Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home (29186 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / UK Illegal Immigrants ‘May Get Amnesty To Stay’ – Sky News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
naijababe:

But you did not provide proof too now Afam, in fact it took 2 posters badgering you to tell us the number of your friends that have returned from the UK. When Justwise questioned you about using your 20 friends as an above and beyond comparison you said you were within your right to do so, only to come back and start talking about UK and US populations!

I swear Unilag did themselves a favour! Did someone write the exam your Jamb and post UME for you? You could not have scored 50 if you wrote it yourself! Intellectual giant! grin grin grin grin grin Hahahahahahaha!!!!

I will remember you in my prayers as I am my brother's keeper eh! Better yet, send me your address, I will send you son Ginkgo Biloba in the post, it's supposed to help the grey matter. Ndo eh!!!
I spoke based on personal opinion but you spoke based on a report but you could not provide the report. That shows that you're not even supposed to be viewing this thread cos it's above your mental capacity.

At the end of the day, you're my fellow Nigerian and i wish you the best. In case you get deported, don't despair, accept it in good fate and start all over. I know a guy that was deported from UK and went into the importation of YAM from the north and today, i kid you not, he's a millionaire. If he can do it, so can you. keep hope alive. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by justwise(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

When compared to the unemployment rate of naija grads in the UK, it is still way better.
If you have 30million grads in naija with an unemployment rate of 30%, it still beats an unemployment rate of greater than 60-70% of the relatively low number of naija grads in the UK.
Lets stop being sentimental. The job situation for naija grads in the UK is horrible. Thank your God, you are one of the lucky few. There are thousands that have since gone back home and others are laying away wasting their time waiting for offers that wont come

You are lost for real, so the UK graduates are made up of only Nigerians? And the UK govt is under obligation to provide employment for Nigerian graduates who are not even citizens?

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

When compared to the unemployment rate of naija grads in the UK, it is still way better.
If you have 30million grads in naija with an unemployment rate of 30%, it still beats an unemployment rate of greater than 60-70% of the relatively low number of naija grads in the UK.
How is this better

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

Who banned you?

Afam4charva!
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by xykms101: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
This has turned into war shocked shocked.

But seriously I don't like how the UK are treating some commonwealth members abeg!

They'd should go it easy with their immigration policy. The real threat to them are those from Bulgaria and Romania. I guess they are using others to make up for the loss.

If you are tired of staying in UK, you are welcomed to France. I see some Algerians cleaning car windscreen on traffic.

They also tolerate beggars. cheesy. No police chasing your ass,
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by xykms101: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Donxavier:

Chai i don't agree with this. I don't agree at all. But for this immigration thingy I would have gotten a job now... In naija i didn't even get an interview and I graduated with 2.1 oh,.... I have gone for a lot of interviews in the uk even phone interviews. Back home guys are just doing some sort of trading all in the name of keeping busy and not being wasted...
So what have you achieved in the Uk ? Don't tell me you've gat alotta baffs to hang around and take shot on the street.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
lady gogo:

I believe you have your rose coloured glasses on or maybe there is another Nigeria somewhere.

Re: 50,000 Graduates Applied For 72 NERC Jobs- Professor Nebo (MINISTER OF POWER)

I maintain my stance. Yes there is unemployment in Nigeria but if we get to the nitty gritty, you will agree with me that people are getting jobs. Half of the unemployed have degrees in courses like languages, arts etc. Some have degrees in relevant courses but cant defend their degrees if their life depended on it.
The relative unemployment rate for people with degrees in demand like Engineering, Accounting, Banking Finance is low.
Yes we have graduates with these degrees that are unemployed as well but 95% of them fall into the category "can't defend their degrees/exceptionally low GPA's"
How many first class/2.1 graduates are roaming the streets nowadays compared to 10 years ago. Those that are, either do not want to start small and are ignoring the banks,SME, for BIG OIL.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
I spoke based on personal opinion but you spoke based on a report but you could not provide the report. That shows that you're not even supposed to be viewing this thread cos it's above your mental capacity.

