Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,953 members, 7,838,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. (6036 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 18, 2013
eko ileee:

Makes no sense really. With your absurd and unfortunate utterances and you repeatedly asserting the need to reach beyond your scope of duty and also to keep promoting and encouraging ignorance, it wasn't mistake, sounds more like your world and state of mind.

You're welcome.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: Seun definitely knows what he is doing. wink

By making you a Mod here you mean? undecided
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 18, 2013
OMO IBO: LMAO

This thread is going to expose a lot people. LOL.

Alright bigots. Let's hear you.
Rotflmao

As if I knew. . .LOl
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: I'm here to enforce "Nairaland" rules. You don't like that?

Enforce a rule you lacked knowledge about ? Even Afam sounds more intelligent than you if this is what you actually come here to offer.See buddy,this is not Romance section where you rule like a king,it doesn't work that way especially when you don't even have any knowledge about politics.

I can make genuine claims about ibos or the biafran war or how ojuku ran away in the heat of the war,all these are facts but because someone like you with zero knowledge about historical and comtemporary issues about Nigeria may likely see it as a tribal slur,hide the post and ban me.Like I said,politics section need highly intelligent mods like those in the class of kosovo and jarus even Afam contributes to thread meaningfully sometimes.we don't want people who won't contribute anything meaningful other than hide posts they lack knowledge about.

How can I be knowledgeable than someone that ought to control me ? Thats totally uncool !

16 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Maxymilliano(m): 12:02am On May 19, 2013
OMO IBO:
Rotflmao

As if I knew. . .LOl

Seem you have a gift of clairvoyance ...
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 5:10am On May 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Enforce a rule you lacked knowledge about ? Even Afam sounds more intelligent than you if this is what you actually come here to offer.See buddy,this is not Romance section where you rule like a king,it doesn't work that way especially when you don't even have any knowledge about politics.

I can make genuine claims about ibos or the biafran war or how ojuku ran away in the heat of the war,all these are facts but because someone like you with zero knowledge about historical and comtemporary issues about Nigeria may likely see it as a tribal slur,hide the post and ban me.Like I said,politics section need highly intelligent mods like those in the class of kosovo and jarus even Afam contributes to thread meaningfully sometimes.we don't want people who won't contribute anything meaningful other than hide posts they lack knowledge about.

How can I be knowledgeable than someone that ought to control me ? Thats totally uncool !

^ This post settles it. Sexkill does't belong here. And Seun is making a very big mistake by outsourcing a mod from another section. It's even almost an insult to people in this section.
Why can't we insult a thief ( a corrupt public office holder) who deliberately reduce himself to a level of insult by insulting and shiiting on the very people who he represent or placed him in that position. How are we supposed to be lenient on such people. You will kill this section if you expect or try to force people to use nice words on a person or people that molest them everyday. We are even asking that whenever we drop slaps on this place, the MODs should even help us and deliver the slap to the target (e.g t.a orji).

Again people have different perception about things or people. If we all have the same perception about everything, there would not be any need to debate or argue about anything. For instance, I'm Igbo and believe that Ojikwu is a hero. But, other people believe otherwise. They have their point of why they take him as a coward. It is an insult to me if they call him a coward, and it is also an insult to them if I call him a hero. For instance, somebody can argue that 'Ojikwu is a coward because, he ran away, therefore he is a coward'. He should be allowed to hold his opinion and the freedom to use that word 'coward' even though I might not like it. The same way I should be free to call Awo a murderer. Because I can give you a valid point of why he was.
I also support GEJ but, other camp should be allowed to call him whatever - mr clueless, retardend,etc. It is left for GEJ to make these people look foolish by proving to them that he is not. In politics people, especially the opposition try to use such slur to intimidate, denigrate and yes ''deliberately provoke' those in position. What should rather not be allowed is personal attack my forumites.

9 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:33am On May 19, 2013
People here are emotional, bigotry cannot be banned away. I think this is an avenue for people vent. I wish you the best.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 5:39am On May 19, 2013
kenis:

^ This post settles it. Sexkill does't belong here. And Seun is making a very big mistake by outsourcing a mod from another section. It's even almost an insult to people in this section.
Why can't we insult a thief ( a corrupt public office holder) who deliberately reduce himself to a level of insult by insulting and shiiting on the very people who he represent or placed him in that position. How are we supposed to be lenient on such people. You will kill this section if you expect or try to force people to use nice words on a person or people that molest them everyday. We are even asking that whenever we drop slaps on this place, the MODs should even help us and deliver the slap to the target (e.g t.a orji).

