Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,738 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists (28229 Views)

PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Accept Islam & Resign - Boko-Haram To GEJ / Christians Should Accept Islam Or No Peace - Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by kasheemawo(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
nwekesimon68: Thunder fire ur generation. Foolish .useless. Idiotic confused muslems
u deserved to be called fool but i will call you goat
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by pammusphy(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
Didnt you hear what she said? She converted not because it is the way to heaven but because she thinks muslims serve the same God with christians. I tell you people, all ways may lead to Rome but only ONE WAY lead to heaven. She based her claims on the fact that her friends are good, nice, sweet and so think their religion must be good, not because it is the truth. I pity her...
Well, i pray God touches her senses before eternity teaches her a bitter lesson. There's still opportunity to repent and be cleansed

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by redsun(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
#Confusion breakee bone,yekpa.Na double wahala for dead body and the owner of dead body.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by ihimami: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
nwekesimon68: Thunder fire ur generation. Foolish .useless. Idiotic confused muslems

I am sure your online hatred for Muslims must surely surprised you yourself when you are offline and sober, seeing all the good Muslims around you whom you will rather have business transaction with rather than your kind. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Mustay(m): 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
ihimami:

I am sure your online hatred for Muslims must surely surprised you yourself when you are offline and sober, seeing all the good Muslims around you whom you will rather have business transaction with rather than your kind. grin

People are funny. Anonymity is often taken as an express permission to throw hate around.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Mustay(m): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
When i tried reading Quran,i cam across this verse Surah 9:5 Which read "Kill the infidels(Infidels meaning All non-muslims)".Immediately i closed it-No go area.I pity her soul.Despite that she is 25 and should account for her actions and inactions so i would advice her parent let her be or better more pray over it.
I rest my case.

Will this make me close the Bible?

"Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

This is what happens when people cherrypick for sample bias. Ironically, if the infidels are to be killed, all non-Muslims ought to be dead by now. smh

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by sage2(m): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
I have never for once trust the judgement of the female child. I love the girl child, but would rather have sons as children. This is a hard choice for me. I am sorry to say this.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tpia5: 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
sage_: I have never for once trust the judgement of the female child. I love the girl child, but would rather have sons as children. This is a hard choice for me. I am sorry to say this.

i was also thinking, didnt want to say it out though, that's why some men say they'd rather not have female children.

true, the stress is much but with prayer e go better.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tpia5: 9:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dudu_Negro: The intolerance of Christianity is on display now for everyone to see.

Not too long ago a story appeared on this forum that one of the sons of Ado Bayero converted from Islam to Christianity. He had no threats on his life and moved about freely and his story was public.

Now the daughter of a Pastor converts from Christianity to Islam and hate and threats and intolerance is abound, even CAN is intolerant of her conversion.

It goes to prove that fanaticism, extremism, fundamentalism and intolerance exist in any religion that teaches dogmas and Christianity is not immune from the various terroristic images that Islam is labeled with. Christianity is just as volatile as Islam if the buttons are pushed to the right level.

The show is on.....

just wondering, what would be your reaction if your daughter or sister said she wanted to marry a fulani, as in this post:

I also heard the case of a corp member that got married to a fulani. She publicly told her parent she was not going with them because she has found her hubby, a cattle rearer.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by omojoye: 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
Where are girls rights activists Will they come out and make a huge noise out of this issue? How many converts to Islam have been KILLED by their parents in the near past? Haba! Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe and America today. So, Nigerian xtians should recognize and stop "making a MOUNTAIN OUT OF AN ANT TAIL".
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Willy4Willy: 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
tpia@:

i was also thinking, didnt want to say it out though, that's why some men say they'd rather not have female children.

true, the stress is much but with prayer e go better.
everything for you na wit prayer,
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
angry
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by rbjimoh: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
The decision to collect together what people remembered of Isa's(Jesus) message was made 40 year after him(Jesus). Memories had faded and in the place of facts individuals' opinions and fabrications were writen. The name Christianity was decided many centuries after Jesus....
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by roselynbas(f): 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams: Allah has shown her the light of Islam and no one can take it away. It is my fervent prayer this Ramadan that more Igbos convert to Islam.

dream on!!!
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by missbowale(f): 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
May Allah forgive you all that are insulting my religion. God gave us the gift of freewill she the young girl has exercised. Alhamdulilah for shinnig the light of Islam in her life.
The way you people (those insulting islam) on dis forum is disheartning.
And we muslim shuld start insulting ur religion we are all of a sudden terrorist n bombers.
am sure u all av friends or acquintances that are muslim that doesnt fit that description..and you say we do no tolerate u.wen keep insulting the belief of a fellow human being.
ppl shuld learn aw to respect other peoples religion.
and wen we start defending ourselves we are suicide bombers and extremist.May Allah have mercy on your souls

