Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

I Want To Join The British Army - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The British Army (20569 Views)

Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join / The British Deputy High Commission In Lagos Has A Vacancy In The Uk Trade & Inve / How To Join The SSS, Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
chaircover:

I used to work there. I looked at the history and it has been called the Hammersmith Hospital since 1930. I stand to be corrected though
YUP YOU STAND TO BE CORRECTED. ON MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE IT IS CALLED DU CANE ROAD HOSPITAL
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
chaircover:

interesting because the hospital has been called Hammersmith Hospital from after the war. Maybe you were born before the war cheesy
LOL I DEFINITELY WAS BORN BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR IF THATS WHAT YOU MEAN grin grin BUT, AND I REPEAT, ON MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE IT SAYS 'DU CANE ROAD HOSPITAL, HAMMERSMITH'. MAYBE THE REGISTRAR PUT THEIR OWN SPIN TO IT ? I DONT KNOW.
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by texaco1: 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
obadiah777: LOL I DEFINITELY WAS BORN BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR IF THATS WHAT YOU MEAN grin grin BUT, AND I REPEAT, ON MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE IT SAYS 'DU CANE ROAD HOSPITAL, HAMMERSMITH'. MAYBE THE REGISTRAR PUT THEIR OWN SPIN TO IT ? I DONT KNOW.
obadiah i beg spin another one ,dis one no enter line.
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
texaco1:
obadiah i beg spin another one ,dis one no enter line.
LOL
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by claremont(m): 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
eyejae: YOU ARE HIGHLY LIKELY TO BE DEPLOYED TO THE FRONT LINE as a so called common wealth citizen. You are aware of this, but are willing to take the risk.

This is an ignorant assertion with all due respect.

The British Army treats all soldiers equally regardless of colour or creed, some people might even argue that it positively discriminates in favour of soldiers from the ethic minorities. A commonwealth citizen is not treated any differently from others when it comes to deployments in trouble-spots. On the contrary, most commonwealth citizens are actually more keen to volunteer to deploy as compared to their British-born counterparts because of the perceived rewards of deployments.
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by eyejae(m): 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
claremont:

This is an ignorant assertion with all due respect.

The British Army treats all soldiers equally regardless of colour or creed, some people might even argue that it positively discriminates in favour of soldiers from the ethic minorities. A commonwealth citizen is not treated any differently from others when it comes to deployments in trouble-spots. On the contrary, most commonwealth citizens are actually more keen to volunteer to deploy as compared to their British-born counterparts because of the perceived rewards of deployments.

I know British soldiers originally from Zimbabwe, Ghana, Gambia, and Nigeria. They are always all deployed to the frontline, and live in constant expectation of death. They tell me how fortunate I am to feel relatively certain I will live the full day.

1 of them was killed in action, but don’t know the fate of the others as I haven’t been in touch for a couple years now.

Even a female doctor Zimbabwean narrowly escaped death, but with injuries, when her base in Iraq was shelled in 2009. I still have close contact with her.

Also, despite their academic qualifications, they do not get the same senior/officer opportunities as the British citizens. Maybe what they tell me is false, so you have to do your own investigations.

However, I know a Nigerian who’s currently at the Falklands, so you’re probably right that it’s not always the case, hence my use of the word ‘likely’.

This Nigerian is well educated to Master’s level, but his experiences in the British army have been humiliating. Again this is some1 I know very well, as he invited me to his wedding last month.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The British Army by cityhood: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2013
mr mark call me 08169446319 it a gud job.as am intrsted in joining it.but wht are they sayin online form about
The name adress,fone number,email but i dnt have anybody in the u.k,to put on the sponsor colum on the form plz how cn u asist me.
And again whts the berb test?
Plz xpting to here frm you.
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by cityhood: 10:47am On Jul 07, 2013
epting to hear..frm the posters .08169446319
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
mmark12:

you have a problem with that?

absolutely not
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by cityhood: 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
hv aproblm with the colum .in thee form u.k sponsor
Fone number
Adress
Hv filld the form just that colum kindly hlp as for me.amfullu reddy to join.
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Skodrran(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2023
Hello mr claremont.

Ive been observing you comments regarding british army recruitments for common wealth citizens for a while.

Would love to ask you some questions, coz I'm wanting to ply this route
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by claremont(m): 12:46am On Jan 29, 2023
Skodrran:
Hello mr claremont.

Ive been observing you comments regarding british army recruitments for common wealth citizens for a while.

Would love to ask you some questions, coz I'm wanting to ply this route

https://www.army.mod.uk/people/joining-the-army/joining-as-a-non-uk-national/
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Skodrran(m): 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Be78: 7:44am On Jan 31, 2023
Skodrran:

Omo!! I'll keep checking

Thx boss
I keep trying to register but it refuse to submit. What could be d cause
Re: I Want To Join The British Army by Skodrran(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
Be78:

I keep trying to register but it refuse to submit. What could be d cause

They are not recruiting currently, best bet is to get there and apply in person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 8 Most Annoying Mistakes In Your CV / N-power: What You Need To Know About The Device To Be Distributed / GT Bank Opened An Account For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.