Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59657 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;"
(1 Timothy 2:9).

Christian dressing addressed here.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You are rather now a freethinker who has stopped hearing the Master's whistle.

I am a freelance Christian who decided to follow Jesus and stop following cults like deeperlife.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Ashmark(m): 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by odagu1863: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
alexleo:

Ok dear I ll give answers to you when am free later. Like I said, ignore frosbel and his series of long posts. He will not be there on the judgment day to defend you after deceiving you here. It is Jesus that saved you and he ministered to you through a message that frosbel has been condemning here. God has a way of putting false teachers to shame and your case is a classic example. Beware of frosbel and his deceits. In your OP you said you want the truth no matter how bitter it will be. Now its God who put that desire in your heart because he knows that the truth about what you asked will be bitter. The answers you ve gotten from frosbel are sweet answers that any prosti.tute will even find easy to adopt to without being saved. And you can see how he is busy pushing long posts to you and accusing churches just to convince and confuse you. Pls mark the characteristics of a deceitful man and avoid him. Nobody is talking about any church here except him, the accuser of the brethren. God bless you.
you are truly saying d fact!
Heaven or hell is for us to choose.@frosbel you shud as a christian always create a notuceable demarcation between u and unbelivers.kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bottom line is be moderate in all you do, do not wear the attire of a harlot and do not make up like one, rather do everything for the glory of GOD and as you are led by the spirit.

Do not implement what MEN including me tell you , follow the leading of the spirit.

If your motives are pure and it results in modest dress which includes make-up etc, there is no problem at all.

In 1 Timothy 2:9-15,Paul was making 3 points :

1. Looking good outside is not a true reflection of who you are , the same can be said for the opposite of this statement.

I have met some people who do not put on make-up but they are 100% agents of Satan , I have also some people who put on light make up and dress decently but are the most loving , kind and wonderful people to be around , example my wife cheesy

2 . Do not be extravagant, wearing gold or diamond all over , having outlandish hairstyles to attract members of the opposite sex.

3. Let the real you be a godly conduct from a clean and pure heart.

Modesty is thre key word.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-GLIwNfvdDms/UExHeSNCmqI/AAAAAAAAAb8/N2Wd6_JKQYc/s1600/business-formal-dress-code-women-pant-suit.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by JewelDiamond(f): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
1Timothy 2 verse 9;In like manner also,that women adorn themselves in modest apparel,with shame facedness and sobriety;not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array
10;But which becometh women professing godliness with good works.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
odagu1863:
you are truly saying d fact!
Heaven or hell is for us to choose.@frosbel you shud as a christian always create a notuceable demarcation between u and unbelivers.kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥?

You do not choose heaven or hell, you choose life or death.

Deuteronomy 30:19
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]Nice one!!!This is what is killing people these days!listening to pastors etal.'Pastor should I use tissue or water for my bum'...
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omar22(m): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
Female Preachers

Paula White
Joyce Meyer
Joni Lamb
Juanita Bynum

I believe they are all wearing make-up, Necklace, Trousers etc......

God wants a relationship with us and he doesnt have a fashion police

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by CodeHouse: 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.
But i really need the pastors in the house to address this issue concerning Make-ups! All i want here is the truth about it, i dont care how bitter it might sound to me...am ready to accept the truth.
Is the Bible against too much of wearing of Make-ups?
What about when the Make-up is just little and mild? Is it still a sin?
Or is it better not to wear one at all?
And 2ndly, do u think fixing of attachements is a sin too? Cause honestly i have a scanty long hair, and it usually looks unkempt when am without weavon or attachements.

Please i need answers.

Having such a thought is an indication that your inner spirit does not concur with it...Just yesterday, my girl friend decided to do away with make up, trousers, attachments and the likes and honestly I am cool with it. When you add an attachment to your hair, you explicitly tell God (ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE) that he didn't create you completely, that he made a mistake or so stupid not to have given you that long hair that you so cherish so much when you see others, especially "The Whites"...Ladies just have to be very careful, do not allow things as little as make-up take you to hell..Looking good should be done with moderation in mind, We hear stories of those who through the spirit of God, were taken to HELL and they say so much about how fashion is misleading people...Why Would you want to add hair to your head, or have a tatoo, or do things that are not in line with God's words?

