Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew (43259 Views)

Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) / Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by firstolalekan(m): 6:39am On May 15, 2013
Intrepid!:

You are obviously ret.arded and most likely raised in a whorehouse.

I dont blame u.
Am very sure your mother is a wh0re and she will always be. tongue tongue
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by calaway: 8:10am On May 15, 2013
lagcity:
All of these crap you typed here is not new. I do not have any hate against any Igbo. However, I wont shy away from telling any Igbo or Hausa or Yoruba the truth. If you have any proof that the State of Israel (not one misguided Israeli pilot) supported Biafra, present it. If you have any proof of genocide during the civil war, present it. Quick question for you: if you want to wipe out your enemy and your enemy surrenders, what do you do? Answer that question and tell me whether Nigeria wanted to wipe out the Igbos.

It seems you know very little about your country (a learner)or could it be that you are embroiled in self denial to lend credence to your unobjectivly sadistic posture (Hausa & Tinubu ways)

"Land of the Rising Sun was chosen for Biafra's national anthem, and the state was formally recognised by Gabon, Haiti, Côte d'Ivoire, Tanzania and Zambia. Other nations which did not give official recognition but which did provide support and assistance to Biafra included Israel, France, Portugal, Rhodesia, South Africa and the Vatican City.[2] Biafra also received aid from non-state actors, including Joint Church Aid, Holy Ghost Fathers of Ireland, Caritas International, MarkPress and U.S. Catholic Relief Services.[2]"

you may google:"1966 anti-Igbo pogrom" to educate yourself on the reality of the massacre of Igbo that led to the attempt:
Jos massacre in 1945,
Kano massacre in 1953
1966 massacre in all over northern Nigeria and reported in western region ,
Kano in 1980
Maiduguri massacre in 1982
Yola massacre in 1984
Gombe massacre in 1985
Kaduna massacre in 1986
Bauchi massacre in 1991
Funtua massacrein 1993
Kano massacre in 1994
Jos massacre in 2011 by Hausa CPC supporters.
Boko Haram has continued in the killing of Igbos as these are their main casualties including the kiling of more than 22 Igbo men all from the same village in Adamawa, and more than 20 Ibo students in Mubi polytechnic the countless quite killing of Igbos in Borno and yobe. Believe or not anywhere I mean anywhere in Nigeria that you have a population of 400 you must have at least 2 Igbo families embedded this said any time you hear in the media that there is a strike by Boko haram in any community in the North know that they are direct Igbo casualties eighter by Boko themselves or useless youth who seize the opportunity to removing a thriving infidel.

Women and children constitute great numbers of victims of these mindless genocides. It is worthy of note that NEVER has there bn any reprisal attacks form the IGBOS.

How are the Igbo's enemy of Nigeria? What have they taken from Nigeria? What did they do to Nigeria? the killing of igbos started in 1945 long before the so called 1966 igbo coup which was foiled by Gen Aguiyi Ironsi who incidentaly is Igbo.
The Ibos only wanted to walk away from the hate of other parts of Nigeria and yet your fathers resisted this move and fought them to keep the union. So tell me where does the word Enemy come in?
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by debetmx(m): 8:43am On May 15, 2013
calaway:

It seems you know very little about your country (a learner)or could it be that you are embroiled in self denial to lend credence to your unobjectivly sadistic posture (Hausa & Tinubu ways)

"Land of the Rising Sun was chosen for Biafra's national anthem, and the state was formally recognised by Gabon, Haiti, Côte d'Ivoire, Tanzania and Zambia. Other nations which did not give official recognition but which did provide support and assistance to Biafra included Israel, France, Portugal, Rhodesia, South Africa and the Vatican City.[2] Biafra also received aid from non-state actors, including Joint Church Aid, Holy Ghost Fathers of Ireland, Caritas International, MarkPress and U.S. Catholic Relief Services.[2]"

you may google:"1966 anti-Igbo pogrom" to educate yourself on the reality of the massacre of Igbo that led to the attempt:
Jos massacre in 1945,
Kano massacre in 1953
Kano in 1980
Yola massacre in 1984
Gombe massacre in 1985
Kaduna massacre in 1986
Bauchi massacre in 1991
Funtua massacrein 1993
Kano massacre in 1994
Boko Haram has continued in the killing of Igbos as these are their main casualties including the kiling of more than 22 Igbo men all from the same village in Adamawa, and more than 20 Ibo students in Mubi polytechnic the countless quite killing of Igbos in Borno and yobe. Believe or not anywhere I mean anywhere in Nigeria that you have a population of 400 you must have at least 2 Igbo families embedded this said any time you hear in the media that there is a strike by Boko haram in any community in the North know that they are direct Igbo casualties eighter by Boko themselves or useless youth who seize the opportunity to removing a thriving infidel.

