Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,038 members, 7,841,943 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. (6040 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Demdem(m): 3:56pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: It violated rule 2.

Someone then quoted the comment and insulted your father. I removed the insult to your father and banned the poster for insulting your father.

the problem wasnt my comment but the insult on his father which u rightly removed

There was argument over the insult on your father therby violating rule 1 as well.

still didnt explain what is wrong with my post.

All that could have been avoided if you did not deliberately try to provoke some people.

and how did i provoke the said people? my post goes somehow like this:

i wonder when the retardeen will fulfill the floating cities he promised us here in the ND

Cant recollect the other. where is the provoke? i can even claim that ur post or font is provoking me, will that make u ban ursef? please lets apply wisdom here. My post wasnt directed at anyone. I entered a thread, read the opening post and gave my comments and some nuts somewhere is saying i am provoking. that doesnt make sense at all

That is the last time I'll remove such a comment of yours without punishing you for it.

punish me for making my honest comment without directing it to any NL member? this is crazy.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 19, 2013
There is no justification to what you did, and I'll like for you to stop such comments. If it provoked someone enough to insult your father, you should be banned for it. Pls avoid it.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Demdem(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: There is no justification to what you did, and I'll like for you to stop such comments. If it provoked someone enough to insult your father, you should be banned for it. Pls avoid it.

what did i do? please be specific and go straight to the point. state it and lets all be clear and learn from it to avoid a repeat. tell me what is wrong with my comments? someone somewhere is bound not to like anything that comes from u or me and claim that they are being provoked. u dont even know if such is a mad poster. does that mean u will act without u being convinced that the post is weighty enough to provoke? I didnt insult any member, neither did i qoute anyone but gave in my honest comment and yet u hid it claiming someone is provoked for stating the truth.
I wish and expect u to be specific on what exactly is the problem or else no leasons will be learnt here.

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 19, 2013
Demdem:

what did i do? please be specific and go straight to the point. state it and lets all be clear and learn from it to avoid a repeat. tell me what is wrong with my comments? someone somewhere is bound not to like anything that comes from u or me and claim that they are being provoked. u dont even know if such is a mad poster. does that mean u will act without u being convinced that the post is weighty enough to provoke? I didnt insult any member, neither did i qoute anyone but gave in my honest comment and yet u hid it claiming someone is provoked for stating the truth.
I wish and expect u to be specific on what exactly is the problem or else no leasons will be learnt here.
You can write an epistle from here to Jericho. I just told you what would have prevented a ban and about 5 posts being hidden. It's not fun hiding posts when it can be avoided all together. We are trying to eliminate an ingrained problem on this section. Pls do not fan the flames further.

4 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Demdem(m): 4:24pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: You can write an epistle from here to Jericho.

and u can continue to ignore an honest question, it remains ur style.

I just told you what would have prevented a ban and about 5 posts being hidden.

u said nothing? Again i ask, what was inside my post which u hid that is provocative? why is that difficult for u to answer?

It's not fun hiding posts when it can be avoided all together.
We are trying to eliminate an ingrained problem on this section. Pls do not fan the flames further.

tell me exactly what the problem is. tell me what i said that one mserable fellow had to curse his father. Tell me how to avoid a future occurrence.

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoileee: 4:36pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: Amen. . .

Why are you saying Amen to what you obviously didn't comprehend?

The word Ignore mean anything to you or we have to debate that before you get it?
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 19, 2013
eko ileee:

Why are you saying Amen to what you obviously didn't comprehend?

The word Ignore mean anything to you or we have to debate that before you get it?
No it doesn't. You don't tell me to ignore you.

2 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Demdem(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2013
still no answer grin grin
this place is fast becoming a joke. grin grin
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 19, 2013
Demdem: still no answer grin grin
this place is fast becoming a joke. grin grin
1. Why do you keep calling the sitting president of Nigeria "Jonathan" even though you know it provokes a lot of people and starts e-wars on this section?

