Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 (56691 Views)

Jeffrey Akoh Is The Winner Of Mtn Project Fame 8.0(photos) / Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2013
Pink_Lezbian: Mr Ben is going to far with the shouting! I think he is humiliating them, treating them like kids. Dunt like it

My dear the thing tire me o. first Mummy J told dem to knee down which I find to be really unnecessary and then uncle ben's shouting is becoming irritating. I know is all for showmanship but they should reduce it before they push one of the student to react. So far I like the way the students take everything calmly but hate it when some of them cry. Heard they will be doing naija hits this weekend.Am sure it will be fun. I wonder who will be home I hope is not Simon or Ayoka

1 Like

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
Just saw the omnibus on STV and heard dem rehearse dia song. I love the way they did their own version of each song. Especially Omotayo who is doing Gobe and David who is doing Limpopo,really love the way they sound.Would love to see Simon perform Timaya Nogere.I just hope he doesn't leave.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
I shed little tears while watching th first elimination show, so emotional. Well, life goes on.
Methinks other contestants who voted Oluchi are just scared of competition.
Roland and Ayoka performances were on point.
Well, I still havn't watch most of Simoen's performances, so I tink he's over-hyped. My view might still change as time goes on.
Big-Ups to MTN all the same.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
will be watching later on ONTV
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Aafulenu(f): 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
Who was evicted??
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
Heard it was Leonard and Oluchi. I will watch it on STV later and give my own view.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Am glad that Simon,Roland and Ayoka were d once saved. Simon,Ayoka,Roland and Oluchi did so well today I wonder why they didn't do like dis last week. My fear for Simon again is dat he might get over confidence again knowing that the public love him. He was really calm during dis week on probation till he displayed again wen dey mentioned his name dat he was saved.

I didn't understand why all the female contestant(except Immaculate who saved Ayoka)went for Oluchi.If u wanted to save the weakest link in order to have an advantage then go for Leonard. I just hope is a strategy and not a gang up against her.I wish they allowed the contestant on probation to see exactly how the other contestant voted am sure it would create another kind of atmosphere in d Academy.

The eviction night was emotional I wish Oluchi could say,cos she finally woke up but at a wrong time. Right now I can't say who the next 5 might be but one thing is clear, in as much as they are all talented,any little mistake will land anyone on probation.God make my favorite dem do well and neva land on probation o.

For the wild card entry,I wasn't too impress with this year selection. The only person dat really did well and showed so much confidence to me is Nancy,the last girl that performed. The first girl showed potential but was hitting flat notes. the second girl too tried but was not really strong,for the guys hmmmm.make I no talk but what is happening to our brothers now ?I will vote for Nancy.

Let's see what happens 2morow am sure many people will bring the roof down with their naija hit performance.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by sekemba(m): 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ppls wot station shows d prog on GOTV n tyme.dnt waanna mSs 2maaos' show.plssss am waiting
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 11, 2013
sekemba: Ppls wot station shows d prog on GOTV n tyme.dnt waanna mSs 2maaos' show.plssss am waiting
STV 9PM
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
Can't wait to watch tonite's show. I'm so happy simon wasn't evicted :-)
@ jefoski, yh I noticed most of the girls voted for Oluchi too,
and I was really glad when the last guy voted Ayoka, she's obviously a better singer.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Ehisyor: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aafulenu: Who was evicted??
leonard and oluch
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
Immaculate is so catchy and articulate.
Seems Jonny and Henry have overstayed thier welcome, hmm, buh let's see how it goes.
Magaret is not going home, mba!
Dont know the hype about Simeon, im not hating though, far from it.
Ayoka nd Roland, congrats, d faculty nd fellow contestants dat saved u were right.
Nini, Blessing, Omolayo,Jimoh, nd others, do not relent.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
jeffoski:
I didn't understand why all the female contestant(except Immaculate who saved Ayoka)went for Oluchi.If u wanted to save the weakest link in order to have an advantage then go for Leonard. I just hope is a strategy and not a gang up against her.I wish they allowed the contestant on probation to see exactly how the other contestant voted am sure it would create another kind of atmosphere in d Academy.

