Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38804 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by sleekdot(m): 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:

I am not 100% feminist. I agree with some of their things, some I don't. But I support women's rights 100%. you can support women's rights and not be a feminist.

So there are 50% 10% 73% 100% Feminists nowadays?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
I hate guys who treat women like sex objects.
I hate the way women earn less than men for doing the same job.
Who says that women have to spend all their time in the kitchen and doing housework?

Right, that's the end of the first lesson on "How to get sèx from feminists".

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by BashToks: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
NATURE SPELLS IT OUT..
THE MALE SPECIES IS THE DOMINANT SPECIE
SAME WAY HETEROSEXUALITY IS THE NATURAL WAY!

I am not against women breaking grounds and doin stuf, just don't let it get weird. All d above listed points IMO are weird.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you saying women don't abuse men emotionally in marriage?

I am absolutely not saying that. There are women who abuse their husband emotionally, physically, sexually, verbally, financially etc. But I don't know who does it more if you are comparing both genders. Women are more likely to discuss abuse openly whereas men tend to suffer in silence. So how can there be a study when men are not discussing it freely. Hence why your statement is a blanket statement, b/c there is no study out there to back it up
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:
I am not 100% feminist. I agree with some of their things, some I don't. But I support women's rights 100%. you can support women's rights and not be a feminist.

this is so hilarious - you are not 100% feminist, what a cop-out!!! do you mind telling me the percentage level of your feminism? 50% 70% 85%??

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Jiteshell(f): 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: Show me a woman who hates men whistling at women from building sites

and you show me a woman it doesn't happen to.
it happens to me a lot but i hate it. Men just conclude that females like certain things cos they(men) enjoy doing them. And seriously bro, your ignorance is so bad, u have ignored knowledge and you are not willing to know, too bad. *sighs*
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: Feminism: because not all women can be beautiful.

i wonder why sexy women like giselle n kim k, megan fox dont espouse this feminism thing

oh and afam..their stock in trade is to insult others at the slightest opportunity

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by BashToks: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: I hate blokes who treat women like sex objects.
I hate the way women earn less than men for doing the same job.
Who says that women have to spend all their time in the kitchen and doing housework?

Right, that's the end of the first lesson on "How to get shags from feminists".

Lol.. Asswipe
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Afam4eva(m): 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:

I am absolutely not saying that. There are women who abuse their husband emotionally, physically, sexually, verbally, financially etc. But I don't know who does it more if you are comparing both genders. Women are more likely to discuss abuse openly whereas men tend to suffer in silence. So how can there be a study when men are not discussing it freely. Hence why your statement is a blanket statement, b/c there is no study out there to back it up
At least you agree that it exists. That's what my post aimed at espousing. And i never said anything about stats.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you saying women don't abuse men emotionally in marriage?

In your previous post, you were referring to physical ra pe, dont try to twist it now.

When has emotional/mental "ra-pe" been recorded?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by sleekdot(m): 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
biolabee:

i wonder why sexy women like giselle n kim k, megan fox dont espouse this feminism thing

oh and afam..their stock in trade is to insult others at the slightest opportunity

Even the Feminist idol Beyonce got married and she is dropping her name and adopting MRS CARTER The symbol of male dominance
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Afam4eva(m): 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

In your previous post, you were referring to physical ra pe, dont try to twist it now.

When has emotional/mental "ra-pe" been recorded?
Can you prove that i was referring to physical r.ape. Pls point me to where i mentioned "physical" as it relates to rape. You can't read my mind, can you?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

this is so hilarious - you are not 100% feminist, what a cop-out!!! do you mind telling me the percentage level of your feminism? 50% 70% 85%??

lol, Is it compulsory that we must 100% of everything?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

My point is that marriage is not just an agreement between two people, the state/society is also affected....apart from religious and personal sentiments, why do you think states hesitate to grant homosexuals equal marriage?

The ''marriage'' being discussed on this thread as far as I'm concerned is that which is an agreement between just two people, male and female that is.

I grew up knowing marriage to be a life long union between two different sexes, its my opinion...
Your attempt to redefine what marriage is only denies the fact of what marriage really is, if you want to discuss gay marriage you should create another thread and invite me over.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
souldust: na children you dey talk! Wait make chicken con tell u say him get right to life no matter the season

the peta ple will soon call eating chicken inhuman

we will be forced to eat grass soon

or tofu
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by sleekdot(m): 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:

Its either you are a feminist or you are not.

