Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40381 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by striker9(m): 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
We have to be careful of what we wish for,WAR is not an option.Please let us embrace PEACE and UNITY.Thanks
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by halavoke: 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
Omo una de vex oh! Make I waka pass
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by adconline(m): 12:00am On Jul 23, 2013
njokusboy: The problem is that most nairalanders argue without objectivity... To them wole soyinka cannot be wrong, I am not saying he is... Patience jonathan has too many excesses, most of which are insulting to nigerians. However, resulting to frontal attacks and mindless name calling isn't the most diplomatic way to handle the situation. Secondly, I didn't hear him say anything about the pro- amaechi dude who resulted to physical violence to inorder to put his point across. To me, there is no better definiton of BIAS than that. Wole soyinka I notice is becoming more political than rational, which isn't gud for his image.

If u understand objectivity as you claim, you should have known that Patience has no constitutional authority besieging a state where the Gov was duly elected by the people. Reuben Abati said this same thing WS is saying in 2010. A gov of a state does not have the right to develop his state? Patience is a Mad vampire!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 12:03am On Jul 23, 2013
Wait! These are their grown-ups that will fight for them abi? Believe me, they have weak bones as a result of childhood malnutrition. I can even see ALLTRUTH among these weaklings.

Ps. Please, don't bring more of those pictures again o, e don do. I beg you.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by funnyx(m): 12:04am On Jul 23, 2013
@556
Please remove those pictures, you can't defeat bigotry with bigotry please let's show some respect.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by halavoke: 12:04am On Jul 23, 2013
Nobdoy korekt 4 d whole mata, GEJ oh, Patience oh, PROF sef, den amaechi too.
Dis pple r all calculatin wetin dem don gain 4rm naija n wetin dem go gain next. Una jst de argue 4 nothin xcept dose wen som parties de pay to cm hia n engage in silly propanganda!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by striker9(m): 12:06am On Jul 23, 2013
nitrogen:
Wait! These are their grown-ups that will fight for them abi? Believe me, they have weak bones as a result of childhood malnutrition. I can even see ALLTRUTH among these weaklings.

Ps. Please, don't bring more of those pictures again o, e don do. I beg you.
which one is ALTRUTH among them na?the one with OBERTAN head
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Babalegba(m): 12:07am On Jul 23, 2013
Those pictures need to be removed ASAP
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by halavoke: 12:07am On Jul 23, 2013
Am nt igbo bt I tink de r d wisest to hav tried to leave dis loosely bound association called nigeria. Imagine d tribalistic, biased n useless gps n people we hav as citizens, even on nairaland here its so evident. U not only display it in ur daily dealings, u nw com online n show ur useless n sick behaviour to d world. This is nt a country!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by malali: 12:15am On Jul 23, 2013
Abeg which one be Mrs noshoepoppotamos?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by 99cent: 12:16am On Jul 23, 2013
Soyinka deserves criticism for his sexist comments. No doubt he has little respect for womanhood.

I recognize his achievements and all, he is an accomplished man, but he needs to apologize. Instead of apologizing for his wrong "choice of words" he made matter worse by adding the "madame shepopotamus" comment undecided
It's maybe ok if he writes chauvinistic things in his book. But this is real life here. Not fiction.

Soyinka is losing it. He was married thrice and divorced thrice for a reason. Three wives all left him. biko. He has a problem.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by godsI(m): 12:16am On Jul 23, 2013
I've observed of late that most Yoruba statemen and politicians, even once revered individuals and of course, their sympathisers, are totally confused in both political and tribal landscape. Is this as a result of Jonathan's policy of: 'velvet-glove/ detached aggressiveness' or as a result of South-Eastern region unity which have subliminally left Yorubas with no tangible ally, hausas have faced their 'duplicating friendliness', while igbos; their cowardice and untrustworthy. What is the direction of their elders which will have a rippling effect on the entire zone? I wonder. Soyinka is losing it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Falz "This Is Nigeria": Muslim Against Terror Tackles MURIC / Tinubu’s Victory: Bode George Reveals When He Will Leave Nigeria / Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nigeria So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.