Women and children constitute great numbers of victims of these mindless genocides. It is worthy of note that NEVER has there bn any reprisal attacks form the IGBOS.

How are the Igbo's enemy of Nigeria? What have they taken from Nigeria? What did they do to Nigeria? the killing of igbos started in 1945 long before the so called 1966 igbo coup which was foiled by Gen Aguiyi Ironsi who incidentaly is Igbo.
The Ibos only wanted to walk away from the hate of other parts of Nigeria and yet your fathers resisted this move and fought them to keep the union. So tell me where does the word Enemy come in?
In February 1966, when the Niger Deltans led by Adaka Isaac Boro only wanted to to walk away from the hate of other parts of Nigeria (especially the eastern region) what did your fathers (Aguiyi Ironsi & Emeka Ojukwu)do?

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Gegz(m): 8:55am On May 15, 2013
Honestly, we nigerians could be so impossible atyms... Pls dose insultin d man, tell me which military head of state/dictator doesn't av a case of murder on his neck. Is it murtala (asaba killings) is it ojukwu (led his people to a purposeless war almost leading to genocide)... We are talkin of individual virtues here.... Pls, comprehend before u comment. *advice*
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 10:15am On May 15, 2013
calaway:

Jos massacre in 1945,
Kano massacre in 1953
Kano in 1980
Yola massacre in 1984
Gombe massacre in 1985
Kaduna massacre in 1986
Bauchi massacre in 1991
Funtua massacrein 1993
Kano massacre in 1994

You're always quick to mention what was done to you, and leaving what you did to others. After the January 1966 coup in which Hausa and Yoruba people were killed, Igbo people made cloths with two pictures on them. One had S L Akintola (Western Region Premier) and Ahmadu Bello being prevented from entering heaven by angel who said the place was not meant for those rigged election. The other had the corpse of Ahmadu Bello with a cock (the symbol of the NCNC) on his chest. This showed that the Igbo people were happy for the coup. When there was a counter coup in July that same year, they started crying. If you sow to the wind, expect to reap the whirldwind.

On the civil, when it just started, the FG saw it as a mere rebellion and took police action. But the 'Biafrans' took it seriously and as resulted to early victory for them. No wonder Emeka Ojukwu said he had the best army in black Africa; he was not speaking from the point of an underdog but from the point of power. He even said each of his soldiers should bring about three heads of Nigerian soldiers. None of you has said this should be taken to the ICJ. You don't see your invention of Ogbunigwe and other local weapons used in the killing of Nigerians as means of carrying out genocide. It was when you finally lost the war when you Oga At The Top, a self-styled general, Emeka Ojukwu escaped with the guise of seeking peace which he ran from earlier, that you started saying it was genocidal. If you no know wetin you go talk make you blow wistle.

3 Likes

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by juman(m): 11:15am On May 15, 2013
Hmmm!!!
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by FANE4Naija: 12:04am On May 16, 2013
chukwudi44: The general was a war criminal.He was guilty of committing one of the worst genocides in african history.Emma okocha's blood on the niger really potrayed him for who he really is.
Gbam!!! I used to take him as being great until I heard and read about what he did to my people of Asaba. As I heard, all the military men that were involved in that bloody massacre all died painfully.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 16, 2013
shymexx: Err... Perhaps, you're referring to Zik and his pseudo-pan-Africanism(Rossikk acts like him as well)...

However, this man was the real deal: a principle and disciplined man who was down for the cause. Rejecting Henry Kissinger's(google the name) visit is enough to show what type of man he was.

