Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (7099 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Again? Seriously?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo: No
share the rest then
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
share the rest then

Why dont you share something.

Who is Mary to you?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 12:07am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

Why dont you share something.

Who is Mary to you?

ok, Mary found grace to be the one whom the seed of the woman (as described in Genesis where God cursed the woman and the serpent)would come through to the world.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 12:17am On Jun 29, 2013
you didnt say anything about your relationship with Mary.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 12:19am On Jun 29, 2013
italo: you didnt say anything about your relationship with Mary.

I have no physical or spiritual relationship with Mary. I don't even know Christ like I did know him in the flesh let alone Mary.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 12:28am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

I have no physical or spiritual relationship with Mary. I don't even know Christ like I did know him in the flesh let alone Mary.

Well, we have a deep spiritual relationship with our mother.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 12:29am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

Well, we have a deep spiritual relationship with our mother.

may be if you show me the spiritual relationship you have with your mother through scripture, I will understand.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 12:44am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:
may be if you show me the spiritual relationship you have with your mother through scripture, I will understand.

Maybe even if a dead man were to rise and explain it to you, you wont believe...

...like in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 1:01am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

Maybe even if a dead man were to rise and explain it to you, you wont believe...

...like in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man.

believe what exactly, you are yet to show me how mary is your mother. I am still waiting to know if what the catholic do is in line with scriptures.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 1:04am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

believe what exactly, you are yet to show me how mary is your mother. I am still waiting to know if what the catholic do is in line with scriptures.

I am waiting to know if reading the Bible is scriptural.

You are yet to show me where the Bible even mentioned "Bible"
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 1:11am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

I am waiting to know if reading the Bible is scriptural.

You are yet to show me where the Bible even mentioned "Bible"

It mentioned scriptures not bible

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 1:22am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

It mentioned scriptures not bible

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

So where does scripture tell us which books are scripture and which ones are not?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 1:25am On Jun 29, 2013
italo:

So where does scripture tell us which books are scripture and which ones are not?

Everything inspired from the old to the new by God is what scripture is
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 1:31am On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Where does scripture say the above?

Where does scripture say the books of Mark and Luke are inspired by God, for example?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 1:39am On Jun 29, 2013
24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

definition of scripture
the sacred writings of the Old or New Testaments or both together.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 1:56am On Jun 29, 2013
You said:

shdemidemi:

And I asked where does scripture say the above?

Where does scripture say Mark and Luke are inspired by God?

This:

shdemidemi: 24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

definition of scripture
the sacred writings of the Old or New Testaments or both together.

...does not answer the questions.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 2:00am On Jun 29, 2013
italo: You said:

And I asked where does scripture say the above?

Where does scripture say Mark and Luke are inspired by God?

This:

...does not answer the questions.

I defined what a scripture is, it is the entire Word of God.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 2:01am On Jun 29, 2013
Are you ready for my questions?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

I defined what a scripture is, it is the entire Word of God.
shdemidemi: Are you ready for my questions?

You didnt answer my question. You didnt show me where scripture defines scripture the way you did.

...and where scripture says that Mark and Luke are inspired by God.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 7:38am On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

You didnt answer my question. You didnt show me where scripture defines scripture the way you did.

...and where scripture says that Mark and Luke are inspired by God.

Stop being a joker.. As it is written Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),

Everything including mark Luke and John. Stop going round cycles, don't come and ask me how I know this cos I know it because the scripture says it is inspired by your church? Never. It says it is inspired by God himself.

So, can we face my questions now, unless you have something you can't defend.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Stop being a joker.. As it is written Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),

Everything including mark Luke and John. Stop going round cycles, don't come and ask me how I know this cos I know it because the scripture says it is inspired by your church? Never. It says it is inspired by God himself.

So, can we face my questions now, unless you have something you can't defend.

At the time Paul was writing that a good number of the new testament books we have today had not been written. E.g the four books written by John. At least that shows that Paul's definition of scripture in that verse is way different from yours. Paul was most likely talking about the Old testament; you are saying its the whole Bible. Big difference!

Secondly, there were many books in existence that were being called scripture at the time E.g The Acts of Peter, Gospel of Barnabas etc. All these books fit into your definition of scripture? If your answer is no, why not? If it is yes, then why dont you use them?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

At the time Paul was writing that a good number of the new testament books we have today had not been written. E.g the four books written by John. At least that shows that Paul's definition of scripture in that verse is way different from yours. Paul was most likely talking about the Old testament; you are saying its the whole Bible. Big difference!

Secondly, there were many books in existence that were being called scripture at the time E.g The Acts of Peter, Gospel of Barnabas etc. All these books fit into your definition of scripture? If your answer is no, why not? If it is yes, then why dont you use them?

Don't add what God did not add and you can't take out what He did not..if through God's 'inspiration' any book does not make it into the bible, it is not the work of any man but God Himself
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Don't add what God did not add and you can't take out what He did not..if through God's 'inspiration' any book does not make it into the bible, it is not the work of any man but God Himself

Where did God say "if any book does not make it into the Bible, it's God's work?"

Where did God even mention "Bible?"
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

Where did God say "if any book does not make it into the Bible, it's God's work?"

I believe the book, God exalts His word above His name. He guides this truth, God was not mentioned in the entire Book Of Esther but His presence was ever present. Asking me where God mentioned bible isn't relevant to me, what matters is the faith I have in this word and God's providence
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe the book, God exalts His word above His name. He guides this truth, God was not mentioned in the entire Book Of Esther but His presence was ever present. Asking me where God mentioned bible isn't relevant to me, what matters is the faith I have in this word and God's providence
O boy hope you know that it isn't God that organised those 56 books into the bible. It was assembled by human beings.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

bros you are a really smart "argumentator". See how you switched from attack to defence. Kudos. cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

bros you are a really smart "argumentator". See how you switched from defense to attack. Kudos. cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
olire: O boy hope you know that it isn't God that organised those 56 books into the bible. It was assembled by human beings.

Of course, it was God inspired. Christ told Peter, you will deny me three times before dawn, Peter was not a robot, yet he did deny Christ three times. God has a way of making men do what He wants without pushing them at the back of their head and without making them robots.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
olire: bros you are a really smart "argumentator". See how you switched from defense to attack. Kudos. cheesy

He is not smart at all, he is only playing the attack game cos he can't defend his belief when the questions come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If Evolution Was True! / Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.