Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (14030 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Listening To Worldly Music,worldly Jokes And Movies Is An Abomination To GOD / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

Do you know there is no amalgamating the old and the new, like you said it was a shadow of what is to come. Everything in the old was pointing us to Christ , Christ has come, he has also given us a gospel that has the power of God unto salvation. Why do you have to go all the way back to do what Joshua or Israel did and as far as making images to reverence?
please go and research the meaning of shadow

1 Like

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: please go and research the meaning of shadow
Thank you my bro..these guys are shallow diggers.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
Bidam: Thank you my bro..these guys are shallow diggers.

Are you one of the idol worshipers?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
@ boomark and shdemidemi, u guys re wonderful in scriptures and I luv u guys for dat.
@italo and sync, why do u catholics luv beating around d bush when captured in a tight coner? Or,is it becos of d so called delusion? It is a pity dat d bible u ve been bragging of being compiled by ur church/fathers is now strange to u and ur cohorts to understand. otherwise, where is d scriptural backing of ur idle worship,rosary, worshiping of saints?
Another question is can u tell/show us in d bible where jesus introduced d hail mary prayer or dat mary is d right person to intercede for us (humans) I mentiond jesus becos he is d father of christianity we re suppose to follow his foot steps and not dat of roman empire. D same jesus said dat he is d only way 2 d father dat no one comes to d father except through him.
Pls can u and ur cohorts answer dis question witout beating around d bush dis time?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
ekenedegreat: @ boomark and shdemidemi, u guys re wonderful in scriptures and I luv u guys for dat.
@italo and sync, why do u catholics luv beating around d bush when captured in a tight coner? Or,is it becos of d so called delusion? It is a pity dat d bible u ve been bragging of being compiled by ur church/fathers is now strange to u and ur cohorts to understand. otherwise, where is d scriptural backing of ur idle worship,rosary, worshiping of saints?
Another question is can u tell/show us in d bible where jesus introduced d hail mary prayer or dat mary is d right person to intercede for us (humans) I mentiond jesus becos he is d father of christianity we re suppose to follow his foot steps and not dat of roman empire. D same jesus said dat he is d only way 2 d father dat no one comes to d father except through him.
Pls can u and ur cohorts answer dis question witout beating around d bush dis time?

I will answer your question to prove one thing to you. You will be the one to beat around the bush very soon.

Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus introduce the 'Hail Mary' prayer but God sent his Angel to tell Mary: Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you. And God inspired Elizabeth to say: blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.

Also, nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say "Mary is the right person to intercede for us." But the Bible tells us to pray for one another...and that he who believes in God will never die...and the all generations will call Mary blessed. If she were in hell, we wouldnt call her blessed so she's in alive in heaven and prays for us.

Now can you show me in the Bible where Jesus said "Bible" or "read your Bible" or "do not practise anything that is not explicitly stated by me in the Bible."

*make tori no too long o...and make e dey straight to the point*
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
^^^^Na today?NEPA don take light for im side.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by peteregwu(m): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG5-RSevDBI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I HAVE LISTENEND TO THE TEACHINGS FROM BISHOP FULTON SHEEN.

Now let me summarise the the teaching of that Bishop. Because I believe some catholic faithfuls will not understand.

BISHOP FULTON SHEEN said, "who is on the cross? The new Adam, who is beneath the cross, the new eve(referring to Mary). This a consummation of marriage." marriage on what ground? To give birth to who? The church or what? God forforbid! That is a lie. The bible says, 1 Corinthians 12:27 KJV "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular."

Mary was never a spouce to God or Jesus in any way. Mary is a believer in Christ and part of the body of Christ just like all born again are and the desciples are too. Nothing like Mary being the new eve is written in the bible. Don't be fooled. Romans 12:5 KJV.
"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another."
1 Corinthians 12:12-14 KJV
"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. [13] For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. [14] For the body is not one member, but many."

