Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) (40529 Views)

Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? / What Is Your Worst Day Like In 2013? In Every Aspect. / Miss Nairaland June 2013 is LUPEY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:51am On Jun 12, 2013
I thought people are always claiming that Nigerians have morals. It's ironic that a society that makes so much noise about "decency" now mocks virginity even in teenagers. Later these same people will be forming religious!

Well done to the young ones for reminding their peers that keeping their innocence is important.

6 Likes

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by elrony(m): 3:00am On Jun 12, 2013
claremont: Anyone who links virginity to morality doesn't really know what morality is. They are not different from those goons who link religion to morality. They are of the same ilk.

Huh lipsrsealed
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 12, 2013
One thing I have found out is this:

Girls that are over 19 and are virgins are normally ugly. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by koruji(m): 3:50am On Jun 12, 2013
You are not suggesting that you can't keep your virginity and produce/advance knowledge at the same time. Are you?
Stop been so absolutist - even production/knowledge is for the SATISFACTION of the human soul.

sauer: while other nations bother about production and advancing human knowledge, my people are concerned about not having se/x until they marry. Just what exactly is the importance attached to this experience?

2 Likes

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:21am On Jun 12, 2013
ACM10: Damn! These girls are ugly. Wont exchange them with my cute, charming but loose princess.

To hell with their virginity.

Guy you funny ooo, so you dey expect 2 see QUEEN among dem? You suppose know the tribe dem came from, dem get ugliness riverside grin grin
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 12, 2013
NessaFresh:
ok this is crap? no matter what good stride people tale u guys will always link it to other nations productivity
While others march for the environment, or for peace, or for free speech, or for education for all, or for water, or for Africa, Nigerians march for virginity. You need to think only a bit above usual to realise just how dumb this is. If anyone would do this in a civilized environment, say America, all they would get is ridicule upon ridicule. It simply isn't an important societal issue.

1 Like

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 12, 2013
koruji: You are not suggesting that you can't keep your virginity and produce/advance knowledge at the same time. Are you?
Stop been so absolutist - even production/knowledge is for the SATISFACTION of the human soul.

Of course, am not supposing that in the remotest. You should know!
Am only pointing out how such an unimportant societal issue has been made grossly important in a country like Nigeria. Just how exactly does keeping one's virginity tie to leading a fulfilling life? Fulfilling for the country.
And don't go to equating virginity with morality, for why else would that American who sees virginity as unimportant show much more compassion/sympathy than that Nigerian who would die to marry a virgin.
As far as I can see, being a virgin in Nigeria supposedly increases a lady's market worth. We can thus see just why that much importance is attached to it. In the end, it really is a selfish goal undecided
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 12, 2013
Shollypopz: These same countries that bother about production and advancing human knowledge is where we have gay walks, and likes.

Seriously when did social issues become irrelevant in a society??!

What if an epidemic of teenage pregnancy breaks out? This will then be an issue everyone wants to talk about undecided

Why do I even bother, a county where a girl of 14 gets married to a 65 yrs old man. And it's viewed as normal, teenage pregnancy will be like moi-moi.
And how better is your country than those countries that have "g.a.y walks and the likes"? And how desperate are your people about living or even flaunting these same countries you deride.
Get your facts right. The same ideals that liberated these countries are still in play, and just somehow have turned out to be the world's most important ideals. Democracy?
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Evestar200: GOOD ONE,,IF ONLY THEY CAN KEEP IT TILL THEIR MARRIAGE DAY
Isn't that what it's all about? undecided
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 12, 2013
sauer:
And how better is your country than those countries that have "g.a.y walks and the likes"? And how desperate are your people about living or even flaunting these same countries you deride.
Get your facts right. The same ideals that liberated these countries are still in play, and just somehow have turned out to be the world's most important ideals. Democracy?
No one is comparing what country is better than the other.
@highlighted: I'm at a lost here...what are u going on about??

You are confused on what this thread is about. Democracy is a political issue not a social one. To undermine the importance of social factors in a country is beyond stup1d. Social factors affect population, technological advancement, government expenditures in terms of welfare and the likes.
This thread is about a certain community walking and supporting abstinence among teenagers and young adults, to say this is irrelevant shows ignorance.
The statement in my earlier post was to show you that countries that have these so called advancement do not take their social issues lightly. I could break it down further if you still have problem comprehending.

4 Likes

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by chumakk: 5:36am On Jun 12, 2013
50calibre:

Please tell them. What is the big deal about virginity? The African mentality needs over hauling.

Instead of emphasis to be paid on real issues of this current time and what counts, they focus on something as trivial as virginity.
You don't know the meaning of virginity not to talk of the value. You don't know morality is linked to productivity?

