Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59621 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by shdemidemi(m): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
MostHigh:

Whats wrong with natural hair?

Stop being trendy and tins like that, it is not of the Lord.

Being trendy will lead you astray

Those that are unaturally inclined and treat thier temples like a h*ar house will eventually pay the price

teach your children the difference between consequences and judgment.

As much as your inside reflects your outside, being trendy with modesty does not lead anyone astray. Stop being a legalist, the only thing that qualifies you for God's glory is your belief in the death and resurrection of Christ. No one is judged by the way they dress. Go and study jo.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omar22(m): 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
Esther 2:2
2 Then the king’s attendants, who served him, said, “Let beautiful young virgins be sought for the king. 3 Let the king appoint overseers in all the provinces of his kingdom that they may gather every beautiful young virgin to the citadel of Susa, to the harem, into the custody of Hegai, the king’s eunuch, who is in charge of the women; and let their cosmetics be given them. 4 Then let the young lady who pleases the king be queen in place of Vashti.” And the matter pleased the king, and he did accordingly.

12 Now when the turn of each young lady came to go in to King Ahasuerus, after the end of her twelve months under the regulations for the women—for the days of their beautification were completed as follows: six months with oil of myrrh and six months with spices and the cosmetics for women— 13 the young lady would go in to the king in this way: anything that she [d]desired was given her to take with her from the harem to the king’s palace. 14

And Esther found favour from GOD!!!!

it took a 12 months of preparation just to spend one night with the King

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by trolling(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
zeongeon: According to the book of enoch..and the watchers (angels) saw that men had starting having daughters and their daughters where fair the leader of d watchers said to the others let us go down to earth and have the daughters of men for wives and d watchers left there estates and came down to earth and they where 200 in number and they took for themselves wives from d daughters of men..Azazel one of the angels taught men the art of war; making of swords and knives and shields and coats of mail and taught them to see what's behind them and to the women taught them the art of make up;the use of rouge and the beautifying of the eye brows,jewelries,bracelets and ornaments..amezarak an angel taught conjuring and root cutting,Asradel taught the course of the moon,Temel taught astrology,Amoros taught how to loosening conjurations while kokabel taught signs..from d book of enoch one can see that d advent of cosmetics and makeup started with the falling angels
school them
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by benjaminedicha: 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
Let me sy this point clearly.
The evidence of a ripe orange is on the outside so that the evidence of the christianity in your heart is reflected on your dress,make up and appearance.
So pls..all those Accusers that are preaching wrong message to send souls to hell should stop it.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
bukatyne:

Dear OP,

Remember that salvation is personal and a relationship with God.
God told me not to put on trousers anymore in a dream. If it's general or specific to me, I truly can't say but I am learning to still look good in skirts (it's not easy o!). I really have not seen anywhere in the Bible that talks against trousers sha.

AS for the make up/extension stuff, I believe it's also personal. There is no Bible verse I can genuinely say discourages make up in totality. Excess, yes because as Christians, we are to do everything in moderation but outright makeup, I don't know.

it is best you pray to God to let you know if He wants you to use make ups/ hair extensions or not.

God bless

Thanks so much!!!
@Frosbel, Ola, Alex and others...i really really do appreciate your comments! You guys are really intelligent in ur own dffrt ways, am impressed! smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Sike(m): 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
Let your God judge you. I just hope it wouldn't be too late to make amend.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nwastamin: 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
[b][/b][left][/left]
A-town:

The issue of make-up and trousers is man-made. Same thing with your "attachements".
Do not let anyone lie or deceive you. A lot of things have been twisted by "man"
I doubt GOD will prevent you from entering heaven simply because you had attachements and trousers.
A-town:

The issue of make-up and trousers is man-made. Same thing with your "attachements".
Do not let anyone lie or deceive you. A lot of things have been twisted by "man"
I doubt GOD will prevent you from entering heaven simply because you had attachements and trousers.
A-town:

why do men talk on matters dt only concern women. Man, do u were skirts or jewels or make ups. Hw do u feel on dem. Did God differenciate sex wth those tins. Women u na too get wahala. Wetin no be case, na i una go hold. Na only God go show una mercy.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omar22(m): 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
Can someone tell me or show me where it say women shouldnt wear trousers