At the end of the day, you're my fellow Nigerian and i wish you the best. In case you get deported, don't despair, accept it in good fate and start all over. I know a guy that was deported from UK and went into the importation of YAM from the north and today, i kid you not, he's a millionaire. If he can do it, so can you. keep hope alive. God bless you.
This Rivers boy you try sha,Im laughing my head off here Importation of yam from teh North hahahahah what of BH?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

I maintain my stance. Yes there is unemployment in Nigeria but if we get to the nitty gritty, you will agree with me that people are getting jobs. Half of the unemployed have degrees in courses like languages, arts etc. Some have degrees in relevant courses but cant defend their degrees if their life depended on it.
The relative unemployment rate for people with degrees in demand like Engineering, Accounting, Banking Finance is low.
Yes we have graduates with these degrees that are unemployed as well but 95% of them fall into the category "can't defend their degrees/exceptionally low GPA's"
How many first class/2.1 graduates are roaming the streets nowadays compared to 10 years ago. Those that are, either do not want to start small and are ignoring the banks,SME, for BIG OIL.
I agree with you 100 percent, but do we as a people have that patience?Im equally guilty of this trend.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce: This has turned into war shocked shocked.

But seriously I don't like how the UK are treating some commonwealth members abeg!

They'd should go it easy with their immigration policy. The real threat to them are those from Bulgaria and Romania. I guess they are using others to make up for the loss.

If you are tired of staying in UK, you are welcomed to France. I see some Algerians cleaning car windscreen on traffic.

The British empire goes down in history as the most exploiting colonial masters ever. Go to France and other european countries and see how they treat their former colonies. These British people are very selfish.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
xykms101: Yeah! Truth hurts, watch out for your back dude, Operation Go back to your home or face arrest on track.

Nyben you rest your case please.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
justwise:

You are lost for real, so the UK graduates are made up of only Nigerians? And the UK govt is under obligation to provide employment for Nigerian graduates who are not even citizens?

What are you saying. Don't be an OYAKHILOME and stop taking shait out of context. I responded to a comment about the plight of naija graduates in the UK versus back in naija to butress my point and you are here yarning opata
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
xykms101: So what have you achieved in the Uk ? Don't tell me you've gat alotta baffs to hang around and take shot on the street.

I will get the job and sponsorship before my time is due here
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
Flytefalls:
How is this better

It means you have better odds of securing a job in naija as a nigerian than you do in the UK.
This isn't navier stokes people!!
It's not that hard to decipher
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-town:

What are you saying. Don't be an OYAKHILOME and stop taking shait out of context. I responded to a comment about the plight of naija graduates in the UK versus back in naija to butress my point and you are here yarning opata

In my own experience jobs full here for uk now, na just this work restriction dey hold guys. I know a lot of peeps that at least have gone for 1 or 2 interviews here in the uk in naija there was no feedback at all.
A-town:

95% eh? So, the Nigerian Higher Education system has failed them then?? undecided
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce: This has turned into war shocked shocked.

FRANCE? the gateway country to the UK? lol The Uk is entitled to their own law and order and we living here have an option of either obeying or bugging off
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
The British empire goes down in history as the most exploiting colonial masters ever. Go to France and other european countries and see how they treat their former colonies. These British people are very selfish.

I give it to France, they tolerate immigrants a lot. Sakozy wanted to do the stuff the UK are doing now but got kicked out for Francois. If you check the stat, in France at least one member of your family have an immigrant. Be it Moroccan,Algerian, Gabon, Guinean etc. but the British are still very much racist! Try reading comment from daily mail sometimes, I feel sick inside of me.

What then is the use of common wealth?

2 Likes

Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
Donxavier:

In my own experience jobs full here for uk now, na just this work restriction dey hold guys. I know a lot of peeps that at least have gone for 1 or 2 interviews here in the uk in naija there was no feedback at all.

Hence my point. You have better odds securing a job in naija. Whether you like it or not, work restriction will always be a barrier. Add to that, the dwindling economy in the UK and you have a shait hole situation
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
Donxavier:

Leave them, the blind shall continue to remain blind, but bross no forget oh wen U receive £1600 a month pay ur rent £350,keep £250 as pocket money and send £1000 home direct to your Nigerian account as savings oh and tehn we here go ask how many people for 9ja fit save 250K as derived from , honest work, nah joke I dey sha grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

I give it to France, they tolerate immigrants a lot. Sakozy wanted to do the stuff the UK are doing now but got kicked out for Francois. If you check the stat, in France at least one member of your family have an immigrant. Be it Moroccan,Algerian, Gabon, Guinean etc. but the British are still very much racist! Try reading comment from daily mail sometimes, I feel sick inside of me.

