Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263833 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by brabus(m): 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
Oga Spyder! The art of being wise is knowing what one needs to overlook.

I know you can make it. Just do it. We'll be waiting for your success story
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Whitehorse: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
I hardly log in or comment on Nairaland these days, seeing that the whole forum has gone to the dogs...

However, i cant help but comment on this thread. Most of the bashers here do not know how Spyder has painstaking built his reputation here. He has even done away with the invisibility of online blogging by revealing his true name and picture (thereby putting himself to some level of personal risk). Spyder has been tried and tested. I'm not saying he is not faultless, just that he is working hard on being honest and diligent; two traits sadly lacking in Nigeria.

@Oga Spyder, more grease to your elbow. Please be more deligent, thorough and honest in your dealings, i think some folks are waiting for you to fail so that they can jump up and say "ehe, i told you guys so..."

God's grace and safety as you embark on this PH project.

10 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gtrust: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
mecussey: Now let us see how 8.8m can do this...if it does it, then you are getting another contract. I am thinking you are one those who would attract someone and subtly get him to bring more. Before he will know what is going on, he has already spent twice what you quoted. Can you get the owner to join the thread?

No! He doesn't do that.
He has built many other houses (Enugu, Ebonyi etc) and ALL within budget and he builds in public view.
Just like film without film tricks.

My advice, sit back and relax.
This is Nollywood and the 'actor' is Spyder!

Luckily it will end in 60days and your eyes go open.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gtrust: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
uhuns:
haba.
I dont understand the following ;
1. why is the caption of the project misleading.
2.your comments that "it seems things are more costly in ph".it seems no ph market survey.
3. a mansion with out fence.haba that no be mansion.
4. now finally the cost excludes some item. as spelt out by your post.

it seems attention of someone is being craved for here.
this is a blog site . I guess we owe each other a truthfull sense of transparency. to me the title was carefully chosen to draw attention to someone. !!!who!!!!?
I hearby rest my case.

Bros you got it wrong and maybe you are new to property section.
It is usually ONLY the CARCASS! Sometimes with plastering and sometimes without.

How you furnish your house in-terms of Tiles/Marbles/Granite; Kitchen designs, Toilets, Jacuzzi etc NA YOU SABI!
That is where you differentiate between the too rich and over-rich and 'the masses' like me.

Am Alone (aka Oluwa Champion) bought his tiles/marbles/POP at over 7 million naira for his small bungalow and you can search it here!

Overseas here, once the house is made air-tight (windows/doors, plumbing and toilets connected) then you can take possession. My 1st property in those days, na me do most of the laminate floor because I couldn't afford the cost of labour. (that was then shaa, we thank God)
Basically, this is the way everywhere and please, don't feel bad.

Just try and search other Spyder's hand-work in the property section. The guy na eye-opener and if I become Governor, he's my commisioner for works and after 4years EVERYBODY in my state will OWN atleast a bungalow!

Let's relax and watch!

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by olubuffett: 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
Whoa! All this arguments all for a duplex. I beg sypder next project got be sky scraper.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
gtrust:
If I become Governor, he's my commisioner for works and after 4years EVERYBODY in my state will OWN atleast a bungalow!
Let's relax and watch!

Agreed with all you have said, my brother. And if you see that finishing in AM_ALONE (OLUWA THE CHAMPIONSIP) House,
you will not argue that the guy spent money on the finishing. If you get the money spend am, you no go carry am go heaven or hell.
If there is such a post in Nigeria. I will elect him for "Federal Commisioner for Housing". Seh they get am sha?
Let's ignore all this low-life critisizing Spyder and most of them never read and see his past thread.
Hooligans-on-the-net.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by NL1960: 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
Na wa o for all these theoretical professional builders. Spyder has said he will deliver a carcass at 8.8 and i believe he will deliver. Iam sure most of the commentators here saying it is not possible did not even read the beginning to know what the 8.8 is for.

I have done a big 4-bedroom duplex and the carcass was not upto to 7m. Thanks to people like sypderr in property section, i was able to catch a cheat of recent. I told him to come and measure my sitting room for POP and he came up with a measurement of 93 sq/m whereas i had earlier measured it for tiles and got 73 sq/m. Just imagine the difference of 20 sq/m. Look at the savings. If i did not know, i will start saying that so and so amount is too small to complete something.

All these busy bodies should just keep quiet and watch.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Abagworo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you, the project is for only the cost of foundation till roofing, 'carcas' only. No finishing at all, no plastering, no tiles, no electrical fitting or toilet fittings. Besides my own house in Enugu cost me 10.5m to complete to liveable levels like this....https://www.nairaland.com/698906/real-cost-building-6-bedroom

I now get. Seems it was a bit more luxurious because Italian marbles, granites and roof tiles were used. All the same its impossible to use anything less than 15million to build the minimal standard of this your present project to a finish. Like you wrote 8.8m might do for what I call the skeleton or "okpokoro ho".
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by otokx(m): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2013
The rain today is serious, lets all keep spyder880 and his crew in our prayers.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by uhuns: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
gtrust:

Bros you got it wrong and maybe you are new to property section.
It is usually ONLY the CARCAS! Sometimes with plastering and sometimes without.

How you furnish your house in-terms of Tiles/Marbles/Granite; Kitchen designs, Toilets, Jacuzzi etc NA YOU SABI!
That is where you differentiate between the too rich and over-rich and 'the masses' like me.

Am Alone (aka Oluwa Champion) bought his tiles/marbles/POP at over 7 million naira for his small bungalow and you can search it here!