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by richiet: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by abukkyia(f): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
smiley
omar22: Can someone tell me or show me where it say women should wear trousers
D̶̲̥̅̊ Bible said let Ūя̲̅ moderation b known unto all men
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SpicyMimi(f): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hmmm.....interesting comments!
I love the fact that the Male folks are contributing more to the topic, even though they dont wear make-ups like the female folks.
You know u men are just sooo lucky! U dont ve to worry about these things. sad

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omar22(m): 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
abukkyia: smileyD̶̲̥̅̊ Bible said let Ūя̲̅ moderation b known unto all men

In the days of Jesus, everyone wore robes. There were no pants or skirts or dresses. Even Jesus wore robes.
So the question about forbidding women from wearing pants based on the bible is a moot question because the bible does not say anything about pants.
We have to look at the intent behind the statements in the bible about cross-gender presentation. There were important reasons to prevent cross-gender presentation in the times of Jesus -
Women presenting as men could be unsafe. She could be killed in a war. She could be treated badly in a scuffle. Likewise, men presenting as women would not receive the rights that men were given above women in society 2000 years ago.
Those are the reasons why the bible talks about not wearing cross-gender clothing.
All clothes are human made. God did not make anybody's clothes and God did not design any gender's clothes. So God really doesn't care what you wear.
The bible tells us things to keep us safe and for the structure of society to be maintained. Religion helped us end barbarianism in the middle-east.
In short, God is not going to punish you and you are not going to hell if you wear cross-gender clothing.
In the modern world, wear whatever you want, but most of the ten commandments are still relevant -
don't worship idols, work hard for 6 days and take Sunday off to pray and be thankful for life, don't murder, don't cheat on your husband/wife, don't steal, don't get your neighbour into trouble for no reason, don't have sexual feelings for someone else's wife/husband.
Most people do not follow the above commandments. The clothing you wear is a non-issue if you look at at the number of times you have violated the above commandments each year.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by burningspear(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
sunnyprof: My take is this:

1. if you use make up and wear trouser till you die and gets to heaven to discover that it is a sin, what will be your fate? (because what Frosbel is saying is like "you must use it else you are missed it"wink

2. If you don't do make up or wear trouser as a lady, and you find that it does not matter in heaven, what did you miss?

3. What is make up? Adding something to correct what is missing? is it? Do you then mean you are not good enough the way God created you or how? What I am sure of is that God wants you to cover your unclothedness. As for make up I don't know.

4. Trouser is western, not African nor jewish nor greek. So as African, why not be the african God made you. Wear African dress. the guy talking of the writers of the Bible should know they are not western also, they are Jewish or greek, so if they were inspired to write these things, are they also against western tradition of wearing trousers?

5. Why do you need make up is what matters, are defective you need to patch that part up? if so then check if God agrees to that too.

6. Normal connotation depicts trouser as a man's dress, even in the western world. Skirt is for women. Some circumstances led to women wearing trousers and the origin of the use of make up is doubtful to be righteous somehow (my thinking), so be careful how you buy into it.

7. I heard all the time Christians say 'as many as are led by the spirit of God are the sons of God'. Have you ever been led by the spirit of God on how you dress? Were you ever led by the spirit of God to put on trouser as a lady anyday(I doubt)nor is there anytime the holy spirit tells you the make up to apply for some reasons? I want to think you may times (often) it happen in the opposite, not what anybody said but what you feel or cool with in your spirit. True?

8. Make your choice based on all these things. May God give you understanding.

@sunnyprof, surely you took these off my keypad!
@Sister Mimi, think about sunnyprof's contribution here, for this is the summary of the whole matter in every aspect and perspective!
God bless you!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by bokohalal(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal:

he made a mistake
He did not make a mistake.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
alexleo:

You are very correct my brother. Anybody following frosbel's teaching is doing so at his own peril. We are not bothered about his series of accusations of churches. Is that not the characteristics of satan whom the bible called the accuser of the brethren. Keep up your good work Ola. You are blessed.

Praise the Lord my brother! We have seen the downfall of satan, glory be to God, glory be to Jesus!

"And he said to them, I beheld satan as lightening fall from heaven"
(Luke 10:18).

