Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

-- - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / -- (17782 Views)

"7 Signs You Are In A Relationship With A Single Guy" / 5 Signs You Are Dating A Womanizer / 10 Signs You Are Not In Love With Your Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: -- by nonjebose(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2013
My partner tried a few of this with until I read the riot act! She tried putting me down severally,hardly appreciative
Re: -- by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 13, 2013
Some Folks who're not Assertive enough would resort to Physical assault Just to make a Point, that doesnt mean they intend Abusing their partner emotionally.

We're humans with diverging traits and temperaments, some actions could Just, I repeat, Could just not be what u felt it was directed for.
Re: -- by DaMayor1: 7:54pm On May 13, 2013
Dear Op, your assessment is slightly skewed. It is obvious you have not considered some social characteristics of human nature; emotions and the concept of love. Your assessment is a straight jacket scientific suit that doesn't fit into most of human society where emotions and other things play a part. Much as you may disagree, love which is a strong emotion, constrains you to make sacrifices. Therefore what you may considers as abuse is seen as sacrifice by another.
It is no news that most women in love are more emotional and more likely to make these type of sacrifices. Now i in no way condone any form of abuse, but fear is an integral part of love and respect in any society. This is visible in the family, school, military, society and even religion.
So Op, good as your post is (and i strongly encourage people to ask themselves your questions), it is not applicable in all cases that where one or more of these arise, an outright case of abuse exists.
Cheers :-)
Re: -- by nonjebose(m): 7:57pm On May 13, 2013
Emotional abuse applies to both male and female.Guys may add physical abuse,but ladies are leaders of the act itself.
Re: -- by Pelummy(f): 8:18pm On May 13, 2013
yuzedo:
Bro, send me ur adrest. U disserv a plate of beer!!! grin grin grin grin grin
plate or bottle? OLODO
Re: -- by jaytime(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2013
To me o, there is nothing like 21 signs. There is only 1 sign: if you are emotionally abused, you are emotionally abused; period.

1 Like

Re: -- by Ifecoded(m): 10:10pm On May 13, 2013
kulyie: gbaaagauuunnn cheesy . there is nothing like 'a plate of beer',it's 'a bottle of beer'.Drinks are kept/stored inside bottles,not in a plate. 8-)
dont u undastand wen sum1 z joking? U lukin bookish cry
Re: -- by Ifecoded(m): 10:15pm On May 13, 2013
Da Mayor: Dear Op, your assessment is slightly skewed. It is obvious you have not considered some social characteristics of human nature; emotions and the concept of love. Your assessment is a straight jacket scientific suit that doesn't fit into most of human society where emotions and other things play a part. Much as you may disagree, love which is a strong emotion, constrains you to make sacrifices. Therefore what you may considers as abuse is seen as sacrifice by another.
It is no news that most women in love are more emotional and more likely to make these type of sacrifices. Now i in no way condone any form of abuse, but fear is an integral part of love and respect in any society. This is visible in the family, school, military, society and even religion.
So Op, good as your post is (and i strongly encourage people to ask themselves your questions), it is not applicable in all cases that where one or more of these arise, an outright case of abuse exists.
Ciaman, u no kum geh any like eeyah undecided

1 Like

Re: -- by Ifecoded(m): 10:15pm On May 13, 2013
Da Mayor: Dear Op, your assessment is slightly skewed. It is obvious you have not considered some social characteristics of human nature; emotions and the concept of love. Your assessment is a straight jacket scientific suit that doesn't fit into most of human society where emotions and other things play a part. Much as you may disagree, love which is a strong emotion, constrains you to make sacrifices. Therefore what you may considers as abuse is seen as sacrifice by another.
Ciaman, u no kum geh any like eeyah undecided
Re: -- by alphaconde(m): 11:53pm On May 13, 2013
Am guilty of some, but I sweAr am not abusive
When people argue or quarell with me I walk away or keep quiet, how does that make someone emotionally abusive. Fork ur 21 normal things people in relationship do
Re: -- by optimax(m): 11:57pm On May 13, 2013
noted
Re: -- by optimax(m): 11:58pm On May 13, 2013
duly noted
Re: -- by Nobody: 12:47am On May 14, 2013
nonjebose: My partner tried a few of this with until I read the riot act! She tried putting me down severally,hardly appreciative

Are you still with this person?
Re: -- by kumulus(m): 1:31am On May 14, 2013
BabaAlabi: Loolz..You call it emotional abuse some girls call it LOVE.

