Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? (19681 Views)

Is This Kinda NO SEX RELATIONSHIP Worth It ? / How Long Is Long Enough To Chase After A Lady? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
it works for those who knows what it takes to be in a r/ship....n not fr amateurs who thinks r/ship is all abt sex.

3 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by AbuMikey(m): 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
I refuse to contribute on this!
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by tohirah(f): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
It isn't abt the distance but abt the commitment and trust they got for each other. A faithful guy might cheat cos he doesn't trust his gf to be faithful. Unfaithful lovers would cheat even in a nxt door relationship.

Someone who can't be faithful in long distance rel isn't worth staying with, would he/she flirt even after marriage all cos the spouse is far away for one reson or the other?
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Pedagogue: 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by ghettodreamz(m): 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Good relationship = Genuine Love + Commitment + Trust + Honesty

Distance relationship - Trust - Honesty - Commitment - Effective & Constant Communication = F9

NAIRALAND & recycled threads cry cry cry cry
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by BeingAkorede(m): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
Long Distance or Distance Relationship?

Well, allow me to quote shah ruh khan. SRK says " distance is also part of love"

Sometimes, lovers are seperated by time and distance on individual path which makes it so easy to know the kind of partner he or she is. However, that is not the end of the relationship provided there is constant interaction depending on the fundament of the relationship.

In distance relationship the partners tend be more anxious to meet, they know more about each other if only the lovers communicate well. More so, there's high level of deception.

It works for some people where as, its a totally a time to others.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Yemiologie: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pls pls pls, it seems some poeple dont know what trust means. Are you saying when a boy and a gal are in distance, the boy or the gal should pretend that nothing is happening all in the name of trust. Dont be surprise that your wife go carry bastard come your house wey you dey busy dey trust.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Godson201333(m): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yes it works and I have Testimonies..
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
I don't know oh! Ask ogugua and sexkillz lipsrsealed
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
Yemiologie: Pls pls pls, it seems some poeple dont know what trust means. Are you saying when a boy and a gal are in distance, the boy or the gal should pretend that nothing is happening all in the name of trust. Dont be surprise that your wife go carry bastard come your house wey you dey busy dey trust.
i was patiently waiting for someone to say this make hin no kan be like say na benny oversabi everything grin
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
It will be the death of me.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
for those that is saying it works.. I'm not disputing it. There is still room for plenty cheating without the other party knowing it. So get that fact right! nobody holy pass.. we're just pretending as if all is well with their idea of long distance! you begin to imagine what your other partner might be doing at the moment.. you call his/her phone.. it's switched off or he/she doesn't pick up.. you don't get to hear from he/she after hours! you now begin to suspect foul play.. later the other party say "you're feeling insecure" you begin to quarrel and not talk to each other for days.. You reconcile and get back to status quo.. still yet you aint satisfied! so many drama

Lastly I Would emphatically say that good, sexy looking girls should forget about long distance relationship cuz u wud cheat the same goes for sexy, successful guys cuz the women wud keep hovering around ya.. and as we all know, men are potential cheaters especially when they gat cash
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by babypipsy: 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
My first and only relationship is Long distance . It's 2years now and we are both enjoying it and desiring to see each other.infact, we are getting married very soon. It depends on both parties to agree to make it work.we talk everyday, pray together, plan and share ideas. It would amaze you that we've not had even a quarrel so far.
In reality, if you are not ready to give it all it takes, I beg you to stay off.
Please don't forget the God factor

5 Likes

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
cheesy am an example to the doubting thomas....diz is my 1yr into it and am still counting

1 Like

Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
babypipsy: My first and only relationship is Long distance . It's 2years now and we are both enjoying it and desiring to see each other.
Please don't forget the God factor
Good news.. yes the God factor! you guyz must really have the fear of God in you! sorry o.. no offense o! do you guys attend the same church?
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by babypipsy: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
No we don't. We once worked in the same office.
bennyraz: Good news.. yes the God factor! you guyz must really have the fear of God in you! sorry o.. no offense o! do you guys attend the same church?
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
ok.. but how can you be so sure that he aint cheating cuz u aint seeing things for yourself or are you getting report on him from another source
babypipsy: No we don't. We once worked in the same office.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by drnoel: 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
Forgive my being rude but I believe thesis topic has been over trashed. See links below:https://www.nairaland.com/550841/what-strengthens-long-distance-relationship
https://www.nairaland.com/951046/long-distance-relationship
https://www.nairaland.com/352358/long-distance-relationships-really-work
https://www.nairaland.com/5339/confused-problems-long-distance-relationship
https://www.nairaland.com/1000629/building-long-distance-relationship
https://www.nairaland.com/1303423/long-distance-relationships-just-say