Just live normal and make heaven, the Bible warns abot the accuser of the bretheren, (THE DEVIL), who continually looks for whom to devour...MY SINCERE ADVICE: DO AWAY WITH ALL OF THAT AND ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO HELP YOU, THE BOOK OF JAMES SAYS: "God is willing to give wisdom to anyone who desires and asks for it" and Be Warned: For there are ways that seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof is destruction - The Bible

Remain Rapturable!!!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=CodeHouse]

We hear stories of those who through the spirit of God, were taken to HELL and they say so much about how fashion is misleading people...Why Would you want to add hair to your head, or have a tatoo, or do things that are not in line with God's words?

Please don't insult GOD as per the bolded.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
alexleo:

Ok dear I ll give answers to you when am free later. Like I said, ignore frosbel and his series of long posts. He will not be there on the judgment day to defend you after deceiving you here. It is Jesus that saved you and he ministered to you through a message that frosbel has been condemning here. God has a way of putting false teachers to shame and your case is a classic example. Beware of frosbel and his deceits. In your OP you said you want the truth no matter how bitter it will be. Now its God who put that desire in your heart because he knows that the truth about what you asked will be bitter. The answers you ve gotten from frosbel are sweet answers that any prosti.tute will even find easy to adopt to without being saved. And you can see how he is busy pushing long posts to you and accusing churches just to convince and confuse you. Pls mark the characteristics of a deceitful man and avoid him. Nobody is talking about any church here except him, the accuser of the brethren. God bless you.

People like you are what is wrong with xtianity. There's nothing wrong with all frosbel has written. Xtianity is a PERSONAL walk with God, not rules manufactured by the personality cults called churches today. Read your bible, pray to God and his holy spirit to guide you as you study. DO NOT FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURED RULES OF MEN PREVALENT IN TODAY'S SO CALLED CHURCHES.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by landinfo: 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]
these are the pastors @frosbel anointed by GOD (Romans 1:18-32) TO LEAD SOULz to HELL
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by critique101(f): 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
Guys, don't be deceived. What we call sexy these days are actually sinful/lustful. Be it tube gown, spaghetti straps, bikini, bum shorts, mini dresses and skirts. If you die wearing any of these, na hell you go enter! Also BAbes who take birth control pills. Some of those pills prevent implantaation of fertilised eggs. I want all of you to go through your lifestyle. Stop any sinful thing you r doing cos you can never tell when your time will come. Fornication is another common sin. Beware!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by CodeHouse: 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel: Please don't insult GOD as per the bolded.

Hello God's Spirit = The Holy Spirit, you should understand, when one say's the spirit of God!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by sexyfire911(f): 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Wat is dis one saying?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Theblessed(f): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
[size=16pt]Too, bad!!![/size]
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Willzkid(m): 9:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Deeper life ladies plait their hair, and 1peter 3:3 says no to it, ola, alexleo?...anyone?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by landinfo: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
bokohalal: If you were abroad (North America or Western Europe) my sister, you go put on pants (trousers).
bro u lie cos even in the West there are sistas who dress well without trouser or makeup...GOD will use them to judge us dat @ africa
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by critique101(f): 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal: I dnt go to deeperlife and likes,and i once wore trousers,makeups till the day i had a revalation

What revelation
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by landinfo: 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
Cele-pope:
Those people on this thread speaking against putting on trouser are really damn funny.Why not ask yourselves the place of various cultures ranging from Africans that do tie rapper or the Scottish people that do put on skirt?Before the colonialist came with christianity Africans both male and female do tie rapper.Funny enough if these various church sects see a man on rapper they tag it as sin.That is ignorance at the highest order.My Uncle a staunch Deeper lifer in Nigeria that always criticize wearing of trouser by women nobody advised him and his wife when they relocated to Canada.The wife and the kids now wear trouser.Those criticizing it wait till you relocate to these cold regions nobody will tell you to adjust your brainwashed head
that is 4 ur uncle BUT KNOW THAT there are others who relocated to even colder region (russia, ukraine) & are sti in their moderate dressing without trousers or makeup...ur uncle's wife & children are wearing what they longed 4 #simple

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Theblessed(f): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
[size=16pt]Hey, Lady!

