Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 (17935 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji Is Featured In 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Trailer / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by BlackPikiN(m): 1:17am On Jul 25, 2013
An Oscar? Maybe?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by kabaka1: 2:30am On Jul 25, 2013
Afam4eva: WOW! Nice Trailer. I can't wait to see it.

Chiwetel Ejiofor and Thandie Newton reunite again after 2012.

I saw Zack Orji, Gloria Aniozie Young but didn't see Genevieve. Did they truly cut out her part?

Yes, they cut Genevieve's part off because her acting style didn't fit what the director wanted.

Good thing is she'll still get paid though, but d bad thing is that she still didn't make her hollywood debut that she craves like most other nollywood actresses/actors
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 2:53am On Jul 25, 2013
coogar:

mission impossible II?
she played a leading role with tom cruise, it doesn't get bigger than that. she's a better actor than any of her nigerian counterparts....

Wow that's true. So it was Thandie all along?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 25, 2013
kabaka1:

Yes, they cut Genevieve's part off because her acting style didn't fit what the director wanted.

Good thing is she'll still get paid though, but d bad thing is that she still didn't make her hollywood debut that she craves like most other nollywood actresses/actors

If at all they are cutting anything (which has been refuted as a lie already), it's got nothing to do with acting style.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Tinyemeka(m): 3:19am On Jul 25, 2013
Wow! Extremely intense!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:08am On Jul 25, 2013
manny4life:

Me think the bold is your problem

Nah. Im good. Yall the problem.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:13am On Jul 25, 2013
shymexx:

No matter how to try to diminish broadway, that won't change the fact that of all the 160 million heads in Nigeria - a non-Nigerian played Fela on broadway. Heck, most of the back-up dancers don't have anything in common with Nigeria.

You are still not making sense

One is a MUSICAL based on Fela's songs, the other is gonna be a movie based on his life.

The comparison is reetarded.

I expect better from you. seriously.

as for B list. LOL ok. More black people (not including Nigerians) know Genevieve more than Thandie but whatever makes you feel better sha.

When you even have Americans asking "why arent the star actresses Nigerian"..you know there's an issue but carry on sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by biafranqueen: 4:22am On Jul 25, 2013
manny4life:

And your point is?
Just ignore themoo
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by omar22(m): 6:33am On Jul 25, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

More black people (not including Nigerians) know Genevieve more than Thandie but whatever makes you feel better sha.

cheesy

Really?

Please can someone tell me when Beloved came out?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Caleboha(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2013
Exhillarating! I had goose bumps watching that... cool
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2013
All this complaining about the accent is just irritatimg even the Nigerians in the movie have no accent and as far as the story line holds,I dont see any reason to hate on the movie and those people crying over Genevieve should calm down,Genny is just too rigid,Nse would do a better job than her. The movie is going to great and ladies please stop hating on thandie,she is black,at least we thank God they didn't cast Jessica chastain

1 Like

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by pappythinko(m): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2013
babyosisi: Can't wait to see it
looks good already
Our story is being told
Thanks to Chimamanda
Chinua Achebe and DIM Ojukwu must be smiling.

What has ojukwu n Achebe got to do with the issue at hand..?? una nor dey purge una self from all una quackolocal(if there is any word like that) mentality.. Nonsense!! I am huge fan of Chinamanda Adichie, a very good woman n an archetype of ethnocultural grace thus I am proud of her.. I love the woman die, not an ethnic bigot like you.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Lugard12: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2013
I can wait to see the movie
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Lugard12: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2013
When is it coming on set?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2013
pappythinko:
What has ojukwu n Achebe got to do with the issue at hand..?? una nor dey purge una self from all una quackolocal(if there is any word like that) mentality.. Nonsense!! I am huge fan of Chinamanda Adichie, a very good woman n an archetype of ethnocultural grace thus I am proud of her.. I love the woman die, not an ethnic bigot like you.

The movie is centered on d war. Achebe n Ojukwu can not be completely disassociated from the WAR.
It's bound to them. And they will actually smile when they see the story being told to the world.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
We are blaming the producers and director of this movie when we should be blaming our filmmakers, why does it have to be the white man that would tell our story for us,the producers of this movie have no fault. We have wonderful stories,colorful characters,polarizing figures in the history of this nation and we need people to bring these riveting storied to the big screen so that as a people we reflect on our past and really think about the future, while the Biafra war is a wonderful topic,I think the events of and leading up to 16th January 1966 would make a wonderful movie, the only scene I really want actedand that plays in my head is that of nzeogwu shouting "fire you bastards,fire",idris elba or Joseph Benjamin would potray nzeogwu and its a dream of mine to finance a movie like this but instead of making quality movies,our inept filmmakers continue to churn out moronic movies with no value whatsoever.how dare you question the movie or the accent of thandie newton when you can't tell your own story. I don't care if she sounds English or German,as far as someone is telling a story I am satisfied
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
omar22:

Really?

Please can someone tell me when Beloved came out?

lol @ Beloved. Keep singing Beloved. Unlike you Nigerians that dont read, people know the book more than the movie grin
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by somegirl1: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
pappythinko:

They, like all who were negatively affected i.e every man/ woman from the south east of Nigeria and relevant parts of Delta, have everything to do with it.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by babyboy3(m): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

lol @ Beloved. Keep singing Beloved. Unlike you Nigerians that dont read, people know the book more than the movie grin

The main fact that you said black people know of Genevieve more than Thandie punches a hole into all of your comments you have placed here!!! Comparing Genevieve to Thandie is like comparing Mikel Obi to Iniesta, they are not in the same league.

