Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? (19664 Views)

Is This Kinda NO SEX RELATIONSHIP Worth It ? / How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
To me, i believe long distance relationship is a big sham by one of the party involved. It might be the guy or the babe but one party is definitely playing one party. How can you explain a girl in School in PH riding/sexing another man while answering the call of her supposed fiance in lagos saying "Sweetie, i miss you, I love you" while the joystick of another man is still inside her?? how can you explain another married man harboring a young girl in his home while his wife just took a trip to South Africa. Nairalanders.. my eyes have seen, my ears have heard and what more should i say? Is long distance relationship really worth the stress? knowing fully well that one party would cheat? and why do people involve themselves in long distance relationship? Is it because of their low self esteem or timidity? mind you, I have enjoyed the benevolence of long distance relationship grin it ended well but not an happily ever after well.

8 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Odunharry(m): 1:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
yap it is worth it...nt for evrybody

5 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
Odunharry: yap it is worth it...nt for evrybody
yea.. it not for everybody.. i think is meant for timid people.. or what explanation can your provide?

1 Like

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nomski0(f): 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
Me i can have a long distance affair.......though it depends on the distance sha and how often we see each other. Reasons why we are far apart matters too and Trust is a major factor, without trust, they're both deceiving each other.
Also if we have a long history together then we'll tackle the distance thing.
@op I've also seen people who made it work. It all depends on the partners involved.

14 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nomski0: Me i can have a long distance affair.......though it depends on the distance sha and how often we see each other. Reasons why we are far apart matters too and Trust is a major factor, without trust, they're both deceiving each other.
Also if we have a long history together then we'll tackle the distance thing.
@op I've also seen people who made it work. It all depends on the partners involved.
you know there's a difference between an affair and a relationship? you also said it depends on the distance which means if he is outside the country, something might happen? if you guys don't see each other for like 6 - 12months, something might happen?? well, long history together factor might work to some extent becuz by then, you would have known what your partner can or cannot do.. Long history together is an important factor if the distance thing would work out.. but it's quite sure to some extent that if a guy goes outside Nigeria today, he might drop his GF back in Nigeria for a white woman cuz of citizenship and all that.. do you agree
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Sanboy25: 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Some human beings, men and women, can control themselves when they are in a relationship with another person, that's called commitment. I think that in rare cases, long-distant relationship are worth it. But for the majority of people out there, the 'hungry' boys and girls, I would advise for them to put an end to the masquerade they are calling 'relationship' if they can't hold it and find a mate near their new location.

4 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
Sanboy25: Some human beings, men and women, can control themselves when they are in a relationship with another person, that's called commitment. I think that in rare cases, long-distant relationship are worth it. But for the majority of people out there, the 'hungry' boys and girls, I would advise for them to put an end to the masquerade they are calling 'relationship' if they can't hold it and find a mate near their new location.
it's very very extremely rare that long distance relationship works out.. even commitment in a non-distance relationship/short-distance relationship is still a problem not to talk about commitment in a very long distance relationship.. If you feel that a man is right for you, or a woman is right for you, someone must be ready to relocate.. the idea of long distance thing is just a mirage for a guy that as money to spend around cuz definitely, this would attract women around. And in the case of a lady, if she's beautiful.. men would keep on flocking around.. Trust me, most ladies are elastic.. when the get to their breaking point, they fall grin

5 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nomski0(f): 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
bennyraz: you know there's a difference between an affair and a relationship? you also said it depends on the distance which means if he is outside the country, something might happen? if you guys don't see each other for like 6 - 12months, something might happen?? well, long history together factor might work to some extent becuz by then, you would have known what your partner can or cannot do.. Long history together is an important factor if the distance thing would work out.. but it's quite sure to some extent that if a guy goes outside Nigeria today, he might drop his GF back in Nigeria for a white woman cuz of citizenship and all that.. do you agree
I agree, and i meant relationship not affair.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by druid06(m): 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
Being a slow news day on Nairaland while I had somehow being avoiding this topic for personal reasons, I am going to comment on this topic nevertheless since I am bored out of my mind and I think I am running out on booze. grin

Long distance relationships might work and might not depending on the individuals involved. Take for example, a career oriented man who's always busy chasing his dream and traveling around to make sure his business or that of his companies grows and developes and is married. If he has an understanding wife/partner who trusts and understands him knowing full well the nature of his job, she might persevere.

