Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,812 members, 7,841,141 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? (17678 Views)

How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Ur Relatnship / How Do You Handle A Woman With Hot Temper / How Will You Handle A Feud Between An Ex Boyfriend And A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 06, 2013
FX: Babe, tinz have changed. U r on your own. Men are wiser now. They cant keep spending their energy, time, money and resources on women.
wiser by being stingy and turning a blind eye when your girl needs you? My man is not like that and i just feel for girls that wil be involve wit stingy and greedy guys. Smh

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 06, 2013
There's absolutely nothing wrong with giving to a loved one. But it shud be based on free will. NO PRESSURE, NO MANIPULATION, NO ASKING, NO BEGGING. As a principle, I only date babes that work or girls from well to d. No that there are not greedy working women (many exist). Girls from well to do families usually av enuff and girls that work knw the value of money. Some girls will call u and start begging u for credit. Isn't that a bad habit?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 06, 2013
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 06, 2013
The question I like to ask is " Why would I want to devote a lot of my funds to someone I'm not married to?" Anything I give to a girl I'm dating should be similar in value to something I cn give to a male friend.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by jay2k(m): 7:37am On Jul 06, 2013
d trut is dat money cant be left out in any relationship no mata hw any 1 looks @ it..dea4 both paties has got a role to play...dis gal staifies all ur desires(name it)...she needed to be appreciated,eider ways money is involved cash or materials,,dats d truth..nd a guy shouldnt wait to be asked of money,cos no mata hw small dat enters ur pocket ur babe should be part of d budget..by so doing she will understand dat u ve got notin wen u truly ve notin cos u usually do giv her wen dea is...but takin advantaage of a gal cos she hardly ask is very unfair..also d ladies shoul find out who loves dem by d way d person open up issues to dem for dem to ve a true pix of who dey r dealin with cos if u kno ur man u can tell d reasons for his actions..also most guys dont spend on who dey dont love as a way of letin u go wen u r tierd of d show so nne check well nd kno d reasons underlyin his actions by comparing dis to his oda attitude. I tink by so doing u will kno d way farward..
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 06, 2013
jay2k: d trut is dat money cant be left out in any relationship no mata hw any 1 looks @ it..dea4 both paties has got a role to play...dis gal staifies all ur desires(name it)...she needed to be appreciated,eider ways money is involved cash or materials,,dats d truth..nd a guy shouldnt wait to be asked of money,cos no mata hw small dat enters ur pocket ur babe should be part of d budget..by so doing she will understand dat u ve got notin wen u truly ve notin cos u usually do giv her wen dea is...but takin advantaage of a gal cos she hardly ask is very unfair..also d ladies shoul find out who loves dem by d way d person open up issues to dem for dem to ve a true pix of who dey r dealin with cos if u kno ur man u can tell d reasons for his actions..also most guys dont spend on who dey dont love as a way of letin u go wen u r tierd of d show so nne check well nd kno d reasons underlyin his actions by comparing dis to his oda attitude. I tink by so doing u will kno d way farward..
Best comment so far,you are a realistic person and i totally agree with you.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by missystephen: 9:03am On Jul 06, 2013
2legit2qwt:
Is money the only way to appreciate a girl
. You are correct, money is not the only way. Words of encouragement helps too.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by jjman2322: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2013
jay2k: d trut is dat money cant be left out in any relationship no mata hw any 1 looks @ it..dea4 both paties has got a role to play...dis gal staifies all ur desires(name it)...she needed to be appreciated,eider ways money is involved cash or materials,,dats d truth..nd a guy shouldnt wait to be asked of money,cos no mata hw small dat enters ur pocket ur babe should be part of d budget..by so doing she will understand dat u ve got notin wen u truly ve notin cos u usually do giv her wen dea is...but takin advantaage of a gal cos she hardly ask is very unfair..also d ladies shoul find out who loves dem by d way d person open up issues to dem for dem to ve a true pix of who dey r dealin with cos if u kno ur man u can tell d reasons for his actions..also most guys dont spend on who dey dont love as a way of letin u go wen u r tierd of d show so nne check well nd kno d reasons underlyin his actions by comparing dis to his oda attitude. I tink by so doing u will kno d way farward..

LOL pathetic.. let me debunk all your crap..

"dis gal staifies all ur desires(name it)." - so you're saying shes basically a glorified hooker? because last time i checked, girls also enjoy sex.. so i'm technically satisfying all her desires too.

"she needed to be appreciated" - I appreciated my exgfs by being loyal, caring, affectionate, and treating them like queens.. Money doesn't equal appreciation.. Usually the best form of appreciate has nothing to do with money.

