Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263839 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Basileze1: 9:41am On Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for the number Spyder880, will give u a call when I'm out. However, I would like to know the possibilities and cost of converting a 4 bedroom bungalow(not roofed)to a duplex. It has been built to roofing level though.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by akereconfi: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2013
EveryBody Spydee spydee....... Can I visit ur Construction site @ Spydee....cos am currently in PH now. Lemme see things for myself
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by peaceland(m): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2013
Good morning sir; good morning class;
sorry for coming late sir; it was traffic but I'm here now sir!
-bounced someone from front row and settled down-
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MEGAWATCH: 10:23am On Jun 27, 2013
@spider,how much will it cost to build a morden two stoery building in Aba. Pls email me on chi_abaa@yahoo.com
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by plasgidy: 10:26am On Jun 27, 2013
akereconfi: EveryBody Spydee spydee....... Can I visit ur Construction site @ Spydee....cos am currently in PH now. Lemme see things for myself

mr you are going too far, wait on line here the guy will post all the pictures and cost, do you know abt privacy atall? his client may not want to see strangers on his site for ovious reason

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by stsoul(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2013
Well if this true, i will give you one in lagos kindly contact me on stsoul2001@yahoo.com

spyder880: Now this is the site, on this spot will a mansion grow in 60 days time, I am excited already, join me in this interesting ride as I bring to you, all the "behind the scenes" movements grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kenny1911: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2013
spyder880: I love building houses, and the attendant challenges that will inevitably come with it. I love making things happen, and working with skilled men to use materials in creating beautiful designs that will make a superb home. I have just been contracted by a Nairalander to build his house in Port Harcourt. The details are as follows;

Project: A 5 bedroom executive duplex
Client : A Nairalander
Duration: 60 days
Project cost: N8.8m (Foundation-roofing, materials and labour)
Contractor: Ckenneths Homes Nig.

This project will start this week as we arrange to travel down to the city and start work. This house comes with all the latest designs in modern building, granite, decent room arrangement with bigger bedrooms, internal plumbing and electricals, special parapet cornice, stone coated roofing tiles, everything.......

@Poster, i have plans of starting by 4 bedroom bungalow (all en-suite) when the rains subsides in PH. I have done the architectural drawings but pending approval because of this political wahala in Obio Akpor LGA in PH. Pls i ll want you to assist me with the building estimates at different levels. I would not mind if you can post your email address to enable me send d drawings to you.

i wouldnt mind using you for the project. Pls i'm waiting for your response.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Od31(m): 11:04am On Jun 27, 2013
spydee411: Did you say 8.8million Naira for a detached house. The budget it not feasible my brother! That money can barely get u to decking not to talk of roofing or plastering

Na wah oh, if them give you 8.8m, you will spend all only from foundation to decking and come say money don finished because na port harcourt. Na wah oh. Make una wait for him to finished, 8.8m is a lot of money, for foundation to roofing alone it is possible may just small adjustment. Since he has his guys from Enugu to work with him, he will save some money, Labour in PH is expensive.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by otokx(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2013
Good morning great people, what is the latest?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by waja(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2013
What kind of roof do you intend to cover the house?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Od31(m): 11:32am On Jun 27, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: Amazing! I ve perused through the posts and I can see that the learned ones have spoken,albeit professionally. Few ones too,though might not have a direct authority in the built environment, have helped to set values for post construction evaluations. The eyes are passionately watching!
But let's leave all matter of distractions like wood et all so as to focus on the project at hand.

Certainly,we have not been furnished with enough information to conclude on this project's feasibility or otherwise.

TIME,COST and QUALITY are variables that can only be ascertained to be OK only when interpreted alongside the Project Documents( drawings, specifications)

A 5 bedroom duplex does not necessarily mean 'a mansion'. A 3 Bedroom detached Bungalow might actually be more luxurious than a portable duplex.The designs(architectural,structural and services) make d whole lot of difference here!

Being a duplex necessarily doesn't meant the First Floor slab spans all through the entire building.
There might actually be a 'big' void somewhere. Just saying! I believe the 8.8m is a fair deal if it is not another Asari Dokubo's PH mansion!