For the wild card entry,I wasn't too impress with this year selection. The only person dat really did well and showed so much confidence to me is Nancy,the last girl that performed. The first girl showed potential but was hitting flat notes. the second girl too tried but was not really strong,for the guys hmmmm.make I no talk but what is happening to our brothers now ?I will vote for Nancy.
Girls all over the world have been known to favour sentiments over common sense in actions and judgement.
U will notice the looks on their faces while voting Oluchi, the looks were suspicious and malicious.
I daresay, Immaculate used her senses and voted Ayoka cos she was not scared of competition and was sure of her onions.

As for the wildcard, only the second and the last girl wowed me and if I were to vote, the second girl would get my vote.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
blessing and Jimoh are on point
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Mesopotamia(f): 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
I think d judges were irrational tonight by placing olawale,gbemi and blessing on probation.....
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by tolulinks(m): 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
The problem with singng african songs is that it rarely shows the range and strengths of the really good vocalists. Sad to see Gbemi, Olawale and Blessing on probation but in truth I expected it of the first two because Gbemi overdid her sexiness and confidence and this irritated Bibie brew and olawale while excellent was guilty of poor mic control. Blessing, I didn't understand but I expect the three will be reinstated. The other two guys were poor and lacked substance. Btw, Gbemis is really HOT!
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by mtnfirstson: 12:44am On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by mtnfirstson: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2013
Last night Leonard and Oluchi bowed out of the competition gracefully leaving fourteen contestants in the competition to take up the challenge of dazzling everyone with a festival of Naija hits.

Joseph and Adora both looking spectacular in their outfits ushered in Ayoka who opened the stage with 'I Wish' by Waje. Her smooth performance got a warm commendation from both the judges and faculty. Simon practically brought the roof of the house down with a very energetic presentation of Timaya's 'Malo Nogede'. Henry on his part took up Banky W's 'Yes/No' and the Liberian babe - Margaret exuded so much as she performed Chidinma's 'Jolly'.

Blessing, with her charming smile took up 2face Idibia's 'Ihe N'eme', followed by Roland whose growth in the competition became very obvious as he performed May D's 'Ile Ijo'. Mummy J seems to never be in want of appropriate words to qualify people. She qualified Jimoh's look as 'delicious' after he did a flawless rendition of Sean Tizzle's 'Sho Le'.

While David, the cool dude from Ghana who seems to always appear prim and proper got a standing ovation when he stepped into character and performed the upbeat hit 'Limpopo' by KCee, Nini took the opposite direction up singing passionately the very soulful single 'Olorun Mi' by Tiwa Savage. She dedicated the performance to her late Dad and to everyone who have lost a lost one in time past.

Going back to the upbeat route, Johnny performed Iyanya's 'Jombolo'. Getting to Omolayo's turn, he stepped on stage, sounding the part and looking the part; he did a flawless rendition of Burna Boy's 'Like To Party'. Gbemisola elegantly stepped on stage and performed Omawunmi's 'Warn Yourself'. Immaculate in her usual energetic character wowed everyone with Monica Ogah's 'Tomorrow', and finally for the evening Olawale rounded off with 'Gobe' by Davido.

After all these performances, some contestants could not escape the judges' probation list and these contestants include Henry(7), Johnny(10), Gbemisola(6), Blessing(3) and Olawale(14).

To vote for your favorite contestant out of these five, just send that person’s number to 306 if you are in Nigeria, Liberia or Sierra Leone. Viewers in Ghana please text your favourite contestant’s number to 1745.

Next week also, we will find out which of the wildcard contestants will make it into the competition, through your votes. So keep those votes coming, West Africa, and win some mouth-watering prizes while you’re at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMGQpko49M

............whatta feeling

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 12, 2013
Mesopotamia: I think d judges were irrational tonight by placing olawale,gbemi and blessing on probation.....
very true
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
Last night show was below expectation for me. I thought it was going to be fun hearing dem do naija hit. Was expecting to hear anoder versions of each song. It would have been much fun if they remix most of the naija song and showed us some creativity in musical arrangement. Performing naija song the way it is on d C.D exactly is something difficult cos is more performance than singing(dat why most of our artiste can't perform with a live band and those that do tend to give another version which is beta dan what is done in d studio)that why most of dem go high b4 going on stage.

Blessing did well ,ihe ne me is too wordy to sing and dance at the same time but she move the place. I felt it was the keyboard guy who made the mistake and not her at the beginning . I notice other instrument where on key with her except him. Same tin dey did for Oluchi 1st performance which dey made noisy but calm everything down during her 2nd performance which was already too late. I just hope we are able to save her cos she is a really strong contender and didn't deserve to be on Probation.