"cos no mata hw small dat enters ur pocket ur babe should be part of d budget" - WHY? is she my parents?? did she care for me when I was a child? The only reason you're thinking this is because she gives you sex... Otherwise,why arent your good/best GUY friends in your budget too? They have probably been there for you more than she has, with the only exception being they don't give you sex.. so technically it all comes down to your gf being a prostitute.

"but takin advantaage of a gal cos she hardly ask is very unfair" - this is the most pathetic thing i've ever heard from a guy, and thats saying a lot.. So by being a good bf, loyal, loving, caring.. So because i decide i dont want to give her money, that constitutes USING?? so you're saying basically that because she gives me sex, and i decide not to give her money, then im using her? Logically speaking, you're advocating paying her for the sex... Sex is a two way street... she also enjoys it... heck if you know what you're doing in bed then the girl better be paying you..

"also most guys dont spend on who dey dont love" - Are you really this silly? My first gf was my greatest love.. I never spent a dime on her except on her birthday or christmas.. she even paid for dinners sometimes, took me out, etc, and I had a lot more money than her.. I've also not spent on my mother and I love her to death... Money doesn't equal love...
The Nigerian maried men you see blowing money on girls are doing it because they want some pun, not because they love them..

Cheers

P/S just want to add im very generous.. If someone has a legitimate need I'm always willing to help.. I just refuse to believe that I have to put my gf in my budget just because she has sex with me.. Or buy her the newest blackberry just because she wants it, or give her money just because she decides she broke... or buy her N100,000 Brazilian hair just because she wants to show off.. Show me a girl who is being maintained by a guy, and i'll show you a mugu..

Funniest thing though, you could give your girl all the money in the world, then one day she's out somewhere, and guys like me will make her laugh, feel good & sexy, and she'll be blowing up my phone every other day.. That's what im experiencing now in Nigeria.. Girls who get money from their bfs, yet they want to hook up with me because they think I'm fun to be with.. So money doesnt equal loyalty either... These girls just want someone to pay for their fake hair and their bbm plan(so they can keep flirting with every other guy, in a bid to find the next mugu)

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Oloriatoke(f): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2013
Jcob: Majority of
those that commented before me are either not in a relationship or are
still trapped in boyfriend/girlfriend syndrome.

In every serious/real relationship, there are things called filiar
responsibilities. Your woman should not ask you for money before you
support her. While it should not be an everyday affair, you can help her
financially through projects, luxuries and investments.

She also does her part by assisting you when she suspects you are a lil
broke. Can't count the number of times my woman has given me money to
either fuel the car or to just hold body. Though as a man I still do
more cos I believe every one naira spent on her is a big investment.

Better to give every dime to my woman than to spend it on one
goodforjustsex lady outside.

Abeg hep me tell dem...they are still a learner.won ti mo bose n lo.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by searay(m): 9:29am On Jul 06, 2013
LastApostle: MONEY only impress lazy girls; when a woman works hard, a man with money is just a BONUS and not a ladder of upgrade!
Spark of wisdom
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by wckabuoh(m): 9:34am On Jul 06, 2013
No, make U no pay ur bills if U can. Continue to wait for ur man..............him be mayeee. U go use while him go pay.
olivegirl: wRong, I need my husband to take hold of me. How can I be womanly when I pay all my bills.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Oloriatoke(f): 9:38am On Jul 06, 2013
[quote
author=FX] na me born u , y i go take care of u. People like u can only
end up attracting fake men.Real men dont spend on women.Tinz have
changed.[/quote]

Okay,na real women dey spend on men nw.i pity ur condition
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by jjman2322: 9:39am On Jul 06, 2013
wckabuoh: No, make U no pay ur bills if U can. Continue to wait for ur man..............him be mayeee. U go use while him go pay.

LOL i know right.. quotes from people like olivegirl help strengthen my point that many Nigerian women judge the value of their partner by how much he can give them a month..
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by searay(m): 9:42am On Jul 06, 2013
chei: She can opt PORT for a sugar daddy if she likes.
Smh. .. Women and their nonsense wahala.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2013
@jay2k, continue that way! Keep budgetting for women when ur mates are roofing thier mansions and reciprocating thier parents. Fool!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by AnugwaCynthia(f): 10:06am On Jul 06, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] angry[quote author=Caracta]I don't understand. Did the guy take an oath to foot her bills? Is he stingy or insensitive? What if the guy wasn't there in the first place?

