife has shown remorse, if this is genuine, please continue to seek forgiveness, healing, reconciliation and restoration.

You need to be prayerful – the both of you - if you are a Christian. Get deeper into your faith, closer to God. One should enter marriage with a sacrificial mindset, and although sacrifice is not always required, I urge you to make a very big – but worthy – one in this instance.

She needs to be utterly open and honest and totally re-committed to her husband, daughter and home. The betrayal was manifold. She needs to be humble and penitent.

But you have to communicate through all of this – intensely. Perhaps you could find time alone, just the two of you. Talk, talk, talk. Discuss, discuss, discuss. You need to have this out fully.

Be clear on your desires and expectations. As a man and as faithful and committed, you need to know why? Continue to show the admirable qualities you have thus far. Be angry, rage even, but remain restrained. You have done so in your hurt and also held your tongue, that is thoroughly commendable. You have been wise to not spread this abroad. Whilst you will get to the point of forgiveness, others may not forget.

Did you miss something, was it truly a mistake or is your wife simply wayward. Even waywardness can be repented of. You both need to be clear on what’s at stake and where you stand. Trust needs to be rebuilt. That takes time and commitment from the both of you.

Having said that, if it proves too much and you feel you must unburden yourself, choose wisely. Someone mature and god-fearing who will respect your privacy.

As for the man in question; Your wife needs to be away from him. And as soon as is conveniently possible. He is not a family friend. He never was. Utterly expunge him.

You have rightfully bourne your daughters well-being in mind. Please continue to do so. I believe you know the resolution that is iv her best interest.

Once again I commend the character you have shown and your pursuit of a non selfish outcome. Marriage is worth fighting for, worth persevering through the difficult times.

Please be strong, you will surely make it through this by the tender mercies and unyielding grace of God. May He restore you to overflowing.

God bless
TV

May God bless your home too. What a wonderful piece.

1 Like

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Toks2008(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2013
jackymfon:
3. If you decide to divorce your wife, you will stigmatize your daughter becos your family will always refer to her mothers adulterous affair and besides if you guys divorce, you marry again, your wife too marries again what happens to her, where will she fit in the equation, also consider the fact that even single guys these days are not finding it easy to settle down becos of the issue of a good wife, one that is not in it for the money or other reasons other than love, but you know your wife loves you despite her actions.

Be strong, give her a second chance and when those pictures flood your mind remind yourself, that its in the past and all of you have moved on from there. cheers.

You have said it all. End of story.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by omotayos01(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2013
jackbauersballs: Before I divorce the olosho, I would feign forgiveness.
Then secretely begin to destroy every thing she holds dear...

I would seduce her mom

Get her younger sister pregnant

Clean out her bank accounts

Arrange for her to get fired from work

make a sextape with her and post it on the internet

Then finally divorce her and take custody of the kid after revealing that it was ME who fcked her up...

I hate these gaddem oloshos mehn... angry angry

As for that 'friend'...he can expect broken ankles/elbows,and kneecaps angry angry

u b corect guy. Me self no knw wetin dis guy dey wait for, abegi divorce am sharpaly, na ashewo im dey cal im wife

1 Like

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by yoddy01: 4:51pm On May 11, 2013
Z
WhyMe222:

Thanks for your contribution. I know my wife will find this and I wasn't hiding it. We do frequent nairaland to keep abreast of happenings. Reading through all the comments with diverse opinion from people of different races and nationalities and most especially our fellow country men/women from different tribes will help draw a clearer picture of the quantum of her misdemeanor and cause her to take a deeper sober reflection.

I don't agree with you that this thread will cause a leak as I did not disclose vital statistics and keywords that can give us away. I had that at the back of my mind all through and I carefully avoided such details.
Please do not tell anyone about this issue. Mostly family members. I know you feel like telling everyone why you are hurting but, this will only cost you heart ache because if you eventually decide to forgive your wife, your friends or family members will no longer have any respect for her. Also you are the one in the relationship, everything that you guys do, should be between you. Handle this issue in a mature manner. If you want to divorce her, fine. Do not go about telling people what she did as it will affect your daughter too. Pls be a man.