2. Can you call him Jonathan in his presence, or are you mis-using the anonymous nature of Nairaland?

7 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoilee: 5:59pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: No it doesn't. You don't tell me to ignore you.

But I just did and I even repeated it. Obviously, lack of ability to read and comprehend is one of your many issues.

Your job as spelled to you and as you've stated here is to enforce rules and since none of that is going on, stay in your lane. Maybe one day or very soon you'll get the opportunity to ban me as I'm sure you can not wait to do, you just have to curb your excitement and wait till that opportunity arises.

Just cool down and manage to ignore me for now and that's If you are capable of controlling your emotions ...

That's the problem with you glorified school prefects, you can not confine yourself to your duties as assigned or maybe you just don't know your duties or they didn't spell out your job discription for you.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 19, 2013
Lol.
Chai
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 19, 2013
eko ilee:

But I just did and I even repeated it. Obviously, lack of ability to read and comprehend is one of your many issues.

Your job as spelled to you and as you've stated here is to enforce rules and since none of that is going on, stay in your lane. Maybe one day or very soon you'll get the opportunity to ban me as I'm sure you can not wait to do, you just have to curb your excitement and wait till that opportunity arises.

Just cool down and manage to ignore me for now and that's If you are capable of controlling your emotions ...

That's the problem with you glorified school prefects, you can not confine yourself to your duties as assigned or maybe you just don't know your duties or they didn't spell out your job discription for you.
If you like, write epistles from here to Jericho, in the end, you'll still abide by rule 2. . . Win win situation for me, so I really don't care what you think or say.

Just abide. Simple!

You keep telling me I cannot read and comprehend but you cannot even spell "description". . . Na wa.

3 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2013
eko ilee:

fetching water inside a basket is easier than making this man understand what you are talking about.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Crayola1: 6:47pm On May 19, 2013
Jesus see all these epics being typed up all for the right to be jacka.s.ses grin

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoileee: 7:06pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: If you like, write epistles from here to Jericho, in the end, you'll still abide by rule 2. . . Win win situation for me, so I really don't care what you think or say.

Just abide. Simple!

You keep telling me I cannot read and comprehend but you cannot even spell "description". . . Na wa.

Must you needlessly get ahead of yourself or this is just a sad case of cluelessness?

Is it by force or must you follow me around even without breaking your prized zombie rule?

I've stated times uncountable that your lane is your rules which I'm not in as we speak which means I know about your silly rules so is it not silly, pointless and redundant to keep repeating and regurgitating what's not in contention like a little kid excited over his new toy? Must I see your face without breaking your rules. Like I said, you are too excited and anxious to to ban even before your silly rules are violated?

Your silly rule number 2 is up there, I saw it, I'v read it and I've not only discussed it with you, I've acknowledged it and said to you to go your way till I'm in your lane. So, what part of this do you still don't understand, don't know how to read and comprehend?

The fact that you are slow or know how to act slow dosn't mean other people are.

And if you like men, I don't so ignore me and stop quoting me with your pintless rubbish as requested.

Go and do your job and quit stalking and harassing with your unwelcomed attention ..

How ridiculous can you get?
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by nduchucks: 7:10pm On May 19, 2013
This kind of catfight is not befitting of Mods. Mods need to earn the trust and respect of folks to be respected in return.

I'm getting tired of these cat fights, you people are not kids I'm sure.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 19, 2013
Lol.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Demdem(m): 7:11pm On May 19, 2013
1. Why do you keep calling the sitting president of Nigeria "Jonathan" even though you know it provokes a lot of people and starts e-wars on this section?

Because governance wise he is daft. It provokes people that call other leaders names right on this forum. He isn't the first and won't be the last if we continue to have useless leaders like him. It only provoke his kind and that isn't out of place.

2. Can you call him Jonathan in his presence, or are you mis-using the anonymous nature of Nairaland?

And why can't I tell my president that most of his decisions are daft? What do u take me for?
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 19, 2013
ndu_chucks: This kind of catfight is not befitting of Mods. Mods need to earn the trust and respect of folks to be respected in return.

