Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40298 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
onomeasike:
Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 5:41am On Jul 06

Growing up in Lagos, I was thought manners by my parents and instructed to extend good regards to our Neigbours, friends and elders. My parents admired the Yoruba culture where the best virtues are supposedly inculcated in children.
Sadly, haven joined nairaland a while back, I have noticed elements from south west are abusive and arrogant. Every minute a thing is written about Mr. President, be it good or bad, they insult him. The question is: what does this say about the up bringing of these crop of young people? Have the western culture kick in so hard that we have lost our sense of moral virtues? Nigeria most admired culture for respect for elders is losing its grip on the young generation.

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like)

if you compare this past post of the OP with this post,you will know this is a person in the class of retardeen ge and retardenette pej
A dose of your own pill. I thought it was only the young guys that mouth off but one of your elders has joined you. Do you have a problem of being called out on mad instincts?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

the same way they were beating there chest before one good thinking by awo decimated their lineage. we know how the third marine command made up of mostly yoruba soldiers drove the wrapper tying and lipstick wearing general to Abidjan.
cheesy cheesy grin

You mean General Ojuk....., sorry, I never wanted to.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by emmalet24: 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
abysirius: Stop being stupid!Achebe with all that he was chased Nobel Laureate Price to his grave. Olaolufred isn't d only 1 that admires WS. The whole world does. Ask ur village head I'm sure he will tutor u that Nobel Laureate Prize is not for fools but gr8 minds. Left to me, apart from PEG being the worst first lady ever with his non-performing shoeless husband as the president, she is a non-issue and shouldn't matter.
I tink ur papa also wish 2 be president but hm head no gree abeg if na ur fader be president I knw he'll do worst tinz plz mind ow u talk coz u never can tell where u'll be 2morow
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by chromoTop: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
Going through all of his posts and replies right here should have spelt it for anyone. the guy is bitter and fighting back with every ounce of muscle he would muster.
onomeasike:
Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 5:41am On Jul 06

Growing up in Lagos, I was thought manners by my parents and instructed to extend good regards to our Neigbours, friends and elders. My parents admired the Yoruba culture where the best virtues are supposedly inculcated in children.
Sadly, haven joined nairaland a while back, I have noticed elements from south west are abusive and arrogant. Every minute a thing is written about Mr. President, be it good or bad, they insult him. The question is: what does this say about the up bringing of these crop of young people? Have the western culture kick in so hard that we have lost our sense of moral virtues? Nigeria most admired culture for respect for elders is losing its grip on the young generation.

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like)

if you compare this past post of the OP with this post,you will know this is a person in the class of retardeen ge and retardenette pej
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by nitrogen(m): 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00: You think we equally practice"Amala politics" in the south-south? Then you need to wake-up frm ur slumber, samctimonous maniacal.
I think your balls are shrinking, go take care of that before you reply this.

Btw, are you from the SS or SE? I need to know.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by 9jauk: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
Unbelievable teker!!!

Wole Soyinka is absolutely sensational,his always on point, Nigeria is one of the few countriesin this world that celebrate looters.
Absolutely pathetic and horrendous scenarios, A figure like Wole Soyinka a Yoruba man cough, who go complain..Soyinka forever
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by 9jauk: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Unbelievable teker!!!

Wole Soyinka is absolutely sensational,his always on point, Nigeria is one of the few countriesin this world that celebrate looters.

Absolutely pathetic and horrendous scenarios, A figure like Wole Soyinka a Yoruba man cough, who go complain..Soyinka forever"

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by fashoga(m): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

when soyinka spoke against buhari y'all called him Jesus now when he is coming hard on your deity he is deranged. fyi wole won't stop talking till shepopotamus learn to be a lady before being a first lady. get a copy of and the man die and know the person you guys are dealing with he has been fighting oppression and injustice when you were still a spermatozoa.

GBAM!