Project Duration -60 days. That isn't too short. I'm sure the versatile spyder will multi-task. The major challenge is allowing the curing of first floor concrete which ordinarily should take 24 days but usually not observed. Before the stage,no resting. The critical path sets in here.

SAFETY FIRST- There is no challenge in such a time-conscious work more than ensuring structural safety.
@ Oga Spyder, pls just get the optimum ( not lowest pls) cost on your concrete works and you would ve been a success we always known u for.

U re inspirational. Wish u the best and good profit....

Very well said my brother! Spyder has been an inspiration with vast experience! there are no more Obio-akpo boys! once you have the LG approval. But Spyder make sure your client has started the State Approval process, they call it MOT approval, and also see MOT task force people, because the MOT approval takes time to come out. Thereafter you have no problem. Best of Luck Spyder! You have a target dont let all most of the comments here discourage you. It is a possible achievement. We will all learn from it.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Emperoh(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
Present Sir!!

I came late sir but i have caught up to date with lesson notes
Please don't punish me sir! grin grin

[size=5pt]whispering violently[/size] Fhemmy shift for me joo. . . . i can't sit at the back grin grin
This is Prof Spyder's class oo

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MrEverest(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Well done Mr Spyder, I must confess that I have been following your threads judiciously and to say that I am impressed would be putting it mildly. I am very much interested in this particular trade because I'm considering erecting a house either now or in the near future, who knows, you might be the one to execute it.
Please I would like you to give me an estimate of what it will cost me to build a 30 room self contained student hostel, on a plot of land(though it is not complete as it measures 48 by 85 due to assess road that was carved out of it)somewhere in Imo state.
My questions are; 1, Is the land big enough to contain a 30 room self contained rooms?
2, What is the estimate of the cost, from foundation to roofing and plastering?

These posers are for me to know if I am financially ready to begin it, because I don't want a white elephant project on my hand or to abandon it halfway.

Thanks for the anticipated reply!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mecussey(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
Now let us see how 8.8m can do this...if it does it, then you are getting another contract. I am thinking you are one those who would attract someone and subtly get him to bring more. Before he will know what is going on, he has already spent twice what you quoted. Can you get the owner to join the thread?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by bugmenot: 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
A lot of people don't realize that what Spyder is trying to build with 8.8m is the carcass of the building more or less. I have no doubt that he will go a very long way especially as he is not doing a raft foundation. Like someone mentioned earlier, lots of people are preyed upon by people in whose hands they leave their construction projects.

Oga Spyder, biko jisi ike. Your contributions towards reducing homelessness in Nigeria are not going unnoticed. Continue to perform realistic miracles, my brother. Funny thing is that lots of people who think what you are trying to achieve is impossible do not doubt the magic performed at the pulpit in the name of miracles. grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by drolaniyi: 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
Spyderman, nice work! Am interested in building a twin bungalow of 3 bedroom each(all ensuit) in eleme axis of Port harcourt. Can u forward your contact details to olaobaju77@yahoo.ca , so we can communicate. Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by touchmehard: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
Welldone Mr. Spyder. I wish you great success.
Please update us with pictures regularly.

There's dignity in labour.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by amiskurie(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
I don port!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
babestell: Am suspecting this op and this thread.

Suspecting him of what?
You sure dont know Spyder . . .
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
jusRadical: Please mr spyder I would like you to explain to us how you would construct a duplex (one storey building) in 60 days.

Do you know about concrete curing and loading of concrete? Do you know the minimum duration in-situ concrete will cure before it is loaded? Unless you are using pre-cast concrete.

My friend be realistic. Unless you are part of the folks that construct unstable structures.

Money would make that one possible with ease, most project stalls cos of funding . . .
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by InvertedHammer: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
jusRadical: Please mr spyder I would like you to explain to us how you would construct a duplex (one storey building) in 60 days.

Do you know about concrete curing and loading of concrete? Do you know the minimum duration in-situ concrete will cure before it is loaded? Unless you are using pre-cast concrete.

My friend be realistic. Unless you are part of the folks that construct unstable structures.

Concrete curing..in-situ concrete...I can tell that you are one of those that build on paper. Leave textbooks out of this and come to real world---where textbooks matter a little.