Again people have different perception about things or people. If we all have the same perception about everything, there would not be any need to debate or argue about anything. For instance, I'm Igbo and believe that Ojikwu is a hero. But, other people believe otherwise. They have their point of why they take him as a coward. It is an insult to me if they call him a coward, and it is also an insult to them if I call him a hero. For instance, somebody can argue that 'Ojikwu is a coward because, he ran away, therefore he is a coward'. He should be allowed to hold his opinion and the freedom to use that word 'coward' even though I might not like it. The same way I should be free to call Awo a murderer. Because I can give you a valid point of why he was.
I also support GEJ but, other camp should be allowed to call him whatever - mr clueless, retardend,etc. It is left for GEJ to make these people look foolish by proving to them that he is not. In politics people, especially the opposition try to use such slur to intimidate, denigrate and yes ''deliberately provoke' those in position. What should rather not be allowed is personal attack my forumites.

unfortunately this is too deep for our new man to comprehend. it is like preaching the Modenine e'plurubus unum ablum to a die hard fan of the commercial jargons called Nigerian music. fetching water in a basket is a more easier task than schooling the new man on the rudiments of politics.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:05am On May 19, 2013
Hopefully, when you all are done debating about whether sexkillz should be here or not, you'll now discuss the issue at hand, which is, addressing the insults you sling on other tribes of fellow forumites and on your fellow forumites while making your points.

No matter who you are or where you come from, you are not greater than the rules of nairaland and you must obey them.

Goodmorning everyone. Have a nice Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:59am On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: Hopefully, when you all are done debating about whether sexkillz should be here or not, you'll now discuss the issue at hand, which is, addressing the insults you sling on other tribes of fellow forumites and on your fellow forumites while making your points.

No matter who you are or where you come from, you are not greater than the rules of nairaland and you must obey them.

This guy is still not getting it...there is no universal definition of good or bad. Trying hard to muscle people's freedom on an anonymous forum like this is what will do greater harm to the forum rather than what you are trying to fight.

Your primary purpose here is to help Seun...and if you cannot, fine...but don't hurt his pocket.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 8:05am On May 19, 2013
ilugunboy:

This guy is still not getting it...there is no universal definition of good or bad. Trying hard to muscle people's freedom on an anonymous forum like this is what will do greater harm to the forum rather than what you are trying to fight.
People are free to express themselves but not free to insult. For example, BAMALISA or whatever that username is voiced his opinion yesterday on what is going on in the north presently(which was "freedom of speech" ) but we had over 30 people quoting his comment and insulting him. Was that freedom of speech as well?

You don't insult people and call it freedom of speech. If that has been your perception, you'll do well to change it!

And like I told you earlier, seun knows what he is doing. Don't bother about him, just abide by his rules.

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 8:34am On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: People are free to express themselves but not free to insult. For example, BAMALISA or whatever that username is voiced his opinion yesterday on what is going on in the north presently(which was "freedom of speech" ) but we had over 30 people quoting his comment and insulting him. Was that freedom of speech as well?

You don't insult people and call it freedom of speech. If that has been your perception, you'll do well to change it!

And like I told you earlier, seun knows what he is doing. Don't bother about him, just abide by his rules.

like I told y'all earlier trying to school this new dude in politics is an error in futility. everyone here knows am a fan of conspiracy theorists and the progressives which in the Nigerian political landscape is championed by acn and other opposition parties. I read bamisala epistle,tho I agreed with some and disagree with others. but presently the acn goofed on their stance on gej soe cause every Nigerian is yearning for a solution to the boko senseless bloodbath. why do you think the pro gej guys are having a field day and the presidency getting a thumbs up from all corners. bamilsa epistle is not needed now that people emotions are running on a high. he gat the same insult vast majority of nigerians are heaping on lai mohammed and the acn for the soe goof.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 8:37am On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: People are free to express themselves but not free to insult. For example, BAMALISA or whatever that username is voiced his opinion yesterday on what is going on in the north presently(which was "freedom of speech" ) but we had over 30 people quoting his comment and insulting him. Was that freedom of speech as well?

