Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? (18713 Views)

A Polygamous home Or A Single Parent Home? / Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? / Polygamous Home !what Impact Does It Make In The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
dayokanu: @Ileoba

Have you considered that EVERY HUMAN man or woman every decision we make is as a result of the enviroment, the culture, the religion that shapes what we like or dont like?

I have. How does that change the question I'm asking?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
dayokanu: @Ileoba

Have you considered that EVERY HUMAN man or woman every decision we make is as a result of the enviroment, the culture, the religion that shapes what we like or dont like?

if a human was born in the forest and raised by animals he would also think there is no need for marriage to be attached to any individual just cop an errection and shagg anyone including your parents like animals do

So women who grew up in Monogamous society majority would tend Monogamy, Those who grew up in Polygamy would tend to not find anything bad with Polygamy

ileoba is lost!
CNN has messed with her psyche. she thinks every woman in the world buys into the western civilisation bullcrap! women in amazon forest think hilary clinton is crazy for wearing clothes.....
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
ileobatojo:

I have. How does that change the question I'm asking?

The question you are asking wont be necesary if you have considered it because Not only Polygamist make decisions based on their religion, culture and environment but ALL HUMAN beings which polygamists are a subset of.

You think Monogamy is right as a result of your culture religion and environment too. How about that?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
dayokanu:

The question you are asking wont be necesary if you have considered it because Not only Polygamist make decisions based on their religion, culture and environment but ALL HUMAN beings which polygamists are a subset of.

You think Monogamy is right as a result of your culture religion and environment too. How about that?

Oh boy! This is tiring.

Okay, let me use another analogy. Some people decide to practice abstinence before marriage because of their religion. Now if I asked those people, 'If not for your religion, is it your natural desire to practice abstinence?' Would that question be as hard for you to grasp as the one I'm currently asking?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
dayokanu:

There ^^ ile..... Question for you to answer . Afterall both practice exist from ages ( bibles & Qoran). undecided why is one superior and considered the right one?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
100 years.. polygamy was not seen as strange; Rather monogamy was
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
bukatyne:

And how does this post answer my question?

Sisi's post nailed it.

if you cannot go there and read up on your own instead of relying on secondary informations online,thats up to you.this convo is over babes
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by lovelydoll: 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Women work and go to school now.Polygamy is not necessary for this time and day .so stop bringing up the past.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by somegirl1: 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
coogar:

i digested the main facts and left out the opinion of a defeatist journalist!! even when she was told the wives are very happy, she still manages to paint the story in such a way that the women were suffering. i believe the quotes of the women interviewed are more credible than the opinion of the writer who is prejudiced even before she stepped her foot in their houses.....

in a nutshell, what you emboldened is irrelevant!

but these women are happy - do you know more than them? out of the 5 wives interviewed from 2 polygamous settings, only one of them who happens to be 63 years spoke with bitterness. the other 4 were quote happy with their marriage!

Refer to this post.

chaircover: I doubt it.

Deep Deep Deep down in them, I dont think that any woman wants to share a man that she genuinely loves . .and . .

Deep Deep Deep down in them, I dont think that any mother will want another wifes children to do better than hers.

Surface levels is another story altogether.

Replies from women in this thread should tell you that we could never truly be happy in such a setting, we could accept it however. If you aren't a woman, don't speak for women on the issue of polygamy.

coogar:
There are plenty of reasons a polygamous family would be happy and there are plenty of reasons a woman would willingly share her husband with another.

open your local newspaper for a start and see the amount of swingers party that goes around in your neighbourhood - there are placed ads by married couples seeking a woman/man to complete a ménage a troîs.

this is the 21st century - stop viewing the world with the eyes of an aztec/mayans!

Are you're insinuating that polygamists and their wives engage in group se.x? shocked shocked
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 12:25am On Jun 15, 2013
some-girl:

Refer to this post.

why should i?
chaircover stays in the west. if she's a 5th wife in medina, would she be writing the same?

Replies from women in this thread should tell you that we could never truly be happy in such a setting, we could accept it however. If you aren't a woman, don't speak for women on the issue of polygamy.

all the women on this thread lean towards western education, the opinion is bound to be the same. what about women in the northern africa or the middle east? the women on this thread do not speak for other women in the world!

Are you're insinuating that polygamists and their wives engage in group se.x? shocked shocked

why won't they?
they believe love is sharing, isn't it? if there's no fuss about their husband marrying multiple wives, why should there be any problem in group sex?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 7:20am On Jun 15, 2013
lovelydoll: Women work and go to school now.Polygamy is not necessary for this time and day .so stop bringing up the past.

We need to know where we come from before we know where we are going

'Monogamic marriage' as you call it a union of one man n woman may be a thing of the past in another 100 years itself

Anyone that still says humans are not a function of their environment is at best propounding a laughable theory
If this were yemeniland the ladies here will be opening classifieds to find the next wife for their harem as it too boring living alone
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by damiso(f): 7:58am On Jun 15, 2013
This thread just made me remember that i wrote my final yr project on feminist views in islam and based it on african writers mainly from islamic countries.Chose that topic cos it was like a contradiction of sorts also cos my supervisor then needed to be impressed cos the man was something else(I wanted to prove a point cos the mam used to pick on me alot).

