Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 (17936 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ladygogo: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
CFCfan:

Tonto Dikeh and Mercy Aigbe are slightly better than Thandie Newton.

I know you are still joking. ROTfLMAO! grin grin grin grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
lady gogo:

I know you are still joking. ROTfLMAO! grin grin grin grin

Of course he is. He's just obsessed with tonto
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
Y'all can continue with your discourse about the movie.

I just get hyped every time I see mandem from my bits doing big things.

That's hometown right there. wink tongue grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
shymexx:

Who are these people?

They aren't even qualified to clean Thandie's nails. undecided undecided
Mercy Aigbe is one of the best Yoruba actresses, and also amongst the best in Africa. Tonto Dikeh is already a legend in Nollywood.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by somegirl1: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
CFCfan:
Mercy Aigbe is one of the best Yoruba actresses, and also amongst the best in Africa. Tonto Dikeh is already a legend in Nollywood.

who's she?

Thandie wasn't a bad choice for the movie. She just should have learned to speak something close to a Nigerian accent.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by coogar: 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
adaobi123:
I have read the book tongue

i doubt it....if it's true, what's ugwu's greatest desire? grin cheesy

shymexx: @Coogar
Add Chiwetel Ejiofor to the list.

growing list....
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ladygogo: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
philfearon: Chai!! So now,Foreigners are now Acting our own History for us?
God Punish Backwardness!

what is this one saying?

Who would you have prefered? undecided Genevieve Nnaji, Dayo Amusa,toyin aimaku Omotola Jalade,Benita Nzeribe,nkiru sylvanus, tonto dikeh,ENiola badmus etc.

Now can any of the aforementioned sell the movie to the world as lead actors and supporting actors?

Will they be able to bring their various characters to life.

you think its just some yeye nollywood abe ile movie with nonsense story line.......
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ladygogo: 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
shymexx:

Who are these people?

They aren't even qualified to clean Thandie's nails. undecided undecided

Oh dear! pls dont kill me abeg. LMAO. My co-workers will think i'm crazy with the way i'm laughing.....
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by somegirl1: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
lady gogo:

what is this one saying?

Who would you have prefered? undecided Genevieve Nnaji, Dayo Amusa,toyin aimaku Omotola Jalade,Benita Nzeribe,nkiru sylvanus, tonto dikeh,ENiola badmus etc.

Now can any of the aforementioned sell the movie to the world as lead actors and supporting actors?

Will they be able to bring their various characters to life.

you think its just some yeye nollywood abe ile movie with nonsense story line.......

That's why he stated:
God punish backwardness
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by coogar: 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
CFCfan:

mercy what? mercy who?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
CFCfan:

I don't watch naija movies.

All the movies either have similar titles, same storyline, or some next weird titles. The acting is just so so...and I can't really get jiggy with some of the weird shiit that happens in those movies. grin

I'd rather watch the most boring documentary about nothing than watch a naija movie. grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ladygogo: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
some-girl:

That's why he stated:

Yes . I saw that. but take a look at the crop of actors i put up there.

We still have fine actors and actresses in Nigeria, but just because some arent able to sell a movie or are mediocre actors doesnt mean we are backward.

Both Nse ikpe etim and funlola aofiyebi are amazing actresses but they arent as marketable as thandie or anika noni rose......

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
coogar:

i doubt it....if it's true, what's ugwu's greatest desire? grin

tongue
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by denzel2009: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
shymexx: African accent, Nigerian accent, Igbo accent blah blah.

Have you got any B/C-list actress good enough to take Thandie Newton's place?

The only actress of naija origin who's close, Sophie Okonedo, had other commitments to a bigger budget movie called; After Earth.

If you don't like the accent, you might as well go get your medieval nollywood actors and their ancient cameras to shoot a remix. undecided

Tonto Dikeh would have done a better job tbh. Anyway, they should release on time so that we can watch it on youtube.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by somegirl1: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
lady gogo:

Yes . I saw that. but take a look at the crop of actors i put up there.

We still have fine actors and actresses in Nigeria, but just because some arent able to sell a movie or are mediocre actors doesnt mean we are backward.

Both Nse ikpe etim and funlola aofiyebi are amazing actresses but they arent as marketable as thandie or anika noni rose......

Still boils down to backwardness. Our best aren't good enough.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by coogar: 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
denzel2009:
Tonto Dikeh would have done a better job tbh. Anyway, they should release on time so that we can watch it on youtube.

or irokotv!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

For you, the last king of scotland was not a great movie because the Idi Amin was not Ugandan nor had a Ugandan accent abi?!

Am I Uganadan? why would i care about the Last King Of Scotland? or anything that has to do with Idi Amin?

Those mentioning the Mandela movie coming up..Southn Africans arent happy about it. Unlike you drones, they have no problem expressing their displeasures.

