Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,699 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists (28227 Views)

PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Accept Islam & Resign - Boko-Haram To GEJ / Christians Should Accept Islam Or No Peace - Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by abujal(m): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2013
Donmams:

Living in paradise for eternity in the Hereafter. Surely something must be wrong with a religion where some of its clerics are open homosexuals don't you think?

yes of cause, sumtin is very wrong with a religion that wed homo sexuals in their worship houses, and their prists half around the world practice homosexuality. You judge other religion and its followers as if urs is flawless. Has any of u critics of islam on the platform ever taken ur time to read the quran and what its teaches, with judgin frm hear say? You dont judge a faith based on the characters of a few evil and blood thirsty membrs. I wil not judge christans, based on churches that accept homosexulity, or pastors that visits habalist for spritual powers, or those who have be caught doin one terrible thing or the other. I am a moslem, i have go christans frnds who i respect so much, and they same to me. One thing i belive so much, you do not have to be a strong beliver of any faith to be a good person. I also belive that a vry good and kind person without a religion might probly see the promised kindom of God.

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tintingz(m): 9:43am On Jul 28, 2013
pammusphy: I thank God i left islam because i found the truth in Jesus..."Christian Jesus." Just imagine, she thinks it's the same God. What a fib!
I pity her!
The cult i will never dream or imagine going back to even with great promises of all in the world: no matter what. Something i was willing to die rather than join when i found Jesus..
That lady, i dont think, has ever met Jesus.
Whats in ablution...? Just skin washing and thinking you've been purified, while "within is rotten and vile." But you cannot wash the heart; CAN YOU?? only the blood of Jesus can!
If this lady or any muslim is reading this post... I beg you, come to Jesus. In reality,eternity will not end with how you imagine it to be... JESUS IS THE WAY!! JOHN14:6, And without Him your life is miserable and bare, no matter what you got
And Jesus said you should be purified with water and spirit...do you really follow the teachings of Jesus??

You converted to christianity that's your choice...but if Jesus(as) is the only way who was the way during the time of Moses(as)?
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Ustec: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2013
LastApostle: She embrace Islam, drops out of school, reject parent.

FANTASTIC!!!

Moving Backward from forward!
. Bros she dropd-out b4 converting...her parent threat made her to reject them...abeg go sleep...!
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 28, 2013
I am a christian, but If you all (Xtians n muslims) claim we are serving the same God, then what d hell are we debating for? I guess there is something hidden that we need to know.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tintingz(m): 9:49am On Jul 28, 2013
LeoChinedu: It is sad to see the kind of intolerance and bigotry of the so-called Christians on this forum.
Charity 'Aisha' Uzoechina story rather inspires courage. and just like me, I guess she is not afraid to stand alone.

I am proudly Igbo and proudly Muslim, my journey into Islam in 2009 is via a natural quest for truth and emancipation in Enugu (so your 'suya' theory is at best laughable.)
First reaction of my family is akin to what this lady is experiencing; they were shocked/bitter of my reversion to Islam, but surprised when I still stick with family and recently became warm/receptive to me (on enquiry, I have to explain to them, the emphasis of the faith on strengthening the ties of kinship). Lately they have being confessing that there's something pleasantly different about me.

"And serve Allah and do not associate any thing with Him and be good to the parents and to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the neighbor of (your) kin and the alien neighbor, and the companion in a journey and the wayfarer and those whom your right hands possess; surely Allah does not love him who is proud, boastful;" (Q 4:36)

Our Journey is our own, It doesn't matter if we are born in a household that practices Paganism or Christianity or if we come to it through other channels, I believe everyone in their life have to seek that connection with the SOURCE.
Personally, embracing Islam is a personal choice(It's all about my salvation, not yours) and that does not neccesarily invalidate your faith.
So, for those condescending "christianist" that are humping around all over the e-space; I guess you can comprehend her clarification when she claim that she was not forced to convert to Islam.
I Implore you for the God's sake to respect her wish and stop this narrow-mindedness and senseless crusade. Please take the higher road of tolerance.

Proudly Igbo! Proudly muslim!!
I am not afraid to stand alone... and I still love y'all. Salaam!
(Go on a quest, search for the truth, examine every claim and the truth shall set you free)

Leornado Chinedu is a B.Eng, M.sc in Electrical Engineering and since becoming a Muslim I have gone ahead to obtain an MBA and become a chartered Engineer (with PhD in view)
On a lighter note: Does it mean that as a Igbo muslim revert, I'm entitled to stupendous riches... abeg where's the nearest redemption center in Abuja and BTW, can I still get some free jazzed suya while I am at it, LOL.
wow!!! Am really happy for you brother... May Allah(swt) continue guiding you and your family, amin smiley

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tintingz(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2013
emeraldlife: I seriously don't know how and where to start but what I know for sure is that everyone is entitled to any religion.
Notwithstanding though, I.have been living in then north for two years now with many devoted Muslim friends. I can authoritatively say that the manner of pressure and enticement into converting to Islam is absurd. Many entice me with friends, their daughter and even a home. Its also a known fact that once u are converted u would be given a concortion (a mixture) to drink after your bathe. Once u are converted they would make sure u never return home or they might attempt to kill u. So am not surprised the girl has lost her senses.