Do you know what it takes to go from an English Cockney accent to a southern American 16Th century accent? Lets see Genevieve speak in an Ibadan accent
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
baby-boy:

\Comparing Genevieve to Thandie is like comparing Mikel Obi to Iniesta, they are not in the same league.

True. Genevieve is in a higher league. Unlike you I dont believe Thandie is better cos she's half white. Brainwashed coon.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by SEFAGO(m): 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

True. Genevieve is in a higher league. Unlike you I dont believe Thandie is better cos she's half white. Brainwashed coon.

You seem to have some major race problems. Ok lets make the leap of faith that Genevieve is in a bigger league than thandie. I can't imagine being an investor an investing money in a movie that would star Genevieve Nnaji. That is a shitty investment. Would you give me my money back if the movie tanked? At least Thandie has some star appeal. Except you think any of Nnaji's home videos can match Mission Impossible.

On another note, Thandie is a babe. Who would not want to see her hot caramel skin and lithe body on screen? (Forget her acting grin)

Do you want the white guy in the movie to be making out with like a Nigerian actress, most who don't floss all the time? Why suffer the poor guy?

Now consider the logistics. Imagine when they are rolling on the bed and Genevieve's wig falls out grin

Who no like better thing?

Seriously though, I went to a talk by Adichie a few months ago, and she explicitly referred to women like you (those who keep on arguing about the Color of the actress) as "Jobless women who have nothing better to do."

You should not care about the color of the actress she used but the quality of the acting. And Thandie delivered (Said Adichie who has watched the movie).

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Mimicole(f): 12:11am On Jul 26, 2013
Pls can someone help me out with a link that I could use to download d trailer on mobile? Plsss
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by 2legit2qwt: 2:59am On Jul 26, 2013
Kinda reminds me of Hotel Rwanda, will like to see it
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by omar22(m): 6:37am On Jul 26, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Why dont you get that chip off your shoulder, "I was poor because I was black" Oh please get real, I hate it when people always have something to blame!

Whoopi Goldbergs only Oscar (in Ghost) was for a role originally or written for a WHITE Character! I guess she got the role because was also half white and I believe Jennifer Hudson is also good because she is half white What a Looney!!!

The Best Genevieve did was in a Mirror Boy, when she acted as a Gambian Mother speaking with a Nigerian accent! Higher league my black@ss
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2013
omar22:

Why dont you get that chip off your shoulder, "I was poor because I was black" Oh please get real, I hate it when people always have something to blame!

Whoopi Goldbergs only Oscar (in Ghost) was for a role originally or written for a WHITE Character! I guess she got the role because was also half white and I believe Jennifer Hudson is also good because she is half white What a Looney!!!

The Best Genevieve did was in a Mirror Boy, when she acted as a Gambian Mother speaking with a Nigerian accent! Higher league my black@ss

Have you ever heard a Gambian accent before? It's just like a typical Nigerian accent.

2 Likes

Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Have you ever heard a Gambian accent before? It's just like a typical Nigerian accent.
Chei,una no go kill person,does Nigeria as a nation have a single accent plus gambian accent is nothing like a Nigerian accent(if Nigeria as a whole has an accent) plus you guys conplaing are not even from the eastern part of Nigeria and if you are,just appreciate the fact that someone even cares to make a movie about you guys
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by VillageBoi(m): 10:03am On Jul 26, 2013
Na wa o! My people we no go leave this race thing? Film has been shot, edited and is doing the festival circuit. Really no point arguing over spilt milk (if we want to even call it that).
So if I make a movie and have a Caucasian in it una go string up my black a$$ and whip my hide raw? U don dey fear well, well wink

I beg e don do!!
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2013
uche16:
Chei,una no go kill person,does Nigeria as a nation have a single accent plus gambian accent is nothing like a Nigerian accent(if Nigeria as a whole has an accent) plus you guys conplaing are not even from the eastern part of Nigeria and if you are,just appreciate the fact that someone even cares to make a movie about you guys
There's a pan-Nigerian accent and that's the accent you hear home grown Nigerian who don't have any tribal accent speak.

MY friend, mechie onu gi osiso, so because they made a movie about us, we should highlight what we feel was below par? Is critiquing not part of movie making again?
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2013
VillageBoi: Na wa o! My people we no go leave this race thing? Film has been shot, edited and is doing the festival circuit. Really no point arguing over spilt milk (if we want to even call it that).
So if I make a movie and have a Caucasian in it una go string up my black a$$ and whip my hide raw? U don dey fear well, well wink

I beg e don do!!
We're not saying they should go back to location because an accent didn't sound Nigerian but what's wrong with critiquing a movie. Don't they do it in Hollywood? It doesn't take away anything if we criticize the movie from now till next year.

The Gambian video you posted even support my argument.
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by omar22(m): 10:42am On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:

[size=18pt]WHAT ?[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bfuauyfXAo
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2013
omar22:

[size=18pt]WHAT ?[/size]
Have you heard a Gambian accent before? Dispute my claim na...
Re: Half Of A Yellow Sun Trailer | Festival 2013 by omar22(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Have you heard a Gambian accent before? Dispute my claim na...

I bro I have so many Gambian friends, even as classmates and Colleagues at work! They sound more like Hausa but not even close to a typical Nigerian accent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stephanie Nnadi Bags Double Award As Entertainment Personality, Best Talented Ma / Emmanuel Evicted From The Big Brother House / Voltron Defender Of The Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.