Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,558 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40380 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 12:19am On Jul 23, 2013
WildChild00:

lol see wat you are posting, have u forgotten so soon that, it was a combined team of federal soliders that was fighting one region of the country @ as den, on like now wen everybody eyes don tear open, you people frm the South-west will be shoked if anything like dis happens again, SS,SE etc will join forces, ordinary police una dey fear, only Tompolo and boys will level the whole of u people.
But, how come 3 million people were destroyed by one person?

Sleep over the question sir.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 12:20am On Jul 23, 2013
Madness has really caught up with sons of the mad old professor. You all lack the grace you seek to associate with MOP. grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by SIRKOL(m): 12:22am On Jul 23, 2013
Olaolufred:

I love this Hero.

Remember seeing him in MMA departure in 2009.

Epitome of wisdom. One of the best Nigeria ever had.

He is actually super-normal.

Except that your reasoning is too low to catch up.

No problem, that is why you see pupils taking last in a classroom.whether U

We are not evenly endowed. Soyinka is far beyond your reasoning level

Sorry o, but truth told already.
whether u like or not all things are fallen apart for a. mad old Professor. Including the wisdom, fame,respect and power. maybe next time he will learn how to settle issues with maturity.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by SIRKOL(m): 12:30am On Jul 23, 2013
akpomeme: It is laughable for Prof. Wole Soyinka; a well-respected Statesman to demystify the grandeur of his personality on the basis of “standing on the side of truth” one too many times, on utterly whimsical state of affairs in Rivers state.

It is astonishing that such a man with seeming repute for knowledge and wisdom in socio-political affairs of Nigeria can no longer differentiate between personal attacks and elderly advice to our nation state.

Personal attacks in the sense that in a frail where Patience seems to be one of too many male players in the Rivers state crisis, Prof. Soyinka singled out the first lady to trash. Amaechi, who ordered the violent maiming of another Honourable member is yet berated by our selective elder statesman “Wole Soyinka”.

More so, as an elder statesman, his advice should have played a key role towards uniting warring factions than dividing Nigerians who may or may not have qualms with the utterances of the “Mad Old Professor -MOP” (Tweet by Dictator’s Daughter,July, 2013). Without remorse, the MOP went ahead to reiterate his earlier statement which brought about criticism of his perceived chauvinistic statement against the Girl Child and the Nigerian Woman.

In the MOP’s own words “People said I call her a domestic appendage, what’s the problem with that? What’s the problem with Madam Shepopotamus? The questions yet unanswered are: Who were Wole Soyinka’s wives? What were their experience as wives and mothers whilst being a domestic appendage to the MOP. Why do they all share a common history of being married and divorced to the “Mad Old Professor”?

The deliberate attempt by the MOP to do the cleaning of dirty politics played through his demeaning conjectural use of words against the first lady is very unbecoming of statesman. Indeed, the fickleness is worrisome. In an already divided entity such as ours, where ethnicity, religion and regions play a huge role in our political views, the MOP has added a new twist of sexism and thoughtless fancy utterances in order to satisfy his benefactors.

In my opinion, his lend voice so far, has been more entertaining than making any positive impact on the society. The correlation between the first lady’s actions and her physical attributes are two different issues but in the quest for buzzy headlines and less about being a father to warring factions, the MOP has demonstrated that he cannot be taken more seriously than the words associated to him. It takes a He-popotamus to know a She-popotamus.

how much were u. paid to do dis? U didn't need to insult Soyinka
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 12:32am On Jul 23, 2013
akpomeme: Madness has really caught up with sons of the mad old professor. You all lack the grace you seek to associate with MOP. grin grin grin
Please, retire to the hut that your mistress gave to you and stop this nonsense. Don't forget to collect your pay-check from her for the job well done. Keep it beside you and plan on the peanut.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 12:39am On Jul 23, 2013
nitrogen:
Please, retire to the hut that your mistress gave to you and stop this nonsense. Don't forget to collect your pay-check from her for the job well done. Keep it beside you and plan on the peanut.
How much are you all paid that you are yet to retire sons of the MOP.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Mogidi: 12:53am On Jul 23, 2013
According to babyosisi he's a hustler professor at 79yrs and getting fed fat on Rivers money.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Babalegba(m): 1:08am On Jul 23, 2013
I'm tired of ibos on nairaland calling yoruba cowards, the cheek of it Yorubas were confronting fulani jihadists when ibos where in their villages wearing grass skirts. They actually went into a war they had no hope of winning SMH. Even prof Wole soyinka warned them against the war they made no preparation for. Do these people even understand anything apart from mindless tribalism

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 1:15am On Jul 23, 2013
Ollajay: WS is a very brilliant scholar, a nobel lauret and professsor of high repute. But that alone is not sufficient to regard him as all round success in other spheres. For example, he is not really very sucessful in area of marriage. In the same way he is not an expert in politics or political leadership.