Only God knows what they promised her, what she drank or what she is afraid of. I wish her well. May the light of God show her the true religion. If its Islam, so be it!
what a junk of LIES! What kinda drink is that undecided

Your bishop Oyedapo rejected his own sister cuz she's a muslim...he doesn't wanna give her admission in his fraud university he built to buy private jets... Now tell me who's enticing??

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Paretomaster(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2013
babyosisi: converting to Islam shouldn't make news IMHO but I can understand the frustration of her parents,I will also be concerned if she were my daughter or sister
For any Christian in Nigeria that converts to Islam there are probably 200 to 300 Muslims in the same Nigeria that convert to Christianity.
What is troubling is why she should drop out of school
is Islam aversed to education?
What is she doing daily?
A young girl like her should be in school even if she decides to worship amadioha in place of the faith of her fathers

Haven said that,switch it around,if this was the daughter of an Imam held hostage in Owerri by the traditional ruler for converting to Christianity and dropping out of school, muslims would have been slaughtering Christians up north by now.
I hope the Muslim killers will learn from that example.
Hopefully her eyes go clear soon and she will at least go back to school or else we would end up with another ignorant,half educated,unemployable Muslim woman that will populate Nigeria with more Almajiri kids.
I kw u wil bring ur pathetic sorry a** here, was she held against her wish, or r u blind 2 read d portion where she state dat d Emir refuse 2 accomdate her in d first place? Or ur bigoted dirty lens didnt allow u read d part where her father was called by d Emir, bt d Daughter refuse 2 follow him, say wateva u like ppl wil nt seize 2 troop in2 Islam en-mass. Na Igbo u b so am nt surprise. Oloshi!

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tintingz(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2013
oluamid:

^^
For the love of God stop lying!! Which "concoction" do they give converts? Since you haven't been converted how would you know they give converts anything to drink? Do you have to resort to lies in order to discredit another man's faith?

I lived 5yrs of my life in the north and no one forced me or anyone I knew to convert or drink anything. STOP LYING!

As for those of you who are saying the girl was "jazzed" or given suya laced with juju or whatever, I can only laugh at your pettiness. Did you read the part in the bible that says you "can't believe (serve) in God and also believe in (serve) Mammon"? How come Christians like you guys believe in the efficacy of Juju? Is Christ's blood no longer powerful? Can you remember this from Revelations: "at the mention of his (Jesus) name, every knee shall bow"? How come Juju, Jazz is not bowing if really Juju was used to covert the girl?

Section 35 of the Nigerian constitution protects her right to association and worship, so the father should stop threatening his daughter. You can only preach to people, you can't forcefully make them to follow your religion or change their own religion just because you are their parent (for Christ's sake, the lady is an adult). If you do that, the purpose of (re-)converting them is already defeated.

Bigotry and religious intolerance is the only thing I have learnt from most of those claiming to be christians on this thread. Let us practice what we preach which is Love. "Love your neighbour as yourself" even if he's not a christian! Remember, God is love.
Lolzz nice comment... NL christians claim she was jazz with "juju" I guess their "holyghost" is not informant with the girl cheesy

Funny christains cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Theblessed(f): 10:35am On Jul 28, 2013
Donmams: Allah has shown her the light of Islam and no one can take it away. It is my fervent prayer this Ramadan that more Igbos convert to Islam.

[size=16pt]In your dream buddy - they will convert in drones, ok!

Keep on dreaming!
[/size]
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by papaejima1: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2013
emmakind: Allah is an arabic name referring to the Supreme Being jst as we have Chineke (Igbo), Olorun (Yoruba), Jehovah (Jew).it is no name 2 b toyed wit.let us b mindful of our utterrances
And which one in this your list rewards the followers for killing those who call on the name of the other?
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by adewad13(m): 11:36am On Jul 28, 2013
kettykin:
And become suicide bombers and religious rioters, what else will they benefit from changing their faith
common watch ur words here,islam is a religion of peace.why dont u get a copy of the holy quran and read through.insha Allah it may be ur turn to share ur testimony with us.THINK WISE.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 28, 2013
Msgamble: This is what half-baked knowledge done to u..THE BIBLE verse u qoute wrongly is nt talking abt ur prophet which ur blind sheik lead to believed buh it talking abt the Comforter 'THE HOLY SPIRIT' Whom CHRIST promised his Disciple on the day of PENTECOSTE that it will be recieved n will guide n lead them thru evangelisation n tribulation..islam growing in europe av told sickler is due to crises(refugees), poverty(economical migrant),high procreation within middle east(most of them are now preist n preacher in athens n cannada(aljazeera.com-feature)..get a lyf with CHRIST cos HE only can offer true salvation
who is the holy spirit?

