Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 (17946 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Adamskuty(m): 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
onila: I liked the se.x scene tongue
mumu! U are not a virgin,so many guys have bang u in different location,abeg when will i do my own ? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Orikinla(m): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
VillageBoi:

We still dey complain about this film?

Said it a million times there are only three key things the producers are using to sell this movie - Chiwetel, Thandie and the well-known book. Adding the fact that the producers have 'Last King of Scotland' and 'The Constant Gardener' under their belt.

Nigerian & Nigerians still remain one of the least significant markets being considered... time for people to get over it.
It is DONE!

Having said that, the positive is this will put the name 'Nigeria' higher up on the list of films that reach a much wider and varied audience. Nigerian filmmakers & producers should realize that they so have to step up their 'own' game.

We can take the easy route by sitting and grumbling about our 'birthright' (not that I know a single 'patriotic' Nigerian that is willing to die for Nigeria TODAY, or we can buckle up and put in the darn hard work it takes to make films of such magnitude and reach!

Do I need to say anything else?

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
Like I said before the afam4never donkey piss removed my comment.

The writer of this tale is another pity seeking ignoramus.

Promote your people with their best side but no, just for fame, these people will do everything to parade their people in bad light just for a possible Oscar nomination..

Achebe wrote his own tfolklore and tried to pass it on as reality. This guy is also doing a good job at demeaning his origin.

It's just another Africa is a war zone movie.. Mediocre at its best. Simple!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
That Houseboy played Moses in 'The Block'

And I'm so looking forward to see Chiwetalu play an Ibo man
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Emperoh(m): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
coogar: i am disappointed nkiru sylvanus was not included in the cast.

In what sense biko? To add a slur to it?
Nay!

@Afam
I was a bit sad when the synopsis and initial plan didn't show a strong Nigeria cast.
But has these crew delivered the job? A resounding YES! Anyone who hasn't read the book won't connect much
I sure would love to see Nigerians delivering this story but if their delivery will make me loose the worth as regaled by Adichie, then I am not sure i wanna see them anywhere near shoot locations.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
I hope they will make it available online for pay just like "Anchor baby"...
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
0lumide: Like I said before the afam4never donkey piss removed my comment.

The writer of this tale is another pity seeking ignoramus.

Promote your people with their best side but no, just for fame, these people will do everything to parade their people in bad light just for a possible Oscar nomination..

Achebe wrote his own folklore and tried to pass it on as reality. This guy is also doing a good job at demeaning his origin.

It's just another Africa is a war zone movie.. Mediocre at its best. Simple!

You my friend, are the biggest Ignoramus I have encountered yet. What exactly is your point? What exactly is mediocre about the movie? Which people are they parading in bad light? what folklore did Achebe write?
Clearly, you are the one who is very confused here. You better you wake up from your slumber now?! or else.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by kraftykc(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
Waiting for Helon Habila's 'Measuring Time', these books deserve even more international acclaim.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by kraftykc(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
jackbauersballs: That Houseboy played Moses in 'The Block'

And I'm so looking forward to see Chiwetalu play an Ibo man

Hahahaha, as opposed to him being a Briton in real life.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Dospix(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
I had to download this video...i kept watching this video over and over again. Thank you Chimamanda for telling our story to the people of the world;i just hope i will live longer to tel the coming generation of the state of quagmire Nigeria find her self presently. I belive in the nation called Nigeria...amidst the difficulties we face;difficulties masterminded and orchestrated by some unpatriotic citizens...Nigeria will stand.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by toshmann(m): 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
I won't watch it sad
I won't read the book sad
I will do everything in my power to forget the details of that part of our history where our fathers and grandpas suffered unspeakable injury a the hands of their fellow Nigerians, injuries, vestiges of which remain in the Nigerian polity even as of today.

I don't want to wake up in the morning and start hating Nigerians from another part of the country because of what was done long before they were born. sad

No, I won't watch it. And I don't recommend it for people with a soft heart either.

Just one generation down the war, the pain is still felt in my elderly fathers heart. Little wonder he never spoke about it. Prolly didnt want me to hate other people. I'll follow his footsteps
cry cry
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wow! I'm definitely going to watch this movie. The billions of Naira spent on this movie is sure worth it; but the director should have cast actresses like Tonto Dikeh, Genevieve and Rita Dominic.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by RedCard1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
coogar: i am disappointed nkiru sylvanus was not included in the cast.
we are talking about a reasonable movie here and u are mentioning Nkiru Sylvanus? Wetin u smoke? Pls lets get serious. The trailer is good, lets just pray it doesn't get snubbed @d Oscars 2014 for best foreign film @least even if it's just a nomination. The cast and crew did a good job. Lest I forget, could it be that Genevieve Nnaji's scenes were trully cut off?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by biafranqueen: 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
Finally!!! Eagerly Anticipating cheesy
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by RedCard1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
CFCfan: Wow! I'm definitely going to watch this movie. The billions of Naira spent on this movie is sure worth it; but the director should have cast actresses like Tonto Dikeh, Genevieve and Rita Dominic.
my brother, Genevieve was there. I wonder why her scenes were deleted. And Tonto is a no no.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ladygogo: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
i'm in love with CHiwetel. kiss that guy is a fantastic actor. I think Nse ikpe etim would have been perfect as kainene.

I have read the book and look forward to seeing the movie. Nice to see Gloria Young, Zack Orji and Onyeka Onwenu.

I'm so glad that overrated binsh(genevieve) wasnt in the movie. cool cool cool. she should watch the movie and learn.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
lady gogo: i'm in love with CHiwetel. kiss that guy is a fantastic actor. I think Nse ikpe etim would have been perfect as kainene.

