Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38794 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 2:56am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent: just be a good father.
no woman in her right mind will let an abusive or absent father walk her down the aisle whether or not she is a feminist.

like i said, don't preach to me, we are not in the church.

I re-read the article and didn't see anywhere where it suggests this (that ALL women who didn't want to wear white also didn't want their fathers to walk them down the aisle). can u plz show us data?
quit making stuff up/ adding ur own jara to the article.

where were you when your mates were doing set theory in school? you were probably a perpetual truant. this is simple mathematics.

100% - class size

76% - traditional marriage(no compromise)

10% - no white wedding, no dad walking the aisle
14% - white wedding, no dad walking the aisle

remember, the article said almost a quarter....which means it's a bit less than 25%, not 25%. how difficult can it be? if you cannot make your own deductions from simple data, please kill yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 2:58am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

of the 24%, 10% want to take it further by wearing anything other than white
this is simple logic that even the dumbest of student in primary 4 would have grasped.

out of 100%
24% do not want to walk with their fathers
10% do not want white dress

therefore, according to you, the 10% must have come out of the 24%.
hahaha I agree. only the dumbest student in primary 4 could have come up with this kind of dumb illlogic!! grin grin grin grin

out of 100%
10% wanted red
24% wanted apples

therefore the 10% who wanted red ALSO must have wanted apples based on coogar-math. hahahah dumb dumb dumb.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:02am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

10% - no white wedding, no dad walking the aisle
14% - white wedding, no dad walking the aisle

can you show me the quote in the article that u found this breakdown of the 24% who didn't want their dads?
again, stop making stuff out of your azz

u r looking dumber and dumber by the minute.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 3:02am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent:
out of 100%
24% do not want to walk with their fathers
10% do not want white dress

therefore, according to you, the 10% must have come out of the 24%.
hahaha I agree. only the dumbest student in primary 4 could have come up with this kind of dumb illlogic!! grin grin grin grin

the 24% encompass all the alterations in the traditional wedding. all of them want the maiden name and no dad walking the aisle with them. 10% of the 24% want no white wedding.

the other 76% are keeping to the old tradition!!!

99cent:
can you show me the quote in the article that u found this breakdown of the 24% who didn't want their dads?
again, stop making stuff out of your azz

u r looking dumber and dumber by the minute.

you are a fool - you can either be a feminist or not a feminist. you cannot sit on the fence. the distinction is clear. 76% still want the old tradition of the wedding. 24% want some of the ideas altered!!

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 3:09am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent:
out of 100%
10% wanted red
24% wanted apples

therefore the 10% who wanted red ALSO must have wanted apples based on coogar-math. hahahah dumb dumb dumb.

if 24% want apples and 10% want red, it means the 10% want red apples and the other 14% would have any colour of apples.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:10am On Jul 28, 2013
hahaha dummy. no where in d article does it state that all the 10% who didn't wear white also didn't let their dad walk the aisle with them. that's just something u made up out of your yansh.

I don't blame u though. u couldn't think of any other reason why a woman would not wear white (divorced, non-conformist etc) or refuse to walk with their dad (abusive, dead, absent etc). just as you couldn't think of any reason why a woman would prefer her own name (profession, ease of pronunciation etc). Feminism is not a one size fit all. it's all about women having the ability to make their own choices for whatever reason. women aren't children.

I will leave u with a picture of a woman in alternative wedding dress who is being walked by her father. I hope u don't have a heart attack from seeing it. hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 3:11am On Jul 28, 2013
Just need to drop this on here.

Funny thread - nairaland seems better and more fun as a guest and I thoroughly enjoyed the thread. I almost choked out laughing at some of the comments. However, the guys did disappoint me. How are you going to allow femi-nazis run circles around your squares? Feminists just made life easier - marriage without stress and free puzzy till the end of time. We need more of this!!!

But I have to say this: Afam4eva is the biggest wimp and sissy ever!! This nyggah evaporated like steam after he was brutally castrated by an unrepentant femi-nazi - hysterical shyte!!! grin grin grin

Shyte, I absolutely love feisty women - sha.gging them is the best thing since slice bread. wink

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:15am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

if 24% want apples and 10% want red, it means the 10% want red apples and the other 14% would have any colour of apples.

hahahahahhahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
no comment

if out of 100%
24% people wanted an apple
and 10% wanted a red car. how do we know that all the 10% who wanted a red car also wanted an apple?

this information SAYS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how many wanted both. infact, it could be 0, it could be all. we don't know. we would need more information to decide this. Are you sure you finished primary school? grin grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 3:17am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent: hahaha dummy. no where in d article does it state that all the 10% who didn't wear white also didn't let their dad walk the aisle with them. that's just something u made up out of your yansh.

you are thick-headed!!!

