Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (7086 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you so blinded by your religion that you refuse to see?

8 For I tell you that Christ (the Messiah) became a servant and a minister to the circumcised (the Jews) in order to show God’s truthfulness and honesty by confirming (verifying) the promises [given] to our fathers,

Christ was talking to Israel and the promise to Israel stands even until today. But, the promise to the church(faith alone) is even better.

Was Jesus talking about "earthly sphere of God's kingdom" in that verse?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
benalvino:

which i said... am not confused.... why should anyone honour her was referring to Roman catholics that honour her more than anything....

First of all, do you agree that God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit honoured Mary?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo:

Was Jesus talking about "earthly sphere of God's kingdom" in that verse?

He was talking about the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo:

First of all, do you agree that God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit honoured Mary?

Lol, you want to kick start this rubbish again,I am watching you.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by benalvino(m): 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo:

didnt i say the bible command us to honour our father and mother? the point am giving the way mary is honour is worship not honouring... and they worship her with image which is complete idolatry. how can people bow to a molded image?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
benalvino:

didnt i say the bible command us to honour our father and mother? the point am giving the way mary is honour is worship not honouring... and they worship her with image which is complete idolatry. how can people bow to a molded image?

Yes or no?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Is that kingdom of heaven "earthly sphere" as you call it?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Syncan(m): 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Which of them are the gentiles citizens of in eph2:19-21.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo:

Is that kingdom of heaven "earthly sphere" as you call it?

Yes it is on earth

The world shall come to an end but the earth remains

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
Syncan:

Which of them are the gentiles citizens of in eph2:19-21.

Rephrase your question
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Syncan(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Rephrase your question

"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the [a] saints, and are of God’s household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy [b] temple in the Lord,"

Paul called these gentiles citizens. I ask, of which kingdom, heaven or God's.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Dnaz(m): 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
benalvino:

the ppl of Israel also used image n bowed before it (ark of covenant)
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Syncan:

"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the [a] saints, and are of God’s household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,"

Paul called these gentiles citizens. I ask, of which kingdom, heaven or God's.

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through t[b]he Spirit

Never ignore the spirit part, we became children of Abraham through faith ( spiritual) not by flesh.

28 So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

There is rapture before tribulation.. Believers of the gospel of Christ will never go through tribulation, but they will be back on earth with christ to judge Israel.

During tribulation, you will not find anything like the body of Christ or righteousness by faith alone. Israel would have to work to be righteous + faith , the gospel of the disciples would become handy at this point cos the people under grace through Christ would have been caught up with Christ.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by benalvino(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
Dnaz:

the ppl of Israel also used image n bowed before it (ark of covenant)

which people of israel? what did the bible tell you that is? let me help you... it says its idolatry
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Syncan(m): 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
Dearest brethren reading this thread,I need your help, please kindly go through my posts above and take note of my questions to Shdemidemi. I need someone to translate his answers to something simpler to understand pleeeaaase!
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
Syncan: Dearest brethren reading this thread,I need your help, please kindly go through my posts above and take note of my questions to Shdemidemi. I need someone to translate his answers to something simpler to understand pleeeaaase!

Guess I lost you there, forget about all that for now.

please forget denominations and tradition, this issue of making images for Mary shouldn't be an issue if we personally study.

I'm out of here.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Syncan: Dearest brethren reading this thread,I need your help, please kindly go through my posts above and take note of my questions to Shdemidemi. I need someone to translate his answers to something simpler to understand pleeeaaase!

No one can. Even people like Boomark are amazed at his confusion.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo:

No one can. Even people like Boomark are amazed at his confusion.

Did he say that to you ? Speak for yourself liar..
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did he say that to you ? Speak for yourself liar..

I am not the one who lied that there are two different gospels.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by shdemidemi(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo:

I am not the one who lied that there are two different gospels.

You are a victim of ignorance..Keep talking, someday you`ll say something intelligent.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are a victim of ignorance..Keep talking, someday you`ll say something intelligent.

Your opinion.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Franklinus: 7:36am On Jun 10, 2015
FOR Catholics in the house and any one who is interested I invite you to read and comment on my blogposts...tell me what you think...we could have meaningful conversations and learn more about our Christian and Catholic faith. I invite those still in whatever form of doubt to log in to the credoexperience..com and ask your questions..... thanks as you do so...here is my latest post http://credoexperience..com/2015/06/the-holy-mass-forepatterned.html?m=1

Also here is my reply to the Rev.Chris OKOTIE http://credoexperience..com/2013/12/chris-okotie-i-challenge-you-my-reply.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OPINION: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? / Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? / Your Wish Before The World Comes To An End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.