Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? (4025 Views)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / Why Are Most Girls Not Comfortable With Guyz Having Room Mate / Do You Feel Comfortable With Your Friend Dating Your Sibling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by swoosh(m): 7:16am On May 23, 2008
Your fear is about her faithfulness, not her safety- just admit it man- and let her know. Airline (crew) business and promiscuity are almost synonymous (apologies to the few decent ones) so its a valid reason to be scared when your loved one takes such jobs.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:41am On May 23, 2008
no such thing as a safe job, esp in naija.

doctors can contract aids
engineers can be involved in inustrial accidents,
lawyers can get involed in dangerous cases and hired assaisins

stop raining on her parade and think of all the good things that can come out of her job , rather than the bad - the glass is er half full
( actually engineers like to say you got twice as much glass as you need there)

as to promiscuity - in the end its a matter of choice/character.
in any working enviroment, esp in naija( haven't worked outside, so i dont know how they do in yankee/uk) staff shag each other as if its going out of fashion, from ceos down to interns. that is ultimately a matter of choice
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Vicjustice: 9:43am On May 23, 2008
Poster
  Put down your fear, air accident is not as common as road accident. It's a world news when a plane crashes in a most remote village in a considerably long period of time,  but a hounded road accident in a day is just another story.
  So, air travel is the fastest and safest of all travels.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by mamaput(f): 9:48am On May 23, 2008
i would not want any of my lovedones to work on an aircraft no matter as what.
But your girlfriend will get to met a lot of people
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 2:11pm On May 23, 2008
This didirin isnt even think of free tickets he can score. shio
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by manoy(m): 2:29pm On May 23, 2008
@D-reloaded,Gbe enu re dake!
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 3:18pm On May 23, 2008
ori e ti yi.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 3:21pm On May 23, 2008
lmao!!
see attraction grin grin

Jenny!!! come here o grin
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by buzyDiva(f): 3:24pm On May 23, 2008
@poster,
I feel ur fear,
Why don’t u allow her start with this job first and along the way u can persuade her to still looking for something else on the side.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by manoy(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2008
@d-reloaded,ode osi
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 3:59pm On May 23, 2008
iwo abi iya e
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by manoy(m): 4:14pm On May 23, 2008
why toyin?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 4:18pm On May 23, 2008
manoy, otito jare.
abi kini wahala e?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 4:32pm On May 23, 2008
awon aiye lon le kakiri
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 4:35pm On May 23, 2008
lmao!
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Tamedu: 4:43pm On May 23, 2008
Boyfriend,my only worry for you is that if she is picking a job at Arik Air. Tell she has no job yet. Their chairman will sack her before she signs her letter of appointment. Arik job is just like not working. They have one mad animal as their chairman. You care for his aka(Point & kill), for his passion for sacking people.

Apart from Arik Air, just pray for her and help her look out for another job fast. Air hostesss job is not a career job for a woman o.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by jkpretty(f): 4:49pm On May 23, 2008
If it was some other Job i'lld say 'why don't u find her your own kind of job?'. But the air hostess thingy? I don't envy undecided
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by abbyode(m): 5:16pm On May 23, 2008
I dont think you have the right yet to ask her not to take a particular job.
The reason is that u guys are not married yet and chances are that you can still leave or dump her.
I suggest that you get married first, then you can command her as you like.
Best of luck.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 5:18pm On May 23, 2008
abbyode:

suggest that you get married first, then you can command her as you like.

Is that how it works in your house?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by abbyode(m): 5:22pm On May 23, 2008
abbyode:

I don't think you have the right yet to ask her not to take a particular job.
The reason is that u guys are not married yet and chances are that you can still leave or dump her.
Best of luck.

See how how naughty you are ! Itz not wot u think.
I was only trying to let him know he doesnt have such a control over her now.
I advise you work on your approach and attitude to people. See all your previous posts on this particular thread. I am sorry for whoever puts you at home.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by abbyode(m): 5:26pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

Is that how it works in your house?
I advise you work on your approach and attitude to people. See all your previous posts on this particular thread. I am sorry for whoever puts you at home.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2008
Everyone is saying "support her in her decision" . . . when it comes to serious relationships decisions no longer affect one person but 2.
If i were in klassyguy's shoes i'd object to her working on Nigeria's myriad of flying coffins.
Supporting a woman doesnt always have to involve agreeing to her every needs and wants.

