Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (38806 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm An African American Woman That Grew Up In The FEMINIST Way Of Life- Help! / The Truth About The Feminist Revolution 1-8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm proud to be a feminist. Anyone who doesn't like it should please hug a live transformer. I can feel jitter, fear and anxiety in their words. What are they afraid of?

No one is afraid of anyone
The tragedy is that most of your ilk don't even know what you believe in
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: I once got up on a crowded bus and offered the woman who was stood near me my seat, she said was a feminist, didn't want my seat and just wanted to be treated equally with men...
...so I headbutted the bîtch for farting in my face earlier!

Now this is genuinely funny
Feminists actually want doors to be opened for them
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Jiteshell(f): 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: I once got up on a crowded bus and offered the woman who was stood near me my seat, she said was a feminist, didn't want my seat and just wanted to be treated equally with men...
...so I headbutted the bîtch for farting in my face earlier!
when wud u change, you write like someone ignored by women a lot. Take heart o. #mr ignorant fellow# *smh*
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Arsenate(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
slimyem: How far are feminists really going to go to prove their points?
How long is it going to take them to realize they can't win this feminism war?
Don't y'all get tired of trying to define and defend feminism? Till tomorrow comes, what feminists seek to establish can never be fully realized in Nigeria, Africa and the world over. The place of a woman will always be different somehow. Sad reality!!
I am female but in my next life, I'm coming back with a d1ck!! -a big fat one too. cool
ooppss. This is gonna hurt Shollypoops and et al..
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm proud to be a feminist. Anyone who doesn't like it should please hug a live transformer. I can feel jitter, fear and anxiety in their words. What are they afraid of?

feminism is an evil force set upon destroying tradition and family!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by collynzo2(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
biolabee:

Real feminists will rebuke you for that. Maybe you're talking about the ones on Nairaland who just follow the bandwagon without fully understanding what it's all about.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by luvmijeje(f): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
Haha! E beeru Olorun! If you guyz believe in God, pls go to him and ask for forgiveness, after that pls ask everywoman for forgiveness.
Where we are to today in our movement for women empowerment is due majorly to help given to us by the good and strong men. We don't hate men, pls stop propagating lies.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
Arsenate: ooppss. This is gonna hurt Shollypoops and et al..
Hurt who?? Nigga get real!

If there is one thing I learnt from a Nairalander, it was that "women play a huge role in gender inequality". Whatever we accuse the male folks of, we should be rest assured we allowed it. Whether I like it or not, there are going to be women who speak ill of gender equality and I do not blame them because they suffer what I call, slave mentality. It's hard for some ppl to see beyond what they know. Abeg, help me ask those African American slaves who still went back to be slaves to their masters because they couldn't grasp the concept of freedom.

There were women that were talking sh1t when the "Susans" and the "Elizabeths" were fighting for their rights to vote. Wasn't that made possible in 1919??
There were women that were talking sh1t when some women decided that they were going to involve themselves in science fields instead on focusing on occupation like sewing and knitting. Aren't women allowed the right to education and aren't women making headways in science fields today??
There would always be women talking sh1t. As I said earlier, it's only a matter of time.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: Real feminists will rebuke you for that. Maybe you're talking about the ones on Nairaland who just follow the bandwagon without fully understanding what it's all about.

Mgbeke feminists sitting behind tablet screens in cushy surroundings talking about what they dont know

Wage gap? Abotion? Taking up male surnames...

Funny people

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by ocelot2006(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
ireneidiva: Rubbish male arguements. Women are now capable of doing most things u guys do. Live and let live.

LOL!! Yeah right...

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:

[size=13pt]Does this make it any clearer??[/size]

iamsaved: @op, this Is my typical daily routine. .
I am a "married" women who is currently pregnant and have a toddler.
I work 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday in a private organisation while hubby works with government.

5am: wakes up, says morning prayer, brushes my teeth and head straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and lunch for my toddler baby.
6:30am, wakes baby up. brushes his teeth, feed him cereal, put him on the potty, stays with him to pet him to poopoo inside the potty (doesn't like using it). After cleaning him up, I bath him and get him set for his daycare.

7:20: I eat breakfast, tidy up the house, clean up an get ready for work.

I take baby to day care and proceed to work.

By the time I get to work, I am already 1hr late. This happens every blessed day.

By 5pm, pick baby from daycare and take him to my work place till I close by 6pm, then we go home.

Most times I go to the market from work to buy few stuffs.