BISHOP FULTON SHEEN said, "their is no question of inferiority and superiority between Jesus and Mary", which means by his own interpretations that Jesus and Mary is equal. Philippians 2:5-6, 9-11 KJV.
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: [6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: [9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Oh my God! Where in the bible did he get that from? John 1:1-4 KJV. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

The only thing he quoted from was a quote from a university professor. This is just ignorance. So the professor's quote is greater than the bible? Where is the bible quotations, where is the word that makes Jesus(God ) who He is.

BISHOP FULTON SHEEN said, "young girls are like Mary and that the young men should make themselves pure for her and be devoted to her."

now, this is another abominable teaching to swear allegiance to Mary. Oh my Lord Jesus, This is bible prophecy being fulfilled. "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: [12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 KJV.

Even in the place where Jesus turned water into wine, Mary came to Jesus that they have no wine. But Jesus declared to Mary, "woman",in other words, no one can test of dictate to the Lord no matter who you are; a pastor, pope, evangelist, prophets or angels. No one can command the Lord or put Him to test. Jesus does things according to His will because He is God. John 2:4-5 KJV
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. [5] His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it."

Who is that thing or that creature that can equal his/herself with Jesus(God)? That person will die and be cast into hell fire and be tormented by unquenchable fire.

BISHOP FULTON SHEEN said, "Mary was the dream, spouse and symbol of the church."

Hahaha...can't just stop laughing. This another lie. Jesus is the head and symbol of the church and not mary. Ephesians 5:23 KJV
"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body."
Can't imagine this happening, that their is a so called church or man that will preach heresy and people are fooled and listening to him. "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: [18] And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. [19] For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;" Colossians 1:15, 18-19 KJV.

BISHOP FULTON SHEEN said, that "people should keep the rosary and pray with it and put it on the status of Mary in their homes." He said, "if you want to win anyone, you should pray to her(mary status)."

This is a clear teaching supporting idolatory which is an abomination to God.
"I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. [3] Thou shalt have no other gods before me. [4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: [5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"
Exodus 20:2-5 KJV.

BISHOP FULTON SHEEN
concluded that, "lovely lady dress in blue, the little God ask her am just a little boy, teach me how to pray."

this is just unfortunate for those listening to him and being deceived. Where in the bible was Mary teaching Jesus to pray, rather it is the other way round. "And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. [2] And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. [3] Give us day by day our daily bread. [4] And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil." Luke 11:1-4 KJV.

Now i feel so many are also being deceived. You cant read your bible and ask the holy spirit to teach u. You have been entangled by false teaching and have been held in bondage by their teachings. You can not leave the catholic because you are like the Christmas goat tied and well fed waiting to be slaughtered on the Christmas day. For you to have listened to this and not find any fault, heresy, or lies in the bishop teachings. Then it goes to show how deep you are in the bondage of the devil. You are already heading to hell fire. If you don't give up on catholic and their demonic teachings, repent and accept Jesus alone as your Lord and personal saviour. Am sorry the Lord will hold u guilty. Remember their is no excuse on the day of judgement.

I keep saying this and will keep saying it. Anyone that dies as a catholic without renouncing her ungodly teachings and doctrines, such person will end up in hell fire because he or she never repented of his idolatry, and worship of mary, and believing Satan. 2 Corinthians 6:15-18 KJV
"And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

Remember some claim that catholic don't worship status. Now, i believe that bishop has confirmed it. You think I just have hatred for catholic and that I don't know what I was saying all along. You want to cover up for catholic teachings right? Well the bible says, "the light shines in darkness and the darkness comprehended it not." You want to cover up for catholic teachings right? Well the bible says, "the light shines in darkness and the darkness comprehended it not." if you have the light, you will know what is in darkness. And if you are in darkness, you can never know what is in the light.

BISHOP FULTON SHEEN said, "someone entered heaven without God knowing, when the Lord saw the person, He asked peter, who opened the door for him? Then peter replied, Lord it is your mother (Mary) that opens the door for him."

What a slap on God. Now Mary has become " the heaven door opener." that bishop is teaching antichrist gospel.