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by 1oracle(m): 11:56am On Jul 28, 2013
9ja voice: time shall tell.

why not to the police for safety why emir house and sharia court?

lauf wan kill me. lets turn the table around:
lets say the girl in question is fulani convert to christian and taking refuge in the house of asagba of asaba? what do u tink will happen by now?
FATWA would have been declared on the asagba of asaba, then alqaeda, boko haram, hezbollah and al-shabab will be invited to execute the FATWA.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by pammusphy(m): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
I became a christian because i found the truth. I sought it, and God showed it to me. Im talking of realististic truth not an ideology. I was even ready to escape into mountains and jungles to escape death and to practise christianity. I was ready to lose friends, relations and whatever the world coud offer for the truth. Ofcourse i met with islamic scholars who tried to convince me that the bible isnt correct. But the more i realised christianity is the Only way...
Whats in wealth and property?? That girl is seling her soul for peanuts, innocently ignorant. She doesnt know about that religion i came from..
Oh you expected her friends to grin and tell her their religion is false?? You cant get the light in darkness.
Thank God im alive here.. God wouldnt let me die, becaue i still have some things to do
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tintingz(m): 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
pammusphy: I became a christian because i found the truth. I sought it, and God showed it to me. Im talking of realististic truth not an ideology. I was even ready to escape into mountains and jungles to escape death and to practise christianity. I was ready to lose friends, relations and whatever the world coud offer for the truth. Ofcourse i met with islamic scholars who tried to convince me that the bible isnt correct. But the more i realised christianity is the Only way...
Whats in wealth and property?? That girl is seling her soul for peanuts, innocently ignorant. She doesnt know about that religion i came from..
Oh you expected her friends to grin and tell her their religion is false?? You cant get the light in darkness.
Thank God im alive here.. God wouldnt let me die, becaue i still have some things to do
Lolzz... So to you now you know about Islam your ex faith??

Its her choice to converts so also yours... Maybe she saw LIGHT in Islam through her friends and researchs...but for a pastor father threatening her is uncalled for

BTW my mother was an ex anglican christian before she converted to Islam, how about that smiley

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Bumken(f): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
Is all politics but minding your own business by making great extra income online will be well adviced

www.OnlineBusinessGuidance.com

princesammmy: when the charm the use On you finish your eyes go clear. its probably u were used to collecting free suya cause that's the major ways the used in the north to charm christian girls into islam.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Msgamble: 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
Imagine a crap asking me 'who HOLY SPIRIT is' i thought ur blind sheik should av explain that to u before giving u misguided BIBLE verse to qoute..shms..my bro, we(christian) should nt fumed abt this girl buh be sorry n prayed 4 her nt to lose her soul..we all know that b4 independent christianity has no root in plateau,borno and southern kadunna,nassarawa,benue etc buh now crusade is growing stronger there,they now av xtian gov.,sen. n growing covertees ..we should take solacee in these respects n pray 4 the girl for GOD to open her eyes..shaloms
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Mercyraheem: 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
Donmams: Allah has shown her the light of Islam and no one can take it away. It is my fervent prayer this Ramadan that more Igbos convert to Islam.
Ameen

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by 1oracle(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
adewad13: common watch ur words here,islam is a religion of peace.why dont u get a copy of the holy quran and read through.insha Allah it may be ur turn to share ur testimony with us.THINK WISE.
When he gets the quran, he will read to
"So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the infidels wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them." quran 9:5......

"Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace..."quran 9:14........

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." quran9:29
i hope you will find this before maclatunji bans me from saying the truth and quoting our holy book quran. grin grin grin
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by PhumiTJ(f): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
D girl has obviously been brainwashed by hausa jazz u northerners take islam so serious forgetting dat islam was forced on u by a "fulani"(not hausa) man in person of usman dan fodio how can a pastors daughter drop out of school and take on a religion foreign to her and say she did it willingly, dis is brainwashing and her case is so unusual dat today in my church we even prayed for her.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by 1oracle(m): 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
Do you mean the same light shown to usman danfodio that made him slash the throat of my northern brothers many years ago? Or the light shown to mujahideens, jihadist, boko haram, alqaeda, hezbollah, al-shabab etc?

