Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,610 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36744 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Ifyann: 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.
I would've been so disappointed if you are a student of the sch.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Msmhillie(f): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Haters stop cryin na...if uve bn2 OAU b4 or yo a student f dt great skul..ul knw d skul ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅§ nt comparable2 any uni in Nigeria..ion blame una sha its normal2 b pained..at least y isit alweiz OAU..*back2 topic..we ranked d best in Nig nd ..ohhhh dd ȋ̊ jst see 8th inAfrica!!! !*dancin limpopo* tongue shocked grin

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by JimloveTM(m): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
where o where is UNIBEN?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by rill: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
Wow, Auchi poly was ranked above UI. Lmao!!!!!!
Now d question is....do I believe

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by porka: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.

So where are you schooling?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Sodiq3(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.
if it is by this,A.B.U could hv bn ranked the Best...
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
cheesy you can never be a student or alumnus with this kind of output

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa

Such a scam. And to think they rated Auchi Polythecninc second in Nigeria. Rubbish!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by IleIfe2(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
jmoore: Don't be deceived by webometrics, it has nothing to do with academic excellence.

"webometrics is a directory of world universities ranked according to their presence on the Web"

True, web presence in the form of lecture slides, Contributions of lectures and Profs to periodical journals, research findings made available by the uni etc.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by porka: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
ceo_13: Thank God my university, Ahmadu Bello University is in top 10; and for those calling names of great alumini from OAU they should give ABU credit for producing their leaders and big shot that run things in Nigeria. See dem: yar' Adua, atiku, almost all the northern givernors, el rufai, and many more. ABU for for life!!!

What did Atiku study in ABU?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Tessy2009(m): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
All this ranking might be biased except the organizations doing the ranking ensure they pay a visit to all institutions and rank using different criteria and scoring each criterion before arriving at an aggregate score. As an A.B.U-site, I can categorically tell U that most of the items listed by one of the posters are present plus a regular Lecturer's evaluation form served to students whenever successive poor performances are being recorded in a particular course ( best practice world wide).
However, one of the "minus" is the high student lecturer ratio which is being addressed.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by damajoski: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
peeps always intimidated by OAU... Unilorin can lik to take a seat..... its only uni of ibd i consider d best asides d greatest ife
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by EmmyDe25(m): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
joeydozzy:

Na wa which kind university still dey use blackboard? grin grin
Welcome to ABU.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by horlabiyi(m): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
I wanted to comment but I gave up when I realized that those that rank them based in Spain.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by hummerwise(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
You can't see or read an oau student argue wif u doubtin tees....like sum1 rytly said if u av any problem wif the ranking jus google search ans ursef.....its better u stop askin questions....with no disrespect to all other unis u jus av 2 b an OAu student b4 u understnd dis, am an OAU student tho but this has come out frm an objective mind
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Gamesmart: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ijawboi: my school uses projector,
My environment is conducive for learning.. Wait wait y I dey even reply you, no be S.A wey person shot him wife for bathroom? Abeg relax joor. Idiat. Go buy land for deir na. Mumu

What has someone shooting his wife in a bathroom got to do with the quality of a nation's university?

You are this stttupid and you claim to be in a school/university? Your university sure is rubbish!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Ujawissy: 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
UI,UNILAG,UNN,bla bla bla can never be compare with IFE.It is a great privilege for a Nigeria university to be rank above university of Ghana where looters take their ward to.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Adex098(m): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
That name (uNILORin) is so nauseating embarassed

#no offence pls#
That's how I feel.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by orobopasiosio(m): 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
[quote
author=nerodenero]Nice one for OAU but how reliable is the statistics?I
would have loved to see the criteria used before they arrived at this
conclusion.If the statistics are good enough,then congratulations to
OAU.[/quote]

good one
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by timecop28: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
collynzo2: Probably never been to University of Ibadan. You wouldn't have written this.
You've obviously never been to OAU. I've been to UI and there isn't anything special about the architectural design. Only ABU comes close.
Although, I don't take rankings of any kind seriously (Forbes inclusive), The first generation universities yet remain the best in Nigeria..and OAU leads, considering the quality of graduates the institution produce.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ayinkala(m): 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
Abeg make we hear word. If ur School "OAU" like, make hin come first in d World, that won't put food on ur table.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Toecynne(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
porka:

What did Atiku study in ABU?

