Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,902 members, 7,841,381 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. (6037 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by tpia5: 11:51pm On May 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: How can someone who has never posted something meaningful in this section b a mod of this section? The joke started with ikenna whatever(car section) now sexkillz(romance section) see the irony? ...Seun is clearly telling us we are all idiots , Seun is implying that with all our great posters in this section, we can have a mod who understands basic politic and the rules of arguments..

you must be a newbie.

but dem craze no dey carry dem put christian mod for muslim section sha.

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ITbomb(m): 1:39am On May 20, 2013
Really I ve lost all passion for nl as I watch the veterans reducing their nl activities gradually and secondary school prefects running the hood.
The essence of moderating was prevent a full scale war [of course there must be battles ] while keeping the discussions and arguments interesting .
Of course in political arena , the discussions are often heated and that is the excitement , muscled that excitement and u kill the passion of the politic section.
Moderating would require someone grounded in the flow of political intercourse and not some human spambot who is on a watchout for certain words to hid and ban with no understanding of the flow of discussions/arguments.
Still hanging on while I find footing in the new alternative I discovered.

6 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by tpia5: 1:45am On May 20, 2013
^interesting signature!
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 1:56am On May 20, 2013
Seun should know better , sexkillz? Like really? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by cfours: 4:15am On May 26, 2013
ITbomb: Really I ve lost all passion for nl as I watch the veterans reducing their nl activities gradually and secondary school prefects running the hood.
The essence of moderating was prevent a full scale war [of course there must be battles ] while keeping the discussions and arguments interesting .
Of course in political arena , the discussions are often heated and that is the excitement , muscled that excitement and u kill the passion of the politic section.
Moderating would require someone grounded in the flow of political intercourse and not some human spambot who is on a watchout for certain words to hid and ban with no understanding of the flow of discussions/arguments.
Still hanging on while I find footing in the new alternative I discovered.

I agree. it's not as if this is a primary school playground. deleting posts left and right due to big egos unable to handle mere innocuous words.
this has gone beyond the realm of "eliminating bigotry" and is more as if mods are trying to eliminate any form of debate or opposing view points.

maybe nairaland should just scratch the politics section/forum format and make it into a news site instead. no comments allowed. LOL
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by topmakesauto: 1:24pm On May 30, 2013
Remember me!
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by birdman(m): 2:56am On Jun 04, 2013
its (almost) funny to me how someone will troll a thread with abuses unceasingly, and then when called out on it, get defensive. I think the mods are getting too heavy handed, but if I were in their shoes, what would I do different? Why cant we be proud of a true Nigerian forum for once and not try to sh** (abeg make una no ban me for one word o... lol) all over it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Is Back Without His Certificate / Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South / President Buhari Signs Pledge Card To End Open Defecation By 2025

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.