Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263843 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
olubuffett: A man's gift will speak for him.

Thank you my Oga, I remain loyal.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
I also bought two large tanks of water at mile 3 market for water storage.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gtrust: 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
spyder880:

You know what, you guys here are my main inspiration and nothing is too much for me to do in order to keep our friendships going on. Thank you all, Baba FhemMmy, Remcoface, Rastaman, Kopell, Brabus, Demain man, Prince_onx, too much names, toooooooooo many to mention but una sabi unaself sha, we are in this together, and we must finish it together. cheesy

Kai! Imagine Spyder no mention me oh

Anyway, it just means I have alot of absenteeism.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
gtrust:

Kai! Imagine Spyder no mention me oh

Anyway, it just means I have alot of absenteeism.

You are always present my man, maybe tiredness is getting at me, needs to sleep small grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:01am On Jun 28, 2013
Our trip of granite was offloaded some moments ago, we bought from Abia state and transported it to site. We have been waiting for them in the site since evening but they just landed.

I have also bought the rods that will be used to make the pillars and baskets for this house. We plan to start concrete blinding by tomorrow. More sand, cement, blocks and possibly wood will be bought tomorrow as we push forward.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Okijajuju1(m): 12:01am On Jun 28, 2013
spyder880:

You are always present my man, maybe tiredness is getting at me, needs to sleep small grin

i see you have found your way to Mile 3... That area Right there is building materials.. Most of your needs would be met there (pipes, rods, shovels, diggers, ropes, wheelbarrows, etc). The wood market (Iloabuchi) isn't far from where you are in the picture.

Chippings, is from either Abia or Imo state.. I could help you research where the best quality of stones are gotten if you are interested.

I'm still watching your progress..

God speed.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:06am On Jun 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

i see you have found your way to Mile 3... That area Right there is building materials.. Most of your needs would be met there (pipes, rods, shovels, diggers, ropes, wheelbarrows, etc). The wood market (Iloabuchi) isn't far from where you are in the picture.

Chippings, is from either Abia or Imo state.. I could help you research where the best quality of stones are gotten if you are interested.

I'm still watching your progress..

God speed.

Thank you my brother, you are really helpful here, I just offloaded chippings this night, God bless you.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Basileze1: 12:51am On Jun 28, 2013
Pls, I would like to know the possibilities and cost of converting a 4 bedroom bungalow(not roofed)to a duplex. It has been built to roofing level though. [/quote]
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by brabus(m): 4:02am On Jun 28, 2013
^^^ Oga basil, please kindly send a private mail to Spyder880. He'll attend to your request at the right time.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by 3ace(m): 7:08am On Jun 28, 2013
Oga Spyder, fire on! This is the best way to respond to critics.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Benjacky: 7:41am On Jun 28, 2013
Permission to join the class. Hope admitted. Location, Eleme in PH. Ndewo.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Degis(m): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2013
Sypder880,

There are times good men must stand up to be counted and the time is here and now. I must state here unequivocally that getting this job done within budget and time line is my prayer for you and your team. I pray that the God, who made today happen will make it happen for you. I pray that the God, who uses the basket to disgrace the proud pot will use this project to silence the nay sayers. All the Favour you will need to get this job done, be yours in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

I pray God's speed for you and his divine empowerment. God bless you

Degis
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by K114: 8:34am On Jun 28, 2013
Can I join your work force? Not necesarily interested in pay, but d experience.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by brabus(m): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2013
K114: Can I join
your work force? Not necesarily interested in pay, but d experience.

You can start here. Keep following the thread. So many student have
graduated from Oga Spyder's class without being to the field. We call it
'class without wall'

@all

Class in session and Work in progress. Pls post only topic related
comments. Further enquiries should be sent to the OP's email address (ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk).

Thank you
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by diordaves(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2013
Spyder880 well done. Just a quick one: why una no clear the grass before digging? This may have implication during back-filling. Please do well to ensure it is "pure" laterite (sand)that is used for backfilling and not mixed with moss; grass; broken glass and pure water bags. You need a well compact foundation. Again you advise your client to do borehole or even dig well sef? Won't that be cheaper long term?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by achi4u(m): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2013
ashaju33: Subscribing
me too!

Am interested because Any knowleadge I gained here will surely help me when am ready to build my own house.

God bless you Oga spider88
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sayso: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2013
achi4u: me too!

Am interested because Any knowleadge I gained here will surely help me when am ready to build my own house.

God bless you Oga spider88
The guy Oga Spyder has so many projects in here you can learn from and need I say, watch out for the criticisms coming in from different angles,you can also learn from there. In-fact I am waiting for that part because it is always helpful.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by NL1960: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2013
brabus:

You can start here. Keep following the thread. So many student have
graduated from Oga Spyder's class without being to the field. We call it
'class without wall'

@all

Class in session and Work in progress. Pls post only topic related
comments. Further enquiries should be sent to the OP's email address (ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk).

Thank you

Quite true. I once told an Architect that 10m can complete a duplex in the village based on a few researches that i had personally done and that was even before i discovered Property section of Nairaland. He laughed at me and said that such an amount can only get me a mud house. I ignored him and started my project. After roofing, i sent him the pics of several stages till after roofing and the amount spent and he exclaimed 'wa oooooooooo' and asked me if i imported expertise from abroad to do the job and i said No. He himself has testified to the quality and standard of the work done. After i discovered property section, i have now learnt more cut saving methods without compromising quality.