4 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by biolabee(m): 5:05pm On May 11, 2013
yoddy01: Z
Please do not tell anyone about this issue. Mostly family members. I know you feel like telling everyone why you are hurting but, this will only cost you heart ache because if you eventually decide to forgive your wife, your friends or family members will no longer have any respect for her. Also you are the one in the relationship, everything that you guys do, should be between you. Handle this issue in a mature manner. If you want to divorce her, fine. Do not go about telling people what she did as it will affect your daughter too. Pls be a man.

1 Like

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2013
LOL. So men don't tell people when cheated on. They help a non-respectable woman to keep unmerited respect. Dumbass things.

2 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by yoddy01: 6:32pm On May 11, 2013
logica: LOL. So men don't tell people when cheated on. They help a non-respectable woman to keep unmerited respect. Dumbass things.
Mr logica,your rudeness is becoming disgusting. You do not have to rain insults because you disagree with people's views. You can decide to shout it from the roof top when you are cheated on. That is nobody's business. Everyone here is trying to help the op with his problems. He can decide to take the advice or not. If you cannot add any reasonable comments to the thread, why not leave? Why rain insults? Please act like an adult. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 8:09pm On May 11, 2013
yoddy01:
If you cannot add any reasonable comments to the thread, why not leave?
Some people seem very adept at giving advise but cannot follow same advise. Take your own advise. One more instance of dumbass things. It is merely proof that had the same happened to you as happened to the OP, you would likely do the exact opposite of the advise you are giving. They call people like you hypocrites.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by yoddy01: 8:53pm On May 11, 2013
logica: Some people seem very adept at giving advise but cannot follow same advise. Take your own advise. One more instance of dumbass things. It is merely proof that had the same happened to you as happened to the OP, you would likely do the exact opposite of the advise you are giving. They call people like you hypocrites.
You do not even make any sense to me Mr logica. You sound like a 5 year old. Are you even old enough to be on this forum?

2 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2013
yoddy01:
You do not even make any sense to me Mr logica.
I confess I will be quite disappointed if I made any sense to you. My very second post to you already addressed this.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by minute(f): 11:13pm On May 11, 2013
Affairs are really common, they are like marriage cancer and hard to get through, I don't think

she's taking being married to very seriously.Obviously there are things in the relationship that

have been neglected.There's a lot of questions here.

Do you love her?
Does marriage mean something to-YOU?
If you can't forgive the girl you married, the one you loved more than life itself
who can you forgive?
Is she sorry and contrite?
Is she a good mother?
Do you want to show your daughter how to forgive?

Affairs are usually the result of something else wrong with the relationship. You could try talking
to her but if you two are drifting apart to such a degree you might as well end the marriage.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Nobody: 9:21am On May 12, 2013
Wow! Issues are taking a different turn. Whyme222's wife's response to this thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1287745/whyme222s-wifes-judge

Hmmmm! Nairaland = Dramaland

*** Watching keenly from the sidelines ****
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Nobody: 1:51am On May 13, 2013
I ve bn followin this thread for a while now and I just hv a few words for u mister.
There is no smoke without a fire. U hv not told anybody about how d fire started and what caused it but u were constantly shoutin fire. Maybe u can begin by sayin d truth.
That way u can free urself.u really do hv time to respond to most of d comments here that pity's u.a man his house is on fire! U rnt serious. R u not a busy man? Now what hv u gained?
Go and work on d mess u created mister and stop whinnin like a kid!saint micheal!what a man!

1 Like

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by salt1: 7:06am On May 13, 2013
logica: Oh no you missed it. I make my own rules in my house. The fact that you are willing to kill does not mean you are willing to be killed (that's the first rule of an assassin or soldier: kill but don't be killed). So because I am a scammer, I should allow people to scam me? grin That's not "double standard"; it is commonsense and self preservation. The rule is simple; if you are going to cheat, don't be caught. The crime is in being caught.

LOL, woman go injure me by sleeping with another man, and then add insult upon it by getting pregnant all for me to raise the bastard? Gentlemen (abi na mugu) plenty for this world o.

