Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,759 members, 7,840,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? (17677 Views)

How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Ur Relatnship / How Do You Handle A Woman With Hot Temper / How Will You Handle A Feud Between An Ex Boyfriend And A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by abujalapdog(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
cycline404: The Lady should run... Cos. The coast is clear now before she will come and write on FB,NL TW. that SAVE ME MY HUSBAND IS STINGY..

I feel so confortable giving my partner my signed blank checks for emergency use... But she must confirm from me before going to bank o...

An what do u call partner? Is it a wife ,girl friend, fiance or a one nite stand or even a sex partner? Do you do this because u fend for them or you understand that they should be paid on a routine basis?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
Wise_old_man:

You are taking it too far my dear...i normal for ladies to desire gifts. But once a lady puts it on her head like safety helmet, it very bad for her!!!

She'll end up attracting buyers not lovers....
she is independent and doesn't ask and all she get is 1k. some guys are very heartless,you put in all your effort to see them happy but they don't reciprocate the gesture. All I know is that ladies should wise up,if your guy aint doing things to make you happy when he have it,then you should know he has a chick out there he is treating good. Some men are stupid that even their own wife, the mother of their children will be driving an old car while they are busy buying jeep and spending on a lady meanwhile they will pretend and make their wife belief they are broke.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by FX(m): 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2013
RedBenson: @jcob, as said by u, so if the relatnshp is a serious one and yet the guy does not have to give nko? Shld he go and stil cos he wants to give his woman?

This is one syndrome wit women. Why always expecting monetary favour from men? How many times do u give to ur man? U are working and may even earn higher than him and yet, ur hair, ur make up, ur transport, ur clothings and wtf are still hanging on the guy's throat. Wtf! Can't women be independent for once?

I had such a relationship two yrs ago. May be she used jazz on me, i dont know. I almost spend my entire life on this chick until one thing happened one day and we stayed for two weeks. Just within that two weeks, i knew how much i saved to myself. I took that opportunity and broke up with her. Later on, she came back apologizing and begging to come back. I took a speed of 580km/min from her and till today i was set free. I hate such relationship with pests. Be independent for once jare and give us break!

Rubbish!
Na so. We have to change.We shud stop giving money anyhow to these group of girls called babes.
I advise guys to invest their money in capital projects like buying landed properties, start a business, invest in agriculture n become a richman like Dangote. Women will kill themselves 4 u. Then u can have 100 wives if u want.
Investing or spending money on babes is totally wrong in this our modern society and d nature of our economy. U r beta off buying a plot of land in my village for 50k.There are so many investments u can do will those small thousands u spend on babes that can become millions in some few yrs. Spend With Sense (SWS). Just b wise.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
xynerise:
you dey mad? grin

angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rooneyboy:

tongue
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
FX: na me born u , y i go take care of u. People like u can only end up attracting fake men.Real men dont spend on women.Tinz have changed.
it should be real men spend on women,unlike hungry dogs that only look for what they can get from a woman.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by charles0922(m): 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
olivegirl: wRong, I need my husband to take hold of me. How can I be womanly when I pay all my bills.
. Husband u said? We are talking about boy friend girl friend stuff
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by FX(m): 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
arcbabe: it should be real men spend on women,unlike hungry dogs that only look for what they can get from a woman.
Babe, tinz have changed. U r on your own. Men are wiser now. They cant keep spending their energy, time, money and resources on women.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
arcbabe: she is independent and doesn't ask and all she get is 1k. some guys are very heartless,you put in all your effort to see them happy but they don't reciprocate the gesture. All I know is that ladies should wise up,if your guy aint doing things to make you happy when he have it,then you should know he has a chick out there he is treating good. Some men are stupid that even their own wife, the mother of their children will be driving an old car while they are busy buying jeep and spending on a lady meanwhile they will pretend and make their wife belief they are broke.
calm down...no be fight.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by lainex(m): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
uhmmmmm dis topic is very very uhmmm ok nah let face da reality first of all da guy might be testing da lady secondly ladies r alwaz fond of one thing believe ya guy must carry all ya responsibility when her parent are dere. most relationship nw moni for hand back for ground nii, i suggest da lady shud be patient but dnt depend all ya guy alwaz coz u r dere to support not to make a hell in his lyf
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by rowlandoo: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
Prissyangel: Well, evrybody is saying dia mind and hw dy feel abt ds whole issue, bt i tink d lady in question is not after d guys money, if she were, she wud hav left d guy a longtym ago since d highest amount she has gottn 4rm hm is 1k. She is jst botherd abt d future, evn though a woman is independent bt atleast she expects her man 2 spend on her alittle nt dt its a priority bt atleast dias a joy it gives her..nd she 2 shud also spend on d guy..dts al i hv 2 say...

