Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims (28530 Views)

Disturbing Pictures Of Underage Boys Trained By Boko Haram / Names Of 35 Nigerian Senators Who Voted For Underage Marriage Bill / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by loswhite(m): 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
Scarpon: its our tradition not a law the northern part of Nigeria the qwari people get married as from age of 12 and upwards. my mum was married at the age of 16 granny at the age of 15 its our tradition we should not allow the western life take it out from us
did ur mum or granny use Internet? U should have just stayed in d bush of qwari and continue to marry 12 yrs old na otondo
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by eightsin(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hhhmmm...owkay...what next?
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by betrani(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
idnoble135: This is trash! Later they tell us that this is civilization? All those happened then, are they trying to drag us again to the dark ages? The primitive times? Cant believe this!
If not for those shameless senators that accented to the bill, i wonder how such would sound in his mouth.
Whosoever has an affair with with a young girl is a pervert and deserves to be hanged.
#To hell with that bill. Any man that tries that rubbish with my daughter in future, i will bury his balls in the next 24 hrs. Lol, but am serious.
Crime against Underage girls is as worse as same-sex marriage or relationships! Those fools should put theirselves in the position of those illiterate people who claim its their right and imagine themselves being intimate With their 14 year old daughters! Pedophyles

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by eightsin(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
ebamma 3: see that mumu tout, now getting free publicity, na gej cause all dis nansense

How? Na him gv am amnesty?
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by amiskurie(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
if dats wat the quran says so be it
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Ayatullah(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Asari Dokubo, why are you always on the wrong side? When you are not exhibiting your Niger-Delta affinity with GEJ you will be supporting an unserious man called Yerima.........why not live your beautiful Islamic name - MUJAHID? I hope you are aware of the saying attributed to our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) denying anyone as not being one of his ummah who put his alliance first and foremost with his kith and kin other than the Muslims. Assalm alaikum ya Mujahid Asari Dokubo, barka Jumma and happy Ramadan.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by saolab: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
psky:

It's our problem, those girls are suffering terribly, we cannot just sit back and relax because Christians are not involved, what's happened to our conscience? Like Albert Einstein said: the world would not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. It is our responsibility to make sure this nonsense is stopped!
Then, go national assembly and stop them or kill yourself when you see a lady (being under age in your belief) marry someone, infact i dont know why some of you think upside down.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by loswhite(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
Metallurgist: @berem u should have ask ur pastors or father at what age marry the mother of jesus got pregnant with jesus? At eleven years old and her pregnancy was a normal like normal women, and she marry a carpenter of over a 100 yrs old at 13yrs and girls marrying at 11 t0 17 yrs old is normal in those xtain era up to 1800 A.D just because the west say 18 its does nt means god word or could u show me in the bible where it says a girl has to be 18 to get married, and yea it does concern xtainity
soure pls
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by eightsin(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
Scarpon: its our tradition not a law the northern part of Nigeria the qwari people get married as from age of 12 and upwards. my mum was married at the age of 16 granny at the age of 15 its our tradition we should not allow the western life take it out from us

Take what is good and leave what is aweful...a lady has the right to be happy in marriage. Moreover,@ dat age,she is nt capable of making gud judgement.

You want a kid that still bliv in santa (fada chrstmas) to make valid decisions. Neva.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Quelme: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
[quote author=Maxymilliano]
Alh. Asari Dokubo in Muslim garb

A prominent Niger Delta Muslim, Alhaji Mujahid Abubakr Dokubo-Asari, has lashed out at critics of the moves by Nigeria’s Senate to approve under-age marriage.

Expressing his opinion on the issue this morning, Dokubo, who converted to Islam as an adult, insisted that it is the right of Muslims to marry or give out their daughters at any age they wish, adding that this is not the business of non-Muslims.

Said the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF) leader through Facebook:
“People should learn to respect other people’s sensibilities… We Muslims have the right to marry when we want or give out our daughters at any age we want. It is not your business and the law must respect our right to do so.

Anything short of that is an infringement on our rights. We did not ask you to marry ladies of that age or give your daughters out in marriage at that age. Plzzzzzzzz respect our sensibilities.”

News Express reports that the Nigerian Senate has come under fire from outraged Nigerians and the international community after being convinced by Senator Ahmad Yarima to drop a constitutional amendment outlawing marriage to girls under 18. The former Zamfara State governor who once came under fire for marrying a girl believed to be aged 13 had argued that Islam recognises under-age marriage.

Issues pertaining to religion usually evoke strong reactions in Nigeria, a deeply religious nation that has Christianity and Islam as the dominant faiths.
Fast Forward===> 10 years later, Nigerian population===> 600 million. Medical report===> 50 million cases of fistula exclusive to Northern Nigeria. Boko Haram members===>50 million. Why always isRam..?
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by usdane: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
when my christian class maate once told me that her father and mother are doing marriage in Church then, that she's inviting me, i was confused! I asked what marriage again? After they had already given birth to you and all ur siblings? Or they divorced and wants to re-marry? When she said it's the first one, i could'nt help but burst into laughter and im wondering til today which type of Religion this is. Self made!!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Omen100(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
nijanigga:

YESSS! WE need dislike button.