What did your last slave die of, logica? Because you sound like a slave driver with your rules.
Watch this attitude! Men like you are the type that resorts to physical abuse if their wives are more financially comfortable

2 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 10:49pm On May 14, 2013
salt 1:

What did your last slave die of, logica? Because you sound like a slave driver with your rules.
Watch this attitude! Men like you are the type that resorts to physical abuse if their wives are more financially comfortable
Maybe that slave is your mother and the slave driver your father; do not mix me up with your father. If your father beats your mother, that is their biz and yours; not mine. I am a man of my own, as I came into this world alone.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by mbulela: 11:32pm On May 14, 2013
gbokukueba: @OP,

I pray you make the right choice[b] but for me if i know she had physical relationship with another man its the end of the marriage.[/b]..
I respect your opinion as an individual and this is not a cticism of your personal choice but i wonder why men often say this?
men go outside and not only sleep with women other than their spouses but some even have children outside. Yet women are expected to forgive and help heal the marriage. Why can't same happen when the table is turned? Most of all, when the guilty party has retraced her steps. Why must forgiveness have a limit? Is that true forgiveness? Especially when repentance is present. If women can forgive men, so should men. This attitude that men cannot forgive cheating partners is misogyntic,to say the least.

5 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by biolabee(m): 2:14am On May 15, 2013
logica: Maybe that slave is your mother and the slave driver your father; do not mix me up with your father. If your father beats your mother, that is their biz and yours; not mine. I am a man of my own, as I came into this world alone.

Those statements about anothers parents and betrays your use of your moniker

You appeal to no logic

2 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2013
biolabee:

Those statements about anothers parents and betrays your use of your moniker

You appeal to no logic
Kindly step aside before yours are added to the list. smiley
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by biolabee(m): 4:05pm On May 15, 2013
logica: Kindly step aside before yours are added to the list. smiley

undecided undecided

threats now... tragic
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by gbokukueba(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2013
mbulela:
I respect your opinion as an individual and this is not a cticism of your personal choice but i wonder why men often say this?
men go outside and not only sleep with women other than their spouses but some even have children outside. Yet women are expected to forgive and help heal the marriage. Why can't same happen when the table is turned? Most of all, when the guilty party has retraced her steps. Why must forgiveness have a limit? Is that true forgiveness? Especially when repentance is present. If women can forgive men, so should men. This attitude that men cannot forgive cheating partners is misogyntic,to say the least.

We all have our right to air our oppinions... you do not necessarily have to agree.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 8:10pm On May 15, 2013
biolabee:

undecided undecided

threats now... tragic
Tragic for you or your family? Look dude or whatever you are, I would rather reserve my responses for those who have more than one liners and do more than go about liking every silly post. Capisce?
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by biolabee(m): 8:24pm On May 15, 2013
logica: Tragic for you or your family? Look dude or whatever you are, I would rather reserve my responses for those who have more than one liners and do more than go about liking every silly post. Capisce?

you claim to be logical in your posts yet consistently have appealed to emotions and anger
Your discourse with toks2008 was flawed appealing to a sense of traditional roles of men and them being allowed to cheat

is that logical you tell me... now abusing my family instead of dealing square with the issue... still more tragic

ish
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 8:38pm On May 15, 2013
biolabee:

you claim to be logical in your posts yet consistently have appealed to emotions and anger
Your discourse with toks2008 was flawed appealing to a sense of traditional roles of men and them being allowed to cheat

is that logical you tell me... now abusing my family instead of dealing square with the issue... still more tragic

ish
You are still here? You know I just checked your profile to be sure you are a man; because you seem to think like a woman. I know your type though; I can assure you that you will raise a few kids that are not yours. You are just that weak.

Speaking of anger, you don't have a clue. I'm perfectly calm even as I post this; but any insults thrown at me leads directly back to the throwers home. That's my own rule.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by biolabee(m): 8:44pm On May 15, 2013
logica: xxxx
suit urself dude..
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Idowuogbo(f): 8:47pm On May 15, 2013
logica: You are still here? You know I just checked your profile to be sure you are a man; because you seem to think like a woman. I know your type though; I can assure you that you will raise a few kids that are not yours. You are just that weak.