As soon as I get home, I prepare and give baby food. Then sweat it out in the kitchen preparing dinner. depending on what I am cooking, I finish cooking most times between 8.30 - 9pm. serve hubby his food, eat mine, wash up all the plates. while cooking, every 3minutes interval, I take baby to the toilet or potty to weewee (he is still learning how to weeeee without pampers).

10pm: I bathe and go to bed. The struggle continues in the morning. same routine.

THIS IS MY HUSBANDS ROUTINE.
7:30am: he wakes up, go straight to clean up himself. Brush his teeth, baths and get set for work.

Eats breakfast and leaves for work.

7pm: he is at home, pings and chat and watch movies till dinner is ready. After eating, he bathes, continue watching movie, chatting and pings till 11pm.

Now I have begged, begged and begged he should assist me in the m
morning to bath our baby and dress him up for school but he refused. Said its a woman's duty to do everything in the home including solely caring for the children.

Infact last two weeks, I discusses this same issue with
him, explained to him how my boss has been complaining of my lateness. He shoul at least be considerate but he said i should go and ask other married women how to cope.

I dont have to go in too deep to expiain how thi his particular behaviour has affected me. I see myself now as a single mother! and oh I contribute financially to the home.

on sunday is busiest, church h, market, wash clothes, prepare soups and stew. no rest.

Cant afford to get a maid now. No much money!
Op if this is your idea of marriage, you need to think again. brb

haha I am glad you brought this up Shollypopz:

The man clearly has no respect for his wife. It is a classic example of an inconsiderate man with a very bad attitude and not of the consequence of the ills of gender roles.In fact I don't think he believes in it, because if he did then his wife wouldn't be working for pay as that would have been his sole responsibility-(providing for his family). He is just lazy and is using very cheap excuses to justify his stance. Do you honestly think he would treat her any differently if there were no expectations on who was to do what in that house? I don't think so. Blaming the man's behavior on gender roles is rather simplistic.

I think all people (women and men) should be able to do some things by themselves- cooking,cleaning, and other basic things they need in other to get by daily. I however, still feel that there's nothing wrong with women and men playing different roles in the society provided there's equity in the treatments they receive. They should be able to share the responsibilities of the home such that no one is left with more than they can handle. It's really not that deep in my opinion.

If my wife wants to work for example, I see no problem with that. We would simply split the responsibilities between us. I would play my role as a man and she would perform hers as a woman. I can take some domestic chores, but there's just no way for example where I would play a sit-at-home dad while my wife is out there working.

3 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Are you married
Can I give you my sister

If the so called educated ones cannot see this is a case of man driving his better half to the ground and not stereotypical BS

I wonder what hope there is

My old man cooked for us and people here have brough examples of their hubbies cooking when they were pregnant or away on courses

Yet these people persist in these beliefs that men are oppressors

One of them spoke about poor girl child education compared to girls in naija 2 weeks yet neglects the fact that only 3 pc of girls in the north go to school in the north

Yet she is a muslim oo

ekwah:

The man clearly has no respect for his wife. It is a classic example of an inconsiderate man with a very bad attitude and not a consequence of the ills of gender roles.In fact I don't think he believes in it, because if he did then his wife wouldn't be working for pay as that would have been his sole responsibility-(providing for his family). He is just lazy and is using very cheap excuses to justify his stance. Do you honestly think he would treat her any differently if there were no expectations on who was to do what in that house? I don't think so. Blaming the man's behavior on gender roles is rather simplistic.

I think all people (women and men) should be able to do some things by themselves- cooking,cleaning, and other basic things they need in other to get by daily. I however, still feel that there's nothing wrong with women and men playing different roles in the society provided there's equity in the treatments they receive. They should be able to share the responsibilities of the home such that no one is left with more than they can handle. It's really not that deep in my opinion.

If my wife wants to work for example, I see no problem with that. We would simply split the responsibilities between us. I would play my role as a man and she would perform hers as a woman. I can take some domestic chores, but there's just no way for example where I would play a sit-at-home dad while my wife is out there working.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Oildichotomy(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
hornipipe: Supporting gay marriage simply means you're trying to redefine what marriage really is.

P.S... I don't hate gays, I actually have friends who are gay.
And what's wrong in hating a gay?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by igboboy1(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
biolabee:

are men not doing that on a consistent basis? that door wey we dey open every time abuna dey salute nko? e never do them? shocked greedy people.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
ekwah:

The man clearly has no respect for his wife. It is a classic example of an inconsiderate man with a very bad attitude and not a consequence of the ills of gender roles.In fact I don't think he believes in it, because if he did then his wife wouldn't be working for pay as that would have been his sole responsibility-(providing for his family). He is just lazy and is using very cheap excuses to justify his stance. Do you honestly think he would treat her any differently if there were no expectations on who was to do what in that house? I don't think so. Blaming the man's behavior on gender roles is rather simplistic.