Unfortunately, his use of "abusive words" on PEJ is quite unbecoming of a man of his learning. He shouldnt use those words on PEJ or anyone at all. This type of misguided use of words has brought him to ridicule more than once. First, his use of words on the former SA to OBJ Mr Femi Fani-kayode led to insults and embarrasing words on Soyinka. Soyinka's comment on FFK suggested that there was something wrong with the level of intelligence of FFK's lineage referring to FFK's father. Unfortunately, WS didnt remember that FFK's father and grand father studied law at Cambridge (or some frontline UK Uni) and they both graduated with First Class.

WS was also insulted by Festus Keyamo when WS expressed a legal opinion which attempted to ridicule Keyamo. Keyamo insulted WS by saying he was "talking law and not tinkle tinkle little star", thereby saying WS can only speak on literature and not law.

The current use of words on PEJ by WS will further bring him to ridicle. If he continues this way, more and more people will insult him and he will lose a substantial amount of the respect he had.

Just my view though, anyone is free to disagree.
A must read.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 23, 2013
What is wrong if anyone decides to call Patience Jonathan "madam shepopotamus"? After all he is a nigerian like the rest of us. He only said what most of us do in our discussions. Patience is not an elected official so she doesn't officially have an office to respect.
I am not saying what the professor did was wrong or right, but every nigerian is entitled to his/her opinion.
On the matter of Amaechi being his friend(fellow cultist), wouldn't you protect your friend(interest).
With this our sentimental attitude to every national issue, the future is indeed very bleak.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 1:22am On Jul 23, 2013
nitrogen:
But, how come 3 million people were destroyed by one person?

Sleep over the question sir.

You mean awolowo the war criminal who used hunger as a weapon against non combatants! You all are tasteless. Is it something to be proud of sons of madness and associates of a mad old professor!!! Is it? War crimes that you denied when Achebe brought them up you stand tall to defend now posting kwashiorkor stricken Biafrian kids here to mock the misfortunes of a people that was deliberately developed and implemented by Awolowo- another hero of the south west. History has shown that Nigerians in general need to be careful about what your region have produced as leaders. Sad.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Freewilly(f): 1:26am On Jul 23, 2013
akpomeme:

You mean awolowo the war criminal who used hunger as a weapon against non combatants! You all are tasteless. Is it something to be proud of sons of madness and associates of a mad old professor!!! Is it? War crimes that you denied when Achebe brought them up you stand tall to defend now posting kwashiorkor stricken Biafrian kids here to mock the misfortunes of a people that was deliberately developed and implemented by Awolowo- another hero of the south west. History has shown that Nigerians in general need to be careful about what your regions have produced as leaders. Sad.

Very sad indeed.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 1:27am On Jul 23, 2013
Darthmaul: What is wrong if anyone decides to call Patience Jonathan "madam shepopotamus"? After all he is a nigerian like the rest of us. He only said what most of us do in our discussions. Patience is not an elected official so she doesn't officially have an office to respect.
I am not saying what the professor did was wrong or right, but every nigerian is entitled to his/her opinion.
On the matter of Amaechi being his friend(fellow cultist), wouldn't you protect your friend(interest).
With this our sentimental attitude to every national issue, the future is indeed very bleak.
If only the mad old professor can be as open minded as possible to accept he spoke based on the bias of friendship and freedom of expression than impressing upon a non issue into something tangible that has now led to NIgerians questioning his successes in managing domestic issues talk less of advising another on how to manage a woman.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by remarkD(m): 1:29am On Jul 23, 2013
its not just Igbos, its every other Nigerian...
(I remember seeing on TV, probly NTA - a Nigerian wide network... a supposed comedy/play and it showed how a Yoruba man fight.... I don't need to describe the scene, as I am sure you know...)

Moreover, if uploading the picture of starved children... if the bombing of markets and refugees camps is what a Yoruba man uses as "proof" for being a brave man... then I'm sorry to say it again to your face... You're all cowards. Friggen motherfucking|cowards.
angry

Babalegba: I'm tired of ibos on nairaland calling yoruba cowards, the cheek of it Yorubas were confronting fulani jihadists when ibos where in their villages wearing grass skirts. They actually went into a war they had no hope of winning SMH. Even prof Wole soyinka warned them against the war they made no preparation for. Do these people even understand anything apart from mindless tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by eaglechild: 1:42am On Jul 23, 2013
Olaolufred:

I love this Hero.

No problem, that is why you see pupils taking last in a classroom.

We are not evenly endowed. Soyinka is far beyond your reasoning level.