Leave the ode!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by omowolewa: 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
Creative mind: I ponder; if logic and reasoning are employed in every prose written by akpomeme. If they are, then he might be a potential tool of change for himself and people around him. On plethora of instances, my mind got troubled with doubts as to whether certain people could be healed of their voracious appetite for social media relevance and rapacious struggle for a social stand. Well, you cannot give what you do not have. As a matter of fact, expecting a castle built of intelligence from Akpomeme is like searching for an honest man with a stolen lantern. One cannot but die searching till eternity. Though, i feel a little shame to stoop so low to reply the beautiful alphabets you rendered useless by your narrow-minded coinage and rape of ethics. I know you must be smiling now for getting those few likes and comments since those are the attention you have longed for with the most productive part of your life. That's always the case with people of your caliber (pigs); they enjoy dragging you to the mud to wrestle. But do not forget that when a stubborn fly perches on the elder's scrotum, there is need to treat it with a broom. I am neither myopic nor am I tribally bias and that is what placed me some level above you. However, your infantile behaviour and immaturity does not restrain you from being an agent of change. After all, even lower animals are considered capable of making the world a better place but that is when they bark at the right time, crow in the morning or roar when need be. Not shying away from the truth ought to be the wheel driving journalism and writing but this fact has suffered a great blow in the jaw in the hand of pen-brandishing nincompoops and relevance-hungry youthpopotamus. My concession about life is that people like you are ready to do anything to get attention and build an empire of folly whenever you think the truth hits hard no you. God forbid a time i will celebrate ignorance, colossal insipience or deviate from spotting on red-carpeted idiocy all in the name of dignified silence. You elicited a bout of thundering laughter from me when you asked about the amiable professor's wives. Do you know a well-trained child whose mum wasn't chased out by the father won't coin such a malicious piece against an elder? Even so, i was consoled by your lack of discipline when it comes to defending political thieves and clueless masters by the social truism that "not all head harbours intelligence". Gone were the days when writers write right and thinkers were unprejudiced. Nowadays, every sect has been immersed in a cesspool of ignorance and desperate yearn for a say in our national issue. If foolishness warrants a certificate, you should have the highest number of laurels to show for your lack of thought and common knowledge. This is one of the faults that lies in nairaland: animal's section are not provided for your calibre. Brother, "agendo, bene consulendo, prospera omnia cedunt- by doing, by consulting well, things yield prosperous". Do not smir mud at people without facts and analogy. When the professor was already doing this nation proud, God was still considering whether to let you into the world or not. Now that you are here, must you make it obvious that you are a goat in human skin?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Urine: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
bookface: Eso wrote about a case that came before him when he was a magistrate in the 60s. A mystery gunman had invaded the radio house in Ibadan.The people of the western region were waiting for a very important broadcast by the premier,Mr. Ladoke Akintola.

Security men surrounded the radio station but it was only a gimmick.The Premier already prepared a recorded speech that would be broadcast that day. When it was time to broadcast the premier’s speech,a ‘mystery gunman’ came out of no where and held the studio manager hostage.He pointed a gun at him and exchange the speech with his own.

The gunman also ordered him to play his own tape.When he did,it was a complete embarrassment to the Premier and his government. The speech ‘abused’ religious and political leaders for not having the interest of the people at heart. Durning investigation,a young lecturer,Mr. Wole Soyinka was arrested and put for trial as the ‘mystery gunman’.

Soyinka - tearing corrupt governments apart since the 60s!

http://page1magazine.net/2012/11/the-mystery-gunman-by-justice-kayode-eso/

God bless you bro, You just simplified what I wrote in an earlier comment.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
PointB: Let's look at it this way. How many times have Patience Ebele Jonathan - the victim of these unprovoked attacks- responded to Wole Soyinka ungentlemanly, immature, chauvinistic derision? Just once - in a mild press release to express her displeasure at Wole Soyinka's diatribe.

Subsequently, Wole Soyinka have called her 'illiterate', 'mammy wata, hippopotami.' and now 'shepopotamus'? Looks to me like the almighty WS is raring for a fight with a 'mere domestic appendage.' Incidentally, PEJ has borne all these vitriolic attacks calmly without uttering another word to Soyinka.

Women (forgive me if I sound a bit like Soyinka's but I mean no disrespect) are know to be more chatty/loquacious in comparison to men. Now the question I begin to ask myself is this: between Soyinka and PEJ who is more mature? Who really is the man here? The angry and loquacious Soyinka or the patient Patience? But with men like like Wole Soyinka, I bet indeed some mothers do have 'em!

I hope Patience continues to keep a dignified silence, in the face of this continue provocation. Shame that Soyinka's stock is falling - with every myopic outburst of his!
pej is quiet because she can not exchange words with prof. Wole soyinka. What will she say? She cannot speak English you know?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by babsomotde(m): 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
Am out.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Babalegba(m): 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
The OP is an attention seeking self inflated nonentity and his incoherent rabid rantings should have been ignored.it is evident that his family lineage are intellectually stunted as he is unable to understand simple primitive jungle politics.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by mrofficial(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
@Op, just look at how bitter you sound. SMH. Well, everybody has hater.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Magaret Obi Takes LP Campaign To Her Hometown In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor / Senate Resumes Plenary With New Mace After Thugs Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.