Also married couples could undergo such torture if one or both couples find themselves apart for some reason known to them same with Military wives and their husbands.

Where a long distance relationship might not work is when one or both parties might not return for some reason unknown to them. Take for example, you meet someone online or via any social networking site and you both hit it off immediately and you began dating knowing the distance between you guys being one of the individual in that kind of relationship is thousand of miles and ocean away in another far country and that individual has no reason to leave to meet you for whatever personal reasons being it work or some personal stuff and you on the other hand don't think of ever relocating. On such scenerio, long distance relationships would never work.

So like I have said, it all depends on the couples and their willingness to make sacrificies and the type of relationship they are in i.e marriage. Personal, I can't handle the torture of being in a long distance relationship as one might go loco if you're not strong emotionally to deal with it.

5 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by fittty(m): 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
Can I please get likes for no reason?

25 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Sanboy25: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
fittty: Can I please get likes for no reason?
-> Hum...... NO tongue grin
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by omiobo: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hmmm..not worth it.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by beautyng(f): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
it highly depends on d loyalty nd sincerity dey have 4 each oda.....
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
if your bf likes toto, just forget long distance.. all things being equal lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Evestar200(f): 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
@OP,,it depends on the kind of pple,,,some pple cant control themselves and those kind of pple are not good 4 long distance relationship,,,the pple who are strong and can control and deal with their emotion are the ones that can sustain and maintain long distance relationship,,

1 Like

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Pedagogue: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
"...knowing fully well that one party would cheat? "

@ Op, so u think the cause of 'cheating' is long distance? Far from it! He/she that will cheat wil cheat - even if the person is living in your nose.

1.Long distance does not have to do with the distance of location...Even if you see your spouse/GF / BF everyday, once his/her mind is far from you, u are in a long distance relationship!

2.Once u enjoy the company of a member of d opposite sex other than your spouse, you are in a long distance relationship!

3. Once u find it difficult to communicate effectively with that person u call GF /BF ,u are in a long distance relationship...even if u sleep together everyday!

@ Op, long distance as a result of location difference is not the reason why relationships/marriages don't work...communication is!

I'm not in any way saying that physical communication is not important...all I'm saying is, Communication is key- Afterall, it is impossible for a man and woman to be glued together- because there are times they may have to be genuinely apart ....Thus, understanding and constant communication is key!Distance is a thing of the mind

25 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2013
druid06:
you meet someone online or via any social networking site and you both hit it off immediately and you began dating knowing the distance between you guys being one of the individual in that kind of relationship is thousand of miles and ocean away in another far country and that individual has no reason to leave to meet you for whatever personal reasons being it work or some personal stuff and you on the other hand don't think of ever relocating. On such scenerio, long distance relationships would never work.

relocation is key to survival here except if one of the party visit the other at-least twice monthly before finally relocating.. it wouldn't be advisable in cases of taking overseas trips twice a month except if you gat the bankrolls
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by cisplatin: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
This girl travels from long distances to be with me anytime i call. To her bf....with whom she has a short distance relationship, she just travelled...not knowing she is f***king another man all d tym. Can you say HIS short distance relationship is working?

My point? It is not really about the DISTANCE..., it is about THE PEOPLE keeping the distance.

NO RELATIONSHIP IS PERFECT! All of them are flawed, if you care to find the flaws. I advice you dare not try to find them...cause u will certainly see them.