Overseas here, once the house is made air-tight (windows/doors, plumbing and toilets connected) then you can take possession. My 1st property in those days, na me do most of the laminate floor because I couldn't afford the cost of labour. (that was then shaa, we thank God)
Basically, this is the way everywhere and please, don't feel bad.

Just try and search other Spyder's hand-work in the property section. The guy na eye-opener and if I become Governor, he's my commisioner for works and after 4years EVERYBODY in my state will OWN atleast a bungalow!

Let's relax and watch!

my brother no vex.
my worry was his phrases used.
and not defining the post in one go.
if you get what I mean.
and 8pages running we dont have a one page technical and commercial summary of the aggrement.
haba.
some of us make 260 for Jame and na second batch we enter.
anyhow I do not speak for myself but just to make sure guys ask the right questions.
all I will do henceforth is ask questions and you should demand answers.

thats all.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kopell: 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
Thank you guys, old student are coming back to professor Spyder lecture room to testified is ability to deliver, Like he said CARCASS of 6 bedroom duplex that was the word he used. Not like the guy that said he just spend 45m for 5 bedroom duplex, Well he probably give his building contract to Julius bagger. It all good for him sha.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by baby124: 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
Spyder, we await pictures.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by 3ace(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
mufutau55:

@Kopell
You know I wonder where all these people with their professionalism came from.. I have never seen 90% of them on any
of Spyder's thread before. All of a sudden everyone is qualified in house Building with Doctorate Degrees.

Hajji Mufutau
My brother, na FrontPage cause am o. Once a thread is moved there, it rapidly grows attracting all sorts of comments from people who have never even been to the section the thread belongs to.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
3ace:
My brother, na FrontPage cause am o. Once a thread is moved there, it rapidly grows attracting all sorts of comments from people who have never even been to the section the thread belongs to.

May be when the building action starts, they will get bore and drop-off the thread.
So, only WE, the students will remain. That Frontpage, no good then. Thank you jare.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Ogetogeo(m): 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
Good job spyder nwannem.

Its unfortunate when some random people that think they studied some random courses at the university come out and bluff without taking their time to do an underground check.

This is a man that has built a reputation for what he know how to do best and you lot are here to deride him. huh?

Ride on brother, have been a silent observer over time and will hope to do something with you in near future.

Caveat- An average Nigeria believes, if it's cheap then its below par and most end up paying through their noses for bad jobs.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ogetogeo: Good job spyder nwannem.

Its unfortunate when some random people that think they studied some random courses at the university come out and bluff without taking their time to do an underground check.
[/b]

Tell me O, my brother. One of them dey even ask make Spyder come tender his University degree, and which university
him go. Stupid people. I think I blame some of this on the excessive Blackberry sale.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by remcoface: 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
mufutau55:

Tell me O, my brother. One of them dey even ask make Spyder come tender his University degree, and which university
him go. Stupid people. I think I blame some of this on the excessive Blackberry sale.

Hajji Mufutau

THANKS SIR,I THINK YOU SAID IT ALL.
OGA SPYDER AS DONE SO MUCH GOOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE US AND HE DID SO FOR FREE!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR FOR ALL THE GREAT JOB YOU ARE DOING.
MAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD BE WITH YOU,YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR TEAM.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by 3ace(m): 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
mufutau55:

May be when the building action starts, they will get bore and drop-off the thread.
So, only WE, the students will remain. That Frontpage, no good then. Thank you jare.

Hajji Mufutau
Yes o, once the thread is off front page and our lecturer starts giving us progress report, only interested students will remain. If you noticed, oga spyder has decided to handle them with maturity by ignoring all of them. Seems he's planning to take the project to an impressive stage before comparing it with cost. I wonder what is so difficult about giving someone a benefit of doubt.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
Empero1:

Climate difference is not an issue , with quality woods , you are good to go.
Y do u talk like an idiot,here wey rain dey fall everyday,wen d rain soak am termite come chop am wetin u go talK.because una dey America una stupidity don Ripe like puss

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
Loading pictures, please wait.....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by twinskenny(m): 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
spyder880: Loading pictures, please wait.....
we are waiting grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
Thank you jare Oga Spyder. And dont mind those disruptive idiots.
We, your humble students, are waiting patiently. Keep up the good work.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
remcoface:

THANKS SIR,I THINK YOU SAID IT ALL.
OGA SPYDER AS DONE SO MUCH GOOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE US AND HE DID SO FOR FREE!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR FOR ALL THE GREAT JOB YOU ARE DOING.
MAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD BE WITH YOU,YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR TEAM.

You know what, you guys here are my main inspiration and nothing is too much for me to do in order to keep our friendships going on. Thank you all, Baba FhemMmy, Remcoface, Rastaman, Kopell, Brabus, Demain man, Prince_onx, too much names, toooooooooo many to mention but una sabi unaself sha, we are in this together, and we must finish it together. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
mufutau55:
Thank you jare Oga Spyder. And dont mind those disruptive idiots.
We, your humble students, are waiting patiently. Keep up the good work.

Hajji Mufutau
My man, thank you very much for your support. I appreciate.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Ogetogeo(m): 11:22pm On Jun 27, 2013

Emeka!!! Get up for Oga jor..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
digging starts

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
We had so many workers so we can complete it today

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by olubuffett: 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
Men at work! you no gree o

With those numbers of men 60 days is achievable.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2013
closer

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
first trip of sharp sand arrives

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by olubuffett: 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
A man's gift will speak for him.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
and before long there were 3 trips

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.