Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? (4026 Views)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / Why Are Most Girls Not Comfortable With Guyz Having Room Mate / Do You Feel Comfortable With Your Friend Dating Your Sibling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 7:36pm On May 23, 2008
Alagolo tell your boy to stay away from me. Please

I think it's funny that him of all people is talking about "charging into threads"

Maybe others have but I ahvent forgotten your numerous bashings of others. Even one girl who just said "I wont accept my husband's surname because I perfer mine" was given a sermon of abuses from this same little boy. Lmao and he wants to lecture me?

The Irony.

My mentioning labs and what not had EVERYTHING to do with this thread as I was making the point that danger exists EVERYWHERE. Even cops are married.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 7:42pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

yawn. What a predictable bore. I dont reply to posts based on who is doing the posting, i reply to the content of the posts . . . just too bad it happened to be you at the other end . . . i dont think you need to tell me to stay away from you, i wasnt in your path was i?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 7:43pm On May 23, 2008
Im a bore now hehehe grin
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 7:47pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

seems that every guy on NL is my boy today. . .*sigh* why?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by debosky(m): 7:57pm On May 23, 2008
home boy klassguy was a bit ambiguous about what he means by 'I told her my mind' - he could've given an ultimatum, or said he doesn't like the job or what not, but it is truly a dilemma.

Truth be told that there are many accidents in airplanes, but people get killed from riding ordinary okada on the road. . .it may sound fatalistic, but its the truth.

Homeboy even said he is not in town, meaning he likely travels a bit for business or whatever - the roads are as dangerous if not more dangerous than air travel, even in Nigeria.

Finally, I beg to disagree with all the so called 'flying coffin' aspersions being cast - truth be told, the airlines haven't always been the best (some are quite terrible in fact) but after the closure of many of them, the few flying ones are quite reliable and safe according to all recent accounts.

It may not be a comfortable position to take, but in the interim, let her start the job and then you both can reevaluate later and take a joint decision. Don't make it seem like its a 'choose the job or me' situation. A real man will support his woman regardless - she also obviously has a brain and would be concerned for her own life as well.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 8:05pm On May 23, 2008
debosky:

It may not be a comfortable position to take, but in the interim, let her start the job and then you both can reevaluate later and take a joint decision. Don't make it seem like its a 'choose the job or me' situation. A real man will support his woman regardless - she also obviously has a brain and would be concerned for her own life as well.

Exactly. cool

Looks like some of you should "borrow a moinmoin leaf" from our favorite manwhore here. cheesy
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2008
debosky:

Finally, I beg to disagree with all the so called 'flying coffin' aspersions being cast - truth be told, the airlines haven't always been the best (some are quite terrible in fact) but after the closure of many of them, the few flying ones are quite reliable and safe according to all recent accounts.

there are several factors that make Nigerian airspace unsafe besides the state of the aircraft.
1. There is no radar coverage outside Lagos and Abuja, most pilots fly blind.
2. Are our airports (sorry cattle sheds) safe? The last time an international airline complained about bird strikes.
3. Do we have facilities to manage disaster? - It takes us weeks to find a large aircraft.
4. There are stories of aircraft taking off into stormy weather simply because the meteorological service failed to warn them of such - the flight that crashed in the village outside of Ogun state is an example.
5. Aircraft are forced to hover in the air for hrs because a VIP is using the only runway.

Bia, if your girlfriend told you she was joining the army and being deployed to Iraq today will you just sit there and "support" her?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 8:09pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

Exactly. cool

Looks like some of you should "borrow a moinmoin leaf" from our favorite manwhore here. cheesy

no be only exactly. Too many people aggressively pushing points they cant even intelligently articulate. As long as they can insult those with contrary opinions of course.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 8:16pm On May 23, 2008
*sigh*
can both of you get back to topic? troublemakers

Seems like am the only peacemaker on NL today. . i feel so left out
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 8:18pm On May 23, 2008
Anyone care to jog my memory on who it was that argued with someone on stupid crap like the roads of Abeokuta for a whooping 26 pages filled with insults to the brim?

