Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? (11234 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / What Would You Do If A Lady Hits You In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by cuteness01: 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2008
ladies,what will you do if your boyfriend/fiance hits u? break up with him?go on with the relationship? or will you marry him if he proposes? u know,i have even seen ladies who slap their boyfriends when they get really mad,,,and vice-versa,what if ur guy does it in anger,then apologises and promise never to do it again?

and to the marrieds,,,what if ur spouse hits u? will you divorce him or will you forgive him,and stay married to him?
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2008
i can't be wt a womán beater,y would my partner beat me?even if i offended him there are other matured ways of punishing me,instead of usind d hands
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by yinkuso08: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2008
Never ever. There is no reason why any form of abuse should be acceptable. What happened to communicating to each other? angry
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Akinagirl(f): 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2008
Thats right, he should use his mouth to communicate, not his hands. I would never marry a man that hits me.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by welli(f): 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2008
no angry
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2008
Hit me indeed, never!
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by HRhotness(f): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2008
the day any guy lays a hand on me is the last time he'll see me,
I abhor violence in any form and i detest all forms of abuse esp to women
I wont stand for it and i find it very unforgivable

The guy I'd marry wldnt dare, the thot wldnt even cross his mind becos he'll have nothin but respect me
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2008
Hit me indeed, never

oh my gawdddddddddddddddd angry angry angry
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by dandollar1: 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2008
you ladies will never say the truth.The fact is that too many ladies still put up with a boyfriend that hits them,hoping he'll change.If he hits you while you are dating, he's gonna hit you when you guys get married. Gba be!!!
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by cuteness01: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2008
you ladies will never say the truth.The fact is that too many ladies still put up with a boyfriend that hits them,hoping he'll change.If he hits you while you are dating, he's going to hit you when you guys get married. Gba be!!!

well,i must say dan_dollar is right here,,,many gals still stick to their guys after being hit,,,and many WIVES at that!! this happens everywhere. will u divorce your husband,say,after having 3 kids with him because he hits u?
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Busta(f): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2008
Why would I wanna put myself through all that trouble and heart ache?

lai, lai God forbid. We are done . . . the marriage will become FINITO!
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by tpia: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2008
No.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 29, 2008
jennykadry:

oh my gawdddddddddddddddd angry angry angry
hehehehehe kiss grin
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2008
hehehehehe

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2008
What kind of stupid question is this? Not even if the asylum calls me to come and pick him up after his rehab angry
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by TheSly: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2008
tpia:

No.
Tpia. . . u said NO? u'z a lady? wetin u dey find here?
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2008
jennykadry:

angry angry angry angry angry
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2008
lai lai, never, no way . . . too many people are obviously decieving themselves here.
There is no excuse for a man to beat his wife but face it ladies, after 3 kids will you just pack your bags and head out the door because of a slap?

Where is the room for forgiveness?
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by LadyT(f): 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2008
4Him you have made a very valid point!

Even wives slap husbands you dont have the guys walking out.

A slap you maybe able to forgive.

But when you become a regular beating bag. Kids or no kids get the hell out!
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

lai lai, never, no way . . . too many people are obviously decieving themselves here.
There is no excuse for a man to beat his wife but face it ladies, after 3 kids will you just pack your bags and head out the door because of a slap?

Forgiveness for wetin? So I should sit around and forgive him until he starts slapping me in front of my children? Or until he starts slapping my children and abusing them? A leopard cannot change its spot, as well as a man who has known the route of abuse. I mean, you can't just wake up one morning and slap your wife, unless you've been down that path before. If you indeed love your wife, even with anger and frustrations, you dare not slap or hit her, esp. when she's the mother of your children. Don't take the anger on her, get out of the house and go to the gym or sit there and talk it out with her.

A real man does not curse at a woman, talkless of abusively laying his hands on her.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by TheSly: 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

Do you know that 92% of Nairaland Users are Hypocrites?
Check this thread. . . here All the laydies there were saying . . .The poster should marry her. . blaH blah blah B.S Tell me if any of these laydies would marry a guy who is already a father. .