I am telling you, it is so annoying & pathetic. sometimes, even the big & adults, I mean the matured ladies lament, snivels & beg for mercies when been fuck3d, come to talk of a girl child of 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 & even 20years, please I am not trying to disrespect the Muslims or Islam as a religion but its practitioners needs to zip up their trousers.

Look at that lovely Princess below, is she not beautiful? now tell me, why will any grown man want to besmirch her on the ground that his religion permit or allows it, this is gross abuse against the Nigerian girl child & on this squabbled ground. I, Omen100 hereby propose a death sentence for any religious, opinion & traditional leaders who whack any Nigerian Girl Child

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by tobiecxs(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
please we will respect your in-sensibilities by stopping you.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by ypeace: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
thirty: it is better to give out your daughter for marriage at a tender mature age than to allow a pastor to de-flower her.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/pastor-security-guard-arrested-for-raping-underage-girls/

i assume u are a muslim. Now if my assumption is true then i av this to say to u; rather than lashing back at non-muslims, i tink we muslims shud put our house in order..... For a muslim to say an UNDERAGE MARRIAGE is allowed in islam shows he knws notin about marriage in islam. I tink the best way to avoid this kind of criticism is for us muslim to practice the real islam. SINCERELY, assumin i knew the so called muslim b4 knwn islam, i doubt if i wud av bin a muslim mysef........

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by danny301: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2013

What do you know about tradition?.... Have you ever heard the word change?...... You better come out and embrace change and leave that stupid thing you called tradition.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Quelme: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
why always isRam..?
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Y do muslims supportz nonsenz...afta dey will stat defendin islam..mtcheeeew''senseless bunch of pipo

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Gamesmart: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
"Anything short of that is an infringement on our rights. We did not ask you to marry ladies of that age or give your daughters out in marriage at that age. Plzzzzzzzz respect our senselessness."

Just by viewing clips of this man speaking, no question he has mental health issues.

In a more advanced country, he would be sectioned. He is an example of Foday Sankoh.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by dzak(m): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
nigeria has many uncoutable probems nd none of them is early marriage. As a matter of fact, early marriage is the solution to half of our problems. For those who wonda whether one can give his daughter in marriage at the age of 9 or 13, i tell you, most honestly, to me, i can give my daughter in marriage at d age of 6 if i want to and its not any of your business... This is because am a muslim and i follow d example the best of mankind, Muhammad(SAW).... In islam, Marriage is not all about sex, it is about family and achieving their goals, which is the attainment of paradise. In islam, a girl can be given out in marriage as early as 6years old but consummation of marriage can only be döe when the girl becomer physically mature and she gives her consent to it becaure un5ike english law, it is not permissible for a man to rape his wife in shari'ah Law. So, wot can ayb6dy tell me? .... I live in a society where young girls at the age of 12 have already bec6e serial fornicators and cannot count d mumber of men they have had sex with. I live in a society where primary school children disvirgin themselves behìnd toilets on valentines daya. I live in a society where young girls flood the str3ts at nights løking for men that would give them N500 TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM. I LIVE IN A societ where parents send their daughters overseas

6 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by badassnigga(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
berem: well who cares? Thank God am not a muslim. To hell with whatever they believe in. As long as it does not affect christians,no problem.

too badt for u to av uttered such statements. Nairaland is not for animal lyk u.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by teniyi(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
Chanchit: Eleri'bu oloko dogidogi.
I'm even happy he has converted already, cos he would have been a disgrace to christianity.

Abeg o, make my comment no miss o. It must not be hidden o..!
You got enough mumu in Christianity already, so he opted out.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Omen100(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
dzak: nigeria has many uncoutable probems nd none of them is early marriage. As a matter of fact, early marriage is the solution to half of our problems. For those who wonda whether one can give his daughter in marriage at the age of 9 or 13, i tell you, most honestly, to me, i can give my daughter in marriage at d age of 6 if i want to and its not any of your business... This is because am a muslim and i follow d example the best of mankind, Muhammad(SAW).... In islam, Marriage is not all about sex, it is about family and achieving their goals, which is the attainment of paradise. In islam, a girl can be given out in marriage as early as 6years old but consummation of marriage can only be döe when the girl becomer physically mature and she gives her consent to it becaure un5ike english law, it is not permissible for a man to rape his wife in shari'ah Law. So, wot can ayb6dy tell me? .... I live in a society where young girls at the age of 12 have already bec6e serial fornicators and cannot count d mumber of men they have had sex with. I live in a society where primary school children disvirgin themselves behìnd toilets on valentines daya. I live in a society where young girls flood the str3ts at nights løking for men that would give them N500 TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM. I LIVE IN A societ where parents send their daughters overseas

Like what somebody has said earlier, "it is finished" & I ask again "Nairaland & Seun, y u nor have dislike button?