BISHOP FULTON SHEEN
that, "their is always a window for us to enter heaven."

John 10:1-5, 7 KJV
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. [2] But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. [3] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. [5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. [7] Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep."

I have said enough!

Revelation 1:3 KJV
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy(word of God), and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2013
LIAR!

You havent shown us where the Archbishop said Mary is equal to Jesus and should be worshipped.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 7:58am On Jul 15, 2013
And if you want to fill the thread with a million words that go on to prove that you are lying, let me help you.

The Blessed Virgin Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ, the mother of God.

In general, the theology and history of Mary the Mother of God follow the chronological order of their respective sources, i.e. the Old Testament, the New Testament, the early Christian and Jewish witnesses.

Mary prophesied in the Old Testament

The Old Testament refers to Our Blessed Lady both in its prophecies and its types or figures.

Genesis 3:15

The first prophecy referring to Mary is found in the very opening chapters of the Book of Genesis (3:15): "I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed; she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel." This rendering appears to differ in two respects from the original Hebrew text:

(1) First, the Hebrew text employs the same verb for the two renderings "she shall crush" and "thou shalt lie in wait"; the Septuagint renders the verb both times by terein, to lie in wait; Aquila, Symmachus, the Syriac and the Samaritan translators, interpret the Hebrew verb by expressions which mean to crush, to bruise; the Itala renders the terein employed in the Septuagint by the Latin "servare", to guard; St. Jerome [1] maintains that the Hebrew verb has the meaning of "crushing" or "bruising" rather than of "lying in wait", "guarding". Still in his own work, which became the Latin Vulgate, the saint employs the verb "to crush" (conterere) in the first place, and "to lie in wait" (insidiari) in the second. Hence the punishment inflicted on the serpent and the serpent's retaliation are expressed by the same verb: but the wound of the serpent is mortal, since it affects his head, while the wound inflicted by the serpent is not mortal, being inflicted on the heel.

(2) The second point of difference between the Hebrew text and our version concerns the agent who is to inflict the mortal wound on the serpent: our version agrees with the present Vulgate text in reading "she" (ipsa) which refers to the woman, while the Hebrew text reads hu' (autos, ipse) which refers to the seed of the woman. According to our version, and the Vulgate reading, the woman herself will win the victory; according to the Hebrew text, she will be victorious through her seed. In this sense does the Bull "Ineffabilis" ascribe the victory to Our Blessed Lady. The reading "she" (ipsa) is neither an intentional corruption of the original text, nor is it an accidental error; it is rather an explanatory version expressing explicitly the fact of Our Lady's part in the victory over the serpent, which is contained implicitly in the Hebrew original. The strength of the Christian tradition as to Mary's share in this victory may be inferred from the retention of "she" in St. Jerome's version in spite of his acquaintance with the original text and with the reading "he" (ipse) in the old Latin version.

As it is quite commonly admitted that the Divine judgment is directed not so much against the serpent as against the originator of sin, the seed of the serpent denotes the followers of the serpent, the "brood of vipers", the "generation of vipers", those whose father is the Devil, the children of evil, imitando, non nascendo (Augustine). [2] One may be tempted to understand the seed of the woman in a similar collective sense, embracing all who are born of God. But seed not only may denote a particular person, but has such a meaning usually, if the context allows it. St. Paul (Galatians 3:16) gives this explanation of the word "seed" as it occurs in the patriarchal promises: "To Abraham were the promises made and to his seed. He saith not, and to his seeds, as of many; but as of one, and to his seed, which is Christ". Finally the expression "the woman" in the clause "I will put enmities between thee and the woman" is a literal version of the Hebrew text. The Hebrew Grammar of Gesenius-Kautzsch [3] establishes the rule: Peculiar to the Hebrew is the use of the article in order to indicate a person or thing, not yet known and not yet to be more clearly described, either as present or as to be taken into account under the contextual conditions. Since our indefinite article serves this purpose, we may translate: "I will put enmities between you and a woman". Hence the prophecy promises a woman, Our Blessed Lady, who will be the enemy of the serpent to a marked degree; besides, the same woman will be victorious over the Devil, at least through her offspring. The completeness of the victory is emphasized by the contextual phrase "earth shall thou eat", which is according to Winckler [4] a common old-oriental expression denoting the deepest humiliation [5].

www.newadvent.org

To be contd...