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by BCJAY(f): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
My prayer is God will open her eyes beforn its too late. At this endtime that people are working tirelessly to win souls a pastors daughter converting to islam? God forbid, its either she is halfbake in christianity or the father's prayer over her is not enough. God will surely restore you before the rapture sounds.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Bimpss(f): 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
That's the path she chose....It's her life and her choice nobody should make it for her. I personally believe that whatever belief or religion makes you a good person and makes you more spiritual, you should go for it... If christianity does that for you fine, if Islam is the way you get closer to God, that's also good, If it is sikhism that's okay too and so on and so fort... There shouldn't be such a controversy in that. One of the many reasons why there is no peace in the world is because people don't respect religious freedom and are not very tolerant of it.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
You are happy,
the father is a pastor in redeemed church so i am expecting adeboye to perform wonder on her. i believe she is being hypnotized . it is common things in north especially against ibo girls. islamization of ibos through hpnosis.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by ChristAddict: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
raheema4u: Islam means TOTAL SUBMISSION to GOD. How are U so Sure u re on the right track if u don't take ur time and seek for the truth.

JESUS peace be upon him said that we should seek for the truth and it will set us free. We only die once. It doesn't hurt, take ur time read BIBLE and the QURAN with an open mind.

You don't need to say peace be upon Jesus Christ because he is the prince of peace, Isaiah 9:6.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by omo1doll(f): 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dem don give ha water to drink,na d water go do all d braain washin,silly uncontrolled geh
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by olaideimam01(f): 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Why on earth would U call a muslim a terrorist,a bomber and all sorts of insulting names Peace is the salient msg of islam,derived frm the word salam... Lots of muslims convert to xtianity on a daily basis,lots of xtians convert to islam. Its a matter of conviction. That shdnt call for insults. We shdnt judge pple based on dre religion,color or tribe. There are only GOOD and bad pple. My name is Aaiisha,I have lots of xtian frnds,I luv and adore dem. I eat in dre homes,I even say my salat dre atyms. For d luv of GOD, I avnt bombed anY of dem faa. I am educated,cos my religion has made the search for knowledge compulsory for every muslim. Islam detests ignorance. Her fada z reacting d way any parent will react,bt dat lady z 20 and 5 yrs old,so its her lyf and her choice. Stop the criticism of Islam. THERE ARE ONLY GOOD AND BAD PEOPLE... Peace

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by ChristAddict: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
airfinance:
That is to tell you that the pastors preachings are worldly things which most churches in nigeria preaches,islam is a complete way of life and it remeinds of the life after death,oneness of God,believe in his messengers.
Beside why would a pastor tell someone covering her hair to remove what she used to cover,which is pretty written in the bibble about women modesty,can he go to rome or better still the catholic nun,deeper life, to to stop covering their hair?
Hypocrisy and lack of ability to read more about islam is the major problem many non muslims are having...read more about your old testament and stop hidding the truth with the gospel of paul.

Are you referring to the whole New Testament as the gospel of Paul? this is part of what your Imams teach you guys I'm not surprise though because from outset Apostle Paul has been a threat to you guys.
Your comment shows that you are under 18.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by yomip3t(m): 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote] What is your massage to people wanting to join
Islam?
I have only one massage. Islam is good. Muslims are
truthful, everything they say, they believe in God and
they carry people along. Once a person converted to
Islam, he’ll be carried along until he is strong to stand
on his own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to hear this. This are things I saw also that led to my conversion. I was born in catholic and my families are catholics also.
Alhamdullilah !!! I'm proud to be a muslim now and I'm not regretting it for once over a year now that I've converted.
ISLAM IS THE BEST !