I don't blame u though. u couldn't think of any other reason why a woman would not wear white (divorced, non-conformist etc) or refuse to walk with their dad (abusive, dead, absent etc). just as you couldn't think of any reason why a woman would prefer her own name (profession, ease of pronunciation etc). Feminism is not a one size fit all. it's all about women having the ability to make their own choices for whatever reason. women aren't children.

you are a consummate simpleton.....
the women who don't want their dads giving them away clearly stated it made them feel like a property. the ones who didn't want white wedding alluded it to the fact that the grooms don't wear any colour code that signifies their own purity and the explanation of keeping the maiden name was also stated in the article......they were all for feminist reasons...

I will leave u with a picture of a woman in alternative wedding dress who is being walked by her father. I hope u don't have a heart attack from seeing it. hahahaha

the picture is irrelevant if it's not the picture of one of the 200 women in the survey. you must really have poop for brains to claw out a picture from the ozone layer to buttress your point. the main focus here are the 200 women in the article!

try again.....

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:19am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:
the women who don't want their dads giving them away clearly stated it made them feel like a property.

post the quote to this "statement". otherwise, u remain a lying basterd.
stop making stuff up out of your AZZ grin grin grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:25am On Jul 28, 2013
the funniest thing is that coogar, u are carrying other men's "problems" on your head. if and when u get married, no one is forcing u to marry a woman who prefer not to have her dad walk her. or who don't want to wear white (i'm assuming that u will be marrying a virgin? LOL hahaha ) or who wants her own name or hyphenated name.
the men who are marrying these women chose to do so wink it shouldn't be a problem for you, should it?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 28, 2013
99 cent, you are so on point and I love you!

Coogar OMG! shocked shocked Really? 76+10+14? Really? ? ? ? ?

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 3:28am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent:
post the quote to this "statement". otherwise, u remain a lying basterd.
stop making stuff up out of your AZZ grin grin grin

Elki Parmar of Wedding Days.co.uk, who conducted the survey, said: ‘Some of the brides we have spoken to are doing things that they feel make their wedding more 'feminist'.

'That could be reflected by deciding not be given away, the idea being that one of the connotations of this tradition is that the woman is property to be given away'.

congratulations for telling the whole world the money invested in your formal education should have been used to purchase quality condoms to prevent your conception.

now, who's the lying bastärd that is also an unintelligible charlatan? your attention span needs spiritual deliverance.

ileobatojo: 99 cent, you are so on point and I love you!
Coogar OMG! shocked shocked Really? 76+16+14? Really? ? ? ? ?

see this village bicycle, where did you see 16%?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:36am On Jul 28, 2013
ileobatojo: 99 cent, you are so on point and I love you!

Coogar OMG! shocked shocked Really? 76+16+14? Really? ? ? ? ?

abeg I no fit laugh grin grin grin
all d while i'm laughing my azz off and wondering why i'm even bothering to correct him.

coogar:
Elki Parmar of Wedding Days.co.uk, who conducted the survey, said: ‘Some of the brides we have spoken to are doing things that they feel make their wedding more 'feminist'.

'That could be reflected by deciding not be given away, the idea being that one of the connotations of this tradition is that the woman is property to be given away.

so the women didn't make the statement afterall. i'm not blind and i'm reading the same article as you!
the article simply stated it as "one of the connotations" meaning that it wasn't the women's words. unless u don't know what connotation means.
besides another connotation is that women who didn't let their dads give them away most likely have bad relationship with their dads. this is based on the last statement that women who DID let their dad give them away, did it based on love for their dads.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 3:37am On Jul 28, 2013
99 cent? you cannot comment again? cat got your tongue?? you really should have gone to specsavers instead of making yourself look like a lying bastärd with poop for brains.

i dey go sleep.....

99cent:
so the women didn't make the statement afterall. i'm not blind and i'm reading the same article as you!
the article simply stated it as "one of the connotations" meaning that it wasn't the women's words. unless u don't know what means.

you are a disgrace to all XX-chromosomes carrying specie....
the woman that made the survey spoke to the women and they did not want their dads giving them away as that act connotes that the brides are cheap commodity that are being given away.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 28, 2013
quarashi:
Till you can face me with your original account, you are forever going to be my play thing. Hope to see you spreading the Shollypopz gospel, when I wake up tomorrow. cool

Do not make any mistake, this post still stands.