I'm getting tired of these cat fights, you people are not kids I'm sure.
Respect is reciprocal. Although I don't need anyone's respect. The less people respect me, the more effective I am.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 19, 2013
Thank you all for the comments so far.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by nduchucks: 7:20pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: The less people respect me, the more effective I am.

Most people will disagree with the opinion above. If your objective is to significantly reduce insults and bigotry, if you command respect, people will find it easier to comply with your admonitions, else what you'll have is unending catfights. Anyway good luck to you. Be wise, sir.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 19, 2013
I weep for this beautiful section, what a shame, we now have a romance addict as a mod, the dictator has now pitched his tent.... Seun b wise

3 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 19, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Most people will disagree with the opinion above. If your objective is to significantly reduce insults and bigotry, if you command respect, people will find it easier to comply with your admonitions, else what you'll have is unending catfights. Anyway good luck to you. Be wise, sir.
Well, it has always worked for me. I'm more focused when I think less about what people think or say about me.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 19, 2013
How can someone who has never posted something meaningful in this section b a mod of this section? The joke started with ikenna whatever(car section) now sexkillz(romance section) see the irony? ...Seun is clearly telling us we are all idiots , Seun is implying that with all our great posters in this section, we can have a mod who understands basic politic and the rules of arguments..
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by FindOut(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2013
ndu_chucks:

if only mod Sexkillz will listen.
@Sexkillz, please yourself and I echo ndu chucks in wishing you Goodluck.
sexkillz: Respect is reciprocal. Although I don't need anyone's respect. The less people respect me, the more effective I am.

Really? Not surprised you think this way. Remember though that the world does not end in nairaland dot com. No one says you shouldn't do your job, we only ask that you add an extra dose of MATURITY (yes i said it) while doing it.

3 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: How can someone who has never posted something meaningful in this section b a mod of this section? The joke started with ikenna whatever(car section) now sexkillz(romance section) see the irony? ...Seun is clearly telling us we are all idiots , Seun is implying that with all our great posters in this section, we can have a mod who understands basic politic and the rules of arguments..

a veteran like ekt-bear got all is post hidden and his two monikers banned for saying almost the same thing you saying. the new kid is still excited with his toy(ban button). I don't know what is hard for the admin to tell us to vote who we want to be our mode. than foisting a person that knowns next to nothing about politics on us. do the admin think this place is made up of teens with high level of intimacy.ual hormones wanting to bring their s3xual fantasies and escapades to public notice.

3 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Crayola1: 7:58pm On May 19, 2013
Maybe a trigger finger on the ban button is what this place needs grin
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Inik(m): 9:20pm On May 19, 2013
It is a great disservice to the knowledgeable and veteran posters here in this section that someone had to be brought in from the romance section to moderate the politics section.
I wish sexkills well tho. However moderating this section requires a lot more than banning posters & hiding posts. A good knowledge of politics is required from whoever is moderating here.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 19, 2013
lalaosky:

It's hard to admit this, but you're right
why is it so hard for you to admit? Why are most Nigerians so proud?
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: How can someone who has never posted something meaningful in this section b a mod of this section? The joke started with ikenna whatever(car section) now sexkillz(romance section) see the irony? ...Seun is clearly telling us we are all idiots , Seun is implying that with all our great posters in this section, we can have a mod who understands basic politic and the rules of arguments..
Too bad! Politics section has indeed gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 19, 2013
babe_online:
why is it so hard for you to admit? Why are most Nigerians so proud?

I was high on alomo when I said it
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by tpia5: 11:50pm On May 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: we now have a romance addict as a mod, Seun b wise

sarcastic irony i'm sure.

anyway, its seun's site, let him do whatever he likes, im go tey for here, just like im don tey for the site already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS:PDP Accepts Rochas Back / “buhari Will Die In Office, Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos Guber Election” – Prophet / Atiku Disgraced And Humiliated During His Town Hall Meeting In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.