May the joy of heaven arm us against the assaults of our spiritual enemies and put our mouths out of taste for those pleasures with which the tempter baits his hooks. in Jesus' name.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by kaeto(m): 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote] if you die this way, you'll join many like you in hell. God's standard CANNOT change because of you and your pastor, accept the truth and let God guide you.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SailorXY: 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
Why is it that the men here don't wear skirts to work? I'm sure you'll be seen as a mad man! Why doesn't it apply to women? Why don't you guys use weave on & attachments or braid hairs? I'm sure the civilized society will see you as barbaric & a thug! Do you think there is a different standard of judgment for the women? And for that guy saying all white women wear trousers, I suggest you lecture yourself on generalization.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omar22(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
During the Biblical era they all wore robes
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

another falsely manufactured lie from 'HELL'.

This is precisely why deeperlife and Apostolic faith churches are cults , they use the fear of HELL to threaten young and mostly gullible believers into conformance.

what has the wearing of earrings or light make-up got to do with salvation ?

Pharisaical religious fanatics, that's what you all are, and I say this out of love for your own good.

smiley
just dont say what u dont kw
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omonikiba(f): 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
@Poster, pray about it, let the Holy Spirit guide you not man, when you are led by the Holy Spirit on dressing you will surely please Him all the days of your life concerning dressing.

I for one don't wear trousers, no earings, no make up except lip glose, I don't pancake my face too, I don't put on revealing cloths, gowns that shake my bombom I dnt purchase, in all of these donts, I don't think anyone ever ever point to me as being shabby in my dressing. I dress cute just to let people know that you can be godly in your dressing.

How can I wear cloths and as I move my bombom is shaking? So uncomfortable to me, or revealing, that the height of it, a christain should be well dressed in all areas, for covering and beauty.

One of my friends, told me of how she travelled to the states, she spent over a mila buying cloths, jewelries, she returned and that was the same month God told her she can't serve Him with jewelries, trousers and all worldly aparels, (she has had this revelation for almost 5times or more, she argued and argued) in the end, she burnt all trousers ( cos she feels show will not want to put another to sin), sold all her gold, oh my God, when you see her now, she is still beautiful and a madam, so these things of the world will pass away with the world, we are heavenly citizen, don't be entangled with the things of the world.

The road to heaven is too narrow to take along worldly stuffs, God will help us all.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
oh brother...for d person(s) who cited Queen Esther and the other who categorically believes that all white ladies wear pants..makeup and aromatherapy are worlds apart..Queen Esther and the other ladies were subjected 2 aromatherapy..oil of myrrh,sweet odours..check out Esther 2 vs 12...interestingly in vs 13, all the other girls desired somethings per adventure jewelry or make up probably to out do themselves..vs 15, when it was Esthers turn,SHE REQUIRED NOTHING...she in that state obtained Grace and favor in the sight of all who looked upon her.She only went in with what the king's chamberlain gave her.Now would a chamberlain who understands the need of his king who hs access to beautifully enchanting nubile damsels be bothered with makeup? Mayb there was something in it that stood her out in the presence of the king..You decide..for the other poster,not every white woman wears pant.
@ op...babygirl,take the advice of the poster who adviced U 2 wait on The Lord 3 days..The Holy Spirit Himself will teach and lead You into all truth all truth...that is where ur conviction lies
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal:

Jezebel was the first woman to wear make up,bad example isnt it

Can you name any other person from the Bible that wore "make-up"?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.
But i really need the pastors in the house to address this issue concerning Make-ups! All i want here is the truth about it, i dont care how bitter it might sound to me...am ready to accept the truth.
Is the Bible against too much of wearing of Make-ups?
What about when the Make-up is just little and mild? Is it still a sin?
Or is it better not to wear one at all?
And 2ndly, do u think fixing of attachements is a sin too? Cause honestly i have a scanty long hair, and it usually looks unkempt when am without weavon or attachements.

Please i need answers.
young lady, its the spirit of God in u that is condemming dat. Just stop anythin dat ur spirit is against. The truth is dat wen u get to heaven u will be judge seperatetly dere will be no excuse like it was on nairaland dat someone advice me dat its good to use make-up and trousers and others. Rememeber what d bible say on dat day man shall say lord lord... But he will tell dem go away from his side... This statement is not for sinners but for people dat claims to be born again,pastors, bshop and great men of God. So pls dont let anyone mislead and take heaven from you.after all dis kind of discaussion is not best here. Its a personal tin. Bible is d best answer to dis or go to a pastor dat doesnt use such in their church and ask him to open d scripture for u dat suppose why dey are not using make-ups and trousers.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

I don't belong to any of the Babylonian cults, I am now a freelancer ,fellowshipping with the children of GOD.