The Bible did not say you should not enhance the beauty God has given you - it did not say so.

Rather, to do things in moderation - it has a lot to do with the following:

a)Make-ups - being heavily Made-up by some women group in the Church who thinks that being heavily made-up like a Theatre Actress would lure the suitors to their bedrooms - that is, Strange Fire in the Church.

b)Idol worshipping - there are many ways we Christian idol worship yet, we claim we are no idol worshippers but we are.

When, a woman could no longer leave her house without make-up on - people, I think there is problem here and that problem is, she is idol worshipping i.e. serving another god than the Almighty God. She is serving Make-up, her god!

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (Exodus Chpt.20 v.3)

Making up has become an addiction to her thus, her god.

So, search your hearts people.
[/size]
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

As much as your inside reflects your outside, being trendy with modesty does not lead anyone astray. Stop being a legalist, the only thing that qualifies you for God's glory is your belief in the death and resurrection of Christ. No one is judged by the way they dress. Go and study jo.

Trendy and modesty .....

Oxymoron?

Juxtaposition?

I think we should let the others decide for themselves.

Also how do the words trendy and modesty end up as legalism in you thinking?

You are truly Greek to the bone, argument for argument sake, just love hearing yourself talk.

But for the Jew there must be closure.

You have been warned, lawlessness is death.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by JuicyGee(f): 9:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Least we forget, keeping a grudge or not forgiving dos who offend us is a sin. So tell me, say yu dnt wear trousers, yu dnt make-up nd yu keep grudges, its still hell you wuld end up.. Bottom line! Do what God says is right and not what ur pastor says its right. I'm not much of a preacher, buh dats jus my 2cent
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
@SpicyMimi,
Let me start by giving you my brief testimony. I attend a church that preach against make up and wearing of trouser but i hated that message at my early age in the church. I loved to see women wear trouser and make up. Before i married i always said that my wife must not dress like my church people. I was in the church but was doing my own thing because i hate doing something i am not convinced about and i can be so stubborn to reject it. Whatever i am convinced about I can also be so stubborn to stand by it. I listened to sermons of other penticostal churches and how they justified wearing of make up and trouser and this continued to strengthen my likeness for it. When i married, i told my wife that she will be wearing trousers(modestly), make her hair(modestly) and all that for me and of course she agreed. One thing i discovered as time went on was that each time i took out time to go so deep in personal prayer, I lose interest in those things after that prayer. This happens effortlessly and i ll be very ok with the loss of interest and will continue feeling that way for days or weeks. Then as time goes on, distractions here and there, i begin to lose the spirit and when finally he seems to have gone out of me i see my self gradually getting interested in those things again until when next i ll be able to go into that deep prayer( i mean having a serious time with God and consecrating my life to him whole heartedly). Same thing was also happening to my wife at different times too. One day we just told ourselves the truth that if what we were doing was right why is it that whenever we go into serious prayer and consecration we lose interest in it. Having told ourselves the truth we decided to sustain our prayer habit but we didnt decide to quit on what she puts on rather as we continued to consecrate ourselves in prayer we lost the interest totally till today. My friends were surprised at this and thought it wont last but years have come and gone and we do not give a damn. Note that we are doing it whole heartedly, not out of compulsion or church doctrine as my erring friend frosbel wants you to believe. Infact i told my wife one of such days that if she wasnt convinced of stopping the thing she could continue until she is convinced and i saw that she was even more convinced than i thought after that discussion. Today, I see those things and i dont get impressed about them at all. When i see my erring friend frosbel talking about my church caging me i just laugh at him because my church people knows how stubborn i can be to any teaching am not convinced about. I wonder how they will laugh at frosbel's comment about me. I have my convictions about this and i really love and appreciate my wife's natural look more than all those nonsense things. What are they making up? God's deficiencies of course? Am not part it. God's work is perfect so no room for make up.