how to loot money to build hz own university
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by bankyc: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
Who cares These people ignorance amuses me. We dont giv shi.t abt all these wack ranking in "better by far" new session on our mind jare.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
dnt mind dem bro,they want to meet the schl but they cant meet dem....proudly OAU-Oba Awon Uni
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by timecop28: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
rill: Wow, Auchi poly was ranked above UI. Lmao!!!!!!
Now d question is....do I believe
LMAO..It's the same web that ranked UNILORIN as number one in Nigeria some years back.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by dolphinife: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
Though, i graduated from OAU, i will alwys dispute all these useless ranking institutions because they do not have cogent basis for ranking universities. Be that as it may, the ranking is a welcome development which am very proud to associate with.

Whether OAU is living on past glories or not, the point is that OAU is a model to so many universities in Africa and the world generally. I can't count several industrialists and university owners who have visited OAU in the past to study the architectural layout so that same can be replicated in their private-owned-universities.

By far, minus educational standard, OAU is the most beautiful campus in Nigeria. I mean, OAU is just too beautiful to behold that you will always marvel to see such a marvelos architectural masterpiece given to us by ARIEL SHARON. OAU is also the citadel and fountain of vibrant and eloquent unionism in the country. No other university in this country could boast of a strong sense of activism as much as OAU. OAU is the bedrock of ASUU in Nigeria and it remains so.

If you are reading this comment, and at the same time, you are also a nairalander, just know that the platform you are using to reply was created by an OAU graduate grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omusiliyu(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.

Then what did u want the ABU'Zaria alumni and students to list... They've the highest number of eminent/important alumni...
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by kinkymax: 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
yemmit90:

Mr. Odeeee, when last did you visited the school?

OAU have evertthing you mentioned above,plus adequate land mass and beautiful environment.
. Wooow u re reli a grad frm dat skul. Did u visited abi
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by jayjam(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

What criteria are you looking for?

Does OAU have computer library for students?

Does OAU have free wifi for student or any available internet for visitors ?

Doess OAU offer master degreee?

Does OAU gives scholarship or grant to students that score above 3.5 or probably 4.0.

Does OAU have any sport activity?

Tell me what OAU students or professors have produced or discover for the last 10 years...

Answer the question above......

Coming wih more question....
u are d d dumbest of posters av ever seen here this week,Oau doesn't offer Masters degree?u are a joke,OAU doesn't av wifi? U probably avn't heard of INTECU,computer library?u nid to visit d skyebank compulibrary up to world standard,sports facilities?u nid to ask yourself y they are hosting NUGA.inventions?u probably havnt heard of prof.Ige who is known for chemical nanotechnology.U nid to google up smthngs man

3 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
koonbey:
Exxcatly,all this shows is that OAU-ites have a Propensity of whiling away Time online,probably on Facebook and Twiiter,Nairaland too

Don't bite me,na joke;but seriously sha,this List has nothing to do with Academic Standards
if na academic sef,wetin u wan say so is beta u keep shot,oau na baba in everytin.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by veraponpo(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=Acecube] unilorin have all the above plus fast {and non-striking} academic calendar[/quot

Are u a graduate at all? Unilorin 'have' or 'has'?

You are a bad product if your school is deemed good.

But OAU is oustanding-Seun and I are living witnesses plus others on the forum...

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by emmasege: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
One fact about mediocres is that they never appreciate excellence. OAU is in an unrivalled class as far as University education is concerned in Nigeria. I attended UI as an undergraduate and OAU as a postgraduate, and I can tell u that OAU deserves to be Nigeria's best. I always wonder why UNILORIN makes so much noise- that glorified secondary school. It would be unfair for u to criticize this rating if u have never visited any other Nigerian University other than ur Alma Mata. I've visited UI, OAU, UNIBEN, UNILORIN, BUK and i can say that OAU is not only the pride of Nigeria but also of Africa. I have an Hausa friend who attended ABU but paid a visit to OAU about 2 years ago. He told me he had to call his wife right there on OAU campus that he had found a university in Nigeria. Even the Emir of Katsina attested to OAU's greatness at the last convocation when he said "I have been to many Universities in Nigeria and honestly speaking I have not found a University like OAU". OAU's greatness transcends architectural beauty but also academic excellence and a complete campus life. i am proudly a UITE but i give it to Ife.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo) / Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.