Like Child/Gay marriage etc and other social behavior its like you are in support or against. Not I support Child marriages 45% 60% or 83.5%
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:

Don't identify with something you don't support fully

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
At least you agree that it exists. That's what my post aimed at espousing. And i never said anything about stats.

yes you did, your exact statement "Women r.ape men just as much as men r.ape and molest them but no one cares."
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
How many militant feminists does it take to change a car tyre?
One - to sûck my dîck while I fuçking do it right.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Afam4eva(m): 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:

yes you did, your exact statement "Women r.ape men just as much as men r.ape and molest them but no one cares."
And where did i mention stats? I can't find any word related to stats in that post.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
I.Joan:

Don't identify with something you don't have 100% support for...

I never said I identify with anything.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:

no vex, ma'am!
excuse me, if i may........ are you 100% female?

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
I always try to pull feminists. That way I know
they'll pay for half of the meal when we go to
dinner.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Can you prove that i was referring to physical r.ape. Pls point me to where i mentioned "physical" as it relates to rape. You can't read my mind, can you?

Ok,so that's what you're saying now?

Now the next step for your claim is to prove this emotional rape contrasts between M-F and F-M ra.pe.

Or are you trying to tell me that your statement was nothing thing but a mere conjecture?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Pukkah:

I don't think females should agitate for gender equality because nature has created the two genders unequally. If the two genders were equal, why then does a gender ovulate,menstruate, carry the fetus, deliver the baby, breastfeed, and later goes into menopause? Can any agitation for equality change these basic biological processes? What of the urinating process?
So according to you, the testosterone level and biological difference are what makes women inferior to men?? Awesome!! I never knew having the power to give birth which in turn benefits the society at large, makes me inferior. Kudos!

Also, the very thought that they should be equal to men is somehow already a feeling of inferiority complex. Why make the male specie as the benchmark?

Rather than push for equality necause it is biologically unattainable, females should push for equity in dealing with them.
You seem not to have an understanding of equality, especially in the context we are using it on this thread. Equality here is not to be like men but to have the same rights as men. I would love to assume that you know history enough to know that culture, the way past society worked enabled men in charge of decision making ....... Before 1919, women weren't even allowed to vote talk less of influencing the law that governs them. We are not trying to be like men, but trying to change the discriminating, abusive and debasing culture that regarded us as a race that shouldn't be able to exercise the same rights as men. Equality in this case is equal rights!

Currently, the same female gender that screams equality look away when the situation favours them. For example, does the female gender complain when people say women and children should be spared in wartime or when women are evacuated first in case of a disturbance?
Stop this rubbish talk, even as a kid you watched Mulan!
Women have always looked away when they were being discriminated agaianst. Even as far as we've come in today's society, some women still believe in gender superiority, so don't act like it's only when the culture favors the women race that some women look away.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
sleekdot:

Its either you are a feminist or you are not.

Like Child/Gay marriage etc and other social behavior its like you are in support or against. Not I support Child marriages 45% 60% or 83.5%

I am arguing for women's right here. People seem to confuse both and see them as the same. BTW I support gay marriage 100%
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
Feminists often ask: "How do you know God isn't a woman"?
Here's how... If a woman's work is never done
there wouldn't be a day of rest would there?
So shut up and do the ironing.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar:

no vex, ma'am!
excuse me, if i may........ are you 100% female?

lol the last time checked
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
What's the difference between a feminist and a
lesbian...
Feminists make shit pörn
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by OmoAlata1(f): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
And where did i mention stats? I can't find any word related to stats in that post.

Go back to that long post you wrote, you will find this quote "Women r.ape men just as much as men r.ape and molest them but no one cares."
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omo_Alata:
I am arguing for women's right here. People seem to confuse both and see them as the same. BTW I support gay marriage 100%

why won't you? it's all written on your forehead that mission on this planet is to devalue the institution of marriage....

Omo_Alata:
lol the last time checked

you might want to check again....
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by igboboy1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
keeked: ~No veils,

[b] The tradition of wearing a veil is being similarly rejected, as some women believe it plays into the idea that a woman is 'revealed' to her husband as the virgin bride
(though actually the use of a veil is steeped in history and has very different significance across multiple cultures).

Makes sense that women are no longer wearing the veil.
The significance of a veil is to show one is still pure and a virgin. So it makes sense women no longer cover their head cos we know that 95% of women marrying these days have been disvirgined by one other than her husband.. ashawo people.

Abeg make i sing flavour
Ala dala da dago
ife bala ba bago
Umu nwanyi ha na miari,
ha eburu bago
ha e buru badaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Girlfriend Of Anambra Politician Gives Birth After Considering Abortion. Photos / I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out / My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.