Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? (4024 Views)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / Why Are Most Girls Not Comfortable With Guyz Having Room Mate / Do You Feel Comfortable With Your Friend Dating Your Sibling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Radiant(f): 1:46am On May 24, 2008
Oga Klassy, I was puzzled when I read this from you "Should i hide my fears and let her accept this job or do i tell her not to go for it if she eventually gets it"?

Lol, after some weeks off NL I still come back to see people like you. You got jokes. wink

First of all, either you hide your fears or make it known you can't decide if she accepts the job and neither can you stop her from doing the job when she gets it.

I understand the whole aviation madness but on the other hand I worry seriously where some of you get this spirit of dictatorship.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by debosky(m): 1:49am On May 24, 2008
Bros David she is flying on aircraft as an air attendant, not joining the Japanese Kamikaze crew grin

I won't roll with a girl who tells me to choose between her and my friends, so for me that is out anyways - I don't support any party throwing ultimatums in that fashion. While someone is your girlfriend, would you just throw words carelessly that can be misinterpreted?

Young man it seems you still have some things to learn - What I would tell my male friend that he would understand fully once I said it, a woman can arrive at a completely different conclusion from the same words. I am not saying don't speak your 'mind' as it were - but the focus is on what you are trying to communicate - rather than blowing your top or laying down ultimatums in the name of both of us being involved and needing to decide together.

You learn to communicate, not just 'speak your mind' - the aim here is to let her see what he means, if in speaking his mind he comes off as selfish and not wanting her interests, what good is that? Is the issue not letting her realise how he really feels? Or being a man means you tell it as it is, whether or not it gets lost in translation or not?

This dude travels for business or other reasons, did she say 'don't take your job' because of that? Lets be rational here and not blow this air hostess thing out of proportion, it is not as unsafe as you're making it. Her parents have concerns yes, but are they saying do not do the job?

he is telling her to 'go for it'? Is he her boss? that is the issue here - expressing your feelings are one thing, but if its in his mind to tell or not tell her to go on, it means he likely laid it down like the law.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Radiant(f): 1:57am On May 24, 2008
Lol. . . Cute Debo, which do u prefer , a kiss or a hug? wink grin
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 2:05am On May 24, 2008
Radiant:

Lol. . . Cute Debo, which do u prefer , a kiss or a hug? wink grin
I think he prefers a gun
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Radiant(f): 2:09am On May 24, 2008
Lol. . . .and who is "Rampant"? grin You people never get tired of changing IDs grin

"Rampant", you don't shoot a cutie, aight? wink
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by RampantT(f): 2:12am On May 24, 2008
Radiant:

Lol. . . .and who is "Rampant"? grin You people never get tired of changing IDs grin

"Rampant", you don't shoot a cutie, aight? wink
Ofcourse not. . .

That's why I'm allowed to shoot debo grin cheesy
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by LadyT(f): 2:15am On May 24, 2008
God shes trying to better her life.

She nots selling her body or drugs!

No job is safe!
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by klassyguy(m): 2:11pm On May 24, 2008
[b]Thank you all for your responses. I just want to make a few things clear to you all and to those who misquoted some of the statements i made earlier:-

- Some of you were of the opinion that it was a "choose me or your job" kind of situation. Let me tell y'all that i never, ever think that way and i will never impose myself on the girl. It's she who will make the final decision. We had this discussion sometimes last year when we were first going out newly, and i asked her then that what does she feel about being an air hostess. It was she herself that told me she never liked the job, that she wouldn't want to work in this country's aviation industry, etc. Now that she told me she got a job, what i only told her was that i didn't feel too comfortable about it, and that i'll prefer her to be on the ground with me rather that flying around in the Nigerian airspace, but if she feels that she wants to go for it, i'll have to sit back and prayy everything works out well. Everyone knows hw unsafe our airspace is with the level of decay which had occurred in the sector over the years.