Anyway the movie is about Igbos..so you guys being fine with a biracial with no real movie behind her over your own kind is not surprising

You will see the difference when Fela's own movie comes out.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Anyway, I think Genevieve is the woman backing the camera at 0:39-0:40 grin grin wearing red with an Afro. I'm more happy to see our seasoned actors like Zach Orji, Onyeka Onwenu and Gloria Young, even that guy in Meet the Adebanjos is there (can't remember his name), O.C Ukeje too. I have no complaints with this movie. cool cool cool I was skeptical about Thandie in the beginning, but for some reason I love her now. tongue tongue cool cool

I can't wait to watch it o. kiss

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Am I Uganadan? why would i care about the Last King Of Scotland? or anything that has to do with Idi Amin?

Those mentioning the Mandela movie coming up..Southn Africans arent happy about it. Unlike you drones, they have no problem expressing their displeasures.

Anyway the movie is about Igbos..so you guys being fine with a biracial with no real movie behind her over your own kind is not surprising

You will see the difference when Fela's own movie comes out.

Who are the drones? undecided

And the last time I checked, the guy who did all the Fela thing on broadway isn't from Nigeria.

If you lot don't like the movie, get Nigerians to raise funds to make another one.

Then you can get your z-list nollywood actors to do their version! undecided
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
If I must comment, I'll say do not judge a book by its movie
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by babyboy3(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
shymexx:

I know - but she had other commitments. However, is there any other naija actress on Thandie's level in Hollywood? Bear in mind that people sponsored the movie and they're looking to make profits as well - hence why they went for the big names.

Sophie isn't Tutsi but Rwandans never complained about her role in Hotel Rwanda.

Thank you NO ONE (including the Rwandans) didnt complain

Morgan Freeman sounds nothing like an Afrikaan in Invictus, Matt Damion sound nothing like an Afrikaan and looked nothing like Francios Pienaar but the South African didnt complain

Ben Kingsley playing Ghandi

Madonna playing Evita

The Accent is one of the job what about the acting the emotional part of it which out artist lack
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
shymexx:

Who are the drones? undecided

And the last time I checked, the guy who did all the Fela thing on broadway isn't from Nigeria.

If you lot don't like the movie, get Nigerians to raise funds to make another one.

Then you can get your z-list nollywood actors to do their version! undecided

why would you compare a boardway play to a movie? Does that make sense?

as for Z list

name one movie where Thandie was the STAR of the movie. Go ahead. LOL. Majority of people cant even name 2 films of hers so spare me.

Every other Nigerian in the movie is a better actor/actress than her but because she's not Nigerian you feel the need to hype her up.

Inferiority Complex is a hell of a drug

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by manny4life(m): 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

as for Z list

name one movie where Thandie was the STAR of the movie. Go ahead. LOL. Majority of people cant even name 2 films of hers so spare me.

Every other Nigerian in the movie is a better actor/actress than her but because she's not Nigerian you feel the need to hype her up.

Me think the bold is your problem
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
ehizo25: If I must comment, I'll say do not judge a book by its movie
??
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by rufychuks: 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
I have watched the trailer three times in succesion and i am impressed. unlike most people here, like thiefofhearts, i own, and have read, the book and i believe the movie will surpass expectations when released. Starting with the sisters, odenigbo, ugwu (my good man!), richard, the movie costume, the airport scene, the wedding scene, the cast!!!!!!
Yes, i am very excited just from watching the trailer!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

as for Z list

No matter how to try to diminish broadway, that won't change the fact that of all the 160 million heads in Nigeria - a non-Nigerian played Fela on broadway. Heck, most of the back-up dancers don't have anything in common with Nigeria.

Are you for real about Thandie Newton? If I don't remember anything, I'd still remember her from Gridlock'd with Tupac, Crash, pursuit of happiness with Will Smith, and for coloured girls.

Thandie has that star power that no other actress of naija descent has - she's a B-list celebrity in hollywood. Heck, I'd put her on the 2nd layer after the likes of: Zoe Zaldana and Halle Berry.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by coogar: 12:02am On Jul 25, 2013
shymexx:
Are you for real about Thandie Newton? If I don't remember anything, I'd still remember her from Gridlock'd with Tupac, Crash, pursuit of happiness with Will Smith, and for coloured girls.

mission impossible II?
she played a leading role with tom cruise, it doesn't get bigger than that. she's a better actor than any of her nigerian counterparts....
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 25, 2013
coogar:

mission impossible II?
she played a leading role with tom cruise, it doesn't get bigger than that. she's a better actor than any of her nigerian counterparts....

Don't mind ThiefOfHearts, she's just feisty like that. Thandie's resume is loaded for a black actress in hollywood, in a movie industry that hardly give black women opportunities.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by rufychuks: 12:40am On Jul 25, 2013
coogar:

mission impossible II?
very true
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 25, 2013
coogar:

mission impossible II?

she was in Beloved too where oprah winfrey acted
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Freewilly(f): 1:04am On Jul 25, 2013
I just hope there will be alot about Igbo culture, dance, and traditions in this movie. Igbo culture is very rich and this is a good chance for the world to have a glance at our culture.

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by BlackPikiN(m): 1:16am On Jul 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQNjfhlREk

Chiwetel Ejiofor with Brad Pitt.

Their newest movie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stephanie Nnadi Bags Double Award As Entertainment Personality, Best Talented Ma / Emmanuel Evicted From The Big Brother House / Voltron Defender Of The Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.