Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (7103 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 7:30am On Jun 28, 2013
italo: You sure have never read Luke Chapter 1.

So, Luke chapter1 tells you to worship Mary,right?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 28, 2013
y is she called virgin mary? undecided
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:44am On Jun 28, 2013
Because her name is "Mary" and she is a virgin.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo: Because her name is "Mary" and she is a virgin.
are you sure?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by odinko: 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
I was born into catholic family, but not a catholic. My hobby is to research churches. From my observation so far, must churches pray with the name of thier pastor. I.e the god of .......... Come down and fight for me. Isn't that worse than praying with mary's name? Since you guys have starting judging, let me pass my judgment....most of these so called pastors will not even see heavens backyard. They are all occultic pastors.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
odinko: I was born into catholic family, but not a catholic. My hobby is to research churches. From my observation so far, must churches pray with the name of thier pastor. I.e the god of .......... Come down and fight for me. Isn't that worse than praying with mary's name? Since you guys have starting judging, let me pass my judgment....most of these so called pastors will not even see heavens backyard. They are all occultic pastors.

You are right, but that does not justify the Roman Catholic image or Mary worship. They are both wrong, the bible is our standard, anyone that teaches anything contrary should be accursed.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
olire: are you sure?

Yes.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are right, but that does not justify the Roman Catholic image or Mary worship. They are both wrong, the bible is our standard, anyone that teaches anything contrary should be accursed.

Catholics only worship God. If we were idol worshippers, you wouldnt make our Bible your standard, would you?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Catholics only worship God. If we were idol worshippers, you wouldnt make our Bible your standard, would you?

Do you perform other rituals like saying one should not marry?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Do you perform other rituals like saying one should not marry?

Read the title of the thread again...then make a relevant post.

Thank you.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Read the title of the thread again...then make a relevant post.

Thank you.

hmmmmm I see someone is eluding my questions here.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
Back to Mary's case, why do you worship Mary?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi: Back to Mary's case, why do you worship Mary?

italo:

Stop asking questions that have already been answered.

If you have nothing to say, it is not a crime to be quiet.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Stop asking questions that have already been answered.

If you have nothing to say, it is not a crime to be quiet.

I knew it will get to this.. you are devising an escape route, right?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
Are you going to have me answer this 1000000 times?

Go ahead and keep asking it then.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo: Are you going to have me answer this 1000000 times?

Go ahead and keep asking it then.

ok, I will go slow. pick anyone you think you can answer.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
I am not here to answer questions.

If you ask a reasonable question (though I know you are not seeking truth), I will answer. But if you ask less than smart questions, I will pretend that I am listening to a dog bark.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo: I am not here to answer questions.

If you ask a reasonable question (though I know you are not seeking truth), I will answer. But if you ask less than smart questions, I will pretend that I am listening to a dog bark.

What question is reasonable, I guess any question you don't have an answer would be unreasonable of course.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

What question is reasonable, I guess any question you don't have an answer would be unreasonable of course.

Let me leave you to your guess.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Let me leave you to your guess.

ok, communicate with me, who is Mary to you?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

ok, communicate with me, who is Mary to you?

I cannot list all that Mary is to me but to summarize, she is the mother of my Lord so she is my mother too.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

I cannot list all that Mary is to me but to summarize, she is the mother of my Lord so she is my mother too.
can you back your statement up with the scriptures.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
So, Luke chapter1 tells you to worship Mary,right?

Who said so?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
pls show me how Mary became your mum through scriptures
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
can you back your statement up with the scriptures.

Rev 12:17.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Rev 12:17.

Revelation 12:17

Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 So then the dragon was furious (enraged) at the woman, and he went away to wage war on the remainder of her descendants—[on those] who obey God’s commandments and who have the testimony of Jesus Christ [and adhere to it and [a]bear witness to Him].

where does this say Nary is your mummy?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Revelation 12:17

Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 So then the dragon was furious (enraged) at the woman, and he went away to wage war on the remainder of her descendants—[on those] who obey God’s commandments and who have the testimony of Jesus Christ [and adhere to it and [a]bear witness to Him].

where does this say Nary is your mummy?

Rev 12:27

NIV

Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

NIV

Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
You are a joker, so that tells you Mary is your mother. Eve is what then?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

NIV

You actually think the woman here is Mary? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? / If Evolution Was True! / Jihad: The Sixth Deadly Pillar Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.