That;s why i keep saying that we don't gain anything being a member of commonwealth. It's just a means through which the British empire keeps lording over it's former colonies. They benefit more from us than we do from there, so i say good riddance.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
erico2k2:
FRANCE? the gateway country to the UK? lol The Uk is entitled to their own law and order and we living here have an option of either obeying or bugging off

France is the best place to be apart from the US. That's the way I see it! They respect the black family here, even their football and other sports have been taken over by immigrants of African descent,.

Anyway, this is about the UK, if you are illegal pls its better you go back home and try to fix yourself up! You can later migrate as legal. No fun living life as an illigal
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

lol Let me ask you one simple question, Do you live and work in France?
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Flytefalls:
95% eh? So, the Nigerian Higher Education system has failed them then?? undecided
As much as the Nigerian Higher Education may be blamed, throwing blame around serves no purpose. The only person that can fail you is YOU. It is still the same education system that produced some of the brightest minds we have in the world today so that excuse is moot
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

France is the best place to be apart from the US. That's the way I see it! They respect the black family here, even their football and other sports have been taken over by immigrants of African descent,.

Anyway, this is about the UK, if you are illegal pls its better you go back home and try to fix yourself up! You can later migrate as legal. No fun living life as an illigal
My daughter is 10 years old here, that should give you some insight to THE IF Im legal or not
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
erico2k2: 3
Leave them, the blind shall continue to remain blind, but bross no forget oh wen U receive £1600 a month pay ur rent £350,keep £250 as pocket money and send £1000 home direct to your Nigerian account as savings oh and tehn we here go ask how many people for 9ja fit save 250K as derived from , honest work, nah joke I dey sha grin grin grin grin

I will take that to heart grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
erico2k2:
lol Let me ask you one simple question, Do you live and work in France?

I live in France but work in west Africa! Nigeria exclusive! smiley
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

@ the bolded is the reason why I despise dailymail. Most of the people on there are nutters somewhere in the country, where black folks are like an extinct breed. To them, every black person is a thug that will never amount to nothing in life - and everyone is an immigrant scrounging for benefits.

As for France - I don't think it's as liberal and accommodating as the UK - from my experience. Yes, they have the absorption policy - in which they take the best talents from their colonies and use their talents for France. However, that's more or less slavery than anything else, tbh.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by xykms101: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
erico2k2:
My daughter is 10 years old here, that should give you some insight to weather Im legal or not
Look @this one, there are thousands of illegal immigrants with children in the Uk.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by erico2k2(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
Chillisauce:

I live in France but work in west Africa! Nigeria exclusive! smiley
So is neither here nor there, anyway since you dont live in France exclusively you wont be able to answer my questions.
Re: UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home by 50calibre(m): 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Some if these peeps screaming " the UK is poor " " people are suffering " bla bla bla are mostly hungry people who were deported, tried multiple times for a Uk visa without success, or just too poor to leave the shores of nigeria my trust me! And making attacks like this is their only way of compensating themselves.

Rich Nigerians don't talk like that because most of them visit the UK for holidays and they know why the UK is still a choice destination.

If you give most of these guys (afam4ever and co) an Iraqi or Vietnamese visa, they will jump on it like flies jump on manure.

People struggle in the UK, Yes! But at least their lives are valued, they are treated with respect, they have basic amenities, their human rights are protected, they have security C'mon apart from the Top 10-20% in Nigeria who are living the dream, the rest as suffering like donkeys, I'm mean the suffering and toiling there is unimaginable and on top that, they can die like a chicken.

When last I was in lagos, an army man almost flogged me in front of my babe all because I stopped in front of a barracks to pick a wheelcover that fell off after I hit a bump on their own road.

God help Nigeria!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Truck Collides With Cattle Along Keffi-Abuja Road, Many Cows Dead (Pics) / 8 Killed In Taraba Fuel Tanker Explosion As Soldiers Chase Driver (Graphic Pics) / Plane Crashes In Waller County, Texas. All 21 Passengers Safe (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.