Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,981 members, 7,828,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (7100 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe the book, God exalts His word above His name. He guides this truth, God was not mentioned in the entire Book Of Esther but His presence was ever present. Asking me where God mentioned bible isn't relevant to me, what matters is the faith I have in this word and God's providence

shdemidemi:

He is not smart at all, he is only playing the attack game cos he can't defend his belief when the questions come.

When you malign Catholics, you tell us to show you where what we believe is spelt out in the Bible. Now the Catholic is asking you the same thing and you are running from pillar to post.

When I said Mary was my mother, you said "show me from scripture."

Now you say "if any book doesnt make it into the Bible, it's God's work."

And I say 'show me from scripture.'

If it is wrong to adopt your method, then it means your method is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
olire: bros you are a really smart "argumentator". See how you switched from defense to attack. Kudos. cheesy

Thank you.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

When you malign Catholics, you tell us to show you where what we believe is spelt out in the Bible. Now the Catholic is asking you the same thing and you are running from pillar to post.

When I said Mary was my mother, you said "show me from scripture."

Now you say "if any book doesnt make it into the Bible, it's God's work."

And I say 'show me from scripture.'

If it is wrong to adopt your method, then it means your method is wrong.

Don't just tell me catholic, rather say roman catholic. I say what God has done concerning is word is of God, you are comparing it to calling Mary your mother. use your head
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by SalC: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe the book, God exalts His word above His name. He guides this truth, God was not mentioned in the entire Book Of Esther but His presence was ever present. Asking me where God mentioned bible isn't relevant to me, what matters is the faith I have in this word and God's providence
Let's just pray this doesn't make a mess of most of your debates on this forum.

So it doesn't matter to you whether a thing is mentioned in the bible or not. It doesn't even matter if the bible is mentioned or not?

What matters is the faith you have in the word.

Take note of the above post and apply it to other people's believe.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sal C: Let's just pray this doesn't make a mess of most of your debates on this forum.

So it doesn't matter to you whether a thing is mentioned in the bible or not. It doesn't even matter if the bible is mentioned or not?

What matters is the faith you have in the word.

Take note of the above post and apply it to other people's believe.

The difference between this faith and any other belief is that God calls you into it, you don't come in to the faith by accident. This is the only faith that guarantees your salvation as soon as you believe, no religion can tell you that. This is also the only faith that says what would happen 6000 years after.

I believe the book 100% without caring who collated/printed it. What matters to me is the content of the book.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Don't just tell me catholic, rather say roman catholic. I say what God has done concerning is word is of God, you are comparing it to calling Mary your mother. use your head

If you cannot prove you beliefs with scripture, dont ask another person to prove theirs with scripture.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

The difference between this faith and any other belief is that God calls you into it, you don't come in to the faith by accident. It is the only faith that guarantees your salvation as soon as you believe, no religion can tell you that. This is also the only faith that says what would happen 6000 years after.

I believe the book 100% without caring who collated/printed it. What matters to me is the content of the book.

@ Sal C, what is this guy saying?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

If you cannot prove you beliefs with scripture, dont ask another person to prove theirs with scripture.

Did I ever tell you I have a problem with my belief. If you like make a statue of your pope, what as that got to do with me. As long as you don't propagate the garbage.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
How is it garbage to make a statue of the Pope?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo: How is it garbage to make a statue of the Pope?

how is it not garbage?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
I dont know. You are the one making allegations and accusations.

It is not a sin to ask you to prove them, is it?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by SalC: 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

@ Sal C, what is this guy saying?
I think he's a bit confused, he has lost track of what he was trying to prove.

What he's now proving to us is that in some situation what he believes becomes more important even though it is not in the bible.

All I care is that he does thesame when dealing with others' belief.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo: I dont know. You are the one making allegations and accusations.

It is not a sin to ask you to prove them, is it?
ok, whatever reason you want to give for worshipping Mary is not biblical..period. If you think it is, show me why you think so.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by SalC: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

The difference between this faith and any other belief is that God calls you into it, you don't come in to the faith by accident. This is the only faith that guarantees your salvation as soon as you believe, no religion can tell you that. This is also the only faith that says what would happen 6000 years after.

Maybe you will have to defined faith.

Is faith limited to christianity?

God called you into faith, how?

Don't forget that people in other religion equally have faith.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sal C: I think he's a bit confused, he has lost track of what he was trying to prove.

What he's now proving to us is that in some situation what he believes becomes more important even though it is not in the bible.

All I care is that he does thesame when dealing with others' belief.

I really do not know what you are on about, if you present your concerns more clearly, we might be able to communicate.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:
ok, whatever reason you want to give for worshipping Mary is not biblical..period. If you think it is, show me why you think so.

All 1.2billion Catholics agree with you. It is not biblical to worship Mary. It is an abomination. So I have nothing to show you.

Do you mind showing me where your earlier statements are found in the Bible?

So that we can be sure that you really believe that all Christian beliefs must be stated in Bible.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sal C: Maybe you will have to defined faith.

Is faith limited to christianity?