There is no where in the world life is irreverse of this , I go with you on that as a man you should be able to spend on ur gf or wife , no matter how indepedent she might be . Its a common sense about relationship .
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by jjman2322: 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
incredible nigerian girls... girls in the usa dont need to ask their bf for recharge cards, Brazilian hair, etc..

I've had beautiful girlfriends with relationships that lasted for 3+ years, and they never asked for anything.. Just bought them gifts on birthday/christmas... THEY HAD JOBS AND MADE THEIR OWN MONEY AND HAD THEIR OWN CARS.. something many nigerian women don't want to do..

Hey guys, simple solution.. find a girl who works and can afford stuff.... dont date a girl who will mugurize you..who you will spend thousands on every month, only for her to buy you singlet and boxers on your birthday..

be smart with your money.. thats all

Also, this is why im finding it difficult to date girls here in Nigeria.. in the usa, the measure of a me being a great bf was loyalty, respect, affection.. in nigeria, the measure of a good bf is ability to provide.... read the thread and see for yourself

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Msgamble: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
olivegirl: . She needed to be appreciated
Appreciated? My foot..d guy be ATM..this just so the girl is still playing around looking for Papa-70 to carry her load,nt ready for marriage by asking whether she should dump her guy n his stud because of money?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by ayusco85(m): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
jjman2322: incredible nigerian girls... girls in the usa dont need to ask their bf for recharge cards, Brazilian hair, etc..

I've had beautiful girlfriends with relationships that lasted for 3+ years, and they never asked for anything.. Just bought them gifts on birthday/christmas... THEY HAD JOBS AND MADE THEIR OWN MONEY AND HAD THEIR OWN CARS.. something many nigerian women don't want to do..

Hey guys, simple solution.. find a girl who works and can afford stuff.... dont date a girl who will mugurize you..who you will spend thousands on every month, only for her to buy you singlet and boxers on your birthday..

Nice write up
Also, this is why im finding it difficult to date girls here in Nigeria.. in the usa, the measure of a me being a great bf was loyalty, respect, affection.. in nigeria, the measure of a good bf is ability to provide.... read the thread and see for yourself
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by loswhite(m): 10:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
arcbabe: Why would someone have a guy that can't support them? it is very bad and I know most of those that commented are either being stingy or fools. Some guys are naturally greedy and can't assist you when you are in need not that they don't have but they are just wicked to assist. What is wrong in appreciating your girl, someone you claim to love even though it's small but not giving her 1k. Hmmm! Some guys are dumb that they know when a lady is in need but won't say anything and it's those stingy type that won't stop disturbing you for sex. Hell no! If you can't take good care of me, u can never qualify to be my guy.
By d way why did u have to take it so personal? It is ur type dat thinks dat the only u bring to the relationship is sex
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by loswhite(m): 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
chidyhels: I dont knw if am the only 1 seeing the guy as stingy here o?
The lady already said shes independent.

Independent or not,a stingy guy will never share anytin(it must nt be money),all he would ever want is hs own satisfaction.

the lady is also stingy because it was not stated dat she gave d guy anything
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by loswhite(m): 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
arcbabe: sharaap there,firstly the motive of being in a relationship doesn't neccessarily have to be what you will gain but when you love someone deeply and they can't assist you when you are in need or pretend not to know when you are in need is an act of been silly and wicked and secondly you will always want to look for a way out of it but hey! You can't convince me with this bull shit you wrote okay!
very local girl
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
how is this a financial issue? why is she not giving money to the dude? , abeg tell the ashawo to get a job. he ain't his father and they are only dating , wtf is wrong with women?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
jjman2322: incredible nigerian girls... girls in the usa dont need to ask their bf for recharge cards, Brazilian hair, etc..

Thanks my brother.

arcbabe: it should be real men spend on women,unlike hungry dogs that only look for what they can get from a woman.
babe, is your boyfriend your father? what are the chances you will end up marrying him?
if he is your brother, how will you like him spend his hard earn cash on his GF and leave his parent with nothing?
dont be heartless dear, get a job and be a proud woman.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by al1980: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
I think we should dicuss how we handle finance in the
home
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by WhyAWhy(m): 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
l2l: I'm sincerely nt in support of female askin..Only if it's gettin' too much..nt as in d case of 1k for d whole life of a relationship...what i expect a guy to take care once in a yl recharge card..bb subscriptions and nt actual physical cash..am also in same ditch..my gurlfrnd asks a lot too and too frequent after i recharge once in a week wif lik 200naira..pays monthly subscription on a monthly basis..buy gifts for b.days nd extends cash once in a yl..d funny thing is if she wanna buy stuffs lik fones and expensive gadgets..i supports wif minimum of 5k..the funny tin is, she earns more dan i du..*we are both fresh graduates*

Mehn you're a big yidiot and a self made slave. Two people of perfect understanding should be together. I have zero weekly monthly or daily financial commitment to my girl friend. She has access to my account and i also have access to hers and when we need to get anything we both discuss it so there's no frivolous spending. She knows how much and when I earn so no one is a slave at all to each other. We both help and uphold each other and make sacrifices from time to time . It's high time guys stopped trying to make themselves their woman's father !!
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by ABEngine(m): 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
smh

What happens if we make this wealth together?

