Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

I Want To Join The British Army - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The British Army (20568 Views)

Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join / The British Deputy High Commission In Lagos Has A Vacancy In The Uk Trade & Inve / How To Join The SSS, Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
stephenponti: Just be ready to fight in Armageddon! As in the army of the beast, that profanes Gods name.

bring it on
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
nijanigga:
Average Nigerian don't care about instructions,that's why the country is in a mess. Not even organizational structure or maintenance culture.
SAYS THE MAN WHOSE NAME IS 'NIJANIGGA'.
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
Tomoarika: @OP follow ur heart. It's not an easy decision to make, i applaud your courage. I have always wanted to join the Royal Navy. Love dat their ceremonial rig (dark blue wit golden insignia). However 2 things have made me give up on dat dream; my only broda has joined d NAF and also i dont want an occupation dat doesnt give me freedom cos i get bored easily. Wish you all d best!

Thanks , its a nobel occupation (British Military)nbut of course some Nigerians as usual, OBADIAH 777 think they are smarter than the rest of us
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Emmy157: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
grin Go joor... Mke unempolyment reduce.
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by yuzedo: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
Julieccentric: Hey Bros..I don begin suspect u oo..r u tryin to create an indirect awareness for your upcoming scam..Cos I can see that you have opened 5 threads for this same topic with thesame line as ur post..

Anyway, me wan join British army but if u be scammer u don miss road.
grin
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
mmark12:

Thanks for your advice, that is all I asked for. instead I get abuses from assholes who are just drones and sycophantS in this discussion, OBADIAH777
ITS CALLED TOUGH LOVE. THATS WHAT YOU NEED. ALL THESE YES-MEN IN THE FORUM APPLAUDING YOU ARE EITHER HUNGRY PEOPLE ( WHO THINK DYING FOR THE BRITISH IS PROSPERITY ) OR CRAZY PEOPLE. NO SANE NIGERIAN WOULD SUPPORT YOUR DECISION

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by dabrake(m): 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
jusRadical:

I think that it is either you are confused or that you don't really know what you want in life. You listed your reasons for your intention to join the British Army with pay (money) as #1 but you turned back to say that you worked with an Oil and Gas Co., you had money but no happiness.

Does it not confused you that happiness (job satisfaction) is not even on your list: pay, travel, and education?
maybe he wants to hold a British gun or he will like to kill some people (especially Muslims)
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
obadiah777: ITS CALLED TOUGH LOVE. THATS WHAT YOU NEED. ALL THESE YES-MEN IN THE FORUM APPLAUDING YOU ARE EITHER HUNGRY PEOPLE ( WHO THINK DYING FOR THE BRITISH IS PROSPERITY ) OR CRAZY PEOPLE. NO SANE NIGERIAN WOULD SUPPORT YOUR DECISION

I appreciate your info. I asked for critical discussion and what individuals though about my decision. If u check my replies, I engage people

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
Good luck, brother.

You should pass the barb exam with ease - it's a reasoning test. Go get it, kick some ar.ses, and help put the "Great" back in "Britain."

I might be out there soon as well as an officer(still thinking about it). wink

If you need any help - shout me.

God save our queen!! cool

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
dabrake:
maybe he wants to hold a British gun or he will like to kill some people (especially Muslims)

I pity your life

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
ShyM-X:
Good luck, brother.

You should pass the barb exam with ease - it's a reasoning test. Go get it, kick some ar.ses, and help put the "Great" back in "Britain."

I might be out there soon as well as an officer(still thinking about it). wink

If you need any help - shout me.

God save our queen!! cool

I have done the barb test, it was easy but you have to be fast.
The interview is formal and they will ask me questions just like in the civilian world . after then the ADSC test
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by GEJTILL2019(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
pls ignore the OP ,he is a scammer.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
horlajide:
My friend forget that thing! When you were singing National anthem and pledge, you didn't know it was reality?
"To serve our Fatherland with....".
"To serve Nigeria with all my strength......"

thats your opnion, if u ask the world population which master they want to serve; Britian or Nigeria. I am sure over 90% will choose Britain. U dont see TENS OF THOUSANDS trying to immigrate to Nigeria do you?, but got to Heathrow. I rest my case
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Skywalker5(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
mmark12: I am planning to join the British Army, I have been invited for an interview in August after passing the Barb Test. I am applying to Information Technology career with Royal Signals.

I want to be join because of
(1) Pay
(2) Travel
(3) Education ( I have masters but want to learn IT skills that will be useful after service)

I am a believer that they is more to life than sittng behind a computer (WORK FOR AN OIL COMPANY BUT NOT HAPPY), while life and events shapes the world.

i belive your reasons are wrong. I will suggest you verify what you saying in regards to IT
1)Pay: they dont pay well. i think its around £18,000 to about £22000.I might be wrong but the last time it was on the news that they were not being look after properly. do you really want to risk your life for that?