Buncha hypos!!!
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Antidote1(f): 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2008
@Sly
1-100, 2-100, 3-100, 4-100, 5-100, breathe brother, breathe grin grin grin grin,

@topic,
while I do not condone physical abuse in any shape, form or size, I won't just pack and leave my matrimonial home if my husband lost his senses and hit me.  First of, I will hit him to hell back, and if it becomes habitual, then some drastic steps would definitely be taken. 

It somehow amazes me how MOST women will stick it out in a Verbally abusive marriage/relationship, but shy away from one where a few slaps are distributed, I would take a "loving slap" over a firey tongue any day, However, don't expect me to take the slap "lying down", I am too much of a pitbull.I will be punching back, This is ONLY my 2cents and I won't come here and lie.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2008
The Sly:

Do you know that 92% of Nairaland Users are Hypocrites?
Check this thread. . . here All the laydies there were saying . . .The poster should marry her. . blaH blah blah B.S Tell me if any of these laydies would marry a guy who is already a father. .

Buncha hypos!!!

Explain what your lil statements has to do with this post. We're talking about abuse, you're talking about a single father. Seriously dnt get undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2008
Explain what your little statements has to do with this post. We're talking about abuse, you're talking about a single father. Seriously dnt get undecided

wa about asking d same thing cadet,maybe he replied to d wrong thread,or maybe he replied wt sleepy eyes undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by tpia: 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2008
the original question was would you marry a guy who hits you. or vice versa.

if your partner is already hitting you before marriage then he definitely wont stop after marriage. If anything, the beatings will intensify.

I cant date or marry someone who believes in physical violence. undecided Such a person has issues.

@ Sly:
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2008
tpia:

if your partner is already hitting you before marriage then he definitely wont stop after marriage. If anything, the beatings will intensify.

Exactly my point
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by chiegemba(f): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2008
@ poster. . . . . 4 wetin now? " i definitely refuse 2 b a victim" we already have more than enough victims out dere sad
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by StephenP(m): 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2008
[size=13pt]Ladies, the moment your man hits you, lock the door and beat the shit out of him, call the police and pack your stuff and leave, if you can. If you can't, please don't hit him because that will only aggravate him more, instead simply skip the first step and just call the cops and leave.[/size]
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2008
~Antidote~:

@topic,
while I do not condone physical abuse in any shape, form or size, I won't just pack and leave my matrimonial home if my husband lost his senses and hit me.  First of, I will hit him to hell back, and if it becomes habitual, then some drastic steps would definitely be taken.  

It somehow amazes me how MOST women will stick it out in a Verbally abusive marriage/relationship, but shy away from one where a few slaps are distributed, I would take a "loving slap" over a firey tongue any day, However, don't expect me to take the slap "lying down", [b]I am too much of a pitbull.[/b]I will be punching back, This is ONLY my 2cents and I won't come here and lie.

pray and how does this help the situation?

Unless you want to live a cat and mouse marriage, this is a most unreasonable attitude.
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by 4Him1(m): 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2008
StephenP:

[size=13pt]Ladies, the moment your man hits you, lock the door and beat the shit out of him, call the police and pack your stuff and leave, if you can. If you can't, please don't hit him because that will only aggravate him more, instead simply skip the first step and just call the cops and leave.[/size]

undecided how does this solve the problem? unless the man is known to be a chronic abuser then you really dont need to get this drastic.

Nobody shld assume that i'm condoning wife beating, far from it. But i like to be realistic here . . . what would you achieve with 5 kids and a husband locked behind bars just for slapping you?
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2008
StephenP:

Beat a man that's twice your size?
Ever heard of this yoruba phrase, "Abara kekere fun abara nl"? meaning, big slap for small slap. A man's hand is usually twice the size of his woman and firmer. When that man hits that woman back gan, she go think thunder hit her

A knife gets the job done. lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Marry A Guy Who Hits You ? by Cadet(f): 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

undecided how does this solve the problem? unless the man is known to be a chronic abuser then you really don't need to get this drastic.

Nobody shld assume that i'm condoning wife beating, far from it. But i like to be realistic here . . . what would you achieve with 5 kids and a husband locked behind bars just for slapping you?

So what's your solution? that she should let him continue slapping her? Lay low? Talk to a heedless man?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Guys Endeavour To Fvck That Gal U're Datin If U Want Her To Commit Fully / Airtel Youth_kool_max! / Masturbation: Advantages And Disadvantages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.