But he is there if he wasn't it would be a different thing entirely and even if the guy isn't paying her bills he should spend on her ladies love that
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by adadegreat: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2013
Caracta: I had to read the "story" again. Some guys don't even give until you ask. Relationship is about sharing...not just in monetary terms. If he is the type that doesn't share or make sacrifices AT ALL (both monetary and non-monetary), the lady should think twice about the relationship.

And i just hope she is not stingy too...
Thumb up! Nice one ! Bless you!
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Rapmoney(m): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2013
Some guys are just so dumb. Why should I start spending money unnecessarily on a girl because there is sex in the relationship which she thinks is a favour from her to me? I wake up everyday to see many naija girls who do nothin for a living...they depend on men for everything; airtime, meals, Brazilian and Indian hairs, clothes, phones,fixing of nails and eyes-lashes, their parents' personal prblems, their siblings' school fees and bills...crazy! I'd rather spend money on my wife than spend it on somebody else's wife. Nansense!!!
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Olajumokeibk(f): 11:58am On Jul 06, 2013
No money, no pussy #chikena
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 06, 2013
Olajumokeibk: No money, no pussy #chikena

Sweetie, give me 3 solid differences between that mentality and that of a prostitute?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
Pathetic.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Ritee419(f): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
Jcob: Majority of those that commented before me are either not in a relationship or are still trapped in boyfriend/girlfriend syndrome.

In every serious/real relationship, there are things called filiar responsibilities. Your woman should not ask you for money before you support her. While it should not be an everyday affair, you can help her financially through projects, luxuries and investments.

She also does her part by assisting you when she suspects you are a lil broke. Can't count the number of times my woman has given me money to either fuel the car or to just hold body. Though as a man I still do more cos I believe every one naira spent on her is a big investment.

Better to give every dime to my woman than to spend it on one goodforjustsex lady outside.

you are a real MAN. that is what real MEN do for their WOMAN.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Sike(m): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hi H.O.E!! How are you? :-|
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
The said 1k the Topic Narrator claimed her man gave, was it 5 N5 notes, 10 N10 notes, 20 N20 notes, 50 N50 notes, 100 N100 notes, 200 N200 notes, 500 N500 notes or just a single note of N1000? May be her grievances is because it was just a single N1000 note. Some bulks of 5 N5 notes or 10 N10 notes would've made more sense when handing over to her. Next time, use ur head!
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
The said 1k the Topic Narrator claimed her man gave, was it 5 N5 notes, 10 N10 notes, 20 N20 notes, 50 N50 notes, 100 N100 notes, 200 N200 notes, 500 N500 notes or just a single note of N1000? May be her grievances is because it was just a single N1000 note. Some bulks of 5 N5 notes or 10 N10 notes would've made more sense when handing over to her. Next time, use ur head!

@olajumokeibk, if u say "no money no kitty cat", then fucck ur kitty cat urself. Who cares? When serious konji hold u dis raining season, u go know say intimacy gadgets no go fit do wetin man supposed do and na u go carry urself run go meet any man to com salvate u. Mtchew!
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by jay2k(m): 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
jjman2322:

"dis gal staifies all ur desires(name it)." - so you're saying shes basically a glorified hooker? because last time i checked, girls also enjoy sex.. so i'm technically satisfying all her desires too.

"she needed to be appreciated" - I appreciated my exgfs by being loyal, caring, affectionate, and treating them like queens.. Money doesn't equal appreciation.. Usually the best form of appreciate has nothing to do with money.

"cos no mata hw small dat enters ur pocket ur babe should be part of d budget" - WHY? is she my parents?? did she care for me when I was a child? The only reason you're thinking this is because she gives you sex... Otherwise,why arent your good/best GUY friends in your budget too? They have probably been there for you more than she has, with the only exception being they don't give you sex.. so technically it all comes down to your gf being a prostitute.

"but takin advantaage of a gal cos she hardly ask is very unfair" - this is the most pathetic thing i've ever heard from a guy, and thats saying a lot.. So by being a good bf, loyal, loving, caring.. So because i decide i dont want to give her money, that constitutes USING?? so you're saying basically that because she gives me sex, and i decide not to give her money, then im using her? Logically speaking, you're advocating paying her for the sex... Sex is a two way street... she also enjoys it... heck if you know what you're doing in bed then the girl better be paying you..

"also most guys dont spend on who dey dont love" - Are you really this silly? My first gf was my greatest love.. I never spent a dime on her except on her birthday or christmas.. she even paid for dinners sometimes, took me out, etc, and I had a lot more money than her.. I've also not spent on my mother and I love her to death... Money doesn't equal love...
The Nigerian maried men you see blowing money on girls are doing it because they want some pun, not because they love them..