*my mind is hazy*  cheesy
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 8:20pm On May 23, 2008
RampantT:

*sigh*
can both of you get back to topic? troublemakers

Seems like am the only peacemaker on Nairaland today. . i feel so left out
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 8:22pm On May 23, 2008
you want me to call WinnerGal on you?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

Anyone care to jog my memory on who it was that argued with someone on stupid crap like the roads of Abeokuta for a whooping 26 pages filled with insults to the brim?

*my mind is hazy* cheesy

I wouldnt expect airheads like you to have read such "stupid crap". Oh well what can i say.

Outa here to go banter with less vulgar pple. Go on bleating . . .

@ RampantT i've decided to tow the line of peace. grin See how much restraint i'm showing this afternoon.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 8:28pm On May 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

you want me to call WinnerGal on you?
Call her out jare. . I need entertainment tonight

4 Him:

@ RampantT i've decided to tow the line of peace. grin See how much restraint i'm showing this afternoon.
really, I haven't noticed

you and your GF, d-reloaded needs to take it out of NL, plz
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2008
RampantT:

really, I haven't noticed

You wouldnt even notice your nose was on your face if i didnt tell you grin
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by abbyode(m): 8:30pm On May 23, 2008
RampantT:

Rampant,

Itz not as if you are the only peacemaker here but this thing called "grin-reloaded" is absolutely silly and uncultured. Just wait and see what her next reply will look like.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Kosol(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2008
RampantT:

seems that every guy on Nairaland is my boy today. . .*sigh* why?

So what do u intend doing with all the boys - " your boys". I hope it's not what I'm thinking,
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Kosol(m): 8:34pm On May 23, 2008
abbyode:

Rampant,

Itz not as if you are the only peacemaker here but this thing called "grin-reloaded" is absolutely silly and uncultured. Just wait and see what her next reply will look like.

So, who's willing to tame da wild cat?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by banni: 8:36pm On May 23, 2008
That is the fear of any spouse of a airline hostess or pilot.
But lets face it air is still safer then road espically in Nigeria.
Thing is if she really wants this job let her do it and support her.
There are far more dangerous jobs in this world.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Kosol(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2008
Are you scared of heights or flights of uncertainties?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by debosky(m): 8:42pm On May 23, 2008
@ David

I might as well catalogue the myriad of risks involved in merely driving to work everyday

- death from potholes, armed robbers, police men extorting money, danfo drivers, suicidal okada men, 'one chance' bus operators and so on. . .does that mean you will stop going to work while living in Nigeria?

Those risks are there no doubt, but are they much higher than in regular life for the average Nigerian? NO - in fact, if you take percentages, you are far more likely to die just drinking contaminated pure water or riding okada than you are flying in an airplane.

This is not a case of going to Iraq- she's taking an airhostess position in the country - hardly cause to blow your lid over, unless you yourself have sworn never to fly in naija again. Again, homeboy himself travels for business - na leg him dey take waka go or na African Airlines aka juju him dey use? grin

It may be a cause for concern, but 'telling her his mind' is not really the way to approach it - a discussion and rational plan is needed IMO.

@ D-R who you dey call manwhore? no let my wifey catch you oh tongue
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 8:45pm On May 23, 2008
4 Him:

You wouldnt even notice your nose was on your face if i didnt tell you grin
So you call this peaceful abi? angry angry
Dnt worry eh!
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2008
debosky:

It may be a cause for concern, but 'telling her his mind' is not really the way to approach it - a discussion and rational plan is needed IMO.

very good points . . . but its easy to give such advice from the vantage position of being the outsider. The guy has every right to be worried . . . unless i'm the only one still stuck in the 18th century no where are men prevented from "expressing their minds" to the women they are seriously dating.
Should the girl also not express reservations if he were making a decision that would ultimately affect them both?

