Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

The Prophets Of Hell - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prophets Of Hell (7275 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by truthislight: 11:50am On Jun 08, 2013
alexleo:

A satanic teacher calling somebody hypochrite. Because am against your stu.pid teaching. You want me to support you. I can never support satan and his cohorts. I ll always kick against you agents of devil. Have u forgotten your life jacket that saves you from shame or are you tired of that one?

Why not use the word of God ^ ?

Cant you ?

If you cant, what makes you think you are right ?

"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:15-16).

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by truthislight: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2013
alexleo:

Keep quiet. You called me a boy because you thought am a boy. And you know that's where my reply to you headed but now you have carried your evil spirit of falsehood to give false reply to what I told u. Its a pity how you people operate. As long as you people are in a mad display of false teachings here I will not stop kicking you. Teach the truth and stop deceiving souls into eternal damnation with your idiotic and satanic teaching. This issue of heaven and hell is one issue I won't take kindly with you people. Other thread you people open here do you see me come there to kick you this way? You can't be toying with people's eternal destiny and I keep quiet. Get thee behind me satan.

But "hell" is not a Jewish/Hebrew word, how do you come to know and use that word ?

"you worship what you do not know, we know what we worship: for salvation originate with the Jews. " (John 4:22).
That word hell and its idea is from pegan latin and not Jewish.

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2013
truthislight:

But "hell" is not a Jewish/Hebrew word, how do you come to know and use that word ?

"you worship what you do not know, we know what we worship: for salvation originate with the Jews. " (John 4:22).
That word hell and its idea is from pegan latin and not Jewish.

Hell is a pagan word to you even when it is in the bible? Everything you don't like is pagan to you people, why?
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by truthislight: 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2013
alexleo:

Hell is a pagan word to you even when it is in the bible? Everything you don't like is pagan to you people, why?

Hell is a latin word and the ideology is theirs.

It got into the bible when the bible was translated into latin.

The word that was used in the NT by Jesus for fire is Gehenna (to the pherisees).

And Gehenna was a refuse dump sustained by fire outside the walls of Jerusalem.

Peace
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, the bible did not give us this mandate. If you preach the truth and people reject, dust your feet and leave. Exchanging insults is not the way to change people or to bring them in to the light of the gospel, the scripture says 'on the day of God's power, His people shall be willing'.

Thanks my brother, every other lies that they preach here doesn't bother me as much as this very one because this has to do with eternal destiny. I read their threads on other issues and make one or two comments if I have to, and go my way. They are just a cult of false teachers and I don't know how to pretend in the face of lies upon lies.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by chukkynwob(m): 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
alexleo:

Stop sounding stu.pid. Who is your boy? Because am against your stu.pid teachings? How foolish your thoughts have guided you about me. And when we meet, face to face you may be one chaff that ll not be allowed into my office.

In my opinion the only difference between you and Bokoharam is that you don't have bombs yet.

Even Jesus said allow the corn and grass to grow,let Christ do the sifting.

3 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by PastorKun(m): 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
alexleo:

Stop sounding stu.pid. Who is your boy? Because am against your stu.pid teachings? How foolish your thoughts have guided you about me. And when we meet, face to face you may be one chaff that ll not be allowed into my office.

I had decided to ignore this post before because personally I don't indulge in bragging or creating impressions about my status on NL or anywhere else for that matter but I find it amusing how a rodent like alexleo can be making such claims about me who he knows nothing about. That said, I wish to state that even if I am a house boy, we are all equal before God and no true christian shd feel superior to another based on social status or anything else for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I had decided to ignore this post before because personally I don't indulge in bragging or creating impressions about my status on NL or anywhere else for that matter but I find it amusing how a rodent like alexleo can be making such claims about me who he knows nothing about. That said, I wish to state that even if I am a house boy, we are all equal before God and no true christian shd feel superior to another based on social status or anything else for that matter.
grin grin grin For you Not to have ignored this post shows it's hurting you really bad. You are also not innocent in this regard. Your post all over nairaland to me and others who disagree with your views is awash with insults and name calling.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 9:48am On Jun 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And you called me a boy when you ve not also seen or known me. Who is claiming suprerior to you before God? Not me. Is it not you people that feel you know bible more than others? Stop being silly. Go and take care of your confusion. Hopeless teacher.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 9:58am On Jun 09, 2013
Bidam: grin grin grin For you Not to have ignored this post shows it's hurting you really bad. You are also not innocent in this regard. Your post all over nairaland to me and others who disagree with your views is awash with insults and name calling.

He is a hypochrite. Pointing one accusing finger at me forgetting that the remaining four fingers of his are also pointing at him. Even his coleague, @Drummaboy said the same thing about him, me and some others here. And of course am not denying mine but this hypochrites will want to deny theirs. This is what I hate about this false teachers.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by PastorKun(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2013
alexleo:

And you called me a boy when you ve not also seen or known me. Who is claiming suprerior to you before God? Not me. Is it not you people that feel you know bible more than others? Stop being silly. Go and take care of your confusion. Hopeless teacher.