God called you into faith, how?

Don't forget that people in other religion equally have faith.

Faith is simply trusting God through Christ...If FAITH comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, is it then possible to have FAITH if the content isn’t God?

I do not believe, talking about the INFALLIBILITY OF SCRIPTURES, that, from one cover to the other, there is any mistake of any sort in it, either upon natural or physical science, or upon history or anything.

I am prepared to believe WHATEVER it says, and to take it believing it to be the Word of God; for if it is not all true, it is not worth ANYTHING to me. It may be to the man/woman who is so wise that he can pick out the true from the false; but I am such a fool that I could not do that.

If I do not have a guide that is infallible, I will soon guide myself, for I will have to do so after all; I will have to be correcting the blunders of my guide perpetually, but I am not qualified to do that, and so I am worse off than if I didn’t have any guide at all.

There is a doctrine of election in the scripture. I believe the doctrine of election, because I am quite sure that if God had not chosen me I should never have chosen him; and I am sure he chose me before I was born, or else he never would have chosen me afterwards; and he must have elected me for reasons unknown to me, for I never could find any reason in myself why he should have looked upon me with special love.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

All 1.2billion Catholics agree with you. It is not biblical to worship Mary. It is an abomination. So I have nothing to show you.

Do you mind showing me where your earlier statements are found in the Bible?

So that we can be sure that you really believe that all Christian beliefs must be stated in Bible.

If bowing before an image is not worship, 1.2 billion of you must have a vale covering your hearts. Show me where the bible tells you to make the image of Mary, then we can talk.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by SalC: 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
@ shdemidemi You are the one who has been pestering Italo to proof this and that for you from the scriture, but when he demanded thesame from you turned round and started telling us it doesn't matter.

Maybe if you can show us where God said he inspired the gospel of Luke and John in the bible, you will then ask Italo to proof whatever he said from the scriptures.

Do you now get me?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sal C: @ shdemidemi You are the one who has been pestering Italo to proof this and that for you from the scriture, but when he demanded thesame from you turned round and started telling us it doesn't matter.

Maybe if you can show us where God said he inspired the gospel of Luke and John in the bible, you will then ask Italo to proof whatever he said from the scriptures.

Do you now get me?

It is only God that calls those things that are not as if they were. If God spoke through Paul to say al scriptures are breathed by God. I believe it totally.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I really do not know what you are on about, if you present your concerns more clearly, we might be able to communicate.

He's saying, you said you dont care whether your beliefs are written in the Bible, it is only your faith that matters to you.

So why not apply that to other people's beliefs. Why do you insist that their beliefs must be based on scripture, not just their faith?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by SalC: 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Faith is simply trusting God through Christ...If FAITH comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, is it then possible to have FAITH if the content isn’t God?

I do not believe, talking about the INFALLIBILITY OF SCRIPTURES, that, from one cover to the other, there is any mistake of any sort in it, either upon natural or physical science, or upon history or anything.

I am prepared to believe WHATEVER it says, and to take it believing it to be the Word of God; for if it is not all true, it is not worth ANYTHING to me. It may be to the man/woman who is so wise that he can pick out the true from the false; but I am such a fool that I could not do that.

If I do not have a guide that is infallible, I will soon guide myself, for I will have to do so after all; I will have to be correcting the blunders of my guide perpetually, but I am not qualified to do that, and so I am worse off than if I didn’t have any guide at all.

There is a doctrine of election in the scripture. I believe the doctrine of election, because I am quite sure that if God had not chosen me I should never have chosen him; and I am sure he chose me before I was born, or else he never would have chosen me afterwards; and he must have elected me for reasons unknown to me, for I never could find any reason in myself why he should have looked upon me with special love.
Is this your definition of faith from the dictionary, bible or your personal definition.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sal C: Is this your definition of faith from the dictionary, bible or your personal definition.

That is what faith is,if you are not happy with that definition you can define yours. I don't need to check the dictionary meaning.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by SalC: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

It is only God that calls those things that are not as if they were. If God spoke through Paul to say al scriptures are breathed by God. I believe it totally.
Take note of this "all scripture".

When Paul penned down the above, some books of the bible as we have them today are yet to be written, and some books that were in circulation then didn't make it to the bible.

So he did not say any book in the bible is inspired by God.

*I believe the books of the bible are inspired but not because of what you quoted up there.*

What Paul wrote there can actually be applied in so many cases.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by SalC: 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

That is what faith is,if you are not happy with that definition you can define yours. I don't need to check the dictionary meaning.
That your definition of faith is just what you want faith to mean to you. But you know too well that faith is not only meant for christians.

It goes beyond that.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

So you believe the Gospel of Barnabas?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sal C: Is this your definition of faith from the dictionary, bible or your personal definition.

LMAO
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

So you believe the Gospel of Barnabas?

Do you?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
Not as scripture. You?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo: Not as scripture. You?
same here
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
Why dont you believe it as scripture?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo: Why dont you believe it as scripture?

Probably the same reason as you, why don't you believe it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.