Lol, it's a matter of time mumu. cool "Fowl yansh go open"

...you are either bejahisky, coogar, or some stalker. I'm used to people following my sh1t around NL like flies. grin grin

Upgrade your style, create a thread in my name cool

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:41am On Jul 28, 2013
@cooagar u must be blind because there is a post of mine right above urs!

conclusion about coogar:
1. u can't do math for s.hit
2. u are carrying other men's problems on your head
3. you seem to be worried that ur daughter won't ask u to walk her down the aisle. hahaha to which I will say, be a good father and u will have no reason to worry.
I can go on but I will stop here... for now. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:45am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:
the woman that made the survey spoke to the women and they did not want their dads giving them away as that act connotes that the brides are cheap commodity that are being given away.

so now you admit that it was the woman conducting the survey that "spoke" LOL

anyway, based on the last sentence in the article, we can also make a connotation that
1.many of the women who did not want their dad walking the aisle did not love their father. maybe these fathers were abusive and absent.
2.many women who DID want their fathers to walk the aisle were feminists (it is stated that they didn't do it for anti-feminist reasons afterall)
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 3:47am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent: @cooagar u must be blind because there is a post of mine right above urs!

you are blind, deaf and dumb.....

conclusion about coogar:
1. u can't do math for s.hit
2. u are carrying other men's problems on your head
3. you seem to be worried that ur daughter won't ask u to walk her down the aisle. hahaha to which I will say, be a good father and u will have no reason to worry.
I can go on but I will stop here... for now. grin grin grin grin

1) i wouldn't be where i am at today if i wasn't good at math.

2) carrying man's problems on my head? far from it. i get my kicks yanking the chain of pseudo-feminists like yourself.

3)why should i worry about my daughter not asking me to walk the aisle? i might produce sons all through? i might not even be alive when my daughter is getting married. who worries about such frivolities? you are clearly wrongly wired. your comprehension skills are nothing to write home about - you are poor in spirit!

99cent:
so now you admit that it was the woman conducting the survey that "spoke" LOL

she spoke to the yet-to-be brides and she regurgitated what they told her that the idea of fathers walking the aisle with them connotes they are cheap properties. it's the idea that connotes cheap commodity not the piffle you explained minutes ago...

anyway, based on the last sentence in the article, we can also make a connotation that
1.many of the women who did not want their dad walking the aisle did not love their father. maybe these fathers were abusive and absent.
2.many women who DID want their fathers to walk the aisle were feminists (it is stated that they didn't do it for anti-feminist reasons afterall)

these are false connotations - the reason these women don't want to be given away is because it connotes them as cheap commodities. if the fathers are abusive or absent, another man can act as their dad on the day.

your idiocy is epic, christ!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

see this village bicycle, where did you see 16%?

Try as you might to dodge the issue, you have utterly disgraced yourself. Just go bury your dull head in shame! Olodo!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:50am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:
1) i wouldn't be where i am at today if i wasn't good at math.

u don't have to be good at math to be anywhere u are (anyone can be anywhere on the internet)
just don't come on NL trying to argue a point when ur math ain't adding up. because clearly, u aren't good at it.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 28, 2013
@collynzo2: Since I have been forced to answer a quote made by another woman, here I go.

It's so hard, that y'all choose to remain blind to pure facts. I mean it's kinda ridiculous that I'm having to prove what I consider general knowledge.

We know that there's really no one doing any research tailored to stuff like this in Nigeria, we never reach that stage for my country. Even if there's a lil research on the topic, it's probably not going to be online but in someone's office. The worse is some if these women in private sectors not even knowing they are being paid less than their male counterparts.

Research that proves the infamous knowledge, tailored strictly to Nigerians: http://www.ilo.org/public/english/revue/download/pdf/robinson.pdf (start reading from page 15)
http://www.ewp.rpi.edu/jbdn/jbdnv803.pdf (pg 76,77...)

Others if you care:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/the-white-houses-use-of-data-on-the-gender-wage-gap/2012/06/04/gJQAYH6nEV_blog.html (Obama made a mistake, its 77c)
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-21/equal-pay-plaintiffs-burden-of-proof
http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/womens-earnings-and-income

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 3:54am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

3)why should i worry about my daughter not asking me to walk the aisle? i might produce sons all through? i might not even be alive when my daughter is getting married. who worries about such frivolities? you are clearly wrongly wired. your comprehension skills are nothing to write home about - you are poor in spirit!!!

your sons may not even invite u to their wedding at all if they hate ur guts. it happens.
trust me, many of the women who are not letting their dad walk them down the aisle, chances are that a good percentage of them aren't even inviting their dads at all (that is if they even know their dads LOL).
the surveyer didn't ask about step-dads or brothers etc. because I do know quite a few women who do not have good relationship with their biological dads and go walked by their step father or brothers. others whose fathers have passed away too. the article says nothing about this. but then its a tabloid article so i really don't see d reason for the big deal being made out of this survey.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 4:04am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent:
your sons may not even invite u to their wedding at all if they hate ur guts. it happens.
trust me, many of the women who are not letting their dad walk them down the aisle, chances are that a good percentage of them aren't even inviting their dads at all (that is if they even know their dads LOL).