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by teniyi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Omen100:

Like what somebody has said earlier, "it is finished" & I ask again "Nairaland & Seun, y u nor have dislike button?
And your jagons would have earned the highest number of dislikes, please Seun do something!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
berem: well who cares? Thank God am not a muslim. To hell with whatever they believe in. As long as it does not affect christians,no problem.

I am a Christian, but I dont see how this is right. Where is your service to your fellow man, even the Bible says Love your neighbor as yourself. This issue could affect someone you know tommorow. Because it doesnt affect you today doesnt mean there wont be consequences later.

BTW:
This is wickedness, most of these girls lose their right to become something in the society tommorow as they are giving away for marriage at their formative years. May God help Nigeria.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by badassnigga(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
kizmartino: Y do muslims supportz nonsenz...afta dey will stat defendin islam..mtcheeeew''senseless bunch of pipo
u need yo see psychiatrist to get ur head examined ...I bet u r not well.
try to know d concepts of early marriage in islam b4 u start talking trash.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by PastorOla1: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
Asari is not a Muslim yet.
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by dzak(m): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
dzak: nigeria has many uncoutable probems nd none of them is early marriage. As a matter of fact, early marriage is the solution to half of our problems. For those who wonda whether one can give his daughter in marriage at the age of 9 or 13, i tell you, most honestly, to me, i can give my daughter in marriage at d age of 6 if i want to and its not any of your business... This is because am a muslim and i follow d example the best of mankind, Muhammad(SAW).... In islam, Marriage is not all about sex, it is about family and achieving their goals, which is the attainment of paradise. In islam, a girl can be given out in marriage as early as 6years old but consummation of marriage can only be döe when the girl becomer physically mature and she gives her consent to it becaure un5ike english law, it is not permissible for a man to rape his wife in shari'ah Law. So, wot can ayb6dy tell me? .... I live in a society where young girls at the age of 12 have already bec6e serial fornicators and cannot count d mumber of men they have had sex with. I live in a society where primary school children disvirgin themselves behìnd toilets on valentines daya. I live in a society where young girls flood the str3ts at nights løking for men that would give them N500 TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM. I LIVE IN A societ where parents send their daughters overseas
..to prostitute and send back dollarz. I live society wher government0officials pick undagraduates frm univerrities with cars to wild sex parties...this are ur daughterz and dis shud worry u and not asarii dokubo statements .... Wslm

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by thirty(m): 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
ypeace:

i assume u are a muslim. Now if my assumption is true then i av this to say to u; rather than lashing back at non-muslims, i tink we muslims shud put our house in order..... For a muslim to say an UNDERAGE MARRIAGE is allowed in islam shows he knws notin about marriage in islam. I tink the best way to avoid this kind of criticism is for us muslim to practice the real islam. SINCERELY, assumin i knew the so called muslim b4 knwn islam, i doubt if i wud av bin a muslim mysef........

May i ask you your meaning of UNDERAGE or UNDERAGE MARRIAGE. I said tender mature age which means immidiage puberty age. my brothers and sister in islam let realised that there are millions of new problems/diseases in the world today, the solution to it is the SUNNAH of the Prophet Muhammed (SAW). The other poster said his mum married at the age of 16, can you ask him what are problem(s) of his mum after marriage. But ask the diseases that attack those who have late marriage. HIV, JILT, LONELINESS, SUICIDE, HOPELESS.

My brother, it is all about understanding.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by dzak(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
brown_kid:

I am a Christian, but I dont see how this is right. Where is your service to your fellow man, even the Bible says Love your neighbor as yourself. This issue could affect someone you know tommorow. Because it doesnt affect you today doesnt mean there wont be consequences later.

BTW:
This is wickedness, most of these girls lose their right to become something in the society tommorow as they are giving away for marriage at their formative years. May God help Nigeria.
u are okay with young girls going into prostitution n sleeping with numerous men but u worry ur ass a great deal about a young woman getting legally married to a man ...mehn dis world is so senseless! ..... D nxt time anyone asks me y i support early marriage , AM GONNA SLAP D JINN OUT OF HIS FUCKING HEAD!!!
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Fat fool
Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by opeyemitee(m): 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
There is nothing as good as that as far as Islam is concerned. Defiling young girls between 6 and 13 years that is rampant in nigeria today and marrying underage girls, which one is better? marrying underage girls does not mean that their husbands will start having sex with them immediately they get married (get that into your skull). This will close their eyes to and prevent them from abomination such as dressing indecently, adultery and fornication. It is a pity that many people will kick against this because they have preference for adultery and fornication instead. Alhamdulillah I am a muslim. smiley smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims by dzak(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
Omen100:

''FINISHED'' ....anoda name 4 your mother's Genitals kiss
Omen100:

''FINISHED'' ....anoda name 4 your mother's Genitals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos PVC Clash: Tinubu Is Afraid Of Election - Debo Ologunagba / Adamu Mohammed, IGP Held Hostage By Jubilant Policemen / Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.