Speaking of anger, you don't have a clue. I'm perfectly calm even as I post this; but any insults thrown at me leads directly back to the throwers home. That's my own rule.
Mr man, Are u pregnant? Jeez! Enough! angry

2 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 8:56pm On May 15, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Mr man, Are u pregnant? Jeez! Enough! angry
Lol. Yes I am. Triplets. grin
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:19pm On May 15, 2013
logica: Lol. Yes I am. Triplets. grin
Abajo! No wonder! U due May 2014 she? Pele! Wa ye.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Abajo! No wonder! U due May 2014 she? Pele! Wa ye.
Yeah. Tonight. Venue is my toilet. Come watch me drop 3 turds. Special viewing. Goodnight. grin
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:39pm On May 15, 2013
logica: Yeah. Tonight. Venue is my toilet. Come watch me drop 3 turds. Special viewing. Goodnight. grin
Ewwwwwwwwh! Nite! angry
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by jidesam: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
i dont know how far you have gone on this issue. People have said several things based on the information that is available. You said you have ecplored several ways to solve the problem, but i think there is one you are yet to explore. Are you a christian or muslim? Whatever your religion, have you spoken to your pastor about it. Except youare an athiest you need to do that also. Even if you are you need to talk to a marriage counselor about. Divorce is not the solutio, even if you get it, your heart is already wouded.. Divorce cannot heal your wound but add to it. In anutshell, seek for help by talkig to people that can actually help you.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by DECOtech(m): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2014
baby124: You can divorce her if you can boldly claim that you have been a faithful and good husband. If you have not, stay there, forgive and work through your issues as you have both canceled each other out. You are the leader of your home, if you stray, your wife has an 80percent chance of straying. Some women are so frustrated by their husband's bad behavior and lonely that they find solace in another. Who better than a friend whom you wouldn't suspect, is married so he won't want more, and has her time? If you have been an unrepentant cheat like some men, the shoe is on the other foot, and you feel what she feels everytime you cheat. If you feel like you have no life, imagine how you have killed her a 1000 times. If you are a cheat, man up and fix your home. In this day and age, it wouldn't get better. Women are hardly dying and crying to death for husband anymore. So men now are either faithful or the couple play each other till they both RIP or kill each other with diseases. If you are not a cheat and you are a good husband, divorce her.
how does this relate to the issue on ground now?!
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 01, 2014
WhyMe222: Thank you everyone for your kind words and suggestions. May God bless you all.

On the paternity of my daughter, I have no doubt she is my flesh and blood because of the striking resemblance. She is a replica of my mum.

I want to forgive her and move past this period and work on the marriage, this is the reason why we have stayed together till this moment. I had the chance of informing both parents last Christmas but I chose not to with the hope we will survive it and move on. Yeah my wife is remorseful. She has tried in her own way to make amends but truth be told, it is not easy. I cannot lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k at her and not wonder how she got to that hotel, took her clothes off, slept with her colleague/our family friend, left and I possibly went to pick her up when she got closer home in our usual fashion, she came back and carried my daughter, forming mother and wife, slept on the same bed with me (Oh Lord I must have been so foolish), and lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k me in the face to tell me she loves me. And then they repeated same thing few days later, and again and possibly again and again and again until I made the discovery. They claim it was just a few times cos I have spoken with the devil himself.

Before breaking the news to her after my discovery, I made her unlock her phone so I went straight to their BBM chats. Their BBM conversation and email correspondence lend credence to the fact that, they didn't just sleep with each other out of raging hormones, they were actually having an amorous affair. A supposed wife!

I wish there is a reset button so I can reset my memory and move on in my marriage cos I ĺOVƐ my wife and for the sake of our adorable daughter. But how will I cope in this misery she has put me in? Right now I don't feel anything for her anymore. I snap sometimes no matter how much I try not to. Even the way I relate with her. Our usual pet name "НONEY" is so heavy in mouth now that I just mumble it when I need to call her attention for anything.

I feel my best option is a dissolution. Marriage is meant to be enjoyed and not endured. Yes I know it has its up and downs and we have had our fare share and gone past through it. This one is bigger than me. I don wanna die young or age faster than I should cos I have noticed some rapid changes.

Meanwhile, I made her confess because she was trying to be economical with the details initially. Let me also mention that in all this, I never raised a finger at her. I am one with an absolute self control. I don't subscribe to violence in any form.

God help me.

Hmm! I feel touched by ur story.if all u av narrated is sincerely d way it is then one who has a head has no cap [youba adage] leave evrytin to God and seprate for now.u can cal her to know of ur daughter' wellfare and also send d neccessary bills for ur daughter's upkeep.u need to get ur self back nd ask God to guide ur moves.all d best bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

My Wife Twins Sister Moved To Our Apartment Of A Room And Parlour Self-contain / Let's Hear Your Worst Sleepover Experience / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.