Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,944 members, 7,838,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. (6035 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: That's my point. Staying in my lanes means that I have to enforce those rules. Enforcing those rules means severely punishing anyone found contravening them. Contravening them might come from someone "deliberately provoking a nairaland member" (rule 2).
If a nairalander is deliberately provoked, I'll act!

I am trying to reconcile everyone to avoid "I wasn't aware" comments that may ensue when I decide to stay in my lane fully. Some things are better avoided.

Not everybody here will agree to my opinions here...some may even view such strongly in a bitter way ...do you then say am provoking such person deliberately ?
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 18, 2013
eggheaders: new man, why did you hide my post on the nairaland becoming pro gej thread.
It was laced with insults. Remove the insults and re-post the comment.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoileee: 5:59pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: That's my point. Staying in my lanes means that I have to enforce those rules. Enforcing those rules means severely punishing anyone found contravening them. Contravening them might come from someone "deliberately provoking a nairaland member" (rule 2).

I am trying to reconcile everyone to avoid "I wasn't aware" comments that may ensue when I decide to stay in my lane fully. Some things are better avoided.

You are missing the point.

Advocating for members not to use unbanned words and condoning ignorance regarding unbanned words like Aboki is not staying in your own lane. It's needlessly inserting yourself where you don't belong.

Unbanned words and usage should be off limits to you and shouldn't be any of your concern regardless how many complaints or who's complaining.

Part of your job is to educate members and strictly interprete the rules as it is, not mixing up the rules and creating confusion. You create more problems for yourself and your members needlessly.

What I meant by the word Aboki shouldn't be any of your business since the word is allowed and you can not read and interprete my mind for me based om my usage of legally accepted words on NL.

Your lane is to deal with what is against the rules and not the other way around. You can not keep creating problems while at the same time trying to solve problems..

2 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Not everybody here will agree to my opinions here...some may even view such strongly in a bitter way ...do you then say am provoking such person deliberately ?
You provoke people by insulting them. Insulting them could be by calling them names they consider offensive.

You are entitled to your opinions as long as it is insult free.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 6:00pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: It was laced with insults. Remove the insults and re-post the comment.

unhide it so I can modify it.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 18, 2013
eko ileee:

You are missing the point.

Advocating for members not to use unbanned words and condoning ignorance regarding unbanned words like Aboki is not staying in your own lane since.

Unbanned words and usage should be off limits to you and shouldn't be any of your concern regardless how many complaints or who's complaining.

Part of your job is to educate strictly interprete the rules as it is, not mixing up the rules and creating confusion. You create more problems for yourself and your members needlessly.

What I meant by the word Aboki shouldn't be any of your business since the word is allowed and you can not read and interprete my mind for me based om my usage of legally accepted words on NL.

Your lane is to deal with what is against the rules and not the other way around. You can not keep creating problems while at the same time trying to solve problems..
If you deliberately provoke a nairaland member by calling him aboki when he isn't your friend, you will be banned!

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 18, 2013
eggheaders:

unhide it so I can modify it.
Someone may quote it and reply you before you are done and that may spark off something. It's easier if you compose the comment again.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: Someone may quote it and reply you before you are done and that may spark off something. It's easier if you compose the comment again.

no one is viewing the thread presently.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Bobandgreat: 6:05pm On May 18, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
eggheaders:

well said ogagun, those who spoilt all the various attempt of kiss and make up. we know the tribe where they are from and how they have frustrated every peace move. irrespective of what anybody does this guys have been programmed to hate the yorubas and it is has a result of generational lies pass down for ages.

The tribe u have in mind do not hate anybody least of all Yorubas. The tribe is not capable of hate, when they hate, they fight. When they talk and complain, its because they have issues they want ironed out. Issues now are connected with a genuine appology and show of remorse from a tribe that they perceive to have contributed to the genocidal killings of their people spearheaded by one man who is ur kinsman and u hold in high esteem. The tribe u have in mind cannot just kiss and make up without an assurance that thesame treatment will not be meted out on their future generation and appology from you people, will go a long way in assuring them.

There is no war btw Yorubas and any tribe, therefore, no need to talk about peace. But, you can say that their is serious doubt of the ability of the Yorubas to be loyal, steadfast, dedicated and supportive of an agreement btw them and other tribes. That does not mean they are hated. Infact, its the Yorubas that hate these tribes.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Bobandgreat: 6:07pm On May 18, 2013
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoileee: 6:09pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: If you deliberately provoke a nairaland member by calling him aboki when he isn't your friend, you will be banned!

Where is the sense and wisdome here because this sounds very absurd coming from a mod. Is this not extrajudicial?

So, NL members are all enemies because you conducted a poll or terrestrially read everybody's mind to figure out if they meant insult or not?

Is this still a serious conversation cos it's getting very absurd..
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 6:23pm On May 18, 2013
Bobandgreat: .

you can lie all you like, we know the tribe that always clamour that every other ethnic nationality in the country hate them because of their success in business and trading. wake up war is not meant to be fair and you don't go to war with emotion rather you go to war using commonsense and strategies. funny enough you want your enemy to feed you, and also fund your unnecessary aggression towards the whole nation are you kidding me bro. y'all deserve no apology hope you guys experience will serve as a deterrence to any other group threatening the cooperate existence of the nation.

1 Like

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Obiagu1(m): 6:28pm On May 18, 2013
@ Mod,

What is politics? You should understand the meaning before you hide all the posts in Politics Section!
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 18, 2013
eko ileee:

Where is the sense and wisdome here because this sounds very absurd coming from a mod. Is this not extrajudicial?