So I had to do alot if research.One of the texts I used (can believe I still remember after so many yrs cheesy) was from a relatively unknown Egyptian writer called Alifa Rifaat and it was a collection of Short stories called Distant View of A Minaret.It was written in Arabic then later translated to english and for a very long while was banned in Egypt.This particular one touched alot on polygamy, child marriage and the internal wranglings muslim women face when deep down they sometimes resent having to share their man.Some felt guilty that those feelings made them feel they were not good enough muslims and quickly suppressed those desires.I also used Mariama Ba So Long A Letter (though from senegal) and so many other ones.

The conclusion was that feminism in Africa especially those of islamic extraction had to toe a different line I.e they are more womanists.But that research threw up polygamy as an issue that most of these women accepted as part of their faith.Some would choose it but sometimes (as normal for most human dealings) deep deep down they sometimes resented or questioned it.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2013
^^^^ interesting insight... do u have links to the egyptian book
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by damiso(f): 9:49am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 9:54am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 15, 2013
No matter how much we want to debate this topic , there is no place for polygamy in the life of the modern women.Women endured it years ago but we don't have to anymore,oh yes!we do have a choice!!

Thank God for civilization!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by luqken: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
[quote author=onila]

I hate them because I hate their mothers

their mothers are dumb evil wicked b1tches. .trust me, their mothers will transfer der wickedness to the children

[quote author=onila]

I hate them because I hate their mothers

their mothers are dumb evil wicked b1tches. .trust me, their mothers will transfer der wickedness to the children

[quote author=onila]

Sorry to say ds Onila but i think ur mum had also planted and nutured ds same wickedness and hatred u are vehemently displaying here.
ur are as guilty as d people ur are condenming.
My take on polygamy is d success depends on all d stakeholders esp d man.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
byvan: No matter how much we want to debate this topic , there is no place for polygamy in the life of the modern women.Women endured it years ago but we don't have to anymore,oh yes!we do have a choice!!

Thank God for civilization!!!!!!

you sound like those women were/are forced? If that's the case why is that not everyone is/was in polygamy? Stop playing the victims, women were not enduring anything.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by mbulela: 3:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
AjanleKoko: Polygamy's a no-no. Way too expensive embarassed
Plus, what's the point really? One wife is enough headache already embarassed angry
one wife is surely enough my brother. I often wonder how anyone will manage to date 2 women at the same time,talk less of marrying them.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by bukatyne(f): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
kulyie: if you cannot go there and read up on your own instead of relying on secondary informations online,thats up to you.this convo is over babes

Take it cool missy
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
Playing victim ke kedu Ihe onye a Na ako?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
byvan: Playing victim ke kedu Ihe onye Na ako?

I have no idea what you just said, but it's cracking me the heck up!! cheesy
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
^how dumb?

I thot endured meant victim
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
^ I can't be pained when the number 1 buffoon on NL calls me dumb. No need to be when I'm 100% confident my own dumb doesn't even hold a candle to his. It's like a morbidly obese person calling the size 12 person fat.... So yeah, call me dumb as much as you need to dear, it's all good. kiss

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by somegirl1: 1:05am On Jun 16, 2013
coogar:

why should i?
chaircover stays in the west. if she's a 5th wife in medina, would she be writing the same?

all the women on this thread lean towards western education, the opinion is bound to be the same. what about women in the northern africa or the middle east? the women on this thread do not speak for other women in the world!

I reiterate: Acceptance of a situation isn't same as happiness at the situation.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 4:08am On Jun 17, 2013
I don't know, can A man stomach sharing his wife?
biolabee:

I want to agree with the bolded but from commens of NL ladies who are supposedly empowered and are earning their own income, they still can't stomach sharing their man

Why is this so

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 4:25am On Jun 17, 2013
I honestly can't give an opinion because I was not born into polygamy. But, I can't imagine sharing my husband with anyone. That would tear me apart. Namely because of trust, would he tell other wives my/Our personal problems. Also, because of conflict resolution, would he turn to another wife when we have problems in order to clear his head. Finally, in my opinion it would create, big head syndrome, as in the man's head go inflate from too much attention.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 8:04am On Jun 17, 2013
vivalableue: I don't know, can A man stomach sharing his wife?

No i cannot... i will leave the wife and go and look for my own

vivalableue: I honestly can't give an opinion because I was not born into polygamy. But, I can't imagine sharing my husband with anyone. That would tear me apart. Namely because of trust, would he tell other wives my/Our personal problems. Also, because of conflict resolution, would he turn to another wife when we have problems in order to clear his head. Finally, in my opinion it would create, big head syndrome, as in the man's head go inflate from too much attention.

Haha... now you talking
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by lovelydoll: 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
biolabee:

We need to know where we come from before we know where we are going

'Monogamic marriage' as you call it a union of one man n woman may be a thing of the past in another 100 years itself

Anyone that still says humans are not a function of their environment is at best propounding a laughable theory
If this were yemeniland the ladies here will be opening classifieds to find the next wife for their harem as it too boring living alone

and homo marriage/no marriage/poly marriage can also be a thing of the future. but Today is monogamy . Polygamy is not necessary,men do not go out to war in large numbers anymore and women are not so dependent anymore.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by lovelydoll: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
coogar:

why should i?

why won't they?
they believe love is sharing, isn't it? if there's no fuss about their husband marrying multiple wives, why should there be any problem in group sex?
your right

that's what i mean they gotta either be bisexual/gay/stupid/desperate/or forced to be in a polygamy marriage.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
lovelydoll:

and homo marriage/no marriage/poly marriage can also be a thing of the future. but Today is monogamy . Polygamy is not necessary,men do not go out to war in large numbers anymore and women are not so dependent anymore.

it will be... it will be

just a mata of time

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" / "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question / My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.