And what's so derogatory about being called a boy? Are boys not equally human beings?
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by busoye19: 10:32am On Jun 09, 2013
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire

Revelation 20:10-15
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And what's so derogatory about being called a boy? Are boys not equally human beings?

Go back to that your post where you called me a boy and check the context. That's what makes it derogatory, stop playing around. Having said that, Sorry where I insulted you and your coleagues but I dont pretend over what I dislike.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by PastorKun(m): 10:50am On Jun 09, 2013
alexleo:

Go back to that your post where you called me a boy and check the context. That's what makes it derogatory, stop playing around. Having said that, Sorry where I insulted you and your coleagues but I dont pretend over what I dislike.

Apology accepted. I admit I sometimes get very harsh and sometimes insultive with words, I sincerely apologise for this as it is not my intention to fight or abuse people on this forum but fact remains it really ticks me off anytime I see people deliberately twisting scripture to justify a position or doctrine. It's just not acceptable to me.

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2013
It says a lot when you are insulted simply for disagreeing with a so called believer. If we read the bible , it was always the Pharisees who went on the offensive with abuse.

admittedly , some of us have been guilty of being harsh in reaction to the abuse of others , but the insults in this article are on another level , and are anti-Christ in nature, it brings shame to Jesus and his cause.

No one can come to Christ without love, love is the only way to draw men to Jesus, preaching the false doctrine of eternal torment is placing an obstacle before them , for it is an irreconcilable position to that of Yahweh.

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2013
frosbel: It says a lot when you are insulted simply for disagreeing with a so called believer. If we read the bible , it was always the Pharisees who went on the offensive with abuse.

admittedly , some of us have been guilty of being harsh in reaction to the abuse of others , but the insults in this article are on another level , and are anti-Christ in nature, it brings shame to Jesus and his cause.

No one can come to Christ without love, love is the only way to draw men to Jesus, preaching the false doctrine of eternal torment is placing an obstacle before them , for it is an irreconcilable position to that of Yahweh.

Eternal torment is not a false doctrine. It is the one that you preach that is false and should be discarded.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Apology accepted. I admit I sometimes get very harsh and sometimes insultive with words, I sincerely apologise for this as it is not my intention to fight or abuse people on this forum but fact remains it really ticks me off anytime I see people deliberately twisting scripture to justify a position or doctrine. It's just not acceptable to me.

Thanks dear. Same way I feel when I see people twisting the bible especially on this very issue.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by busoye19: 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
alexleo:

Eternal torment is not a false doctrine. It is the one that you preach that is false and should be discarded.

They should explain this.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire

@Frosbel and co, are you saying that the lake of fire mentioned in verse 10 is different from the one in verse 15.
They shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever, or is your bible different
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
busoye19:

They should explain this.

@Frosbel and co, are you saying that the lake of fire mentioned in verse 10 is different from the one in verse 15.
They shall be tormented day and night or is your bible different

Show me between v14 and v15 where they are tormented forever and ever. smiley

Also , tell me why death itself is cast into the lake of fire ?

smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by busoye19: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
frosbel:

Show me between v14 and v15 where they are tormented forever and ever. smiley

Also , tell me why death itself is cast into the lake of fire ?

smiley

You have not answered my question. Is the lake of fire in v10 different from the one in v15
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
busoye19:

You have not answered my question. Is the lake of fire in v10 different from the one in v15

Don't worry yourself my dear. He is just deceiving himself. Whatever he is here preaching cannot change the truth of God's word.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2013
busoye19:

I will educate you in detail, but let me ask you a question on v10 , who were the people tormented 'forever and ever' ?

smiley
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by busoye19: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
frosbel:

I will educate you in detail, but let me ask you a question on v10 , who were the people tormented 'forever and ever' ?

smiley

"where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever"

I have answered you now. So answer my own Oga Teacher. Is the lake of fire in v10 different from the one in v15

Remember v15 says: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

"the lake" "the" was refering to what has already been mentioned. Find below:

the /T͟Hē/
Adjective: 1. Denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by truthislight: 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
busoye19:

Do you know what emphasis is ?

That is for emphasis.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by truthislight: 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
busoye19:

"where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever"

I have answered you now. So answer my own Oga Teacher. Is the lake of fire in v10 different from the one in v15

The beast is symbolic Just as the false prophet is symbolic.

Also, the word grave and death are symbolic in that literal grave (some people grave is in water, mountain, moon) cannot literally be burnt in literal fire.

But means that there will be no more death hence no more grave.

Same thing with false prophets of God as in false christian religion.

This ^ false prophet go hand in hand with the beast, is the beast a literal beast ? No.

If you say the beast is literal, then you are saying a literal beast is the one giving the mark of the beast.

So, the fire is a symbol of God removal of the afore mentioned things permanently.

"And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh." (Revelation 19:19-21).

the beast was "cast alive" into the lake of fire.

Is that ^ literal ?

If it is literal, then the false prophet is literal, its like saying the dragon of Revelation is a literal dragon.

If it is not literal, why conclude that the fire is literal ?