There are better jobs she could go for.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 5:33pm On May 23, 2008
Those of us that work in labs with dieases n ko ? Abegi.

If he can FIND her a better job, let him do so

Until then he should be quiet and let her parents do the whining
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 5:37pm On May 23, 2008
abbyode:

Is it because they havent YET killed you in SA that you are yarning dust.

I asked you a simple question. Instead of getting defensive and running your mouth, a simple Yes or No would be fine.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by abbyode(m): 5:43pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

Is it because they havent YET killed you in SA that you are yarning dust.

I asked you a simple question. Instead of getting defensive and running your mouth, a simple Yes or No would be fine.

Just continue to display your stupidity.
Is that how you were taught to ask questions?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 5:46pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

Those of us that work in labs with dieases n ko ? Abegi.

Working in a lab in the US and working on aircraft in a country with one of the world's worst airspace are two clearly distinct issues. Whether you work in a lab with HIV is not the concern of this thread.

D-reloaded:

If he can FIND her a better job, let him do so

Until then he should be quiet and let her parents do the whining

You still have plenty of learning and growing to do.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by maiduguri: 5:56pm On May 23, 2008
beginning to think abby & reloaded shld get2gether. there seems 2 b a chemistry here! as 4 loverboy discourage d hell out of her cos that job is not exactly d best of jobs! mayb if it wer an international airline, we jst might consider! wink cry cry
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 6:19pm On May 23, 2008
David, piss off seriously. whether your mom is a doct9or has n ever been the concern of Nairaland, yet you don't fail to mention it in just about every theread. As usual you're being a petty SOB that looks for my trouble CONSTANTLY. LET IT GO

If you intend on being an ass, don't reply to me. So bloody simple

POINT remains there are plenty of places one can get hurt. Take your condecending tone elsewhere, jackass

All these business men that do TAKE these "coffin planes" n ko? Should they no longer work or associate with companies of other states?

I understand the boy's dilemma but it's what the girl wants to do. Maybe he can pursade her later to look into safer airlines, or pray she finds an even better job. Trying to "control" what she does is just garbage, either as a BOYFRIEND or even Husband changes NOTHING. All this 'order her to stay" is rubbish/

My father hates my mother's hours and how much she works because he believes it's too tiring, she's aware but she does it anyway because her job is one of her joys. She loves it and he accepts it and continues to love her.

as for you abbybode, It's because you KNOW why i asked you that question that you are getting defensive. I'd sooner pick studpidity over being an overly posessive monster. I'm still waiting o, YES OR NO.  grin
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by frank316(m): 6:20pm On May 23, 2008
this is the only chance you have to have sex on the plane, wow, never done that before, making love in the air, that will be great.

do it before somebody does it for you you
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

David, piss off seriously. whether your mom is a doct9or has n ever been the concern of Nairaland, yet you don't fail to mention it in just about every theread. As usual you're being a petty SOB that looks for my trouble CONSTANTLY. LET IT GO

If you intend on being an ass, don't reply to me. So bloody simple

Grow up, rushing around like a pitbull in a chinashop doth not an independent woman make. I'd be surprised the day you reply to any post without your usual "bloody" this and that. Go see how other women behave and borrow a leaf.
I make mention of stuff when it is pertinent to the thread.

D-reloaded:

I understand the boy's dilemma but it's what the girl wants to do. Maybe he can pursade her later to look into safer airlines, or pray she finds an even better job. Trying to "control" what she does is just garbage, either as a BOYFRIEND or even Husband changes NOTHING. All this 'order her to stay" is rubbish/

The problem is you make claims about "understanding" when its apparent you dont. The boy said absolutely nothing about "controlling" her. The entire essence of his post is that he is voicing a legitimate concern to his gfs career choice. Even the girl herself confirmed her parents are also not happy with her decision with pertinent reasons.

There is nothing to signify control here. Read first before going on rampage.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 7:26pm On May 23, 2008
*sigh*
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Sentra: 7:36pm On May 23, 2008
abbyode:

I don't think you have the right yet to ask her not to take a particular job.
Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Advisable For A Boss To Date Her Office Secretary? / She Refused To Kiss Me, That It Is A Sin. / Photo: Girls Dancing While Bathing In The River - 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.