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by kasco27: 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
Islam is the only way to Salvation. Die not except u are a Muslim. Am hapi for u gal, Allah has shown u the way to Salvation. I pray that other non believers see the truth and accept it.[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by yomip3t(m): 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=abu12] What is your massage to people wanting to join
Islam?
I have only one massage. Islam is good. Muslims are
truthful, everything they say, they believe in God and
they carry people along. Once a person converted to
Islam, he’ll be carried along until he is strong to stand
on his own.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to hear this. This are things I saw also that led to my
conversion. I was born in catholic and my families are
catholics also.
Alhamdullilah !!! I'm proud to be a muslim now and I'm not
regretting it for once over a year now that I've converted.
ISLAM IS THE BEST !
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tpia5: 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
time to dust off a copy of cyprian ekwensi's burning grass and reread it.

i think there was a similar situation described there, with mai sunsaye et all.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by tpia5: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
anyway!

like i said, the best way to handle this matter [if true], is to leave the girl to practice her new religion.

meanwhile, the emir should take on the financial responsibilities of the girl's family members, move them to better accomodation eg buy them a house or two in abuja or lekki, her siblings should have nice cars as gifts, etc etc.

he should also extend his largesse and magnamity to her larger community and well wishers such as myself, i dont mind being a part of the nigerian dream, any little gift is ok, cash, contract, etc.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by searay(m): 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
kettykin:
And become suicide bombers and religious rioters, what else will they benefit from changing their faith
72 Virginsssss
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by koladebrainiac(m): 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
the fact behind this girl story,if dig properly,there is always a lover story. She may be promised money and all that! I know of a pastor who got converted to islam,ìt was discovered that he defrauded his church-you know when you sin and claim insanity to get people behind u.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by bibiking7(m): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bsmartt: Glory be to the almighty(SWT). this argument is the result of the preaching of our religious leader whose preaching is majorly on hatred for the other faithg its high time they started preaching love and peaceful co-existence among believers of different faith especially in a plural society like NIGERIA. We all know that people convert from one religion to another without any hullabaloo and kaos.Please let us check ourselves! PEACE

Very true talk. Religion has now become a competition rather than a conviction. WHy dont people just try to preach good will for their fellow humans. All they do is talk trash about the other religion to make their religion seem like the right path. They have forgotten that evil does not have a race, tribe or religion. Gruesome murders and crimes have been committed by people of different tribes, race and religions. I have seen atheists with far better character than most of the christians or muslims that i know.
People are here debating about the right of a 25 year old girl to decide which religion she wants to practise. Sounds very silly. SHE IS 25. She can even decide to practice hinduism if she likes. I really have to check that thread that talks about the predominant age on nairaland.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Inoknowbook: 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva: This girl is old enough to make her choice which religion to belong to. Whether she was hypnotized or not should nto sufficed else we can also say that those that have become born again Chritians were equally hypnotized. Abi no be so? I also understand her fears of not wanting to go back home. A typical Igbo man will rather die than see that a member of his family is a Muslim and even if he allows the girl practice her religion, she won't feel at home talk more of the community where she comes from.

If u are truly an Ibo, then I'm ashamed of you for saying that a typical Ibo will rather die than to see that a member of his family is a muslim. It shows that you don't know squat about Ibos. Let me tell you, if her conversion is genuine as she is alleging, she would not be the first Ibo to convert to Islam. Go to Imo and Abia States, and may be Enugu State, you will see lots of Ibos that are muslims. Have they all died? The highest thing the father may do to her is to disown her, harming her is out of the question. Please. that you have an Ibo name does not give you the right to make fallacious assertions about the Ibos.

From what this lady is saying, any right thinking person will know that she's not acting with her full senses. She is just parroting what she's been told. How could you say that your father sent people to be monitoring you even in the palace because you had wanted to go out and someone told you that your father was out there waiting for you? Obviously, the person who may have told her that never wanted her to go outside in order for her not to come to her senses. How come that we never heard in all the previous stories until this interview that her father had people outside of the palace monitoring her 24 hrs of the day? And look at her reasons for converting, none of that makes sense:I have only one massage. Islam is good. Muslims are truthful, everything they say, they believe in God and they carry people along. Once a person converted to Islam, he’ll be carried along until he is strong to stand on his own. To cap it all, when she was asked whether she would go back home if the father promised to allow her to practice her new found religion freely, she said NO. We Africans do have very strong attachment to our root, and this lady would forgo all that because of the so call fear that she has? It shows that whatever they used on her is indeed very strong. Finally, I am submitting that an Alhaji who is interested in marrying her, obviously she's a pretty girl, must have charmed her for the sole purpose of eventually marrying her. Watch out as this case will eventually end if she's not delivered from her bondage: MARRIAGE TO ONE ALHAJI. Believe it or not, she's under a strong charm!

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by ALTRUTH(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
MAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD AND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON JESUS CHRIST BRING OUR SISTER BACK TO THE LIGHT!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Releases White Pigeon At 56th Independence Anniversary (Photos) / Hon. Fred Agbed's House Burnt By Unknown Gunmen (Photos) / Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.