"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:9-10).

Now, teacher, answer this questions:

1. Can a literal fire burn or pained satan the Devil ?(a spirit being)

2. If it is not a literal fire, How can it burn and torment the human in vers 9 ?

3. Which is it really, is the fire coming down from heaven to "devour", or it is a lake of fire that people will be "cast" into ?

4. What does devour mean as it is used in vers 9 ?

Thank you in advance, am waiting.

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
truthislight:

The beast is symbolic Just as the false prophet is symbolic.

Also, the word grave and death are symbolic in that literal grave (some people grave is in water, mountain, moon) cannot literally be burnt in literal fire.

But means that there will be no more death hence no more grave.

Same thing with false prophets of God as in false christian religion.

This ^ false prophet go hand in hand with the beast, is the beast a literal beast ? No.

If you say the beast is literal, then you are saying a literal beast is the one giving the mark of the beast.

So, the fire is a symbol of God removal of the afore mentioned things permanently.

"And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh." (Revelation 19:19-21).

the beast was "cast alive" into the lake of fire.

Is that ^ literal ?

If it is literal, then the false prophet is literal, its like saying the dragon of Revelation is a literal dragon.

If it is not literal, why conclude that the fire is literal ?

"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:9-10).

Now, teacher, answer this questions:

1. Can a literal fire burn or pained satan the Devil ?(a spirit being)

2. If it is not a literal fire, How can it burn and torment the human in vers 9 ?

3. Which is it really, is the fire coming down from heaven to "devour", or it is a lake of fire that people will be "cast" into ?

4. What does devour mean as it is used in vers 9 ?

Thank you in advance, am waiting.

EUREKA!!!!!!.....

1 Like

Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
busoye19:

Remember v15 says: And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

"the lake" "the" was refering to what has already been mentioned. Find below:

the /T͟Hē/
Adjective: 1. Denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge.

Why are you wasting your time discussing with these liars who are looking for those they ll deceive into eternal damnation? All the arguments on this issue have been done in this nairaland and they failed woefully. No point repeating it. Thanks.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by busoye19: 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
alexleo:

Why are you wasting your time discussing with these liars who are looking for those they ll deceive into eternal damnation? All the arguments on this issue have been done in this nairaland and they failed woefully. No point repeating it. Thanks.

Thanks.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 10, 2013
There is certainly a hell (otherwise Jesus wouldn't have felt a need to come suffer like that for us), but that doesn't make every account of it true. Some of these "testimonies" are simply tools the enemy uses to incite a feeling of "No hope" "Looks like I'm going there anyway so why bother?" etc. I believe that is the crux of what the OP is saying.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by alexleo(m): 8:01am On Jun 10, 2013
2buff: There is certainly a hell (otherwise Jesus wouldn't have felt a need to come suffer like that for us), but that doesn't make every account of it true. Some of these "testimonies" are simply tools the enemy uses to incite a feeling of "No hope" "Looks like I'm going there anyway so why bother?" etc. I believe that is the crux of what the OP is saying.

What you are saying is different from what the OP is saying. OP is totally denying the existence of hell while you are cautioning on the content of some of the testimonies. He is spreading a false message while you are cautioning. Yours is a different thing all together and its quite a good step too.
Having said that, let me inform you that there is no need for you to be afraid of the testimonies or begin to feel that its difficult to make heaven. Jesus has paid the price of our sins and his blood is available always to cleanse us from all sin. As a child of God, all you need do is to always plead for the blood of Jesus to wash you in your daily prayers. Ask him for the grace to live a holy life that is pleasing to him. Do not desire sinful things. Move away from where there is temptation but each time you find yourself that you have sinned, pls do not waste time to plead for the blood of Jesus to cleanse you. There is nothing hard about doing the things I ve said just that satan often times makes us ignore these things as if our life is in our hands. Mark this- none of us will make heaven by our power but by the grace of God. If you rely on your strength it ll appear so hard to make and you ll lose it "for by strength shall no man prevail"(1 Samuel 2:9). God bless you.
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2013
^^^

Misrepresenting my position.

Hell which is really the Lake of Fire is what Jesus warned will be the final destnation of the wicked.

The difference of opinion is immense :

1. You insist there are 2 Hells, one after death and one at the end of this age. This is false and cannot be found anywhere in the bible.

2. You insist that MAN is immortal irrespective of what the bible says which is that we are mortal and can only achieve immortality by obedience to Jesus.

3. You insist that the wicked are judged before their time, though this cannot be found in scripture.

4. You make a mockery of the resurrection by insisting that the dead are alive when the bible says the dead are dead.

5. You use this PAGAN concept of HELL after death and eternal torment to woo believers to Christ , which is false and demonic ,for the tool of fear cannot genuinely save a soul.

6. You twist the gospel of Jesus to mean repent or go to hell, when in fact the gospel is really the good news of the kingdom.

16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”[f]
20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” - Luke 4:16-20
Re: The Prophets Of Hell by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist / Can Any Nigerian Pastor Reject A 10 Billion Naira Bribe ? / Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.