Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40301 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
____
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by DisCountry: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Olaolufred:

I love this Hero.

Remember seeing him in MMA departure in 2009.

Epitome of wisdom. One of the best Nigeria ever had.

He is actually super-normal.

Except that your reasoning is too low to catch up.

No problem, that is why you see pupils taking last in a classroom.

We are not evenly endowed. Soyinka is far beyond your reasoning level.

Sorry o, but truth told already.

Tell all these children-of-do-nothings who come to a faceless internet to type rubbish just to justify their pay from their master politicians. wole, as i would join others to fondly call him has done more good to nigeria than their great great grannies or descendants could ever contribute.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Back to the matter: Wole Soyinka has demonstrated nothing short of a Mad old Professor (MOP)

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by striker9(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
See how people dey flex muscle on the internet,take am easy ooooo.I still believe in one NIGERIA!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
dayokanu:

So you are from the land where the warlord flees warfront?

No wonder the Inlaw called him a cantankerous coward

We asked him to go and that was wisdom. The great warlord had been able to withstand the Nigerian onslaught for three yrs but now there was nothing left at all to fight with. It was better for the second in command to relate wink with the Nigerian side instead of the gallant Ojukwu. wink
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Mainmike: 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
Seems to me like you want the Prof. to know that you have a good command of English too. If there are elements of truth in your post, then there are some in Prof. Wole's post too. Well, it's better to seek peace.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by chromoTop: 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
To the OP I say this - you or your likes who say Wole Soyinka has lost every respect you once had for him. I ask what respect did you have for him? what respect do you have for a man who has been demonstrating madness for over 40 years? the leopard has not shed his skin. The man has been one of the voices that stood while others croaked!
you had no respect for him. Just plain hypocrisy and bigotry, and we understand. It is a difficult mathematical probability to find such man amongst your kin. Just like you wont find the likes of Fela within you. Such luck Hipopotamy does not have him to contend with!
However, the Yorubas do not budge and Wole Soyinka does not. We welcome everyone to critically check every character he attacks irrespective of kin and place. Today it is hipopotamy, tomorrow it could be Orangutan. But the truth about GEJ and PEJ is always the truth. One million dunce shouting the Prof down does not change that fact.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by thaoriginator: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
Soyinka ride on! Fork dem hippos!!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by DonaldGenes(m): 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
"all the more reasons i like doing this.........[b][/b]........

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by vislabraye(m): 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12: if in your definition a person like wole is mad then I wanna forever be a looney. but the manatees and shepopotami you worship can't even measure up to his shoelace in all ramifications. when the south western folks enter this thread hope you will be able to stand the heat in the kitchen.
What makes you think you even worth my shoe lace ? Just hear yourself out. Its not something you should say.

Soyinka is a man of great repute, but he went too far with his utterances. Why was he taking up PEJ only ? WHY call her derogatory names? What is the social benefits of what he said ?
Its wrong for him to abuse the person of the first lady even thou she has her flaws. What about Amaechi ? What about d violence in Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by dabrake(m): 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
Turai did worse things than Shepopotamus but where is she today?

Power is transient. I tell ya.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by charlaalah: 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
If people like wole soyinka cannot profer solution to a problem of this magnitude, who else will do ?. Which means we only speak of maturity yet we are not mature.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by striker9(m): 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
vislabraye:
What makes you think you even worth my shoe lace ? Just hear yourself out. Its not something you should say.

Soyinka is a man of great repute, but he went too far with his utterances. Why was he taking up PEJ only ? WHY call her derogatory names? What is the social benefits of what he said ?
Its wrong for him to abuse the person of the first lady even thou she has her flaws. What about Amaechi ? What about d violence in Rivers State.
I like your write up,but must you compare your fellow human being with shoe lace?ha ba

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Senate Resumes Plenary With New Mace After Thugs Attack / Five Feared Killed As Dino Melaye's Protest Turns Bloody In Kogi / Kola Aluko Is Selling His Apartment In New York (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.