Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa (37390 Views)

Buhari Receives Emir Of Yobe And His Delegates In Abuja(photos) / Live Updates From Bornu, Yobe And Adamawa States / Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by olajide8(m): 8:02pm On May 14, 2013
It seems as if we have a commander in chief O! GEJ first thing he has done right.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 14, 2013
Paragraph 14 of GEJ's speech suggests that the military could even search and lock-down the various government houses and Emir's palaces. This seems like a total military operation.

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by aforebby: 8:03pm On May 14, 2013
GEJ..why didnt you include nassarawa,,Niger and Rivers so that we can fraudstrate the Govs presidential ambition ones and for all..Goodluck..Yobe,adamawa and Borno
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by HonKontigi: 8:04pm On May 14, 2013
state of emergency is another name for chop-chop. All the statutory allocation to the three states from the federation Account will just vamoose. OBJ declared state of emergency in plateau and in effect re-introduced military rule there for almost a year. At the end of the state of emergency plateau state witnessed even more violence.The same thing will likely happen in these three state because boko haram leadership have relocated to lawless chad.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 14, 2013
It must be evenly distributed

First Phase

Bornu
Yobe
Adamawa

Second Phase

Nasarawa
Rivers
Lagos

grin

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by lateef4me(m): 8:04pm On May 14, 2013
A bold but long delayed move by GEJ,just that the affected governors should have been removed temporary for the military administrators....
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by gramci: 8:04pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi:

Don't wear flowing gowns so they can separate the sheep from the goats

He should also avoid carrying kettle

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 14, 2013
Wats ur problem with Jos ? Do u hav any special interest there? Or u r partnof those pple tryn 2 convert it into a Sultanate with the help of Fulani/hausa schematics, having found out that the indegenes cannot be broken to capitulation, even with the differnt theories been advanced by the hausa/fulani joined together!
LytleAngel: And Mr President conveniently skipped JOS but included Adamawa...

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by chaloner(m): 8:04pm On May 14, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has declared a State of Emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa State.
what will i say , he did his best after reading his speech below. long live one nigeria.
http://www.weyab.com/2013/05/president-jonathan-state-of-emergency.html
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by HARDDON: 8:05pm On May 14, 2013
It should have been total! SOE

These bigots of governors have no right to sit in their offices to loot public funds. They seem to be enjoying the insecurity situation in their states and therefore should have been sent packing!

Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable....wonder why no oηε is refering to this statement вч that old hag Atiku. Have we forgotten so ѕσση?

Why hasn't he been called to question?

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Ayopercent(m): 8:05pm On May 14, 2013
alnaijiri: State of Emergency in the North is a codeword for restricting democracy and autonomy of the Muslim North and subjugate Muslims under this Xtian Crusader government. We know this is what the South wants. Maybe they're bankrolling BH and other "Islamic" groups all along to get what they want.
Boko Haramite.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by ovo4u(m): 8:05pm On May 14, 2013
Can someone educate me on what STATE OF EMERGENCY REALLY MEANS? does it mean, the govornors on those state are then under military power or does this mean in every street there are soldiers? pls with a nice explanation will just make me fine. thanks
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nosyke(m): 8:07pm On May 14, 2013
House, I am confused. When Obj did something similar in Ekiti and Plateau, their governors stepped down, the military took over. This is unlike what just happened. I read up the quoted section 305. Does it mean Obj, acted un constitutionally?
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Monimatic(m): 8:07pm On May 14, 2013
Commander In Chief, Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Goodluck Jonathan(GCON) has spoken, anybody or group of Persons not happy with the Constitutional declaration of STATE OF EMERGENCY in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa, should go and hang TRANSFORMER or move out of Nigeria voluntarily with immediate effect.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
[quote][/quote]