Tell me when you are tired.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2013
@peteregwu

How could you be so blinded by hatred that you twist the words of a man of God. So eager you are to prove him wrong,like the pharisee to Jesus, that you fail to see what is in the scriptures. Jesus coming to redeem us started with the fall of Adam and eve.

Error 1.You said, "Nothing like Mary being the new eve is written in the bible". Yet it was clear that "and Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man (Gen2:23.)

God said thus: "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel".(Gen3:15)

In all the prophecies of the birth of Christ, it started with a virgin giving birth. This same seed in Gen3:15 is recognized by the church as Christ and the woman is recognized as Mary His mother. That's why St. Paul called Christ the new Adam.
"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit".(1cor15:45) Oh, you didn't know this before did you? Now what did the new Adam do? He continued to let his hearers know that his mother is the "Woman" of Gen3:15, and He the seed, by his continued insistence on the word "Woman" each time He addresses her. Some have claimed that it was disrespect on Jesus part, but that is Impossible. He calls her "woman because she is the "Woman" and He is the seed. She is the new Eve and He is the new Adam.

The first Eve came from the First Adam, The New Adam came from the new Eve.

Error 2.You said, "which means by his own interpretations that Jesus and Mary is equal".

Where on earth did he say this! Imagine how you erroneously interpreted his statement, imagine what you have been doing to scriptures (2pet3:16). Why should someone be talking about Inferiority and superiority between God and Man. Jesus is God who took flesh, Mary is man who God chose to give Him flesh. Why will you start comparing who is superior and Inferior, there is absolutely no basis for that.

Error 3. You said,"this is another abominable teaching to swear allegiance to Mary"

Where in that video did he say the above! Did you even listen to his testimony? He called living people, verifiable testimony, why not take down the names he mentioned and Google them. He said Mary is a model to girls, she is what girls should be like, that is, pure,humble,righteous and disposed to do God's will and other virtues shown by her. He said boys and girls should be "devoted" to her. Do you even have the faintest Idea what devotion is?

Still coming out with more..stay tuned.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2013
Boomark:

Are you one of the idol worshipers?
Have you lost your sense of reasoning? Stick to post,what do you understand by the word shadow.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
Bidam: Have you lost your sense of reasoning? Stick to post,what do you understand by the word shadow.
thank you bidam, why is it that people won't make research about the covenant. The old covenant is a shadow of the new covenant, if you want to know why many principles of the old covenant is still active in the new covenant, please learn the meaning of the word 'shadow' in that context.

Unless you learn the meaning of the shadow and its relation to the reality, then you will never understand what the new covenant have in relation to the old.
Peace.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
Bidam: Have you lost your sense of reasoning? Stick to post,what do you understand by the word shadow.

What does shadow mean in this context please?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
In continuation with my earlier submission o peteregwu, how is it that in your quest to fault the renowned man of God, a great preacher of the gospel, and a shining light of faith and moral in the history of his American generation, you failed to appreciate a wonderful sermon. A sermon that exulted our Lord Jesus Christ in a most sublime of way,did you hear him call Jesus "heaven"? No you didn't, you were looking for fault. He said as a child, when Jesus was in Mary's arms, she was carrying heaven.It means that with Jesus in her arms,there is nothing else in this world she needs, for heaven was there in her hands,God was there in her hands, Emmanuel.Praise the Lord!

Error 4. You said, "Hahaha...can't just stop laughing. This another lie. Jesus is the head and symbol of the church and not mary".