For Olawale, Gobe is a really energetic song. They would have slowed it down at the beginning so he could show his vocal skills den up the tempo (that what they would have done for some of the contestant too) and I wonder why he wasn't giving dancers too knowing fully well that Gobe is a groving song.Even while he was jumping everywhere and making mistakes,the crowd was still dancing and having fun.

Gbemi performance was ok,I know she was trying too hard to impress but what do u expect with such a song. Trust ,if she had don contrary they would have complained she under performed.

I don't know who advise henry to be dancing on Yes/No. He had that performance but spoilt it with the yeye dance step dat didn't suit him at all and Jonny hmmmmm. All I can say is dat to perform Naija song the way it is no be Beans o.

Niniola gave an emotional and powerful performance and really struck a cord. I understand what Bibi was saying about her always getting to do slow songs but that was so wrong and on called for the way she put it,knowing the emotional feeling she was going tru wen performing that song. Nini didn't pick the song herself,she was giving the song to perform. If u have an issue with the kind of song she does,speak with the faculty and not her, u are there to judge her performance based on the song giving. I felt the reason she got a slow song was becos of the complain TY mix had with her lastweek that she performed below expectation (a performance dat was splendid) and now dat she redeemed herself they look for anoder complain,well sha I hope she gets a chance to prove herself to their satisfaction. reminds me of chidima early start in d academy too.

Please the faculty should give them 2 or 3 songs to pick from than just giving them anyhow song that will favour one person and others suffers. Then Kaffy should becareful on how she advise some to perform. I know is not easy sha cos they are much but make dem try abeg cos dia show is in a level now where it can't afford to drop.

Thank God for David,Immaculate,Jimoh and Nini that made the show fun but ProjectFame plz be more creative o.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by bobbybash(m): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
Get free studio passes/ Invites for your favourite tv and talent hunt shows on eventvisa.com.ng
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
been searching 4 dis thread since thank God I got ya
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by tolulinks(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pls guys, I don't know which day of the week they show the evictions and what time on STV? Thanks
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by UjSizzle(f): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
Nini killed her son..girl was good smiley
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Omolola1(f): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
Sunday's performance was rubbish jare, I really expected more.
Nini and Immaculate outshined others as usual.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
Someone should please tell Mr. Ben to stop shouting and humiliating them!!!!!!!
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by adisa204(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
The most consistent there is immaculate.Her rendition of alexandre burke's version of cohen's Hallelujah was WOW,then RESPECT by our own lady of soul music ARETHA FRANKLIN was just exceptional.Even bibi brown kept shouting Beautiful!Beautiful!!Beautiful!!!.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by nestaAK(m): 12:54am On Aug 13, 2013
uj_sizzle: Nini killed her son..girl was good smiley
. Are U 4 real so she actually killed her SON grin grin
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2013
tolulinks: Pls guys, I don't know which day of the week they show the evictions and what time on STV? Thanks
eviction is always on saturday. Just sit close to ur Tv from 8pm on STV and ONtv

1 Like

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 13, 2013
nesta-AK:
. Are U 4 real so she actually killed her SON grin grin
she meant SONG
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 13, 2013
Omolola1: Sunday's performance was rubbish jare, I really expected more.
Nini and Immaculate outshined others as usual.
I agree with you. it was absolute rubbish. Im wondering if the judges made the right selection this term
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
This week be like say e go boring o cos the song selection again get as e be o. They are doing soul(all those our old folks oyinbo type)the kind song wey I dey hear so na wa o and I know they will make dem sing it exactly the way it is without being creative and adding some african thrill to it.

I really hope the judges don't complain this week on Niniola cos she got a slow jazzy song again. Natalie Cole for that matter. Make dem no go vex put her for probation base on slow slow song wey dem dey give her.

E be like say na Henry and Jonny wan go house o or Henry and Olawale o and for the wild card it will be fun if Nancy gets into the house but what I don't understand is how will that play out for duet week since her coming will change their numbers to odd number.(6rom 12 to 13) let see it see how it plays out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mixed Reactions Trail Emmanuel's Aerophobic Comment / BBNaija: Omashola "Sex With Khafi Will Be Easy" / Makeup Transformation: Which Nollywood Actor Is This???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.