4 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by DICKtator: 8:07pm On May 14, 2013
Thumbs up to Jonathan!
This is a very bold move!!
Wonder who are the administrators that would be selected to govern these states?
grin grin grin grin
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:07pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi: Can somebody intelligent explain to me what it means in practical terms
State of emergency means that the states now belong to Emma and his agency lol
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 14, 2013
ovo4u: Can someone educate me on what STATE OF EMERGENCY REALLY MEANS? does it mean, the govornors on those state are then under military power or does this mean in every street there are soldiers? pls with a nice explanation will just make me fine. thanks

In this case, the governors will still carryout their executive functions; but as u said, the military will take full control of the security in those states. There will be searches, lock-downs, and arrests made by the soldiers.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by gerald09(m): 8:10pm On May 14, 2013
Lexo22: The state of emergency is long overdue..... But I thought once there is state of emergency the governors of the affected states will not perform there duties again... How come Mr. PRESIDENT said they will continue carrying out their functions? Someone should please educate me
Yeah dey wuld I guess GEJ is making it more civilised, the military administrator in charge will ans directly to d president without disturbing the state governor n vis versa. That way d military take ova the state with d governor still in charge a little.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Maxymilliano(m): 8:10pm On May 14, 2013
The president said the insurgents and terrorists in those areas prevented the government from fulfilling its duties.

“No matter what it takes, we will win this war against terrorism,” Mr. Jonathan assured Nigerians.

I can't agree with you less Presido.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 14, 2013
Nosyke: House, I am confused. When Obj did something similar in Ekiti and Plateau, their governors stepped down, the military took over. This is unlike what just happened. I read up the quoted section 305. Does it mean Obj, acted un constitutionally?

That could be the case. GEJ knows that Nigeria is a democracy, and the governors were (s)elected by the people; therefore he has no right to suspend any governor. GEJ can't even sack his Vice president, as the VP is an elected official.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by gunuvi(m): 8:11pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi:
Biko baba God let them make my brother the military administrator of one BH state,let my family hammer small too
Wait for your time, they already appointed my brother. You no know how long we sef don dey wait?
You fit try jump queue o as the queue too long.
Hehehehehehehe.

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by ceejay80s(m): 8:11pm On May 14, 2013
State of emergency kò
country of emergency nì
na 2day we don dey hear am
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Celestyn8213: 8:11pm On May 14, 2013
It is long overdue, time to take a drastic action
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by abujalapdog(m): 8:12pm On May 14, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: The only thing i can say is for Biafrans and youth corpers serving in the whole 19 northern states to be vigilant for possible riots. The opposition and the northern elders will/might view this act as a declaration of war.

my guy you are out of point ....do you understand what state of emergency means?
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Joeblis(m): 8:12pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi:

Most likely more people will be needed in the military to go there and keep peace
All you everlasting JAMB and WAEC takers asking us to pray for you year after year
Your prayers have been answered ( with AK 47 on top) grin
You can now go and join the army and head north
If you perish you perish
grin
this is so rudee..learn to respect peoples misfortune.
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by tbaba1234: 8:13pm On May 14, 2013
For the first time, Jonathan spoke very well, spoke tough and spoke like a president.

Hopefully, it helps us root out this terrorist organization and help the people of these states gain some kind of normalcy in their lives.

1 Like

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by kkkp: 8:14pm On May 14, 2013
Idiot..u beta do it well nw..cuz wen its tym for d North to rule..we r goin to level d whole south south includin south east..wasted semen
gramci:

He should also avoid carrying kettle
Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by OCHULORC(m): 8:14pm On May 14, 2013
lacasa: This president is as confused as a blind bat in a market square.

#... Spits at this clueless govt
I think you are d clueless one. I don't like when nigerians like you critise every good and bad thing this man does. #..... Spits at your silly thread.

3 Likes

Re: State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by Testy17: 8:16pm On May 14, 2013
President Jonathan has won my respect for the first time since he assumed office. I really welcome the pronouncement and I'm expecting more courageous step towards repairing our beloved country NIGERIA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo In Surprise Muritala International Airport Visit / Suicide Bombers Kill Many In A Mosque In Borno. Graphic Photos / Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.