Emotional Violation Of Liberty....
Re: -- by Nobody: 5:48am On May 14, 2013
israel007:

#8 Two faced personality. Your partner’s behavior and attitude confuses you. At times, they may be extremely loving and caring. And at other times, they’re really mean and hurtful. You just can’t predict how they’ll react to anything you do.

#9 The sadist inside. Your partner feels better about themselves when they point out your flaws or criticize you. They may be more jovial or happy on days when you’re overworking or stressed because of your own mistakes.

#10 The humiliation. Your partner humiliates you or makes nasty remarks, especially around your friends or people who admire you.

#15 The silent treatment. If you stand up for something or try to take control of the situation, your partner may walk away in a huff and give you the silent treatment. An emotionally abusive partner works on guilt, and they hate giving power away in a relationship. Your partner may just ignore you until you apologize for opposing their decision!

#21 Denial. Even when you point out their emotionally abusive ways, your partner doesn’t accept their emotionally abusive ways as a flaw. Instead, they convince themselves and try to convince you that they’re doing all this only to help you become a better person and stand on your own feet.

classic signs.
the entire list is on point but the above esp. stood out to me.
what they show is that the emotional abuser has extreme levels of insecurity and self esteem issues.
Re: -- by Nobody: 5:50am On May 14, 2013
El Guapo: Some Folks who're not Assertive enough would resort to Physical assault Just to make a Point, that doesnt mean they intend Abusing their partner emotionally.

We're humans with diverging traits and temperaments, some actions could Just, I repeat, Could just not be what u felt it was directed for.

you really believe that? undecided
Re: -- by yajoe(m): 7:04am On May 14, 2013
nbright: what if it's not the entire 21 commandments?.
Even 1 is enuf 2 mak u feel abused emotionally sad
Re: -- by brownyjeez: 7:41am On May 14, 2013
So true
Re: -- by clintwine(m): 10:17am On May 14, 2013
I guess if this Is what women term emotionally abusive, then I guess we all have been abused and are continuously abused.
Re: -- by blackbeau1(f): 10:39am On May 14, 2013
nice post.
Re: -- by maxisfield(f): 11:16am On May 14, 2013
All ds signs no dey finish sef undecided..iz eida 12signs you are ds,10signs you are not dat,20signs dat u will neva b ds, 15signs uv nt done dat, 5signs uv bein doin ds..afta all ds signs shits stil Hapn..can we hav our peace plz grin
Re: -- by Cipriani(m): 7:58pm On May 14, 2013
OP,

You wasted a hell lot of my time reading this garbage. We all have been emotionally abused and it is not with spouses and partners alone. Even a girl you try to toast(woo) may emotional abuse you and emotionally beat you senseless.

At work, I have been emotionally abused, so it is a way of life.

To hell with that 21 rubbish point
Re: -- by clintwine(m): 1:12pm On May 15, 2013
Cipriani: OP,

You wasted a hell lot of my time reading this garbage. We all have been emotionally abused and it is not with spouses and partners alone. Even a girl you try to toast(woo) may emotional abuse you and emotionally beat you senseless.

Abeg tell them o, it seems in this modern age of everybody claiming ITK, they are just causing more harm than good.
In life activities, most things are based on emotions, how else do you think advertisers appeal to you to buy products you don't use, do you sue them for abuse, since they took advantage of your emotions?

Or the girl who gets into a fight with you when you say : am not buying you a blackberry?
Or the wife that compares you to all her friends bf and husbands

It is highly unfortunate , that there are many gullible people who would read this and take it to heart hence raising dust where there should not be one.

In life, you win some and loose some, you compromise for peace to reign, and sacrifice if you love someone , cos no one is perfect
And always try to treat someone the way you expect to be treated
Re: -- by israel007: 11:59am On May 19, 2013
Cipriani: OP,

The fact that it's become a way of life for YOU doesn't mean it's acceptable. Good luck being abused

(1) (2)

Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? / My Pastor's Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.