1 Like

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by muhammadafeez(m): 6:21am On Jun 12, 2013
This is very good, u are desent among the ladies!!!
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by aquabeing: 6:31am On Jun 12, 2013
Kusos to my fellow virgins,guess its high time we organise the male version
cheesy grin
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by 190: 7:18am On Jun 12, 2013
Nairaland girls are Not happy grin grin grin
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by taju4free(m): 7:20am On Jun 12, 2013
Thank God we still ve youths that fear him. There is nothing bad in keeping ones self b4 marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by VolvoS60(m): 7:27am On Jun 12, 2013
sauer:
While others march for the environment, or for peace, or for free speech, or for education for all, or for water, or for Africa, Nigerians march for virginity. You need to think only a bit above usual to realise just how dumb this is. If anyone would do this in a civilized environment, say America, all they would get is ridicule upon ridicule. It simply isn't an important societal issue.

^^^^
What exactly do you mean by "if anyone would do this in a civilized environment, say America". . .? Are you by any chance implying that the USA is some kind of gold standard of civilization we should all aspire to?

Please explain.

1 Like

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Ochek: 7:29am On Jun 12, 2013
See how much negative comments this thread is generating. Kai! It pains to loose ur virginity fa. See the vexing comments. I'm sure if most of you could get it back, you would be so glad. I sure understand ur reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by madridsta007(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2013
onila: I went to a secondary school

where keeping your virginity was preached all the time

their hard-work was not in vain

I am a product of yr good advice, my lovely teachers

all of us now in universities abroad and in Nigeria are still pure

waiting for the main day

Nigeria, a country for classy girls

we are coming up, baby

Proud of you girl... I'm in my mid-twenties and still very pure... It's an awesome feeling. Don't mind the beefing jealous haters. It pains and aches to loose your virginity hence the vexing hateful statements.

2 Likes

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Pain(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2013
Take it or leave it. There are many risks attached to sex before the onset of emotional maturity. I think the initiative is a good thing for teenagers because abstinence will curb unwanted pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases,emotional breakdowns etc. It will enable them channel their youthful vibrancy and energies into more lofty pursuits. The benefits to be gained far outweigh the converse.

4 Likes

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by kalunomics(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2013
sauer:
What a weak attempt on your part at
justifying an irrational post of yours. You support gay walks and gay rights but disparage people going for virginity walks?

One thing I can deduce is, it's either you are deluded and an intellectual slave of the western views and way of life or you are just being jealous of the fact that you are and/or are sorrounded by nymphòs, in the case which I don't have to debate with you if you can stoop so low, but I think the later is the case.
Make your thoughts and opinions exclusively yours. That's why we have individual brains... Don't get brain-washed in your bid to bootlick the west.

1 Like

Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by eriegua83: 7:33am On Jun 12, 2013
Thank GOD I am still Α̅ virgin after 4 lovely kids.
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by kalunomics(m): 7:33am On Jun 12, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^
What exactly do you mean by "if anyone would do this in a civilized environment, say America". . .? Are you by any chance implying that the USA is some kind of gold standard of civilization we should all aspire to?

Please explain.

don't mind the deluded brain-washed American-civilised wanna be
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by skydeep(f): 7:35am On Jun 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is there anywhere they said the bolded abi it's the usual badbelle.
grin. Go away
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Godson201333(m): 7:40am On Jun 12, 2013
sexkillz: Jobless people.

What is it about announcing virginity? It's a choice you made just like others made theirs. The funniest thing about this March is that if you go back and check the people that participated, almost half of them would have lost their virginity amongst themselves by now. . . Shameless hypocrites.

Virgins don't make noise about being virgins. This is a load of crap. Why didn't they March to Lagos if they were serious? Sanitizing the community my left foot!

Don't tell me that you've lost your virginity before marriage!
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 12, 2013
yuzedo: if dey like let dem advattise deir verginty inside CNN knews, it can't help dem seeeee good horseband. This girls soooo dam ugly, wtf?! No wonder deir vergin. angry if deir verginnity is on stuck eschange it wil be -N1kobo. Ohhh gord am vexin!!!! I no, deir NL babe, am 10005.4%sure!! See ONILA dere, d one wit dipper live skirt! Very ugly tin, we give upppp! angry
yuzedo yuzedo yuzedo.. grin grin mking me laugh so early inde morning
BTW good for dem.. cheesy
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Godson201333(m): 7:41am On Jun 12, 2013
190: Nairaland girls are Not happy grin grin grin

Yes sexkillz is annoyed grin
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 12, 2013
Godson201333:

Don't tell me that you've lost your virginity before marriage!
Does my comment suggest that?
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 12, 2013
Godson201333:

Yes sexkillz is annoyed grin
Annoyed that people can be this jobless. This is an insult to virgins.
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by theripper3: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2013
This is laudable, we know places where things like dis are seen as an aberration. Kids there drop albums as early as 11yrs.

On the other hand, dis might serve as a motivation for dem Islamic Mujahids.
Re: Virginity March 2013 In Ibadan (Pictures) by damique(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2013
Kudos to them, they doing a part, lets do ours also instead of condemning them, we sick gan 4 naija?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Think Twice Before You Follow Him To The Hotel: My Personal Encounter / Lady Caught Cheating On Her Fiance with his Friend 13days To Their Wedding / When A Man Truly Loves A Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.