In other words I follow the teachings of Christ and not your MOG idols.

" Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them." - Matthew 23:1-4

smiley

You are rather now a freethinker who has stopped hearing the Master's whistle.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alolatee(m): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
My sister i will agree in a way with those who told you that you should allow the Holy Spirit to lead you,but will like to add.Maskara and the decking of the Eye etc are all condemned in the Bible if you check Ezekiel 23;40-42 talks about it and also Peter wrote about how Women should rather use the inner beuty as the Holy Women of old adorn their body.Moreso,the Bible talks of the fact that that your Hair are numbered.The question is are you able to add a cubit to your Hair composition through your attachment to scatter the numbering of God?Moreover,investigation shows that all these attachments are gotten from Hairs of Woollen Goats and Sheeps in the advanced world of US as example.Question,you are fearfulluy and wonderfully made will you want to resemble animal saying you dont want to be Human again?Heaven is for serious minded undividuals,you had better be serious with your Christianity.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by God2man(m): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
There was a ministration somewhere as narrated by the man of God, people prayed for the Baptism of the Holyghost and they were receiving the baptism but there was a particular woman with a ring on her finger, she could not receive the baptism of the Holyghost because of that ring on her finger, the man of God was confused, immediately after the ring was removed from her finger she received the baptism.

Has anybody in the forum ever watched DIAMOND RING where richard mofe damijo was the father of the boy who stole the diamond ring?

The truth is, anything can be possessed, ring, cloth, trouser, wood, in fact, the whole world is polluted, if you wear a cloth that has been dedicated to an idol or the handkerchief that the herbalist has worked on to perform an evil deed then you are looking for trouble.

Ladies should be careful of second hand materials, it is another way of entering bondage, for example, putting on trouser that belong to demonic prostitute in America is the surest way of entering bondage unknowingnly or consciously.

@op, i would advise you to seek the face of God concerning make-up, it is the best bet against any false doctrine.

God bless you.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alolatee(m): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
My sister i will agree in a way with those who told you that you should allow the Holy Spirit to lead you,but will like to add.Maskara and the decking of the Eye etc are all condemned in the Bible if you check Ezekiel 23;40-42 talks about it and also Peter wrote about how Women should rather use the inner beuty as the Holy Women of old adorn their body.Moreso,the Bible talks of the fact that that your Hair are numbered.The question is are you able to add a cubit to your Hair composition through your attachment to scatter the numbering of God?Moreover,investigation shows that all these attachments are gotten from Hairs of Woollen Goats and Sheeps in the advanced world of US as example.Question,you are fearfulluy and wonderfully made will you want to resemble animal saying you dont want to be Human again?Heaven is for serious minded undividuals,you had better be serious with your Christianity.I could not lay hands on my scriptures to convince you more.But you can read through Isaiah,Jeremiah and Ezekiel.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omar22(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal: Jezebel was the first woman to wear make up,bad example isnt it
this is Dumb,Jezebel was simply the first Woman recorded in the Bible,is it all Women's Stories that are in the Bible??
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alolatee(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
My sister i will agree in a way with those who told you that you should allow the Holy Spirit to lead you,but will like to add.Maskara and the decking of the Eye etc are all condemned in the Bible if you check Ezekiel 23;40-42 talks about it and also Peter wrote about how Women should rather use the inner beuty as the Holy Women of old adorn their body.Moreso,the Bible talks of the fact that that your Hair are numbered.The question is are you able to add a cubit to your Hair composition through your attachment to scatter the numbering of God?Moreover,investigation shows that all these attachments are gotten from Hairs of Woollen Goats and Sheeps in the advanced world of US as example.Question,you are fearfulluy and wonderfully made will you want to resemble animal saying you dont want to be Human again?Heaven is for serious minded undividuals,you had better be serious with your Christianity.I could not lay hands on my scriptures to convince you more.But you can read through Isaiah,Jeremiah and Ezekiel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Reverend Father Burnt In Anambra In Lover’s House Flown Abroad (photo) / Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile / Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.