What do you mean by "discussion and rational plan"? From his post the girl is not interested in such at all . . . if my parents were deeply worried about a life choice i'd be taking a second look at it instead of wailing that my boyfriend wasnt supporting me.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 8:58pm On May 23, 2008
lmao I wasnt an "airhead" before hahahhaa grin
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 9:03pm On May 23, 2008
@ D-R who you dey call manwhore? no let my wifey catch you oh

Which one of them? The 8th one is quite aware tongue

I like how debo is pretty much saying the same thing I was syaing before yet his points are "good" while Im merely an "airhead". Amazing how babies just turn overnight

Biased mongrel. Dont know who he thinks he's fooling.

*bleat bleat* cheesy
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 9:09pm On May 23, 2008
again?
you ppl get wahala jare
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 9:11pm On May 23, 2008
bleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat tongue
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by ty4real(m): 9:34pm On May 23, 2008
@Poster!

Dont give your self worries man,it only show how much you love and adore her,its not easy to get a lady you will want to guide meticulously!So wait till you guys see face to face!Maybe after,her decision will sound convincing to you,but leave story ooo,money dey the work oooooo grin grin grin So look more on the benfits and focus less on the disadvantages cool cool
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by debosky(m): 10:28pm On May 23, 2008
ty4real:

@Poster!

Dont give your self worries man,it only show how much you love and adore her,its not easy to get a lady you will want to guide meticulously![/b]So wait till you guys see face to face!Maybe after,her decision will sound convincing to you,but leave story ooo,money dey the work oooooo grin grin grin So look more on the benfits and focus less on the disadvantages cool cool

dem don come again oh! guide meticulously? Is she a child who is not yet mentally developed to make decisions or is she an ox that needs to be 'guided' to graze in the right places?

@ David

there is no problem in him expressing his views, but the tone of 'telling her my mind' suggests to me that it was laid down like the law - remember my first post - homeboy left it [b]pretty ambiguous
as to how he did the 'expression' of his mind. If he did it in a way that was considerate, maybe her repsonse would not have been the same. Being worried is one thing, but especially with women (no offense) you need to choose your words carefully to make sure you are passing the message across correctly, that it doesn't sound domineering or 'choose between me and the job'.

I'm guessing based on the responses here that if he thinks the same way, he'd have laid it down like the law or like a superior all knowing being delivering 'guidance' - which is utter bollocks to me (pardon my french)
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 23, 2008
. . .too much grammar *sighs*

@op

Let her be, simple and short tongue
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 12:29am On May 24, 2008
debosky:

@ David

there is no problem in him expressing his views, but the tone of 'telling her my mind' suggests to me that it was laid down like the law - remember my first post - homeboy left it pretty ambiguous as to how he did the 'expression' of his mind. If he did it in a way that was considerate, maybe her repsonse would not have been the same. Being worried is one thing, but especially with women (no offense) you need to choose your words carefully to make sure you are passing the message across correctly, that it doesn't sound domineering or 'choose between me and the job'.

All due respect but this is completely unrealistic in real life. There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling my gf my mind . . . women pull the "choose me or ur friends" stunt almost all the time . . . so what if the guy said to choose between the relationship and her job?

The guy has legitimate fears that has been echoed by her parents and friends too so what's the big deal here?

Since when did we start having to watch how we speak our minds to our gfs? I'm not for controlling her movement, choices or lifestyle but as long as she's with me she must understand that whatever decisions we both make is no longer about one person's benefit alone but must take into consideration the feelings of the other.

debosky:

I'm guessing based on the responses here that if he thinks the same way, he'd have laid it down like the law or like a superior all knowing being delivering 'guidance' - which is utter bollocks to me (pardon my french)

He clearly didnt sayhe laid anything down as the law, that is what certain clueless females here have read into a simple post in order to say the usual crap about independence.

If my gf suddenly decided she wanted to jeopardise our relationship by going off to do missionary work in Afghanistan you bet she's having a piece of my mind AND the law.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 12:31am On May 24, 2008
stillwater:

. . .too much grammar *sighs*

abi o. . Gosh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Any Of U Get Married To An Hardcore Lesbian? / Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? / Why Female Medical Doctors Too Dey Form For Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.