My people have a saying that " ka mmiri maa block putara na ego agwugo " (a builder that says he is waiting for curing of concrete by rain is indirectly telling you that he/she has run out of money)

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Concrete curing..in-situ concrete...I can tell that you are one of those that build on paper. Leave textbooks out of this and come to real world---where textbooks matter a little.

My people have a saying that " ka mmiri maa block putara na ego agwugo " (a builder that says he is waiting for curing of concrete by rain is indirectly telling you that he/she has run out of money)

That is a good oone
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Demainman1: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
You remind me of me grin grin grin

InvertedHammer:
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
everyday: Please can you kindly post details of previous contracts you have done with pictures of possible

Why don't you search for Spyder880 here in Properties Forum and see all the other jobs he has done. Simple.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sayso: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
mufutau55:

Why don't you search for Spyder880 here in Properties Forum and see all the other jobs he has done. Simple.

Hajji Mufutau
you dey mind the guy,they just come to NL and start typing.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
jusRadical: Mr spyder, Of course, 60 days won't be enough for your project, stop deceiving people.
It is not all about cost reduction.

Of what consequence will this to you if the guy did not finish the house in 60 days? Are you the client?
Why don't you guys just wait and see the project.

Note: Please when you start your own project, please post it for all of us to follow. Until then, VARMOOOSE! GET LOST!

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by bugmenot: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
mufutau55:

Hajji Mufutau

Proverbs 22:1 - A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Spyder has made the choice to maintain a good name, not many contractors choose this path.

Almost everyone here continues to vouch for him.
"Vox populi, vox dei" - the voice of the people is the voice of God"

A few years back, there was a great guy here (am_alone) who boasted so much about how much he was spending on his bungalow, he would have completed it by now but that's just one building. Spyder on the other hand has consistently shown people that home ownership is not only for the rich - without compromising standards he has helped to complete MANY buildings including those he has never even seen and for people he has never even met!

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kopell: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
Who are this people for God seek, many of these guys just join this forum over nite without going thru what Spyder past post experience in this forum, to appreciate what he has done in the past before posting comments. Please guys let watch how his going to do it again. We all could learn one or two things to already accrued knowledge .
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
bugmenot:

Proverbs 22:1 - A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Spyder has made the choice to maintain a good name, not many contractors choose this path.

Almost everyone here continues to vouch for him.
"Vox populi, vox dei" - the voice of the people is the voice of God"

A few years back, there was a great guy here (am_alone) who boasted so much about how much he was spending on his bungalow, he would have completed it by now but that's just one building. Spyder on the other hand has consistently shown people that home ownership is not only for the rich - without compromising standards he has helped to complete MANY buildings including those he has never even seen and for people he has never even met!

I surely remember that "AM_ALONE aka OLUWA THE CHAMPION" thread. Too much arguement.
Spyder wanted to embed this thread into one of his old thread, but we advised him to
create a new one (this one)if I had realised that we will have a bunch of vagabonds
disrupting this thread, we would have not mentioned the creation of this new thread.
This poeple are really getting on my nerves. Instead of watching and learning few
things, now we have the so called "proffessionals", engineers with PH.D telling
the guys what to do. Bunch of idiots. Sorry for my rants.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
kopell: Who are this people for God seek, many of these guys just join this forum over nite without going thru what Spyder past post experience in this forum, to appreciate what he has done in the past before posting comments. Please guys let watch how his going to do it again. We all could learn one or two things to already accrued knowledge .

@Kopell
You know I wonder where all these people with their professionalism came from.. I have never seen 90% of them on any
of Spyder's thread before. All of a sudden everyone is qualified in house Building with Doctorate Degrees.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by bugmenot: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
mufutau55:

@Kopell
You know I wonder where all these people with their professionalism came from.. I have never seen 90% of them on any
of Spyder's thread before. All of a sudden everyone is qualified in house Building with Doctorate Degrees.

Hajji Mufutau

Very true talk, my brother.

We're from a country where truth is seldom spoken. If you speak too much of the truth, lots of people look at you somehow.

Our people are usually quick to brag about how much money they lavished on something. The wise oyibos on the other hand brag about how good a deal they got. The richer they are, the better they try to get at seeking good deals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.