Fair enough! I don't agree but at least you are making use of your brain.

The man used gender role as an excuse Ekwah. That story was to create a clearer example of how gender roles can create an unfair balance. It's funny that you talk like this when this is the norm in most Nigerian homes.

You just said if your wife is working, you would split house chores. LMAO!! Pls tell me how many married Nigerian men that liked your post remember the last time they vacuumed.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Konjour(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Got a lengthy one here. What I've learnt so far on subjects like these is that some dogs are best left sleeping, because I (note the I) think the whole Gender Equality conundrum as we know it is just akin to a complex smokescreen. The genders were designed to complement one another, not neccesarily compete with one another for status symbols, although unfortunately we do find out that in a lot of places and situations, women get underestimated just cuz of their gender which I'm not in favor of. If Gender equality is solely aimed towards achieving a level playing field between the genders in terms of politics, sports, health, finance, career, and most importantly, ability, and perhaps some other fields then that would be a fruitful cause and its already yielding positive fruits everywhere, but when you start bringing the contexts of family, inter-personal relations, religious innuendos and such other emotive causes into the equation, you'll be fighting in a battle with a static front, simply cuz as I said nature has wired up the genders in complementing ways, not competitive ways. The complementing ways which make the female less inclined to ask a male out on a date, the odds which almost make the sight of a woman kneeling down to propose to a man of her dreams a near-impossibility, the odds which make it near-impossible for a man to take the name of his wife post-marriage, the complementing ways which demand a man and a woman copulating to bear kids, if nature supported a completely masculinized world, I would be able to jerk off into a test tube and in 9 months, reap a baby, or a few eggs if it was the other way round. Feminist movements will be successful (with hard work though) if set toward a realistic path of purpose, but some over-enthusiastic members of the brigade do tend to make themselves look stupid sometimes too. All in all, what matters most is not your gender, but achieving the best you can with the means you've got. If you do that, everyone will pay you your dues, including Male Chauvinists and Feminists.

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Abi oo
All outmoded concepts of chivalry should be thrown out the window

Women should woo men too

Pay for dinners

Buy necklaces for us to look fly too

Open doors for us too

No Ladies first again

igbo boy:

are men not doing that on a consistent basis? that door wey we dey open every time abuna dey salute nko? e never do them? shocked greedy people.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
And what's wrong in hating a gay?
And what's wrong in liking and keeping gays as friends?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by biolabee(m): 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lol at using brain..

Soon a new research will come up that males use only 3pc of their brains or that they don't even have brains upstairs and that it is down in the genital area

Hahahahaha
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Oildichotomy(m): 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
Fact: The highest percentage of the supposed ''feminists'' are Ugly, frustrated with stretchmarks zebra line eruptions criss -crossing with diagonal vertices around the lower waist region.
Quote me!

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Classicalman(m): 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz: [size=12pt][font=harrington]
[quote]
WOMEN LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WE MEN CONCLUDE THAT YOU WOMEN GET OVERWHELMED WITH EMOTIONS MOST TIMES AND IT GOES ON TO AFFECT YOUR REASONING AND LINE OF THOUGHT. I WORK IN A BANK AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT WOMEN ARE PAID EXACTLY WHAT MEN ARE PAID. SAME APPLIES TO THE ENTIRE PRIVATE SECTOR. COMING TO THE PUBLIC SECTOR, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME ANY GOVERNMENT PARASTATAL WHERE MEN ARE PAID MORE THAN WOMEN ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH THEM? EVEN IN THE ARMY, WOMEN ARE PAID SAME AS MEN ON THE SAME RANK, AND EVEN MORE BECAUSE THEY GET PAID EXTRA FOR MATERNITY LEAVE AND OTHER ISH. So what the heck are you ranting about? Sharap and sit down joo.