Why do you laugh at your ignorance, do you know how low it makes you look? You quoted (Eph5:23)"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body". Is the husband a symbol of the wife? Is a man a symbol of a woman? If Christ is the head of the church as the husband is to the wife. Please read Rev 12 to understand the Inspired preacher.
More so He talked about Mary under three titles, A dream, A mother, A spouse. If you diligently consider the passages alluded to Mary in the bible, from Gen3:15 to Rev12. You must understand in the context of his speech (which is filled with explanation and illustrations using scripture),that you've come across her under those headings.

Error 5.You said,"lovely lady dress in blue, the little God ask her am just a little boy, teach me how to pray. this is just unfortunate for those listening to him and being deceived. Where in the bible was Mary teaching Jesus to pray, rather it is the other way round"

Please where did the lie in bold come from, hell?

The Archbishop was just reciting a poem by Mary Dixon Thayer, this goes thus:

Lovely Lady dressed in blue -------Teach me how to pray! God was just your little boy, Tell me what to say! (stanza 1)

Did you lift Him up, sometimes, Gently on your knee? Did you sing to Him the way Mother does to me? (stanza 2)

Did you hold His hand at night? Did you ever try Telling stories of the world? O! And did He cry?(stanza 3)

Do you really think He cares If I tell Him things ------- Little things that happen? And Do the Angels' wings(stanza 4)

Make a noise? And can He hear Me if I speak low? Does He understand me now? Tell me -------for you know.(stanza 5)

Lovely Lady dressed in blue ------- Teach me how to pray! God was just your little boy, And you know the way.(stanza 6)

If you had your way, you would have rewritten scripture just to deny this "Woman" of her privileges. Did you ever come across this passage "And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart" (Lk2:51). Did you see that? It said that, "God with us", was subject to them! Alleluia. You think they did not have a mother child relationship? Your proud and conceited mind cannot fathom that? He is God! It is His choice! who He raises, no man can pull down!

"For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed"

Stay tuned...

1 Like

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by peteregwu(m): 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
italo: And if you want to fill the thread with a million words that go on to prove that you are lying, let me help you.

The Blessed Virgin Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ, the mother of God.

In general, the theology and history of Mary the Mother of God follow the chronological order of their respective sources, i.e. the Old Testament, the New Testament, the early Christian and Jewish witnesses.

Mary prophesied in the Old Testament

The Old Testament refers to Our Blessed Lady both in its prophecies and its types or figures.

Genesis 3:15

The first prophecy referring to Mary is found in the very opening chapters of the Book of Genesis (3:15): "I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed; she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel." This rendering appears to differ in two respects from the original Hebrew text:

(1) First, the Hebrew text employs the same verb for the two renderings "she shall crush" and "thou shalt lie in wait"; the Septuagint renders the verb both times by terein, to lie in wait; Aquila, Symmachus, the Syriac and the Samaritan translators, interpret the Hebrew verb by expressions which mean to crush, to bruise; the Itala renders the terein employed in the Septuagint by the Latin "servare", to guard; St. Jerome [1] maintains that the Hebrew verb has the meaning of "crushing" or "bruising" rather than of "lying in wait", "guarding". Still in his own work, which became the Latin Vulgate, the saint employs the verb "to crush" (conterere) in the first place, and "to lie in wait" (insidiari) in the second. Hence the punishment inflicted on the serpent and the serpent's retaliation are expressed by the same verb: but the wound of the serpent is mortal, since it affects his head, while the wound inflicted by the serpent is not mortal, being inflicted on the heel.

(2) The second point of difference between the Hebrew text and our version concerns the agent who is to inflict the mortal wound on the serpent: our version agrees with the present Vulgate text in reading "she" (ipsa) which refers to the woman, while the Hebrew text reads hu' (autos, ipse) which refers to the seed of the woman. According to our version, and the Vulgate reading, the woman herself will win the victory; according to the Hebrew text, she will be victorious through her seed. In this sense does the Bull "Ineffabilis" ascribe the victory to Our Blessed Lady. The reading "she" (ipsa) is neither an intentional corruption of the original text, nor is it an accidental error; it is rather an explanatory version expressing explicitly the fact of Our Lady's part in the victory over the serpent, which is contained implicitly in the Hebrew original. The strength of the Christian tradition as to Mary's share in this victory may be inferred from the retention of "she" in St. Jerome's version in spite of his acquaintance with the original text and with the reading "he" (ipse) in the old Latin version.