I mean someone even added songs for long time relationship to show we had exhausted all the topics or things to say about the matter.https://www.nairaland.com/608634/best-long-distance-relationship-songs

Now if all these links don't help you answer your question I believe u won't get ur answers here then. But then, if u got something new to say to the matter then u have the floor but pls don't bore us then with an over flogged issue. Unless u just wanted to recast, decline redo a thread then p,s do tell us or give us ur reason for wanting our attention or doing so.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Wendyphil(f): 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2013
It's not easy though buh....it's worth it!
Trust ....Sincerity...Commitment...Good morals..If u truly love ur partner,u wudn't want to see him/her hurt.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by igemi(f): 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
Long distance relationship is better. Bt it depend on dere level of commitment. It may not work for u, bt it work 4 some.when it come 2 man and woman matter someone should b careful, we all knw ourself.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by kobolinko39: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
Am in a long distant rlationship.2 me it's hrd wrk,dpressin n i realy bliv dis grl av nt bin truthful bt i luv hr.i myslf av dn so many tinz bt we claim we luv each oda.u guyz cnt bliv dis! we'v nt met 4 clos 2 3yrs.i min am in plateau she is in delta. [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by francescainnoce(f): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
i fink it depends.....nd it works perfectly well wen those INVOLVED ARE VIRGINS.....nonDless It takes a lot to make long distance relationship go well ...LEST they grow old before their due time....above all, if GOD B BY THEIR SIDE.....WHO CAN SAY OTHERWISE.....
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Cutestee(m): 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
bennyraz: you know there's a difference between an affair and a relationship? you also said it depends on the distance which means if he is outside the country, something might happen? if you guys don't see each other for like 6 - 12months, something might happen?? well, long history together factor might work to some extent becuz by then, you would have known what your partner can or cannot do.. Long history together is an important factor if the distance thing would work out.. but it's quite sure to some extent that if a guy goes outside Nigeria today, he might drop his GF back in Nigeria for a white woman cuz of citizenship and all that.. do you agree
well it might work for you and not work for others..... What about me? I have a fiancee.... We've been dating for 5years now and we've seen each other for the last two years... And the thing is still there..... What can you say to that.?
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
yes.. Drnoel.. we've flogged the issue before.. i only flogged it from a different perspective! And if you look at it.. the topic says.. is long distance relationship worth it?
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
Cutestee: What can you say to that.?
whats the secret?
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by nous(f): 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2013
Long distance relationships require commitment from both parties for it to work.
I
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by francescainnoce(f): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
insecurity is one factor that can cause a huge damage on a long distance relationship...
inferiority is another............
low self esteem...........
lack of trust , courage and many more..... can be of great disadvantage.
I think Long distance relationship is for the mature MINDS (not minding the age).
but then one has got to Love not minding the PLACE AND PLANET(LOOL)....
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Cutestee(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
bennyraz: whats the secret?
m just saying it works for others
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Tarelove(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
Depending with the kind of person.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Tarelove(m): 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
Not for everyone.
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pedagogue: "...knowing fully well that one party would cheat? "

@ Op, so u think the cause of 'cheating' is long distance? Far from it! He/she that will cheat wil cheat - even if the person is living in your nose.

1.Long distance does not have to do with the distance of location...Even if you see your spouse/GF / BF everyday, once his/her mind is far from you, u are in a long distance relationship!

2.Once u enjoy the company of a member of d opposite sex other than your spouse, you are in a long distance relationship!

3. Once u find it difficult to communicate effectively with that person u call GF /BF ,u are in a long distance relationship...even if u sleep together everyday!

@ Op, long distance as a result of location difference is not the reason why relationships/marriages don't work...communication is!

I'm not in any way saying that physical communication is not important...all I'm saying is, Communication is key- Afterall, it is impossible for a man and woman to be glued together- because there are times they may have to be genuinely apart ....Thus, understanding and constant communication is key!Distance is a thing of the mind
#Best Answer so far! #Kudos
Re: Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
What is the need of being in a relationship and still doing soapy, hugging pillows in an unholy manner, have frequent wet dreams and being lonely? Haba! I better remain single.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Fun: Guyz How Do your babe Ask For Sex When she is With You? / Gentlemen, It Is Not Polite To Borrow Money From A Lady - Grant Harrold / Why Do African Guys Like Marrying/dating African-american Gals So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.