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
collynzo2: I went to an interview and ended up being
interviewed by a radical feminist.
"Hello Madam, it's a pleasure to be here." I began.
"Please don't call me Madam, women are just as powerful as men in the working world, address me as so." She retorted. "I apologise. Hello Sir, it's a pleasure to be here
grin grin grin
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by nbright: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
coogar: feminist wedding?

it sounds almost like an oxymoron - so feminists do actually marry? that's a big laugh!!! no engagement ring? well, that saves me a fortune....

keeping their maiden name? why marry at all then? isn't marriage supposed to be 2 becoming one? this is the most hilarious article ever. feminists are confused!
kulyie.... Hope you read this post??.
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Fact: The highest percentage of the supposed ''feminists'' are Ugly, frustrated with stretchmarks zebra line eruptions criss -crossing with diagonal vertices around the lower waist region.
Quote me!
Where is the link to where you got your statistics from?? Stop manufacturing bullsh1t in your hardly functioning brain, I'm sure I look more beautiful than the unlucky woman that calls you babe.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Oildichotomy(m): 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
hornipipe: And what's wrong in liking and keeping gays as friends?
Gays of the same feathers gay together!
Back to topic!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
Fair enough! I don't agree but at least you are making use of your brain.

The man used gender role as an excuse Ekwah. That story was to create a clearer example of how gender roles can create an unfair balance. It's funny that you talk like this when this the is the norm in most Nigerian homes.

You just said if your wife is working, you would split house chores. LMAO!! Pls tell me how many married Nigerian men that liked your post remember the last time they vacuumed.

haha they would vacuum if it's necessary. smiley You wouldn't know sholly, but it's not that uncommon.
I grew up around men whose wives had to work- petty trading,teaching,even do what we call 12-12 jobs in naija ( 12 hours per day), before they could make ends meet for their families. They supported their wives in every way they could. Even my dad for example bathed my brother and I every morning while my mama made food.
Good African men understand the need to help their wives and would do so whenever necessary, but I am pretty sure a lot of them wouldn't agree with anyone who would promote pretty radical feminist ideas like the ones OP dug up. I think equality/equity for women can be achieved in a society like Nigeria's without having to promote views that seem to shake or reverse some of our harmless and cherished traditions. wink

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
@sholly those men that made that decision did not do it with their uniqueness, they did it with their heads thats the truth!!! Their uniqueness do not process infomations so STOP INSULTING US!!!!!!!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Oildichotomy(m): 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
Where is the link to where you got your statistics from?? Stop manufacturing bullsh1t in your hardly functioning brain, I'm sure I look more beautiful than the[b] unlucky woman that calls you babe[/b].
The statistics are not far-fetched.~ How many zebra strokes are in your moniker?
Ye! At least a woman calls me 'babe' and i'm happy.
What if a man calls you 'my guy' or 'ogbeni' ?
How would you feel factoring in your fake feminist inclinations?
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Classicalman(m): 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Shollypopz:
There's gender equality when 70% of working women are paid less than their male counterparts??
There's gender equality when Nigerians still see male children as better than female children??
There's gender equality and marital rape is legal in Nigeria and many other countries??
There's gender equality and gender roles still exist in homes??

Where do you live?? La-la land??
WOMEN LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WE MEN CONCLUDE THAT YOU WOMEN GET OVERWHELMED WITH EMOTIONS MOST TIMES AND IT GOES ON TO AFFECT YOUR REASONING AND LINE OF THOUGHT. I WORK IN A BANK AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT WOMEN ARE PAID EXACTLY WHAT MEN ARE PAID. SAME APPLIES TO THE ENTIRE PRIVATE SECTOR. COMING TO THE PUBLIC SECTOR, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME ANY GOVERNMENT PARASTATAL WHERE MEN ARE PAID MORE THAN WOMEN ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH THEM? EVEN IN THE ARMY, WOMEN ARE PAID SAME AS MEN ON THE SAME RANK, AND EVEN MORE BECAUSE THEY GET PAID EXTRA FOR MATERNITY LEAVE AND OTHER ISH. So what the heck are you ranting about? Sharap and sit down joo.

4 Likes

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Gays of the same feathers gay together!
Back to topic!
young man you're such an idiiiot, just fuuccck off my internet already, what a muppet!
Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
lol Ekwah, So you're basically saying we should change them little by little. I agree, our strategy would be sneaking up on them with our views little by little until they all become femininsts without them realizing it tongue

I never knew vacuuming the house wasn't necessary, pls do not invite me to your room. I can only imagine the mess! grin

1 Like

Re: Rise Of The Feminist Wedding by coogar: 11:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Quote me!

majority of them have troubled childhood - they were abused or saw their mothers abused. if a woman grew up in a family that radiates love, where her father gave her attention and an undying love, feminism would be the last thing on her mind.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Girlfriend Of Anambra Politician Gives Birth After Considering Abortion. Photos / I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out / My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.