In as much as I detest people taking the liberty to insult people that don't share the same opinion with them....and they would be justifiably punished for such childish behavior, the manner and mode of going about tackling such menace must be cautious ...you don't throw decorum to the winds just so that people can know who is in charge.

Your modus-operandi will go a long way in how you are accepted here. BTW..let it be on record that I have no personal reservation with your moderator ship here. All we want is the best for this section.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 8:46am On May 19, 2013
eggheaders:

like I told y'all earlier trying to school this new dude in politics is an error in futility. everyone here knows am a fan of conspiracy theorists and the progressives which in the Nigerian political landscape is championed by acn and other opposition parties. I read bamisala epistle,tho I agreed with some and disagree with others. but presently the acn goofed on their stance on gej soe cause every Nigerian is yearning for a solution to the boko senseless bloodbath. why do you think the pro gej guys are having a field and the presidency getting a thumbs up from all corners. bamilsa epistle is not needed now that people emotions are running on a high. he gat the same insult vast majority of nigerians are heaping on lai mohammed and the acn for the soe goof.
No matter what you do on Nairaland, always always always abide by rule 2!
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 8:52am On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: No matter what you do on Nairaland, always always always abide by rule 2!

did i look to you like am scared of your new toy (ban). veteran like ekt- bear has said it all, you can hide it all you like.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 9:43am On May 19, 2013
Ok.
Let me get this.

So, the intelligent, sorry, the intellectuals in the politics section are having a hard time abiding by simple rules.

Surely, criticising but not insulting a tribe or a person isn't that hard. In otherwords, you can disagree with a comment and voice your opinion about a tribe and/or person but you SHOULD NOT attack the person or his/her tribe.

Seemples! **insert picture of meerkat**
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 11:33am On May 19, 2013
kenis:

It's hard to admit this, but you're right

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 11:36am On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: Hopefully, when you all are done debating about whether sexkillz should be here or not, you'll now discuss the issue at hand, which is, addressing the insults you sling on other tribes of fellow forumites and on your fellow forumites while making your points.

Mi o raye sh*it mehn.

Lol
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Demdem(m): 1:34pm On May 19, 2013

Did u hide my posts on other threads? if so kindly tell me why? thanks.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoileee: 2:56pm On May 19, 2013
Dude is still getting lectured from where I stopped.

Unfortunately for him, he was given a failed and counterproductive assingment and he himself can not see or reason beyond the flawed and bogus rule he's cluelessly and painfully attached.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 19, 2013
eko ileee: Dude is still getting lectured from where I stopped.

Unfortunately for him, he was given a failed and counterproductive assingment and he himself can not see or reason beyond the flawed and bogus rule he's cluelessly and painfully attached.

When you are done lecturing, you'll realize that you are not bigger than the rules created, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 19, 2013
Demdem:

Did u hide my posts on other threads? if so kindly tell me why? thanks.
It violated rule 2.

Someone then quoted the comment and insulted your father. I removed the insult to your father and banned the poster for insulting your father.

There was argument over the insult on your father therby violating rule 1 as well.

All that could have been avoided if you did not deliberately try to provoke some people.

That is the last time I'll remove such a comment of yours without punishing you for it.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoileee: 3:43pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: When you are done lecturing, you'll realize that you are not bigger than the rules created, unfortunately.

Dude, I though I told you yesterday to stay in your flawed and thoughless RULE lane?

I was done with you yesterday and there's no point going back and forth with you, you are obviously limited and painfully tied to your bogus and meaningless zombie rules.

I offered what I thought was reasonable and sensible advise because I thought you were honest and genuine and not mentally and emotionally tied to your silly rules which was a mistake on my part like I said yesterday.

Not that I really blame you for accepting a failed and crappy assignment, I just thought maybe you possess better sense and grasp than the assingment giver/s, but unortunately, you didn't impress for a second.

I'm not against you in anyway, but the only time I expect to see you is when I'm in the same lane with your crappy rules and till then, please ignore me and stop patronizing me.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 19, 2013
eko ileee:

I'm not against you in anyway, but the only time I expect to see you is when I'm in the same lane with your crappy rules and till then, please ignore me and stop patronizing me.

Amen. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Abused A Bible Verse And Insulted Muslims’ – Buhari Reacts To Ekiti Gov’s / “it Is Time To Reveal Boko Haram Sponsors” – Abubakar Shekau / The Reason Why Other Tribes Don't Want Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.