A herd of 160 sheep and counting grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Youngtekkey(m): 1:47am On Jul 23, 2013
akpomeme: Back to the matter: Wole Soyinka has demonstrated nothing short of a Mad old Professor (MOP)
nobody needs to argue with u coz ur brain is not working...u are just seeking for attention and u have get that now abi mumu well i don't blame u it's because of ur father bcoz he is a peasant farmer that sleeps,wake,celebrate and rejoice in abject proverty before that hippo-ta-mos come employ to u 5k that was like 1million in ur eyes go home and call ur papa,mama,sisters,nephews,cousin and everyone i forget to mention go and call them "mad people"u urself even sound like one that need a mental treatment by the way i suggest yaba left for u

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 1:47am On Jul 23, 2013
We as a people need to think of how to heal our country. It is pathetic what we all have become. Some of my words may have appeared hash and unguided as well but it was deliberate in order to see the reactions of those who defended the unguided utterances of an elder statesman. Wole Soyinka will remain respectable till death, but let this be an example to him and those that blindly support unbecoming body languages of our elders. I hereby apologize to everyone who felt slighted by my mere attempt to bring we as a people to listen and learn as well as to bring reasons to bear on the fact that WS over stepped his boundaries. God bless you all and may Wole Soyinka live long in good health. Amen. The bitterness needs to stop.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ikesim: 1:51am On Jul 23, 2013
Olaolufred:

I love this Hero.

No problem, that is why you see pupils taking last in a classroom.

We are not evenly endowed. Soyinka is far beyond your reasoning level.

you are right he is a man with a lot of qualities and a model to a lot of people but i personally have problems with men like him in the country... which is they hold the key to nigeria liberations from monster politicians everywhere
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Babalegba(m): 2:30am On Jul 23, 2013
remark D: its not just Igbos, its every other Nigerian...
(I remember seeing on TV, probly NTA - a Nigerian wide network... a supposed comedy/play and it showed how a Yoruba man fight.... I don't need to describe the scene, as I am sure you know...)

Moreover, if uploading the picture of starved children... if the bombing of markets and refugees camps is what a Yoruba man uses as "proof" for being a brave man... then I'm sorry to say it again to your face... You're all cowards. Friggen motherfucking|cowards.
angry

. In my earlier posts I gave you instances of yoruba military performance against your hapless ibo ancestors who did not even understand rudimentary war preparation. I did not even mention Benjamin Adekunle.read your history again, a yorubaman called captain Banjo fought for Biafra and was murdered by your callous good for nothing reprobate ancestors who depended on foreign mercenaries to fight key battles for them as they were too cowardly to confront the fulanis alone.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by rman: 3:13am On Jul 23, 2013
If you are trying to defend the government, paid agent or not, creating more enemies for your subject isn't the right way to go about it.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by remarkD(m): 3:15am On Jul 23, 2013
My friend, if you are worried about (as you said) "Ibos calling Yorubas cowards" ... (and the correct spelling is Igbo btw); open another thread and I will be glad to meet you there...

Again, as I said, its not only the Igbos that call Yorubas cowards... so there's really nothing you can do on NL that will change the 249 ethnic groups in Naija that believe the average Yoruba will pee his pants, shed tears, drink otapiapia or flee when push comes to shove.

(and before you start mentioning Obj, the comatose Adekunli and whomever you guys always to cite your 'Yoruba bravery' ... have you noticed that those people... even the Osama man ... none of them are full-blooded Yorubas? ... chew on that for a while and get back to me.... or just let it go as there's really nothing to argue... )

Babalegba: . In my earlier posts I gave you instances of yoruba military performance against your hapless ibo ancestors who did not even understand rudimentary war preparation. I did not even mention Benjamin Adekunle.read your history again, a yorubaman called captain Banjo fought for Biafra and was murdered by your callous good for nothing reprobate ancestors who depended on foreign mercenaries to fight key battles for them as they were too cowardly to confront the fulanis alone.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ccollins(m): 3:17am On Jul 23, 2013
@ op, does wole soyinka know you even exist ... Nonsense... Internet made some people have the guts to talk rubbish they want. Wole soyinka is not an idol to me and he may have made errors I.e divorce,e.t.c. But this man has been a great proponent in the development of nigeria democracy and it seems u are blind as to the damaging effect pej illiteracy is having on national issues
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by godsony: 3:53am On Jul 23, 2013
Shay! See what shepopotamus has done to hungry youth of
Rivers state! You guys are pissing on your fathers graves
! WS is a world citizen! HAVE YOU GUYS STARTED DRINKING
CRUDE OIL INSTEAD.OF OGOGORO? SHEPOPO HAS REALLY MADE U
ALL MAD!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Buhari, Jonathan Meet In Aso Rock / Osinbajo Lands At Anambra Int’l Airport As Soludo Received Him: Pictures / Falz "This Is Nigeria": Muslim Against Terror Tackles MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.