7 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
beauty ng: it highly depends on d loyalty nd sincerity dey have 4 each oda.....
yea it's true sha but it would be tested with various temptations
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
Evestar200: @OP,,it depends on the kind of pple,,,some pple cant control themselves and those kind of pple are not good 4 long distance relationship,,,the pple who are strong and can control and deal with their emotion are the ones that can sustain and maintain long distance relationship,,
the people who can't control themselves are the sexually active people why those that can control themselves are not sexually active i.e Virgins do you agree?
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Afrok(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
Does it really matter weda d relationship is short or long distance one? Wot I tink is dt,a relationship dt will workout will, irrespective of d word short or long.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by ATMCARD2(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
bennyraz: To me, i believe long distance relationship is a big sham by one of the party involved. It might be the guy or the babe but one party is definitely playing one party. How can you explain a girl in School in PH riding/sexing another man while answering the call of her supposed fiance in lagos saying "Sweetie, i miss you, I love you" while the joystick of another man is still inside her?? how can you explain another married man harboring a young girl in his home while his wife just took a trip to South Africa. Nairalanders.. my eyes have seen, my ears have heard and what more should i say? Is long distance relationship really worth the stress? knowing fully well that one party would cheat? and why do people involve themselves in long distance relationship? Is it because of their low self esteem or timidity? mind you, I have enjoyed the benevolence of long distance relationship grin it ended well but not an happily ever after well.
.Ask Adaobi hw we r dng ourz.I dn't hv much talk.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
cisplatin:
My point? It is not really about the DISTANCE..., it is about THE PEOPLE keeping the distance.

NO RELATIONSHIP IS PERFECT! All of them are flawed, if you care to find the flaws. I advice you dare not try to find them...cause u will certainly see them.
yes it is about the people keeping the distance.. (virgins & non-virgins) no relationship is perfect but it as to be almost perfect for it to end up being an happily ever after relationship.. the thing is, you must find each other mistakes and each party must be ready to correct his/her mistakes for the sake of the other.. For example, i smoke and i drink.. and my partner doesn't want me doing that.. becus i love her, i must be ready to quit drinking and smoking.. My GF keep all sort of friends and i don't like it.. she must be ready to throw them to the dust-bin cuz she loves me! that is making sacrifices.. Both party have to make it! then the relationship is working towards trust and perfection.

1 Like

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by momodub: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
yawa go gas ooo coolcold too much for abroad, kunji go just dey catch man or woman any how the next thing na kukere go want your waist
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by qplus(m): 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
For me d definition of a long distance relationship is when you r using MTN and she is using GLO.

3 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Brinxs(m): 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
It just depends on how much the both parties want to be together and how sincere they are about it. Distance or no distance, those that will cheat, will cheat.

2 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by sirhamilton(m): 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
personally i strongly feel most times distnce doesnt rilly guarantee a successful relatioship. How bout married folks who cheat on each other whilst still leaving together. What brings bout cheating most times in relationships is :greed n promiscuity. Though been seperated for long periods might spell doom for reletionships it also serves as the perfect acid test to ascertain if its just infatuation being mistaken for love

2 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by eightsin(m): 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hhhmmm...i've not been in one but i think it depends on how often they see.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
I believe we have discused dis same issue countless times on this forum. y bring dis up again
If it doesnt work for u doesnt mean it wont work for others.
it is about commitment and trust.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by ELHOMBRE(m): 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2013
Senor Op. You keep calling people in this kinda relationship timid. Por que? Do you know what made them to be far from each other? This kinda love is what you use in guaging how strong love is. Mierda
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by cuteshade(f): 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
Distance doesn't matter,its d love,trust self discipline and commitment they put in the relationship that matters.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
Joavid: I believe we have discussed dis same issue countless times on this forum. y bring dis up again
If it doesn't work for u doesn't mean it wont work for others.
it is about commitment and trust.

Yes! btw I'm here in Nigeria and she's in the U.K. We communicate everyday and we're good!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Who Is The Hottest Man In The World 2 You? / Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner / Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.