2)Travel: can you explain travel? i thought anyone could travel anywhere in the world. Even odinary British citizen can go anywhere

3)Education: Lets the honest, you wont be given access to secured data and their infrastructure. You will be screened and since you have ties with Nigeria and your parents are not British citizens,you cant be security cleared and so you will just be doing basic stuffs. Even after military life, your chances of getting an IT job is slim because you will be working with different devices which business don't use and you know the issue most soiders face when they come back from war. people think there are not psycologically good enough to work in a business environment due to what they have gone through during their jobs as soldiers. You have read how some pubs and bars are refusing to even allow solders in

4) you said "I am a believer that they is more to life than sitting behind a computer" . What do you belive in? You believe that life is about kill or be killed?

There are reason why people are going into the military and i dont think your reasons are good enough. its just my thought

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
GEJTILL2019: pls ignore the OP ,he is a scammer.

Scammer, what do I hope to earn
more info: http://www.army.mod.uk/join/join.aspx

By the way the application is free not like Nigerian army charging u thousands of Naira to serve your country
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
mmark12:

I have done the barb test, it was easy but you have to be fast.
The interview is formal and they will ask me questions just like in the civilian world . after then the ADSC test

Oh ok. Which of the MOD units are you planning to join - the territorial army or the regular army?

Also, are you planning to join as a professional officer (because foreign nationals aren't eligible for normal officer posts)? Or are you planning to join as a cadet or infantry position?
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
Aye, let the brother join the winning team where he'll remembered.

The future of Africa looks bleak, with no hope in sight, tbh.

Most people are tired of the basket-case called, Africa - and the redundant mentality of the people that occupy the place.

Let him ride with the winning team! grin
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
ShyM-X:

Oh ok. Which of the MOD units are you planning to join - the territorial army or the regular army?

Also, are you planning to join as a professional officer (because foreign nationals aren't eligible for normal officer posts)? Or are you planning to join as a cadet or infantry position?

Regular Army
first choice: Royal Signals
Second: Royal Artillery

Soldier Career
Offcier Career require residency of 4 yrs
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
Sky-walker:

i belive your reasons are wrong. I will suggest you verify what you saying in regards to IT
1)Pay: they dont pay well. i think its around £18,000 to about £22000.I might be wrong but the last time it was on the news that they were not being look after properly. do you really want to risk your life for that?

2)Travel: can you explain travel? i thought anyone could travel anywhere in the world. Even odinary British citizen can go anywhere

3)Education: Lets the honest, you wont be given access to secured data and their infrastructure. You will be screened and since you have ties with Nigeria and your parents are not British citizens,you cant be security cleared and so you will just be doing basic stuffs. Even after military life, your chances of getting an IT job is slim because you will be working with different devices which business don't use and you know the issue most soiders face when they come back from war. people think there are not psycologically good enough to work in a business environment due to what they have gone through during their jobs as soldiers. You have read how some pubs and bars are refusing to even allow solders in

4) you said "I am a believer that they is more to life than sitting behind a computer" . What do you belive in? You believe that life is about kill or be killed?

There are reason why people are going into the military and i dont think your reasons are good enough. its just my thought

Thanks for your observation, I do appreciate it

1. Pay: I can accept it

2. Travel: I mean deployment exercises whether across the war. I have accept that I may go to war. I have made peace with that.

3. Education: IT skills, technology skills that you will pay for int he civilian world

4. British Army is a noble occupation, they along royal navy help stop slavery in Africa, defeat the Nazis in WW2. yes they have made great errors like Iraq. I dont believe life is about kill or be killed. The reason we are safe in the UK is that we have men and women are constantly training to defend freedom. Its m belief. their society is a lot lot lot lot better than Nigeria's

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
obadiah777: DENIED VISA ? I WAS BORN IN DU CANE ROAD HOSPITAL HAMMERSMITH.
AND I REPEAT, YOU ARE CRAZY. I KNOW WHAT IT IS. YOU SEE THE ARMY UNIFORM AND YOU LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS AND YOU WANT TO WEAR IT. YOU BETTER GO AND JOIN THE BOY SCOUT. THEY HAVE A GOOD LOOKING UNIFORM TOO AND YOU DONT STAND THE RISK OF GETTING YOUR HEAD BLOWN OFF SMDH

What is the matter OBADIAH777 has cat gotten your tongue, LIAR, JEALOUS, ENVIOUS ****
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2013
mmark12:
Regular Army
first choice: Royal Signals
Second: Royal Artillery

Soldier Career
Offcier Career require residency of 4 yrs

Alright, brother - I wish you all the best. The British Army is about professionalism and I hope you'll maintain that. Also, when you leave the army - you'll be in a more advantageous position when you apply for anything(including professional jobs) than most people. Take advantage of this opportunity and make the best out of it.