if you were sired by an abusive dad, don't put everyone in your troubled childhood. i already said most feminists had a stinking childhood dotted with parental abuse. i intend to raise my kids the right way. find someone else to preach to!

the surveyer didn't ask about step-dads or brothers etc. because I do know quite a few women who do not have good relationship with their biological dads and go walked by their step father or brothers. others whose fathers have passed away too. the article says nothing about this. but then its a tabloid article so i really don't see d reason for the big deal being made out of this survey.

it's not about abusive dads, stop clawing out your own idiotic opinion. people have been using "stand-in" dads on their wedding day for aeons. the women who don't want to be walked hate the idea totally of being given away by a man.

ileobatojo:
Try as you might to dodge the issue, you have utterly disgraced yourself. Just go bury your dull head in shame! Olodo!

don't join the bandwagon of the blind bartimeaus. i intend to marry you by christmas so open that your eye very well and read. nowhere in my comment did i add 16%. if your eyes have started playing tricks on you at your young age, start mixing yeast with your jollof rice.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 4:07am On Jul 28, 2013
^ pressing the ignore button on the olodo.

@shollypopz,
thanks for the links (esp the ones with data on Nigeria). currently reading them.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 4:14am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent: ^ pressing the ignore button on the olodo.

see the cop out from the number one knucklehead....

you have proven to be the lying bastärd - your claim that the brides did not feel like a cheap commodity has been destroyed. even after the evidence was presented to you, you still tried to wriggle out of it by saying the surveyer connoted the conclusion when it was obvious the sentence read "the idea" connoted that brides that are walked by their dads feel cheapened.

next time, pick on those on your intellectual level. the cheap quality of the education you had is nowhere near mine. i read information and process it - i was not trained to be spoonfed. i would be on the look-out for you from now on. roaches like you don't die quick, i am sure you would soon be caught on another thread talking about child marriage when the topic says citizen renunciation.

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by MrsChima(f): 4:14am On Jul 28, 2013
99cent: hahaha dummy. no where in d article does it state that all the 10% who didn't wear white also didn't let their dad walk the aisle with them. that's just something u made up out of your yansh.

Oh my goodness! Don't tell me that little girl is the flower girl! She rocks though. grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by 99cent: 4:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Oh my goodness! Don't tell me that little girl is the flower girl! She rocks though. grin

haha I didn't even notice that. I thought it was just a boy. flower boy? flower girl?
either way, it sure is cute. grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:
nowhere in my comment did i add 16%. if your eyes have started playing tricks on you at your young age, start mixing yeast with your jollof rice.

Abeg stop the boju boju jo! A simple typing error that I have long corrected? Pray tell us again about how 76 +10+14 = 100 from the article. shocked shocked shocked Ah ah!! This is abysmal now! Coogar!! Anyway, lawd knows I will be bookmarking this page too for future reference! Olodo!!

i intend to marry you by christmas so open that your eye very well and read.

Oh, so you are fine with a woman marrying 2 husbands? Well according to your definition, I believe that makes you one of us now. So shut up, take this skirt, put it on; take this bra and burn it. Congrats, you are now a feminist.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 4:24am On Jul 28, 2013
ileobatojo:
Abeg stop the boju boju jo! A simple typing error that I have long corrected? Pray tell us again about how 76 +10+14 = 100 from the article. shocked shocked shocked Ah ah!! This is abysmal now! Coogar!! Anyway, lawd knows I will be bookmarking this page too for future reference! Olodo!!

use your 6th sense......
76% are still with the old tradition. 24% want different modifications that suit their agenda. it's all written there.

Oh, so you are fine with a woman marrying 2 husbands? Well according to your definition, I believe that makes you one of us now. So shut up, take this skirt, put it on; take this bra and burn it. Congrats, you are now a feminist.

you mean you are already married? i didn't know that - oops, so you have been hiding your wedding band to showcase feminism? bwahahahaha - stay away from me!!!! who wants a feminist as a housemate? i would rather keep vipers and black mambas under my roof.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 28, 2013
coogar:

use your 6th sense......
76% are still with the old tradition. 24% want different modifications that suit their agenda. it's all written there.

Abegi! Shame on you!

i would rather keep vipers and black mambas under my roof.

Before nko? After all, you would be among your own kind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

My Mother Threatens To Commit Suicide If I Don't Leave The House / My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids / I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.