Cheers

P/S just want to add im very generous.. If someone has a legitimate need I'm always willing to help.. I just refuse to believe that I have to put my gf in my budget just because she has sex with me.. Or buy her the newest blackberry just because she wants it, or give her money just because she decides she broke... or buy her N100,000 Brazilian hair just because she wants to show off.. Show me a girl who is being maintained by a guy, and i'll show you a mugu..

Funniest thing though, you could give your girl all the money in the world, then one day she's out somewhere, and guys like me will make her laugh, feel good & sexy, and she'll be blowing up my phone every other day.. That's what im experiencing now in Nigeria.. Girls who get money from their bfs, yet they want to hook up with me because they think I'm fun to be with.. So money doesnt equal loyalty either... These girls just want someone to pay for their fake hair and their bbm plan(so they can keep flirting with every other guy, in a bid to find the next mugu)
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by EejaNla01(m): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
jjman2322:

Cheers

WISDOM!
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by jay2k(m): 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
@ jjman2322...u r more of a theorist...i kno ur likes,u r yet playin with kids...u need to be realistic in ur reasonin also i tink U realy need to meet matureed minds nd get ur self focused,,but gaz wat Dat will be wen u grow up...but for nw NO!! U will only tink lik a kid u r...my advice:- jst try nd grow up,get an english teacher nd get seriouse with life kk... @ redbenson...its not ur fault kk i understand,poverty has a way of dealin with people nd dat involves blindfolding u in understandin dat some has gone beyond wea u r....keep struglin with roofing ur house in d village nd helpin ur parents and @ d same tim keepin a so called GF u cant giv lil assistance cos u r roofing ur house nd supotin ur parents kkk..but stop tinkin dat evry 1 is still @ dat level kk..my advice:- dose r ur responsibilities so u dont complain about it as a reason not to involve ur true woman in ur budgets if u truly know who a woman is nd what she means to u kk..ogbenye amusu !!! Poor hugar!!
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
&All this point to 1 thing...sEx in relationship. Why nt u both put it aside and enjoy the friendship. You think she is asking cos she is giving u sEx,and she thinks since you so much focus on it,y nt pay for it.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by jjman2322: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
jay2k: @ jjman2322...u r more of a theorist...i kno ur likes,u r yet playin with kids...u need to be realistic in ur reasonin also i tink U realy need to meet matureed minds nd get ur self focused,,but gaz wat Dat will be wen u grow up...but for nw NO!! U will only tink lik a kid u r...my advice:- jst try nd grow up,get an english teacher nd get seriouse with life kk... @ redbenson...its not ur fault kk i understand,poverty has a way of dealin with people nd dat involves blindfolding u in understandin dat some has gone beyond wea u r....keep struglin with roofing ur house in d village nd helpin ur parents and @ d same tim keepin a so called GF u cant giv lil assistance cos u r roofing ur house nd supotin ur parents kkk..but stop tinkin dat evry 1 is still @ dat level kk..my advice:- dose r ur responsibilities so u dont complain about it as a reason not to involve ur true woman in ur budgets if u truly know who a woman is nd what she means to u kk..ogbenye amusu !!! Poor hugar!!

What are you talking about? I'm about as mature as they come, im an old dude.. I've dated many girls.. I speak excellent english.. I dont know what you're talking about.. I'm not poor either... You need to make better points, rather than trying to attack my english(which is stupid, considering that english is my primary/first language), and you need to stop being a mugu....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by jay2k(m): 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
jjman2322:

What are you talking about? I'm about as mature as they come, im an old dude.. I've dated many girls.. I speak excellent english.. I dont know what you're talking about.. I'm not poor either... You need to make better points, rather than trying to attack my english(which is stupid, considering that english is my primary/first language), and you need to stop being a mugu....
no dude am not attackin ur language ability am intrested un ur understanding of it...cos if u ve a true understnding of my coment nd d characters of my words i tink u will review ur comments..nd mind u am not refering to loots cos i c u r more of a loot if u kno wat i mean..nd dats y i said u should grow up to kno who u want as ur woman, go out dea get her u will u will kno dat dose ur theories wen dealing with dose little gals u r decievin no longer holds kkk..jst use ur brains well kkk...i laf wen u say u r a guy man cos i wonder wat u ve done if u kno me...
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by FX(m): 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
arcbabe: wiser by being stingy and turning a blind eye when your girl needs you? My man is not like that and i just feel for girls that wil be involve wit stingy and greedy guys. Smh
May be ur man na Adamu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Politely Tell Someone That You Want To Have Sex With Them? / Inappropriate Touching In A Bus / 12 Unforgettable Sex Positions That Really Hit 'THE SPOT'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.