As it is quite commonly admitted that the Divine judgment is directed not so much against the serpent as against the originator of sin, the seed of the serpent denotes the followers of the serpent, the "brood of vipers", the "generation of vipers", those whose father is the Devil, the children of evil, imitando, non nascendo (Augustine). [2] One may be tempted to understand the seed of the woman in a similar collective sense, embracing all who are born of God. But seed not only may denote a particular person, but has such a meaning usually, if the context allows it. St. Paul (Galatians 3:16) gives this explanation of the word "seed" as it occurs in the patriarchal promises: "To Abraham were the promises made and to his seed. He saith not, and to his seeds, as of many; but as of one, and to his seed, which is Christ". Finally the expression "the woman" in the clause "I will put enmities between thee and the woman" is a literal version of the Hebrew text. The Hebrew Grammar of Gesenius-Kautzsch [3] establishes the rule: Peculiar to the Hebrew is the use of the article in order to indicate a person or thing, not yet known and not yet to be more clearly described, either as present or as to be taken into account under the contextual conditions. Since our indefinite article serves this purpose, we may translate: "I will put enmities between you and a woman". Hence the prophecy promises a woman, Our Blessed Lady, who will be the enemy of the serpent to a marked degree; besides, the same woman will be victorious over the Devil, at least through her offspring. The completeness of the victory is emphasized by the contextual phrase "earth shall thou eat", which is according to Winckler [4] a common old-oriental expression denoting the deepest humiliation [5].

www.newadvent.org

To be contd...

Tell me when you are tired.

Thebwordbof God is not by grammar, it is the power of God unto salvation. You are just bothering yourselve. With all this your confused explanation.

The seed of the woman being referred to is Jesus and His death on the cross.

Galatians 3:16 KJV
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Jesus Christ is the seed and not some kind of devils remnant.

Am done.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
peteregwu:

Thebwordbof God is not by grammar, it is the power of God unto salvation. You are just bothering yourselve. With all this your confused explanation.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Am done.
who is the woman? That should be the question you both agree that JESUS is the seed, so who is the woman?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Nobody: 3:05am On Jul 16, 2013
Imagine someone trying to discredit the servant of God archbishop John Fulton sheen one of the pioneers of televangelism in the world today and one of the greaters evangelists of the last century.

That man far towers above your pastor Lazarus muoka in all ramifications !! Do live with that.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by SalC: 3:26am On Jul 16, 2013
peteregwu:

Am done.
Instead of discrediting Italo's write up, You just proved him right.

But then if Jesus is the 'Seed', Who is the woman.

No lengthy post pls.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2013
^^^Na today? As usual, NEPA don take light for im side.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by dokie: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Syncan: @peteregwu

How could you be so blinded by hatred that you twist the words of a man of God. So eager you are to prove him wrong,like the pharisee to Jesus, that you fail to see what is in the scriptures. Jesus coming to redeem us started with the fall of Adam and eve.

Error 1.You said, "Nothing like Mary being the new eve is written in the bible". Yet it was clear that "and Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man (Gen2:23.)

God said thus: "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel".(Gen3:15)

In all the prophecies of the birth of Christ, it started with a virgin giving birth. This same seed in Gen3:15 is recognized by the church as Christ and the woman is recognized as Mary His mother. That's why St. Paul called Christ the new Adam.
"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit".(1cor15:45) Oh, you didn't know this before did you? Now what did the new Adam do? He continued to let his hearers know that his mother is the "Woman" of Gen3:15, and He the seed, by his continued insistence on the word "Woman" each time He addresses her. Some have claimed that it was disrespect on Jesus part, but that is Impossible. He calls her "woman because she is the "Woman" and He is the seed. She is the new Eve and He is the new Adam.