Good luck, brother. wink

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by evanstical: 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
op, is it the regular or the Territorials? and do the Territorials go to war?
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
Emmy157: grin Go joor... Mke unempolyment reduce.

UNEMPLOYMENT REDUCE IN NIGERIA, OKAY WAIT FOREVER THAT WAS WHAT THE GENERATIONS IN THE 80S THOUGHT
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by texaco1: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
GEJTILL2019: pls ignore the OP ,he is a scammer.
i totally agree with u ,this op has been posting this shit for the past 3 to 4 days now,this is the second one he posted today

nairaland.com/1331194/british-army-recruitment

i know by now some ppl would have started sending him pm for assistance to join.
nigerians will never learn,if anybody come here to complain of this guy scamming him ,i swear na sango i go take curse that person
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
evanstical: op, is it the regular or the Territorials? and do the Territorials go to war?
REGULAR

REGULAR: FULLTIME
TERRITORAL: PART TIME

BOTH GO TO WAR, THAT IS WHAT THE BRITISH ARMY IS ALL ABOUT, TRAINING FOR WAR
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mastercee(m): 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
Laugh wan kill me die..... So we Non British are the sacrificial Lambs?

kokoye:

Yea ...they need them to be in the frontline of the battle. grin
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
texaco1:
i totally agree with u ,this op has been posting this shit for the past 3 to 4 days now,this is the second one he posted today

i know by now some ppl would have started sending him pm for assistance to join.
nigerians will never learn,if anybody come here to complain of this guy scamming him ,i swear na sango i go take curse that person

Again, let me repeat myself because we Nigerians feel like we are smarter than the rest of the world

more info: http://www.army.mod.uk/join/join.aspx

Application is free of charge. Compare it with the Nigerian Army asking you to pay thousands of Naira to serve your so called country. British Army is free.

Now what do I hope to earn from this OP. pls use your head.
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2013
texaco1:

read the op
DID I ASK FOR MONEY, NO.
DID I ASK FOR ADVICE, YES
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
texaco1:

MAY BE YOU ARE A SCAMMER
I ASK FOR ADVICE AND YOUR HEAD IS ALREADY THINKING ABOUT MONEY
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by texaco1: 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
mmark12:

MAY BE YOU ARE A SCAMMER
I ASK FOR ADVICE AND YOUR HEAD IS ALREADY THINKING ABOUT MONEY
yes my head is thinking about money because i kno that is where u are heading to.if truly u are joining then why all these publicity?
u will not ask for money here but u will ask for money from those that will be contacting u through pms
ur game looks like a travel scam.why have u been posting this same topic on this site for the past 3days ?give us a reason
i know that some deep deep maggot fooooools will have been sending u messages on how u can help them too.smh
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by mmark12(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
texaco1:
yes my head is thinking about money because i kno that is where u are heading to.if truly u are joining then why all these publicity?
u will not ask for money here but u will ask for money from those that will be contacting u through pms
ur game looks like a travel scam.why have u been posting this same topic on this site for the past 3days ?give us a reason

FORGIVE ME BUT ARE U DRUNK
I ASKED FOR ONLY ADVICE NOT MONEY, I CAN AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF
HELLO IS YOUR BRAIN FUCTIONING?, APPLICATION IS FREE
DOES THE WEBSITE LINK LOOK LIKE A SCAM.

NAWA OH
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Ilaje44(m): 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
osundu: he said no insult but kids like u have seen nigerian army as useless which non of ur family members can never join.Atleast de niga forces u claimed die worthless keep ur miserable ass together as a country.

Would you leave the boy alone. Is it not the same useless Nigerian Armed Forces that have made Nigeria a pariah state? Is it not the damned Armed forces that dont respect civil authorities and the laws of the land? Is it not the Nigerian millitary that were raping civilians and playing diamonds baron in Liberia and Sierra Leone? Every institution in Nigeria is rotten and the coupist forces of Nigeria played a very big role in it.

@Topic: Young man, go for your dream. There are lots of people like yourself in the british foreign legion. You will definitely enjoy your adventure. Viel Glück Kamerad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 8 Most Annoying Mistakes In Your CV / N-power: What You Need To Know About The Device To Be Distributed / GT Bank Opened An Account For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.