Spyderr should just focus and ignore the theoretical noise makers. They quote building jargons as if somebody is building a bridge.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sayso: 11:37am On Jun 28, 2013
na only bridge,some are quoting the cost of building a mega city for only a street building cost.I used Spyder lessons to estimate the cost of casting a German floor and the engineer was like,oga who teach you this style.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sayso: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2013
If only learners and profs can sit in front seat with pen and paper and start jotting down important lines now because this thread will get to 100 pages with the closed sign and Q/A will fly away.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by plasgidy: 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Oga spyder well done ooo, una don dey fire ram, gaa na iru ooo

why did u leave the grass like that it will chop sand and gravel alot, your problem will be the weather cos it rains alot in igwe ocha, pls be very carefull of ph i can see some guys here are requesting to come to the site for no good reason just to come and see, see what they havnt seen where they are building house b4, any well i know that uche gi diaya, if they want give you contract they book apointment some where else, good luck

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MrEverest(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
Well done Mr Spyder, I must confess that I have been following your threads judiciously and to say that I am impressed would be putting it mildly. I am very much interested in this particular trade because I'm considering erecting a house either now or in the near future, who knows, you might be the one to execute it.
Please I would like you to give me an estimate of what it will cost me to build a 30 room self contained student hostel, on a plot of land(though it is not complete as it measures 48 by 85 due to assess road that was carved out of it)somewhere in Imo state.
My questions are; 1, Is the land big enough to contain a 30 room self contained rooms?
2, What is the estimate of the cost, from foundation to roofing and plastering?

These posers are for me to know if I am financially ready to begin it, because I don't want a white elephant project on my hand or to abandon it halfway.

Thanks for the anticipated reply!

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
Whitehorse: I hardly log in or comment on Nairaland these days, seeing that the whole forum has gone to the dogs...

However, i cant help but comment on this thread. Most of the bashers here do not know how Spyder has painstaking built his reputation here. He has even done away with the invisibility of online blogging by revealing his true name and picture (thereby putting himself to some level of personal risk). Spyder has been tried and tested. I'm not saying he is not faultless, just that he is working hard on being honest and diligent; two traits sadly lacking in Nigeria.

@Oga Spyder, more grease to your elbow. Please be more deligent, thorough and honest in your dealings, i think some folks are waiting for you to fail so that they can jump up and say "ehe, i told you guys so..."

God's grace and safety as you embark on this PH project.

Thanks!
This is a guy that put a huge project on hold "First Property Nairaland Investment" all cos he wanna make sure that it is done right and not looking at how much money he could make, despite people asking him to move ahead.
This is a guy that does not have to showcase what he is doing on NL but cos he wanna teach people how to do things in a new and better way.
This is a man that has nothing to lose but so much to gain by keeping his ideas to himself.
This is a man that has revived the property section of Nairaland, yet never for one day ask to be the Property man of year on NL
Yet, people wanna bash and bring him down. . . Sad!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Emperoh(m): 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Thanks!
This is a guy that put a huge project on hold "First Property Nairaland Investment" all cos he wanna make sure that it is done right and not looking at how much money he could make, despite people asking him to move ahead.
This is a guy that does not have to showcase what he is doing on NL but cos he wanna teach people how to do things in a new and better way.
This is a man that has nothing to lose but so much to gain by keeping his ideas to himself.
This is a man that has revived the property section of Nairaland, yet never for one day ask to be the Property man of year on NL
Yet, people wanna bash and bring him down. . . Sad!

There's no better way to earn respect than to build reputation!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Emperoh:

There's no better way to earn respect than to build reputation!

Coming from the Emperor himself , , , Full Gbam!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Demainman1: 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
@Members, Do we have Tile paints in Nigeria? I will like to paint over some flowery tiles that my folks have used in my house which i hate dearly grin

Removing the tiles maybe too difficult considering that cement would have been used to put them up.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by JNdupu: 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
Mr Everest: Well done Mr Spyder, I must confess that I have been following your threads judiciously and to say that I am impressed would be putting it mildly. I am very much interested in this particular trade because I'm considering erecting a house either now or in the near future, who knows, you might be the one to execute it.
Please I would like you to give me an estimate of what it will cost me to build a 30 room self contained student hostel, on a plot of land(though it is not complete as it measures 48 by 85 due to assess road that was carved out of it)somewhere in Imo state.(Report)

Chei, how pesin go wan dey build Face-Me-I-Face-You for this obodo 2013 grin

Watching topic with interest sha ... Me sef, I has land and I has monies. I go build soon and OP fit get contract.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
Web of builders(Spyder880) Bros, how work? keep doing what you know how to do best.
Greetings from Chekitaut the strong name in Building materials sells & supplies.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:05am On Jun 29, 2013
I love that gif image . . . ^^^^
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by twinskenny(m): 12:23am On Jun 29, 2013
Fhemmmy: I love that gif image . . . ^^^^
hahah

sir Fhemmy na GIF oo
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:25am On Jun 29, 2013
twinskenny: hahah

sir Fhemmy na GIF oo

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . . See people with bad mind oh, i just like the creative mind oh
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 12:58am On Jun 29, 2013
Fhemmmy: I love that gif image . . . ^^^^

Good image. But I think that GIF design should be scaled down. Too bogus for signature. Wasting bandwith.

Hajji Mufutau

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.