This guy just ruled for some months not enough time frame to be singing his praises! Most african leaders often start their tenure by giving everyone some 'optimism' before we see their true colors. So I'm not deceived. Just like Mugabe and his tiff with white Zimbabweans and black power crazy people like you are happy whereas like the typical wicked African, Mugabe would rather die as president than be elected out of office. But thank God Murtala had already shown us his true colors and what he is capable of before he died. I know the the whole pan-africanist view make you excited cheesy grin, me, not so much. tongue
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 16, 2013
FANE4Naija: Gbam!!! I used to take him as being great until I heard and read about what he did to my people of Asaba. As I heard, all the military men that were involved in that bloody massacre all died painfully.

Shuwa was another criminal soldier that murdered civilians in cold in Asaba area ,he was gunned down in Maiduguri some months ago by Boko haram
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by debetmx(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2013
babyosisi:

Shuwa was another criminal soldier that murdered civilians in cold in Asaba area ,he was gunned down in Maiduguri some months ago by Boko haram

Which history book did you read? am sure you read the biafra propaganda book authored by chinua achebe & co. You guys are the most ungrateful pple on earth. Shuwa who almost lost his life because of your people and never saw eye to ey3 with Murtala Muhammed. Shuwa a criminal soldier? May God forgive u and pple who wrote the lies you read.

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 16, 2013
stillwater:

This guy just ruled for some months not enough time frame to be singing his praises! Most african leaders often start their tenure by giving everyone some 'optimism' before we see their true colors. So I'm not deceived. Just like Mugabe and his tiff with white Zimbabweans and black power crazy people like you are happy whereas like the typical wicked African, Mugabe would rather die as president than be elected out of office. But thank God Murtala had already shown us his true colors and what he is capable of before he died. I know the the whole pan-africanist view make you excited cheesy grin, me, not so much. tongue

I'm a little bit busy with work, at the moment. I'll be back with a proper reply.

But put yourself in his shoes. You revere Achebe like a demi-god - now imagine a Hausa man mutilating your Achebe in his sleep; posing everywhere with his corpse; and Hausa people taunting Igbo's with picture. And you've military might to avenge the loss. Now, tell me what you'll do..

And don't lie because I know how upset most Igbo's on this forum were when people accused Achebe of being a tribalist.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by initiate: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
I wonder why this topic cannot be discussed in mainstream media
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by takhdeer: 10:58am On Feb 14, 2017
All the Biafra types coming to this forum to call our gallant soldiers like Murtala and Shuwa criminals should note that the real criminals were Chukwuma Nzeogwu and Co who violently interrupted out first republic and our federalism and selectively murdered non-Igbo military and political leaders while sparing the Igbo ones. It is extreme naivety for anyone to imagine that the gory events of January 15 1966 won't be followed by countercoups and massacres. It was quite predictable. It is a measure of the extremely self-absorbed nature of the Igbo to think that they could murder the leaders of other Nigerian groups without provoking a MASSIVE retaliation. Well, thank God the retaliation came swiftly and decisively thanks to our late heroes. If not for Murtala, Danjuma, Shuwa and others, the rest of Nigeria would have remained slaves of the Igbos. No one should tell me about any Asaba or whatever massacre - they were just retaliations for January 15 1966. At least, you have all learnt your lessons not to ever mess with other Nigerians again.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by holums(m): 10:23am On Jan 15, 2018
He committed a lot of atrocities (Asaba massacre) before he became head of state but Nigeria youths have been taught with lies about him........
Another fact..... He had his roots in Auchi, Edo State not Kano, his father is Afemai married to an Hausa Woman.
Re: Murtala Muhammed - Things You Never Knew by blaqoracle: 10:15am On Feb 02, 2018
2iic:
He paid the perfect price for his supervision of the 'Asaba Massacre' during the civil war. Pls get yourself a copy of Chinua Achebe's there was a country. A murderer of innocent women and kids. I have no doubt that he's in the hottest and darkest part of hell. That's all.
you mean that toilet paper writen bv chinua achebe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Why I Danced Hold-tight With Obasanjo" - Patience Jonathan / Oshiomhole Engages In A Dancing Competition With El-Rufai In Edo / Benue Killings: You Lied, Osinbajo Replies Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.