Moreover, God hates when we use our body unnaturally. In Romans 1:26, 27.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

My sister, simply looking at this bible portion above you will know that turning our body against nature is not right in the sight of God. Our body remains the temple of the living God. This flesh is too demanding but we have to be careful not to yield to the evil desires of it. It is very easy for anybody to get scriptural quotations to back up his selfish desires but i tell you; what you should be more interested in is how God sees what you are doing. If God sees it wrongly and all the people here tells you that its right, at the end of the day you stand before God in shame. And you know what that means. Nobody here will answer for you on the judgment day. Dont be carried away with some people here who are quoting scriptures anyhow, satan also quoted scriptures when he tempted Jesus. Remember he always told Jesus- IT IS WRITTEN. pls be very wise. Go into deep consecration in prayer and God will guide you aright. The problem we have today in our Christianity is that we dont devote time to consecrate ourselves to God in serious personal prayers. Everybody is so busy with the things of life, including me, but i pray God to revive us. If we yield ourselves to him, the spirit of God will take absolute charge of us and guide us aright. AMEN.

5 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by DECOtech(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: , bt when its just little....i dont feel any guilt.

Then, just wear it only a little.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by macjurek(m): 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please Kindly Read the following Bible Verses Carefully, Remain Blessed......

Jeremiah 4 Verse 30 and Deuteronomy 22 Verse 5.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
Nairaland=info:

that is 4 ur uncle BUT KNOW THAT there are others who relocated to even colder region (russia, ukraine) & are sti in their moderate dressing without trousers or makeup...ur uncle's wife & children are wearing what they longed 4 #simple

I have someone like that too and she is not wearing trousers. God bless you.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SailorXY: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
omar22: Female Preachers

Paula White
Joyce Meyer
Joni Lamb
Juanita Bynum

I believe they are all wearing make-up, Necklace, Trousers etc......

God wants a relationship with us and he doesnt have a fashion police
& that is your yardstick of holiness? SMH

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by epmmiks: 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dear FOSBEL

If u want to look like a Jazebel u are free but desist from that. Adorn urself with beauty that with time will not fade. A Meek and a quite spirit. As a lady u talk too harsly, meaning ur salvation experience is stale. How can u call churches cults, who art thou to judge another man's servant. Throw away those kpangolo and water colour and look like
Mary instead of Herod's wife. God bless u

another falsely manufactured lie from 'HELL'.

This is precisely why deeperlife and Apostolic faith churches are cults , they use the fear of HELL to threaten young and mostly gullible believers into conformance.

what has the wearing of earrings or light make-up got to do with salvation ?

Pharisaical religious fanatics, that's what you all are, and I say this out of love for your own good.

smiley[/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
I bought my pants in the women's section of all the stores I went to, do they still qualify as men's clothing?

Besides, make-up is nothing more than color in the right places, it can't make you beautiful, it shows you how beautiful you really are.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
There really isn't much to go on with regard to women wearing make-up. A lot depends on the motive behind the use of make-up. The principle would be the same as with clothing.

Paul said, "I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments..." (1Tim2:9)

If a woman simply wishes to look nice, and uses make-up in a modest way, I'm not aware of any Scripture that would speak against her doing so. It really comes down to a heart issue.

The down side would be if a woman dressed in a way, and wore make-up in a way so as to allure men sexually. Then it reveals a sinful attitude. The Bible speaks of this in terms of harlotry.

http://www.christianchallenge.org/ask/makeup.shtml

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) / Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.