I have read the book and look forward to seeing the movie. Nice to see Gloria Young, Zack Orji and Onyeka Onwenu.

I'm so glad that overrated binsh(genevieve) wasnt in the movie. cool cool cool. she should watch the movie and learn.
She would have done well but she doesn't have the name to sell the movie. There's a reason why they used two Hollywood Actors as the lead male and female.

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by biafranqueen: 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
Okija_juju: Before we get carried away by something as trivial as accent, remember this;

The target audience for this movie is bigger than Nigeria and even Africa. If possible, the directors would be gunning for an Oscar or Academy Award. I'm sure their hope is to have this movie hit number 1 in the box office.
We have to learn to have vision this will also bring more attention to Nollywood in an around about way. This is incredible a Nigerian sister had her book picked up by a major studio and all we can debate is accent embarassed We have to start lifting up our good achievement! This negative mentality of having a hard time to praise is keeping us down as a people. When we change our thinking as a people the situation in Nigeria will change!

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by biafranqueen: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
She would have done well but she doesn't have the name to sell the movie. There's a reason why they used two Hollywood Actors as the lead male and female.
Business 1st Business 2nd and Business 3rd! wink
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by manny4life(m): 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Oh wow, I'm so seeing this movie if it comes to the US theater.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is ALWAYS on point, and kudos to Ms Adichie for the inspiration in her book, nothing more to say. We have a story to tell the world, and we have a lot to learn from our shortcomings.

For this pent on accent, unu ga egbu onwe nu (you people will kill yourselves). Live and let live.

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by RedCard1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
lady gogo: i'm in love with CHiwetel. kiss that guy is a fantastic actor. I think Nse ikpe etim would have been perfect as kainene.

agreed, Genevieve needs improvement but pls she isn't bad @all. Your Nse can't even fit in as she lacks the package of an actress. Genevieve was deleted and you are happy. Mtchewwwww!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by whitecat007: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Why not mobilize your people to start begging for an Oscar right now? and then cry "everyone hates us" when you don't have your way. You sure have no idea how many bigger and better indigenous movies are out and still coming by Dec. The decisions who gets what is not based on emotion cos viewers are not going to watch the film with your emotional eyes, the storyline must make sense.
Red_Card: we are talking about a reasonable movie here and u are mentioning Nkiru Sylvanus? Wetin u smoke? Pls lets get serious. The trailer is good, lets just pray it doesn't get snubbed @d Oscars 2014 for best foreign film @least even if it's just a nomination. The cast and crew did a good job. Lest I forget, could it be that Genevieve Nnaji's scenes were trully cut off?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ladygogo: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:

Yeah i understand you. I meant Nse Ikpe as Kainene.(Supporting Actress)
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by manny4life(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Red_Card: agreed, Genevieve needs improvement but pls she isn't bad @all. Your Nse can't even fit in as she lacks the package of an actress. Genevieve was deleted and you are happy. Mtchewwwww!

I think Nse is a better actress than Genevive, no offense, I think Genevive is over-hyped. I had to give it to Nse in the Mr and Mrs movie... It was the perfect BEST.

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
lady gogo:

Yeah i understand you. I meant Nse Ikpe as Kainene.(Supporting Actress)
Ohh ok. I thought you were referring to the lead.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by manny4life(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
whitecat007: Why not mobilize your people to start begging for an Oscar right now? and then cry "everyone hates us" when you don't have your way. You sure have no idea how many bigger and better indigenous movies are out and still coming by Dec. The decisions who gets what is not based on emotion cos viewers are not going to watch the film with your emotional eyes, the storyline must make sense.

And your point is?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
manny4life:

I think Nse is a better actress than Genevive, no offense, I think Genevive is over-hyped. I had to give it to Nse in the Mr and Mrs movie... It was the perfect BEST.
I think Nse is better than Genevieve too cos she's full of emotions. But i don't think Genevieve is over-hyped talent wise. She's known for being Genevieve, the Actress and celebrity and because of the way she carries herself and not because she possesses the best talent. There are loads of people in the industry that are better than her

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ladygogo: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Red_Card: agreed, Genevieve needs improvement but pls she isn't bad @all. Your Nse can't even fit in as [/b[b]]she lacks the package of an actress. Genevieve was deleted and you are happy. Mtchewwwww!

grin you know you are joking right?Go and Watch Mr and Mrs. hell yeah! i'm happy. cheesy
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by armyofone(m): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Can't wait to see it!!

I hope I can rent it on Netflix. I don't like keeping movies.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ladygogo: 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
i wonder who is playing Odenigbo's houseboy? That guy is funny as hell. grin grin i hope the Actor brings his character to life.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by manny4life(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
armyofone: Can't wait to see it!!

I hope I can rent it on Netflix. I don't like keeping movies.

A new movie that hasn't reached the theater is what you want to rent on Netflix abi? You tripping
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by manny4life(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think Nse is better than Genevieve too cos she's full of emotions. But i don't think Genevieve is over-hyped talent wise. She's known for being Genevieve, the Actress and celebrity and because of the way she carries herself and not because she possesses the best talent. There are loads of people in the industry that are better than her

I'm talking about talent wise, I think she's over-hyped (to me), it doesn't mean that she doesn't have good/great acting qualities, I just think her talent is blown out of proportion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stephanie Nnadi Bags Double Award As Entertainment Personality, Best Talented Ma / Emmanuel Evicted From The Big Brother House / Voltron Defender Of The Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.