The first Eve came from the First Adam, The New Adam came from the new Eve.

Error 2.You said, "which means by his own interpretations that Jesus and Mary is equal".

Where on earth did he say this! Imagine how you erroneously interpreted his statement, imagine what you have been doing to scriptures (2pet3:16). Why should someone be talking about Inferiority and superiority between God and Man. Jesus is God who took flesh, Mary is man who God chose to give Him flesh. Why will you start comparing who is superior and Inferior, there is absolutely no basis for that.

Error 3. You said,"this is another abominable teaching to swear allegiance to Mary"

Where in that video did he say the above! Did you even listen to his testimony? He called living people, verifiable testimony, why not take down the names he mentioned and Google them. He said Mary is a model to girls, she is what girls should be like, that is, pure,humble,righteous and disposed to do God's will and other virtues shown by her. He said boys and girls should be "devoted" to her. Do you even have the faintest Idea what devotion is?

Still coming out with more..stay tuned.

Syncan, i am encouraged.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
dokie:

Syncan, i am encouraged.

By?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
dokie:

Syncan, i am encouraged.

To God be the glory! I am encouraged too.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by sirfemoz(m): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
ekenedegreat: @ boomark and shdemidemi, u guys re wonderful in scriptures and I luv u guys for dat.
I still wonder why some people will go to the market and use their money to buy head ache. To those that are making arguments here, whether for or against catholic (because i believe that's the objective of the writer; he hates catholic) are all right. But let the truth be told, Catholic church has been there before our great ancestors. I wonder why we the children will not seek to know the history of something before condemning it. Just because some group of people have brain washed some of us here to there own belief.. we now condemn others?. Catholic church might have its flaws, but i strongly believe its still the best cultured church on earth. Because of the vast population and political power of catholic church on earth, other minor churches are struggling to paint it bad; which i believe is out of greed and jealousy. We are all struggling to make heaven, lets concentrate all our effort in getting there on the last day. Don't judge, its only God knows which church that has genuine intention.. Lets keep praying, your church is not better than mine, likewise, mine is not better that yours.. we are all praying and seeking for salvation from God.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

By?

Imagine you, why am I not surprised that you've gained nothing in this religious section, oh, I forgot, you are the "good teacher". Only the truth shall set you free!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
Syncan:

Imagine you, why am I not surprised that you've gained nothing in this religious section, oh, I forgot, you are the "good teacher". Only the truth shall set you free!

What is actually there to be gained my friend? tell me in few words, if you can.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

What is actually there to be gained my friend? tell me in few words, if you can.

Exactly my point "good teacher", you already know them all.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly my point "good teacher", you already know them all.

Your opinion..

You do not know what the gospel to the church is, yet you are desiring the office of a teacher whom I can learn from. Your postulated beliefs can not do it, it can only be done by the power of God through the gospel of Jesus which of course you have failed to come to terms with,
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Syncan(m): 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

Your opinion..

You do not know what the gospel to the church is, yet you are desiring the office of a teacher whom I can learn from. Your postulated beliefs can not do it, it can only be done by the power of God through the gospel of Jesus which of course you have failed to come to terms with,

Why are you confusing me na, dear shdemidemi, I thought you said its Pauls gospel (as I am a gentile), why is it Jesus own now, am I now a jew?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
Syncan:

Why are you confusing me na, dear shdemidemi, I thought you said its Pauls gospel (as I am a gentile), why is it Jesus own now, am I now a jew?

Paul calls this gospel- the gospel of God, my gospel, the gospel of Christ- the only name you might never see him call it is the gospel of the kingdom.

Didn't mean to confuse you friend.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

Your opinion..

Which gospel of which Jesus?

Last time I checked, you believed there were TWO gospels and TWO Jesus Christs.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
[quote author=italo][/quote]

It is all about dispensations bro... Read about a man called apollos in the book of Acts 18

24 Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus. 25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John.

This man was so good but what was he missing, the gospel of grace given to Paul by Christ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? / Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists. / Is Kissing Before Marriage A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.