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Ayab1203(f): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
Na true undecided
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by deb(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dem go jihad her when its time. Dem no send am o!
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by khattab02: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
9ja voice: time shall tell.

why not to the police for safety why emir house and sharia court?

lauf wan kill me. lets turn the table around:
lets say the girl in question is fulani convert to christian and taking refuge in the house of asagba of asaba? what do u tink will happen by now?
Only in your mind and thoughts
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Godsfavourite(f): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
hw many muslims av convertd 2 christian & left skul? i just pray dat Jesus appear 2u
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by afoo02(m): 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
homesteady: Let just continue praying for the girl, that the charm they used on her will soon be neutralised!!

Because I can't imagine a Pastor's daughter converting to islam on her own free will!! Its kinda absurd!!
Short up your mouth there! What do u mean by "pastor's daughter converting to islam on her own free will" my wife did the samething and she's from pastor's home and nothing happen. You better accept Islam b4 is too late

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Remii(m): 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
1oracle:
FATWA would have been declared on the asagba of asaba, then alqaeda, boko haram, hezbollah and al-shabab will be invited to execute the FATWA.

you are very wrong, just look around, anytime a Muslim converts all the church congregation always provide support for him/her to ensure he/she has better perception of his/he new faith. I will adverse the family to move on with their lives, changes based on faith and love are not easily reversible by force, the more you do the stronger the conviction of the convert grows, because he/she see it as a challenge. I have seen this happen both ways especially when conversion is voluntary.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by khattab02: 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
1oracle:
When he gets the quran, he will read to
"So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the infidels wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them." quran 9:5......

"Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace..."quran 9:14........

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." quran9:29
i hope you will find this before maclatunji bans me from saying the truth and quoting our holy book quran. grin grin grin
U non muslims always qouting out of CONTEXT. Go to the very first verse. In summary, there was a peace treaty bt the muslims and mushrikun of Makkah(unbelievers) and this peace treaty was broken by the mushriks. Allah says '' put tins straight in fours months or there will be war''so in the battle field Allah says'' dont get scared wherever u find the enemy kill them(mushrikun) and so on which u have there in your quote.Bt did it stop there? The next verse says: if the enemy wants peace,dont just let them go escort them to A Place of security so that they may hear the word of Allah. Plssss explain luke 19:27

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
blaqoracle: mind you asaba is not igbo,she is to beautiful to either be an igbo or a christian.

There are just too many Stoopid people in here
Quite alarming I must say
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
tpia@:
she got admitted in 2012 and converted to Islam in feb 2013.

i do hope this isnt all a ruse to cover up the fact that she perhaps wasnt doing well in school?

That is my hunch
The girl is a blockhead who took JAMB and WAEC forever,managed to get into a Polytechnic somehow,could not cope,sought an alternative way out where she will be seen as a victim and not the daughter that is giving everyone a headache and converting to Islam plus dropping out became a good exit plan
I wonder what came first
Maybe she dropped out then converted to Islam
Most people her age are already 3 years post NYSC
May God not give me a daughter that will cause me pain in Jesus mighty name
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by khattab02: 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
Godsfavourite: hw many muslims av convertd 2 christian & left skul? i just pray dat Jesus appear 2u
Just like I always say:muslims who convert to any other Deen do not know their deen.atleast not to an extent.Allah guides who he will. If any christian can point out a sinlge unambigious statement in the Complete Bible where Jesus(As) says he is God or say worship me ?I am ready to accept christanity.The concept of crucifixion and washing away of sin is so important in christanity today,bt He never said: my main reason of coming is to wash away the sins of mankind,He never made or write such statement ,it was written about him in which book? Books of St paul and others.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by khattab02: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
babyosisi:

That is my hunch
The girl is a blockhead who took JAMB and WAEC forever,managed to get into a Polytechnic somehow,could not cope,sought an alternative way out where she will be seen as a victim and not the daughter that is giving everyone a headache and converting to Islam plus dropping out became a good exit plan
I wonder what came first
Maybe she dropped out then converted to Islam
Most people her age are already 3 years post NYSC
May God not give me a daughter that will cause me pain in Jesus mighty name
As if u didnt read the full story? May God give u a daughter that will lead u to the right path.Ameeeen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gov. Amaechi Slams DSP Alamieyeseigha / Troops Repelled Attempt On Mada, Rescues Women In Firigi - Defence HQ / Tinubu, Mimiko Adopt New Alternative Plans Over Ondo Governorship Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.