Why would one act the source and the other a sink?

What happened to partners trading viable wealth creating ideas?

and when its eureka for a joint achievement, bleep hard afterwards for you both earned it.

There are no perfect episodes of co-existence amongst lovers but making his or her deficit a tool for improvement strengthens the bond.

Being prudent is value in its capacity

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 06, 2013
kingjoe: this is a very sensitive issue,myfriend works butwhen she visits she expects at least transport,we live at different towns four hours on road apart,once i didnt give her she did nt complain,but her response in some issues made me know she was expecting some thing from me.since then my dear ,i dis covered no matter how much a woman has she still wants her mans own.a woman always want her man to buy things for her once in a while.
U are right
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 06, 2013
I am not a fan of ladies depending on guys for things but at the same time there are some men that are naturally stingy. I still wouldn't advocate being with a stingy man, though...most especially if you plan on marrying him. But the truth remains that if you're with a stingy man, trust me, you would know. Even if he doesn't have much, you will know. The way I identify stingy is not even with the amount of things you give me-some guys would do anything to get what they want (even if that includes emptying their account for you) but rather the way you give to other people around you. How's your giving attitude to you friends, siblings, co-workers etc If you're the type that your 1 cent cannot mix with another person's own for no reason whatsoever, even if you buy me a private jet...u're on a long thing!!! I don't like stingy guys and wouldn't be with one, that doesn't mean my responsibility is on you...If I'm not married to you, you're not responsible for me. Just a lil gift once in a while out of your own will and common sense is all I need, and he can be sure to get same.

Also, ladies need to know the capability of their man. I don't mean go and ask him for his salary but you should know what he's capable of doing. As ugly as it sound, N1000 to some Nigerians is big money to dash out. lipsrsealed...For such a person, the N1000 might even be more than N100, 000 from another guy. That has to also be taken into consideration.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 06, 2013
^ ^ ^ I need to cut down on all these my nairaland epistles oo.
Wetin grin grin grin angry
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by sleekdot(m): 1:20am On Jul 06, 2013
And what do such ladies give to their men?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by sleekdot(m): 1:20am On Jul 06, 2013
And what do such ladies give to their men?

alutacontinua: ^ ^ ^ I need to cut down on all these my nairaland epistles oo.
Wetin grin grin grin angry
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 06, 2013
sleekdot: And what do such ladies give to their men?

Just a lil gift once in a while out of your own will and common sense is all I need, and he can be sure to get same.

I'm sure you missed this part.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by biafranqueen: 1:52am On Jul 06, 2013
I am so surprised at you girls expecting so much from men that you are not MARRIED to.
I was even more shocked when I watched Batta Box on Youtube and 9ja girls were talking about how they have 3 or 4 boyfriends such as
Sugar Daddy
Campus Boyfriend
Village Boyfriend
Tout Boyfriend (For protection)

Don't you know that every time a man enter you with or without condom, he is also depositing his energy good or bad into you. Who ever you sleep with is who they slept with and who that person slept with etc;

Sex is an energy, when you are having sex with many men it will confuse you in all levels of your life.

All you women I am sure pray to have a son one day. Is this what you want for him to be an ATM so girls that need to buy Brazilian Hair and BB phone just to compete with other girls, will useless his money. You should be encouraging him to save money to invest in the future. No wonder these boys feel pressured to commit crimes for ego.

Make your own money and buy what you need, don't expect anything from a man, if you get it thank God!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by cyco05: 4:40am On Jul 06, 2013
l2l: I'm sincerely nt in support of female askin..Only if it's gettin' too much..nt as in d case of 1k for d whole life of a relationship...what i expect a guy to take care once in a yl recharge card..bb subscriptions and nt actual physical cash..am also in same ditch..my gurlfrnd asks a lot too and too frequent after i recharge once in a week wif lik 200naira..pays monthly subscription on a monthly basis..buy gifts for b.days nd extends cash once in a yl..d funny thing is if she wanna buy stuffs lik fones and expensive gadgets..i supports wif minimum of 5k..the funny tin is, she earns more dan i du..*we are both fresh graduates*
go and get a Job! So its ur daddy's money u are wasting on ur mate?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by cyco05: 4:42am On Jul 06, 2013
go and get a Job! So its your daddy's money u are wasting on your mate?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 06, 2013
loswhite: very local girl
Bush man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

12 Unforgettable Sex Positions That Really Hit 'THE SPOT' / Malice In Relationships? Your Views: / I Chop Ashawo Big Nyash Yesterday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.