So, NL members are all enemies because you conducted a poll or terrestrially read everybody's mind to figure out if they meant insult or not?

Is this still a serious conversation cos it's getting very absurd..
I think reading Rule 2 will help.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 18, 2013
Obiagu1: @ Mod,

What is politics? You should understand the meaning before you hide all the posts in Politics Section!
Can politics be devoid of insults to a tribe or person?
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Obiagu1(m): 6:35pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: Can politics be devoid of insults to a tribe or person?

Is there any insult in this post?
"A new front is now emerging, SE/SS/MB is the new South"

I've had more of my post hidden since you started than I've ever had since I've been on NL.
There is borderline politics and once it insults no one, it is politics for goodness sake.
You don't expect us to be singing Kim Jong-un praises here.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by malc619(m): 6:37pm On May 18, 2013
@Sexkid: Why did you hide my post?

cool
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 6:41pm On May 18, 2013
and why hide 80% of my post in just 48 hours. leaving very very on my mind.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: Can politics be devoid of insults to a tribe or person?

This guy should just relax as if you've anything to offer rather than the ban seun employed you to sanction.If politics is devoid of insults, then Okupe and Abati won't be smiling to the bank every now and then to cash their check for their lying jobs in the presidency.So also a purported book of lies by achebe won't have irked the yorubas against his personality and his ibo tribe.

I don't see any reason why someone like you who lacks the knowledge of both historical and comtemporary issues about Nigeria should even moderate this board.It's like asking a farmer to teach students in a classroom.

6 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 18, 2013
Well...I wish you good luck...

However I will advise you to do what the majority of members want and not to expect them to do what YOU want...after all said and done...it's the members that generate money into Seun's pocket and not you. So while members are indispensable ....he can easily dispense with you here...if your presence is inimical to his pocket.

Seun is just using you guys....he is not 100% convinced on this war on tribalism/bigotry himself....so why are you taking his bullets?

2 Likes

Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

This guy should just relax as if you've anything to offer rather than the ban seun employed you to sanction.If politics is devoid of insults, then Okupe and Abati won't be smiling to the bank every now and then to cash their check for their lying jobs in the presidency.So also a purported book of lies by achebe won't have irked the yorubas against his personality and his ibo tribe.

I don't see any reason why someone like you who lacks the knowledge of both historical and comtemporary issues about Nigeria should even moderate this board.It's like asking a farmer to teach students in a classroom.
I'm here to enforce "Nairaland" rules. You don't like that?
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by eggheaders(m): 6:48pm On May 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

very very on point my brother. the admin really goofed on this.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoilee: 6:52pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: I think reading Rule 2 will help.

You mean the vague and thoughtless rule that allows you to stick your nose where it doesn't belong?

Sorry, I'll pass. Taking you seriously obviously was a mistake on my part.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 18, 2013
Obiagu1:

Is there any insult in this post?
"A new front is now emerging, SE/SS/MB is the new South"

I've had more of my post hidden than I've ever had since I've been on NL since you started.
There is borderline politics and once it insults no one, it is politics for goodness sake.
You don't expect us to be singing Kim Jong-un praises here.
I've only hidden one of your posts in 24 hours I started. And the post I hid contained a qouted comment insulting a tribe. I've edited the insult and restored the post so I don't know what you are talking about your posts being hidden.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 18, 2013
eko ilee:

You mean the vague and thoughtless rule that allows you to stick your nose where it doesn't belong?

Sorry, I'll pass. Taking you seriously obviously was a mistake on my part.
Nah, the mistake is mine. But I'll survive.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 18, 2013
ilugunboy: Well...I wish you good luck...

However I will advise you to do what the majority of members want and not to expect them to do what YOU want...after all said and done...it's the members that generate money into Seun's pocket and not you. So while members are indispensable ....he can easily dispense with you here...if your presence is inimical to his pocket.

Seun is just using you guys....he is not 100% convinced on this war on tribalism/bigotry himself....so why are you taking his bullets?
Seun made the rules and want them enforced. Do you have a problem with his rules being enforced?
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Obiagu1(m): 6:59pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: I've only hidden one of your posts in 24 hours I started. And the post I hid contained a qouted comment insulting a tribe. I've edited the insult and restored the post so I don't know what you are talking about your posts being hidden.

Thank you. If I err, I'll know before it is even hidden and I don't whine about it.
Politics stirs emotion but I'll not insult, if I do, hide it.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: Seun made the rules and want them enforced. Do you have a problem with his rules being enforced?

Which rules? So you think you can enforce such better than Afam and OAM4J? grin grin

My guy ....take it easy, Seun knows what he is doing. He is an unrepentant disciple of Machiavelli...you lose...as usual he wins.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Which rules? So you think you can enforce such better than Afam and OAM4J? grin grin

My guy ....take it easy, Seun knows what he is doing. He is an unrepentant disciple of Machiavelli...you lose...as usual he wins.
Seun definitely knows what he is doing. wink
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 18, 2013
Obiagu1:

Thank you. If I err, I'll know before it is even hidden and I don't whine about it.
Politics stirs emotion but I'll not insult, if I do, hide it.
Sure.
Re: Eliminating Bigotry From The Politics Section. by ekoileee: 7:23pm On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: Nah, the mistake is mine. But I'll survive.

Makes no sense really. With your absurd and unfortunate utterances and you repeatedly asserting the need to reach beyond your scope of duty and also to keep promoting and encouraging ignorance, it wasn't mistake, sounds more like your world and state of mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister / The Armed Private Security Body Guards Of Nnamdi Kanu Biafra IPOB Leader-pics / Are We Going Back To The Days Of Slavery? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.