- What i meant when i said i "told her my mind" was what i have explained above. I'll never use my selfish interests to spoil her dreams. She asked me for her support and i've told her that when we see (possibly today as i'll be heading back very soon) we'll talk more on the issue and we'll then have a joint issue and conclusion. i'm not that kinda guy who just imposes things onto my girlfriend, even if we were married. I always like to hear everyone's side of issues first. What i intend doing later on today is when we sit down and talk, we'll weigh both ways and whatever comes out will be our final decision. She too told me on phone yesterday morning that she has mixed feelings about the job and she doesn't know whether to accept it or not. Whatever happens, i'll surely give you all the updates.

I hope i've made myself clear. Kapish, everyone?[/b]
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 2:18pm On May 24, 2008
good job klassyguy.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Dreloaded(f): 2:45pm On May 24, 2008
debo, wa jere wink

klassy, It's nice to know unlike the other neanderthals you dont believe in imposing yourself on your partner, quick quesdtion though. . . how do you travel for business?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Radiant(f): 9:47pm On May 24, 2008
D-reloaded:

how do you travel for business?

Rofl. . . wink
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by chika98: 11:11pm On May 24, 2008
Air travel is the safest way of travelling but with the exception of naija local airlines tho. Those airplanes are so old
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by lumideezle(m): 3:08am On May 25, 2008
paddy look i have the perfect ans to your problem i know the chairman of conductors association in obalende i can talk to him 4 u im really positive he would have an opening for your gf.

look men i have to b frank wit u let the babe be dont push her too mch else u cld loose her just support her
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Vuitton(m): 4:26am On May 25, 2008
I notice that air hostess in 9ja usually have big bootie.
If ur girl fits the profile then ur fears are mis-directed!
Trust me, her courtesy will be converted to customer servicing.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:01am On May 25, 2008
Men like you need to be beaten.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by doncaster(m): 8:33am On May 25, 2008
Debosky

I might as well catalogue the myriad of risks involved in merely driving to work everyday
- death from potholes, armed robbers, police men extorting money, danfo drivers, suicidal okada men, 'one chance' bus operators and so on. . .does that mean you will stop going to work while living in Nigeria
Basing your argument on the dangers of travelling by road multiplies her wahala because she has to travel by road to get to the airport. I believe the aircraft does not take off from their house.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:46am On May 26, 2008
stillwater:

Men like you need to be beaten.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by klassyguy(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2008
D-reloaded, if you don't have anything meaningful to say, could you please refrain from hurling your insults in my general direction?
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by 4Him1(m): 5:13pm On May 26, 2008
doncaster:

Debosky
Basing your argument on the dangers of travelling by road multiplies her wahala because she has to travel by road to get to the airport. I believe the aircraft does not take off from their house.

o boy, Debo's argument just left me slack jawed. I cant believe in this era we no longer have the chance to tell our gfs how we sincerely feel about their own choices. We may as well just be friends.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by ty4real(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2008
@Poster!

Good man you are ,imaking progress about the whole thing.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by klassyguy(m): 6:01pm On May 26, 2008
ty4real:

@Poster!

Good man you are ,imaking progress about the whole thing.

A man definitely has to make progress in a case like this, especially if it concerns someone you truely love and have chosen to spend the rest of your life with.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by morayosola: 4:58pm On May 27, 2008
this frank person sounds like a psychopath

Reloaded, i totally agree. The guy did not even hint at the phone incident at all but all the ego tripping chauvinist could bring out of the whole story is the fact that she dropped the phone on him. Thank God Say u no be the guy close friend, na una type go poison the guy mind come pour sand sand for them garri.
Re: I'm Not Comfortable With My Baby's New Job - What Do I Do? by finemocha(f): 1:24am On Sep 11, 2009
@ poster

well do u financially take care of her, because if u do and u can keep her happy then yes u can tell her u dont want her to work. but if u dont, well there is nothing u can do about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Advisable For A Boss To Date Her Office Secretary? / She Refused To Kiss Me, That It Is A Sin. / Photo: Girls Dancing While Bathing In The River - 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.